Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Love Can Be Unconditional - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Can Be Unconditional (1547 Views)

Can This Happen In Nigeria?pix) UNCONDITIONAL LOVE / LOVE: Can U Date A Co-tenant / The Selfish Human And The 'unconditional Love' Jargon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 19, 2015
I Don't need to write long stories to convince you because logic is simple.

Even though love might be the most controversial experience on earth, some part of it are germane and you know it.

unconditional love is that aspect of love Where your love for a person or thing is not based on any conditions... whether rich or poor your love still remain same.

I want to make this clear. the choice to love a person or thing might be based on conditions, But once you have chosen to love that person, your love can be unconditional.

a mother decides to love her child because it's her child. and when she does love the child, she can choose to make it conditional or not. we've seen cases Where mothers abandon their children.

Love can be unconditional But the choice of love maybe conditional.

Shachris
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2015
cc

ishilove farano lalasticlala.

the lie on fp should be debunked.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 19, 2015
my bad. maybe romance section Don't do logic.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2015
the key factor here is Choice. love doesn't come naturally. we CHOOSE to love.

1 Like

Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by agarawu23(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:
cc

ishillove faranno lalasticlal

the lie on fp should be debunked.
funny ppl
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2015
agarawu23:
funny ppl

that guy just put up a very flawed logic on fp and he is deceiving many people and destroying the beauty of love...especially unselfish love.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:
my bad. maybe romance section Don't do logic.

Logic not so logical. I know its a counter thread to the selfishness and unconditional love thread. U should have taken ur time before u rushed to create this thread. list ur points down carefully to convince people. The writer of the opposite thread did a good job. To counter him, you should do better.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2015
oahray you are invited here let's discuss logic.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

Logic not so logical. I know its a counter thread to the selfishness and unconditional love thread. U should have taken ur time before u rushed to create this thread. list ur points down carefully to convince people. The writer of the opposite thread did a good job. To counter him, you should do better.

logic is not non fiction. no long story required. what oakray just did was write non fiction.

We choose to love and do not love by default. So that our choice to love can be influenced by many things. But it doesn't defile the essence or the depth of the love we would give.

just as you choose to read this thread. whether you read and understand it, or the extent to which you read and understand it is another topic.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 19, 2015
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is
so tragically bound to the starless
midnight of racism and war that the bright
daybreak of peace and brotherhood can
never become a reality... I believe that
unarmed truth and unconditional love will
have the final word.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

logic is not non fiction. no long story required. what oakray just did was write non fiction.

We choose to love and do not love by default. So that our choice to love can be influenced by many things. But it doesn't defile the essence or the depth of the love we would give.

just as you choose to read this thread. whether you read and understand it, or the extent to which you read and understand it is another topic.

The bolded in ur statement above just agreed with everything the other op was saying. Don't also forget he acknowledged the fact that people exhibit selfless love, go the extra mile to show love to their object of love. But the main point he made was that don't expect someone to love you, if u don't make conditions for love possible. A wonderful husband who later becomes a wife batterer and a cheat, should not expect the wife to continue to love him as she had done before. Conditions have changed.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

The bolded in ur statement above just agreed with everything the other op was saying. Don't also forget he acknowledged the fact that people exhibit selfless love, go the extra mile to show love to their object of love. But the main point he made was that don't expect someone to love you, if u don't make conditions for love possible. A wonderful husband who later becomes a wife batterer and a cheat, should not expect the wife to continue to love him as she had done before. Conditions have changed.

you err sir. love is pure and cannot be corrupted. we choose to give love or we Don't. we choose to give unconditional love or we Don't. it doesn't change the fact that love in it's pure incorruptible form can be unconditional.

and Yes the Wife CHOOSE not to love again. she withdrawing her love doesn't change the NATURE of love.

welcome to logic.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

you err sir. love is pure and cannot be corrupted. we choose to give love or we Don't. we choose to give unconditional love or we Don't. it doesn't change the fact that love in it's pure incorruptible form can be unconditional.

and Yes the Wife CHOOSE not to love again. she withdrawing her love doesn't change the NATURE of love.

welcome to logic.

Who is arguing about the nature and incorruptibility of love!?? Aah you logic sha! U think logic is just typing grammar. Yes, love is choice and not just emotions! As with every other choice one makes in life, it is bound by reason and conditions.

If you did philosophy and logic in school or anywhere, u will know that logical reasoning have procedures to arrive at a conclusion.

Statement of fact (premise)
Another statement of fact (premise)
Then ur conclusion which proves, in which case both statement of fact are true.

That is logic. Don't just shove abstract statements into our throats and force us to accept it in the name of logic!

1 Like

Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

Who is arguing about the nature and incorruptibility of love!?? Aah you logic sha! U think logic is just typing grammar. Yes, love is choice and not just emotions! As with every other choice one makes in life, it is bound by reason and conditions.

If you did philosophy and logic in school or anywhere, u will know that logical reasoning have procedures to arrive at a conclusion.

Statement of fact (premise)
Another statement of fact (premise)
Then ur conclusion which proves, in which case both statement of fact are true.

That is logic. Don't just shove abstract statements into our throats and force us to accept it in the name of logic!

we are all dealing with abstracts here. even the oahrays post is an abstract.

If you agree that love is choice, like you said, that means we are making progress.

you also agree that love is pure and incorruptible. good.

Now do you also agree that somewhere in the loveverse, their exist selfless love? can humans choose to give the selfless type of incorruptible love?
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 19, 2015
The greatest gift that you can give to
others is the gift of unconditional love and
acceptance.

Brian Tracy
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

we are all dealing with abstracts here. even the oahrays post is an abstract.

If you agree that love is choice, like you said, that means we are making progress.

you also agree that love is pure and incorruptible. good.

Now do you also agree that somewhere in the loveverse, their exist selfless love? can humans choose to give the selfless type of incorruptible love?

Did he say that there is nothing like selfless love?

Maybe u confuse unconditional love with selfless love.

Lemme explain. God's love is selfless, cos he gains nothing from loving us. But there is a condition for benefiting from his love. One must exercise faith in Jesus.(John 3:16).

Similarly a man may selflessly love a woman, he doesn't expect any person gain from her. But there is a reason for loving that woman, that reason is the condition on which his love is based. If he loves her cos she's just a woman, then there is a tendency he will love everything that is a woman (and that is why u see so many men cheat on their spouse)

So there is a stark difference between selfless love and unconditional love. When many people say they want unconditional love, what they really yearn for is unselfish love

1 Like

Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

Did he say that there is nothing like selfless love?

Maybe u confuse unconditional love with selfless love.

Lemme explain. God's love is selfless, cos he gains nothing from loving us. But there is a condition for benefiting from his love. One must exercise faith in Jesus.(John 3:16).

Similarly a man may selflessly love a woman, he doesn't expect any person gain from her. But there is a reason for loving that woman, that reason is the condition on which his love is based. If he loves her cos she's just a woman, then there is a tendency he will love everything that is a woman (and that is why u see so many men cheat on their spouse)

So there is a stark difference between selfless love and unconditional love. When many people say they want unconditional love, what they really yearn for is unselfish love

dude you are just going round in circles. selfless and unconditional love exist side by side. you cannot love unconditional If you cannot love selflessly.

you still Don't grasp the concept of choice. the conditions that God places to give us his unconditional love are only there to serve His choices. it doesn't change the fact that he is giving unconditional love. he can just decide to withdraw the unconditional love If we fail So n So. But was their unconditional love? Yes.

the husband also CHOOSE and many things can affect his decision and not his love. he can decide to love several women unconditional But he can never add or subtract from the true nature of unconditional love each receives.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2015
A dog will teach you unconditional love. If
you can have that in your life, things won't
be too bad.

Robert Wagner
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by demmy0325(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 19, 2015
“The only way love can last a lifetime is if it's unconditional. The truth is this: love is not determined by the one being loved but rather by the one choosing to love.”
― Stephen Kendrick, The Love Dare
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by manuelpepper: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2015
anyhow no time for love.

yes! today is sunday and i must fuk as usual.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Oahray: 12:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:
the key factor here is Choice. love doesn't come naturally. we CHOOSE to love.
lolz... if we choose to love, then our choice is based on conditions, and that makes our love conditional.

I was expecting points that would prove that there's love without any conditions at all. Provide such irrefutable points and I'd agree with you.

I don't do emotional debates.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by sinizia: 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

I want to make this clear. the choice to love a person or thing might be based on conditions, But once you have chosen to love that person, your love can be unconditional.

You've already contradicted yourself by yourself with that line I just quoted.

Give it up, there's no unconditional love. It's idealistic not realistic.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

dude you are just going round in circles. selfless and unconditional love exist side by side. you cannot love unconditional If you cannot love selflessly.

you still Don't grasp the concept of choice. the conditions that God places to give us his unconditional love are only there to serve His choices. it doesn't change the fact that he is giving unconditional love. he can just decide to withdraw the unconditional love If we fail So n So. But was their unconditional love? Yes.

the husband also CHOOSE and many things can affect his decision and not his love. he can decide to love several women unconditional But he can never add or subtract from the true nature of unconditional love each receives.

I give up! I have met people like you whose sole aim of engaging in an arguement is to win and have the last word, instead of painly presenting points for the understanding of all. I usually leave these words with them: the mind is like an umbrella, it works well when open.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oahray:
lolz... if we choose to love, then our choice is based on conditions, and that makes our love conditional.

I was expecting points that would prove that there's love without any conditions at all. Provide such irrefutable points and I'd agree with you.

I don't do emotional debates.

true, our choice will be based on conditions, i never denied that. but the quality of the love we are going to give is what is in contention and not the choices.

think of it this way. let's take love like biscuits you go to buy in the marked. we have normal biscuits, conditional biscuits, unconditional biscuits.

Now me going to the market to buy biscuits, i would choose the type of biscuits i would love to eat based on my intention and test. No matter my reason for choosing unconditional biscuits, it doesn't mean that without me choosing, the biscuit doesn't exist originally in it's perfect condition. My choice doesn't affect the nature of the biscuits, but my choice determines the type of biscuits i get.

unconditional love does not need reasons to exist.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

I give up! I have met people like you whose sole aim of engaging in an arguement is to win and have the last word, instead of painly presenting points for the understanding of all. I usually leave these words with them: the mind is like an umbrella, it works well when open.

just admit that the logic is too big for your head and move on.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
sinizia:

You've already contradicted yourself by yourself with that line I just quoted.

Give it up, there's no unconditional love. It's idealistic not realistic.

CHOICE is the main thing here dear, not the love itself. the love doesn't need conditions to exist, but the choices does. Choice and love and different things.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

just admit that the logic is too big for your head and move on.

I am happy knowing that I am not the only one who's seeing that u re confused. Big time!

Go back and do your home work! You could start with the definition of condition then move to how to present matters logically.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Oahray: 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

true, our choice will be based on conditions, i never denied that. but the quality of the love we are going to give is what is in contention and not the choices.

think of it this way. let's take love like biscuits you go to buy in the marked. we have normal biscuits, conditional biscuits, unconditional biscuits.

Now me going to the market to buy biscuits, i would choose the type of biscuits i would love to eat based on my intention and test. No matter my reason for choosing unconditional biscuits, it doesn't mean that without me choosing, the biscuit doesn't exist originally in it's perfect condition. My choice doesn't affect the nature of the biscuits, but my choice determines the type of biscuits i get.

unconditional love does not need reasons to exist.

lmao! What an analogy grin

I also used to think that love was something preset, something that either exists fully or doesn't exist at all... Black or else white. But that was several years ago.

If you think your illustration makes any sense, so be it. We can agree to disagree. Let the readers judge. It was nice discussing with you.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oahray:
lmao! What an analogy grin

I also used to think that love was something preset, something that either exists fully or doesn't exist at all... Black or else white. But that was several years ago.

If you think your illustration makes any sense, so be it. We can agree to disagree. Let the readers judge. It was nice discussing with you.

of course love is preset. you either love or you don't.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
vfactor:

I am happy knowing that I am not the only one who's seeing that u re confused. Big time!

Go back and do your home work! You could start with the definition of condition then move to how to present matters logically.

most people are too lazy to think. Geniuses are considered mad by others.
Re: Love Can Be Unconditional by Oahray: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
shachris03:

of course love is preset. you either love or you don't.
lol. Read what you are answering again. Love either FULLY exists or doesn't exist at all? Either you love someone completely or do not love at all? You'd understand better someday.

I'm still laughing at the unconditional biscuit analogy. Thanks for making my evening, bro. See ya smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What The Bible Says About Forming Girls / Our Nigerian Men Are So Smart :) / Pls Help A Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.