Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! (3379 Views)

Whatapp For Android Gets An Improved Feature You're Going To Want / Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / BBM For Android Gets Full Material Design Makeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 12:36am On Apr 19, 2015
To view links and images, click http://www.jideprof.com/2015/04/whatsapp-for-android-gets-updated-with.html

After the introduction on the WhatsApp call feature and it's availability for all android users, WhatsApp thinks it's time to give a matured look and feel to it's Android app.

And now, the update is here and it allows you to have access to more features in addition to the WhatsApp call already established.
What's In The Update? In fact, there's a total change in the app's look, on the top on the chat screen is the noticeable material look just like that of Playstore and Gmail apps. Just immediately below it is the tabs for call, chats and contacts which now sticks to the top as you scroll down.

Contacts DP which is aligned to the left of the list is now enclosed in a circle and you can view your friend's profile pictures directly from there.

You can also disable WhatsApp receipts (the blue double ticks that shows when a message is seen and read) in the privacy settings.

Plus! There's an option to turn on popups for notifications and you can directly send an instant reply without having to launch the main app. Here's a preview:

If there are any new features, it means I haven't noticed it but you can actually install the update to stay in the trend and enjoy a easier chat.
How Do I Download/Update it?
Just like I said the update applies to Android users only, it is not yet available on Playstore but you can get on on whats appp website, get links and screenshots at: http://www.jideprof.com/2015/04/whatsapp-for-android-gets-updated-with.html
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by acenazt: 2:06am On Apr 19, 2015
Hehheheehe make I go update. Sharp sharp!!!!!
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by ademega(m): 5:32am On Apr 19, 2015
I works like magic .oh I love this . thanks op
Modify *
Wait oh ... I can't change my dp and have access to change my privacy or options .
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 19, 2015
Hmmm so they have adopted some of whatsapp plus features. That's good but me still rocking my whatsApp plus...
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2015
ademega:
I works like magic .oh I love this . thanks op
Modify *
Wait oh ... I can't change my dp and have access to change my privacy or options .

Maybe its an issue with your network, still changed mine now
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by Lilyomi(f): 12:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Off to update
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by JulianoB: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
@ op, d pop up notification hs bin there since even bfr d call feature.
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by ademega(m): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
jideprof:
To view links and images, click http://www.jideprof.com/2015/04/whatsapp-for-android-gets-updated-with.html

After the introduction on the WhatsApp call feature and it's availability for all android users, WhatsApp thinks it's time to give a matured look and feel to it's Android app.

And now, the update is here and it allows you to have access to more features in addition to the WhatsApp call already established.
What's In The Update? In fact, there's a total change in the app's look, on the top on the chat screen is the noticeable material look just like that of Playstore and Gmail apps. Just immediately below it is the tabs for call, chats and contacts which now sticks to the top as you scroll down.

Contacts DP which is aligned to the left of the list is now enclosed in a circle and you can view your friend's profile pictures directly from there.

You can also disable WhatsApp receipts (the blue double ticks that shows when a message is seen and read) in the privacy settings.

Plus! There's an option to turn on popups for notifications and you can directly send an instant reply without having to launch the main app. Here's a preview:

If there are any new features, it means I haven't noticed it but you can actually install the update to stay in the trend and enjoy a easier chat.
How Do I Download/Update it?
Just like I said the update applies to Android users only, it is not yet available on Playstore but you can get on on whats appp website, get links and screenshots at: http://www.jideprof.com/2015/04/whatsapp-for-android-gets-updated-with.html
Pls can you screen shot where the options are I.e where I can change my dp ,privacy and the pop up notifications. Thanks . I can't find mine
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
op. U need help....Nothing new apart from the call feature..
the pop up notification 've been a feature of whatsapp for Android for years now..
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
ademega:

Pls can you screen shot where the options are I.e where I can change my dp ,privacy and the pop up notifications. Thanks . I can't find mine

Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by ademega(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=jideprof post=32897540][/quote]
Thanks, I need the screen shot of the environment before this one
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
ademega:

Thanks, I need the screen shot of the environment before this one

Tap on the three vertical dots at the extreme right on ur screen

Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by ademega(m): 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
jideprof:

Tap on the three vertical dots at the extreme right on ur screen
That is the problem its not bringing the dots ...

Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
ademega:

That is the problem its not bringing the dots ...

Simply press the menu button on your device, mine is a tablet and has no menu button that's why its located there. The menu button should bring it out
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by ademega(m): 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
jideprof:

Simply press the menu button on your device, mine is a tablet and has no menu button that's why its located there. The menu button should bring it out
My brother , God bless you . you will see mercy of the lord .am not ungrateful . I got it!

Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
ademega:

My brother , God bless you . you will see mercy of the lord .am not ungrateful . I got it!
Amen. You're welcome bro
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by stonemind(f): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Lolsss but this pop up notification has been there naaaw
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Op have being in mercury all this while.

Welcome back bro
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by jideprof: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2015
jboy73:
Op have being in mercury all this while.

Welcome back bro

JulianoB:
@ op, d pop up notification hs bin there since even bfr d call feature.

patmaine:
op. U need help....Nothing new apart from the call feature..
the pop up notification 've been a feature of whatsapp for Android for years now..

Like that's the only feature stated in the update? angry
Re: Whatsapp For Android Gets Update: See What Came With It! by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2015
jideprof:

Like that's the only feature stated in the update? angry

Haha sorry ye.

No cry.
Traffic go still enter your blog.

People go still click your ads
Amen

(1) (Reply)

Glo Wants My #20 By Force! Help!! / Top 10 Best Android Apps You Must Have In 2020 (updated) / Blackberry Messenger For Android Login Screen Preview (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.