Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks (36798 Views)

Buhari Welcomes Offer From Islamic Development Bank To Develop Nigeria (Photo) / Buhari Welcomes French Ambassador And His Deputy In Abuja...photos / Buhari Welcomes Commonwealth Election Monitoring Team In His Abuja Office.photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by maryhaam(f): 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lf one Nigerian dies then it is Shoprite tinxs on my mind****who get fuel for here and matches soft bread dey hungry me**** angry
shoprite thou I can't laugh,people go pack, anything packable.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Firefire(m): 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
oloworulz:
wetin dis oponu dey talk sef ... [s]I guess u are one of those lagoon boys seeking for asylum on our land( Lagos). I can't wait for a government that will wipe off the igbos from Lagos map. That day is coming[/s]

Won ko eee, sugbon o gba eko. Alakoigba.

Olorun o ni je ki enu pa ee. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pelmet:
See politics? If it were before the election now, he'ld have condemned and said a good govt would evacuate its citizens and not taking the risks o' leaving them there since the SA cans could actually go house to house o' foreigners. I jez pity those killing themselves 'cos o' these power hungry dudes. Smh
... Very correct. Before election Buhari would have want to make sense where no sense is..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by kazzamaks28(f): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nigerians,biko come home mbok.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by MduZA: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nigerians in SA are urge to respect the laws of the host nation...

drug dealers,human traffickers and fraudsters did you hear that...?

SAi Buhari
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by InvertedHammer: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
The campaigns/elections really woke GEJ up from slumber. The last three months is the most active GEJ had been as a president.

How I wish he were this active in the last 6 years. Sycophants and profiteers really did him in.

Sorry dude.
/
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

Asari Dokubo your godfather.. lols
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by DaGC(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
InvertedHammer:
The campaigns/elections really woke GEJ up from slumber. The last three months is the most active GEJ had been as a president.

How I wish he were this active in the last 6 years. Sycophants and profiteers really did him in.

Sorry dude.
/

He was active in carrying out his duty constitutionally through out his tenure. He just wasn't publicized much like now. If he had mastered the use of the media like Fashola or Akpabio, Nigerians might have seen more of him. These men will throw a bash with press present to commision street lights whereas many other governors don't.

Apart from the BH menace, which is not entirely his fault because it took quite a long while to restock the armed forces. Even the once depleted air force can now boast of over 200 aircraft and drones. As far as corruption goes, its not his job constitutionally. That belongs to the NPF, ICPC, EFCC and the courts.

He had lots of good policies and truly carried out a lot of infrastructural projects more than any Nigerian leader since 1960, but many Nigerians were not satisfied, thus the result of the just concluded election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
alberto2k:

Even if he wanted to, those Jagabons and ame-traitor backing him won't let that happen
u de mind dem?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by anwo247: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
DaGC:

He was active in carrying out his duty constitutionally through out. He just wasn't publicized much like now. If he had mastered the use of the media like Fashola or Akpabio, Nigerians might have seen more of him.

Apart from the BH menace, which is not his fault because it took quite a long while to restock the armed forces, even the once depleted air force can now boast of over 200 aircraft and drones. As far as corruption goes, its not his job constitutionally. That belongs to the NPF, ICPC, EFCC and the courts.

He had lots of good policies and truly carried out a lot of infrastructural projects more than any Nigerian leader since 1960, but many Nigerians were not satisfied, thus the result of the just concluded election.

Thank you my brother.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that in this last concluded election, even if it was a fowl or camel from the north that contested against jonathan, it would have won.

Jonathan has no offence against the north only they felt he didn't need to contest again.

Yorubas bought into the idea and hence the gang up, using underage voters across the north and yet the international observers didn't see anything wrong in that!!!!!

Anytime Americans and British are supporting a country and willing to ring in their soldiers, watch what happens after their departure.

GEJ resisted Americans and British take over of nigeria afresh and that was why they refused to sell arms to him or support his govt. They know he is best for nigeria.

Funny enough, the UN now wants to send troop to Nigeria after BH has been degraded....... habaaaaa , heaven where God almighty is, is really far from Earth.

I only hope that our Talk-and-Forget-President-elect will not fall for their trap.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by castrokins(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
It Is Not That These Men Were Oblivious Of Jonathan's Efforts In All Sectors. They Only Conspired To Bring Him Down At All Cost. Now He's President-Elect, He'd Commend Anything Jonathan. Had He Been Beaten At The Polls, You Bet Jonathan Would Be Called All Sort Of Names For Not Hitting South Africa. We'd All See The End.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by DaGC(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
anwo247:

Thank you my brother.

I also want to draw your attention to the fact that in this last concluded election, even if it was a fowl or camel from the north that contested against jonathan, it would have won.

Jonathan has no offence against the north only they felt he didn't need to contest again.

Yorubas bought into the idea and hence the gang up, using underage voters across the north and yet the international observers didn't see anything wrong in that!!!!!

Anytime Americans and British are supporting a country and willing to ring in their soldiers, watch what happens after their departure.

GEJ resisted Americans and British take over of nigeria afresh and that was why they refused to sell arms to him or support his govt. They know he is best for nigeria.

Funny enough, the UN now wants to send troop to Nigeria after BH has been degraded....... habaaaaa , heaven where God almighty is, is really far from Earth.

I only hope that our Talk-and-Forget-President-elect will not fall for their trap.

UN is sending troops to Nigeria? shocked
This is the 1st I'm hearing of it o. Where were they all these years? undecided

Lol at some of your points. Lastly, I give credit to the opposition media team. They used the media to their advantage and were able to persuade many Nigerans into believing this govt as being the worst in the history of this nation. Propaganda sure has power.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181642-buhari-welcomes-steps-taken-by-jonathan-on-south-africas-xenophobic-attacks.html

did he sound like this in post election'11? Wud he have sounded like this if he had lost da election? Apc eternally disgusting..
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by InvertedHammer: 3:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
DaGC:

He was active in carrying out his duty constitutionally through out his tenure. He just wasn't publicized much like now. If he had mastered the use of the media like Fashola or Akpabio, Nigerians might have seen more of him. These men will throw a bash with press present to commision street lights whereas many other governors don't.

Apart from the BH menace, which is not entirely his fault because it took quite a long while to restock the armed forces. Even the once depleted air force can now boast of over 200 aircraft and drones. As far as corruption goes, its not his job constitutionally. That belongs to the NPF, ICPC, EFCC and the courts.

/
And whose fault is it? I hope you are not insinuating that GEJ performed but is clueless? That will be a terrible thing to say.
\
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by pdrefurb: 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari Buhari, hmmmm, we don't need your commendation, our president will continue to act within the law until end of service.
[size=18pt]

A note of warning to the South Africans, please call your fellow countrymen to order, NOW!

[/size]
watching how you are maiming and killing your fellow human being in a barbaric manner is unacceptable. angry

We would not act foolishly like you people, but all options are on the table to protect our fellow citizen everywhere and anywhere in the world.

Be guided accordingly.
Whether Ɣ☺ΰ like it or not he will be your president for the next four years so advice adjust to this reality or park out of nigeria and come back when your darling pdp take over again.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by DaGC(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
And whose fault is it? I hope you are not insinuating that GEJ performed but is clueless? That will be a terrible thing to say.
\

'Clueless' is the last word I would use to describe President Jonathan. His media team should have done way much more.

FYI, from your above comment, it sounded like you are saying 'use of media' is a yardstick for measuring good governance.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by sweetgala(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
Firefire:
Buhari Buhari, hmmmm, we don't need your commendation, our president will continue to act within the law until end of service.
[size=18pt]

A note of warning to the South Africans, please call your fellow countrymen to order, NOW!

[/size]
watching how you are maiming and killing your fellow human being in a barbaric manner is unacceptable. angry

We would not act foolishly like you people, but all options are on the table to protect our fellow citizen everywhere and anywhere in the world.

Be guided accordingly.

He should be equally if not more concerned as he'll be the one who has to deal with the eventual fall out when the violent episode ends.

There is every possibility individuals like the king , and Zuma son might find themselves in ICC when this dust settles, Zimbabwe, malawi and Congo seem to be out for blood
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by crisycent: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Should a Nigerian be killed, I swear down, I will behead my souty b*tch. Poor bastards.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by legatto(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
***********MODIFIED***********
The Poster above me needs brain surgery. And the surgery can be done 4 him in south africa...A fool at his age

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by craise(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
if Buhari and his likes had acted this way on the boko haram issue and didn't politicise it like they did am very sure those idiots would have been long forgotten.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by InvertedHammer: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
DaGC:

'Clueless' is the last word I would use to describe President Jonathan. His media team should have done way much more.

FYI, from your above comment, it sounded like you are saying 'use of media' is a yardstick for measuring good governance.
/
The use of media is not the yardstick for measuring good governance but it is an integral part of today's politics.

A good leader must find ways to communicate with the people. He/she can use the media or let the good works speak for themselves.

But the media aides to GEJ were busy mixing explanations and insolence. It is not what they did that mattered. The worst part

was GEJ gave them free reign and failed to call them to order when they acted out of line. In some cases, it appeared as if

GEJ is not in control by his mien, utterances and actions.

\
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by akunnasu: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Wonder shall never end! Buhari, commending Jonathan? Ha! This one na d real CHANGE O.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Velocitron:

Projection much? undecided
I don't see your point undecided
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
complete blacklisting of south africa, south africans and south african companies (like dstv and mtn) is the answer.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Cherlene(f): 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Good evening

I am DEVASTATED at what has been TRANSPIRING in South Africa.

As an South-African I am downhearted regarding the Xenophobia methods used to cast-off foreigners.

Cherlene
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by hope4nigeria(m): 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
KingTom:
It is good, that there is no bad blood between Buhari and Johnathan, each man understands that events of the past few months were only part of politics. That's good for our democracy. Meanwhile to the Nigerians being slaughtered in South Africa, be strong,
****In African China's voice****
"Come back home and see your fatherland, come back home and see your motherland"

*************MODIFIED***********
The Poster above me needs brain surgery
yes he surely need it
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by hope4nigeria(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Cherlene:
Good evening

I am DEVASTATED at what has been TRANSPIRING in South Africa.

As an South-African I am downhearted regarding the Xenophobia methods used to cast-off foreigners.

Cherlene
hope u r not in nigeria enjoy good and peaceful hospitality? God will judge and destroy SA if nigeria with her hand of felloqship deserve such treatment
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by KingTom(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
hope4nigeria:
yes he surely need it
grin grin
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Cherlene(f): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
hope4nigeria:
hope u r not in nigeria enjoy good and peaceful hospitality? God will judge and destroy SA if nigeria with her hand of felloqship deserve such treatment

I am presently abroad!

Cherlene
Re: Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

lawrence aninih ur partner in crime

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hosa Okunbo Congratulates Obaseki On His Reelection / Osinbajo, Obasanjo & Wike At Bala Mohammed Daughter's Wedding (Photos, Video) / Jibrin: Tinubu Is One Of The Owners Of Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.