Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

"igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" (26776 Views)

The Igala People In Anambra State / Somali-Sudanese Wedding / Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by naliakar: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2009
Why cant Igbo history be written to make them not just Jews but Germans as well. They could be Normands too you know.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ezeagu(m): 11:58pm On Nov 28, 2009
No2Atheism:

This topic is inherently flawed . . .

- How do you know the "Jews" were black.
- What if there is biblical and historical evidence that the jews were not "white"

Its well known that Hebrews and semites were black, Hitler knew this also. If you want evidence, here's one that Ia lready posted thats a couple of a thousand years old:

The semites are the first left ones in the top photo and the ones with two locks on the next photo:

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by No2Atheism(m): 12:24am On Nov 29, 2009
@ezeagu . . .

- Thanks for the response

- Thats a very good evidence showing that Ancient Isrealites had a black skin.

- I also know that the Bible already gives hints and statements that imply that one could say that: Ancient Isrealites had a black skin (apologies to you,  cus i can't even remember why i asked the question sef.)

- There is someone on nairaland that is fighting tooth and nail that Ancient Isrealites were not negroid but were "White Tanned people" instead. . .imagine . . .brainwash is a bad thing  grin grin grin (yes i know its ridiculous . . . but even an Atheist on nairaland is fighting to support "White Jews"wink. He claims to be an atheist yet insists that "Jesus was White". How contradictory and confusing can someone be to claim to be an atheist and yet fight tooth and nail to keep "Jesus Whitecheesy cheesy cheesy

- The thing is that the Bible clearly shows that some of them have Wooly Hair and Brass feet . . . . hence with the black skin shown in the picture above and some other bible verses its safe to conclude that some Ancient Isrealites were certainly Negroid.

- The only thing i do not know is how are they connected to Igbos or better still, how are Igbos connected to Ancient Isrealites.

- I personally know that Black people have different skin tones . . . some are as light skinned you would almost think they are white . . . while some are very black skin you would almost think they are black as night. Hence it is not difficult for me to understand how Ancient Isrealites can be Negroids with lighter black skin compared to the Egyptians.

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by hackney(m): 12:29am On Nov 29, 2009
Igbos are not east african biko nu.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:38am On Nov 29, 2009
what the hell is all this crap?
ill agree that igbos have most likely been mixed up with every tribe, just like almost every other tribe in AFRICA!! all humans started somewhere, we all came from the same people, so whats the surprise? if scientist claim the first man to walk the earth was probably in Ethiopia, then we are all Ethiopians. just that people spread out over time.
JEWISH MY ASS!!!
well i believe igbos did come from Egypt especially cause there was another thread showing so many similarities in the igbo language as well as that of the Egyptian language and how each of those words had just about similar meanings. kinda scary.

anyway, every tribe in africa were once nomads, okay? just that most have settled.
how do you think africa became what it is today? arent we all from what is now Ethiopia anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geR5Kxo0MJA
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ghettochyk(f): 6:37am On Nov 29, 2009
ChinenyeN, why are u arguing with Sugabelly about the Igbo word for metal/jewelry? Like who really cares? Just ignore her , cus obviously she either enjoying keyboard arguments or she aint smart enough to realize that there's many different Igbo dialects. I've understood the Igbo language for over 15 years and always have understood "ola" to mean "jewelry". Ola nti=ear jewerly=earring, ola aka=arm jewerly=bracelet. So, Sugabelly, why are u arguing like you know every damn thing in the Igbo language? I've never even heard of "akolo" for jewelry. Maybe it's YOUR dialect, cus there's many Igbo dialects and ola could mean "jewelry" in another part of Igboland. You seem to be the type to like arguing. Just calm down, alright hun, cus it will never that THAT serious. wink
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:46am On Nov 29, 2009
but to narrow this all down we all came from the same people.
it just matters where and when you settled and what language your people developed.
other than that we are all from the same pusssy that settled in what is now present day Ethiopia(the first man, according to scientist, to walk the earth)
so what gives? what is the obsession with igbos and jews anyway?
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ChinenyeN(m): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2009
I was only trying to help her understand.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by cheikh: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2010
The word 'Bantu' means 'People' in the languages of the central-southern African region. It has been adopted and abused by European pseudo-historians who know little or nothing about Africa. Unfortunately such pseudo-history of Africa/ definition of her (African) people by bad historians have stuck/ gained currency, because much of the so called African 'history' most Africans are exposed to were written by 'others'/Europeans. An 'enemy' cannot and is inherently incapable of writing/ telling your own story. You'll have to think laterally or out of the box/ creatively. Do your own research if it means going back to your village or people etc. The rubbish about Ibos and Jews connection etc is childish and foolish. People all over the world may have some shared values, similarities etc but does that make everyone the same historically or socially etc? I sincerely think that the Ibos did not emigrate from anywhere else but are indigenous and mixed-up with their neighbours in present day Nigeria. There's nothing exceptional or unique about that. It may also seem/appear that there are some physical similarities to their immediate neighbours and not too distant neighbours in central Africa but does that anthropologically/historically give us the liberty to presume that the Ibos must have come from somewhere else? The 'Yoruba' of Nigeria claim to come from the Nile valley area, which can be deduced to be around the present day(Egypt and Sudan)Nubia- bear in mind that 'Sudan' means Black in Arabic after the original/indigenous people of the place now known as Sudan by the Arab invaders. Is it any wonder there is on going long protracted wars in the 'Sudan' or 'land of the Blacks'. Perhaps, maybe that's the origin of the 'emigration' of the 'Yoruba' to the place now known as Nigeria. Pls bear in mind that the word 'Yoruba' did not exist or have not been 'defined' as we know it nowadays. The Arab incursion and conquest of some parts of Africa is on going and pushing Africans southwards like in the Sudan where there'll be a new nation perhaps in the near future. The 'Yoruba' were wise to leave that area in good time for peaceful and fertile Nigeria if history is to be believed cheesy grin. You don't have to be 'mad' but proactive to tell your own story yourself wink
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by safarigirl(f): 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2010
ACTUALLY, THE IBOS ARE A MIXTURE OF ISRAELI, EGYPTIAN AND IGALA BLOOD, AN ISRAELI MAN, I THINK HE WAS THE GRANDSON OF JACOB OR SO LEFT HIS COUNTRY, HIS NAME WAS ERI, HE FIRST GOT TO EGYPT WHERE HE MARRIED AN EGYPTIAN WOMAN, HE WAS SAID TO HAVE LEFT ISRAEL WITH AN ONYX STONE WHICH HAD BEEN PASSED DOWN FROM HIS DESCENDANTS, HE HAD A DAUGHTER WHO HE NAMED ADA, SHE WASN'T ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED COS HE DIDN'T WANT HER MARRIED, HE HAD OTHER CHILDREN WITH THIS EGYPTIAN WOMAN AND ONE OF THEM LATER LEFT EGYPT WITH THE ONYX STONE, THAT WAS HOW THEY GOT TO IGALA, WHERE HE MARRIED AN IGALA WOMAN, THE ISRAELIS ARE HEBREW, BUT THE IGALA PEOPLE PRONOUNCED IT AS "HIBU", AND IT WAS LATER CHANGED TO "IBO". THE ONYX STONE WAS BURIED SOMEWHERE IN THE EAST, TO BE PRECISE, WHAT IS NOW ONITSHA, IT GOT THIS NAME BECAUSE THE ONYX STONE WAS FOUND THERE BY SOME ARCHAEOLOGISTS SOMETIME IN THE 16TH CENTURY. THE IBOS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR IN COMPLEXION, LIKE WHITES, WITH LONG HAIR, STRAIGHT NOSE AN BASIC WHITE FEATURES, BUT THE IGALA WOMAN'S GENES CORRUPTED THE WHITE GENES, HENCE THE FLAT NOSE AND DARK SKIN.

YOUR TEACHER WAS PARTLY RIGHT, HIS ONLY MISTAKE WAS THE SUDANESE INSTEAD OF EGYPTIAN.

AND I GOT THIS STORY FROM A BOOK WRITTEN BY A NIGERIAN, PASTOR UJAH. IF YOU NEED PROOF, A BOARD WHICH HAD HEBREW WORDS WRITTEN ON IT WAS FOUND SOMEWHERE IN ABIA STATE IN THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY, CAN'T REMEMBER THE VILLAGE THOUGH, BUT THE BOARD IS IN THEIR IGWE'S PALACE.
DON'T BE QUICK TO CALL YOUR TEACHER OUT, RESEARCH FIRST. smiley
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by cheikh: 12:38am On Dec 29, 2010
@Ezeagu- There's nothing special about the Jews who were serfs , labourers, refugees and guests of the ancient Egyptians before the final conquest of Egypt by the marauding Arabs and Turks. I doubt it very much that Ibos have any connection with the so called Jews. Ethiopia/Abyssinia has more concrete historical links to whoever the so called Jews of the distant ancient world -(the Falasha/Jews ) of Ethiopian origin in contemporary modern state of Israel. Bear in mind that Ethiopia is the oldest nation on earth too. It would be better for good historical understanding of the Ibos, to expunge the Bible or Jews from whenever serious historical research/ discourse about Ibos is on the table. Ibos after all are not the first converts to christianity in Nigeria let alone -whole of Africa. The Biafrans used the Jewish analogy/struggle for war time propaganda/sympathy which did not amount to much anyway. It's a shame that some people now believe the hype/propaganda. wink cool
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by ADM1(m): 12:42am On Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like a bunch of "Hebrew Israelite" nonsense. You're of African descent. Stop the self-hatred.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by lagbaja20: 11:58am On Dec 29, 2010
Tpiah say something now
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by dempeople(m): 4:40am On Dec 31, 2010
@ op

And what about them (Sudanese and Igala that mixed up with white jews) being the descendants of Igbos? I'm not a darn descendant of anyone or group. I'm a black man, the first "kind" of human being on earth. Gerrrrrrit?? angry angry angry angry
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by cheikh: 9:47pm On Dec 31, 2010
THE-AMAKA:

but to narrow this all down we all came from the same people.
it just matters where and when you settled and what language your people developed.

other arethan that we all from the same pusssy that settled in what is now present day Ethiopia(the first man, according to scientist, to walk the earth)
so what gives? what is the obsession with igbos and jews anyway?

cheesy grin Your Language is truly colourful cheesy
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by cheikh: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2010
@tpia- Alek Wek's tribe tend to be tall, dark and willowy. I see some of them occasionally and they're not as ugly as people like to paint them. The ones in the refugee camps arent the best ambassadors for their tribe, thats all. White people like them a lot, for some reason- probably for their laidback attitude.Their physiques are very unique and quite different from most other Africans. Especially west Africans. Other Sudanese tend to look like Nigerians both facially and structurally.

Its generally accepted that there was a wave of Sudanese immigrants into Nigeria at some point in time.

cheesy Alek Wek is Dinka/southSudan; They are on average amongst if not the tallest people in the world. They are very beautiful/ attractive whatever that means. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think that Nigerians have been afflicted by the euro-centric sensibility of 'beauty' perhaps because of the impact of slavery/colonialism. Is being ebony black no longer beautiful? What are the so called features of the black people of Sudan that some Nigerians find unattractive? The current Nigerian sensibility/desire for everything 'white/light/fair skin is truly sad and embarrassing. The people of Bornu state(BeriBeri)/Chad, Plateau and Adamawa states of Nigeria appear to have a lot in common with the various ethnic nationalities of the Sudan. Numerically, there are about three-five million people of Nigerian descent in the Sudan. The 'Yoruba' of Nigeria claim/trace their origin to the Lower Nile area which can be deduced to be Egypt(Nubia)/ Sudan area of Africa. Nigerians should have a more open mind and have some social contact with other Africans properly, besides 'monetary' relationships. There are so much beautiful people in the Sudan but for the on going wars. I personally know some of Alek's family members. They are all very tall, beautiful and graceful indeed.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Obiagu1(m): 1:17am On Jan 01, 2011
safarigirl:

ACTUALLY, THE IBOS ARE A MIXTURE OF ISRAELI, EGYPTIAN AND IGALA BLOOD, AN ISRAELI MAN, I THINK HE WAS THE GRANDSON OF JACOB OR SO LEFT HIS COUNTRY, HIS NAME WAS ERI, HE FIRST GOT TO EGYPT WHERE HE MARRIED AN EGYPTIAN WOMAN, HE WAS SAID TO HAVE LEFT ISRAEL WITH AN ONYX STONE WHICH HAD BEEN PASSED DOWN FROM HIS DESCENDANTS, HE HAD A DAUGHTER WHO HE NAMED ADA, SHE WASN'T ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED COS HE DIDN'T WANT HER MARRIED, HE HAD OTHER CHILDREN WITH THIS EGYPTIAN WOMAN AND ONE OF THEM LATER LEFT EGYPT WITH THE ONYX STONE, THAT WAS HOW THEY GOT TO IGALA, WHERE HE MARRIED AN IGALA WOMAN, THE ISRAELIS ARE HEBREW, BUT THE IGALA PEOPLE PRONOUNCED IT AS "HIBU", AND IT WAS LATER CHANGED TO "IBO". THE ONYX STONE WAS BURIED SOMEWHERE IN THE EAST, TO BE PRECISE, WHAT IS NOW ONITSHA, IT GOT THIS NAME BECAUSE THE ONYX STONE WAS FOUND THERE BY SOME ARCHAEOLOGISTS SOMETIME IN THE 16TH CENTURY. THE IBOS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR IN COMPLEXION, LIKE WHITES, WITH LONG HAIR, STRAIGHT NOSE AN BASIC WHITE FEATURES, BUT THE IGALA WOMAN'S GENES CORRUPTED THE WHITE GENES, HENCE THE FLAT NOSE AND DARK SKIN.

YOUR TEACHER WAS PARTLY RIGHT, HIS ONLY MISTAKE WAS THE SUDANESE INSTEAD OF EGYPTIAN.

AND I GOT THIS STORY FROM A BOOK WRITTEN BY A NIGERIAN, PASTOR UJAH. IF YOU NEED PROOF, A BOARD WHICH HAD HEBREW WORDS WRITTEN ON IT WAS FOUND SOMEWHERE IN ABIA STATE IN THE EARLY 20TH CENTURY, CAN'T REMEMBER THE VILLAGE THOUGH, BUT THE BOARD IS IN THEIR IGWE'S PALACE.

Very interesting. I wish I could know more about the onyx stone and the board with hebrew script on it. That would put the argument to rest.

I'll also point out that it will be more appropriate to replace Israel or Jew with Hebrew.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Abagworo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2011
There is an ethnic group in Uganda and Kenya whose culture is almost 100% same as Igbo culture.They are known as the Iteso.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Patsey: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
toshmann: u coulda done better by getting a more appropriate and less deceptive title for ur thread.

igbos are egalitarian. they came from many places. . . mainly from east africa. they came to a geographical location . . in present day eastern nigeria. . . and formed a culture and a language. we came from different places. that is why, amongst the igbos u find various sub-races . . . .the bantu (most common) and the sudan-like groups. . . tall dark, also we have light skinned (like fulanis) etc . . . . .

also in our history we have independent villages each with their leader(not a king) and the eze-in-council (the ndi-ichies and the ozos (kind of like parliament) etc this looks like the present day US where people came from different places to form a culture and have a way of life with no king but a king-like president and legislature

note: [size=18pt]nobody truely knows the details of igbo ancestry[/size]

[size=18pt]NO WONDER THEY BEHAVE LIKE BASTARDS![/size]

1 Like

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2013
[size=32pt]NONSENSE BULLSH!T! IGBOS WERE 100% PAGAN TRADITIONALIST AMADIOHA WORSHIPPERS UNTIL 100 YEARS BACK! NO JEWISH BLOOD IN THEM![/size]
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by morpheus24: 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
^^^

You meant to say isrealite blood not Jewish
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by princedanalyst: 11:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
Am so in love,..learning a lot from this forum,..since you all interested,why don't u hit d streets and find out 4 yourselves,...there's must be a story out there,some1 willing to tell
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by NaijaFynePass: 1:03am On Aug 22, 2013
throttler: igalas?the people that eat rats lipsrsealed( let the biting begin) grin

but seriously, what if igbo is older than igala, then igala may have been frozen in embryo and is still the elder bros, NOT! angry

igbo is igbo, kpomkwem.

what nonsense does it mean that we mixed with sudan, do we have sugar cane legs, and look like miniature giraffes? cheesy

why is it hard for folks to agree that igbo is an original people, maybe they are trying to get credit for the fabulousity that is igbo. smiley
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Maakhir(m): 4:49am On Dec 29, 2014
No they are not the descendantsof any jews.

You wishing so wont make it so
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by tpiah2: 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2015
that's interesting @ topic.
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by tpiadotcom: 4:27am On Nov 25, 2015
waleab:
taureg no be volkswagen?

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by theDEVILisHERE: 4:41am On Nov 25, 2015
Ifygurl:
This is a freaking statement a supposed "African history teacher" said to the students. I take an African history class in my school. There are more white people in my school than black. So in my class there are alot of white kids, few AA's and alot of African student. We're talking about the origin of African tribes like a week ago and my "supposed educated" teacher claimed the Igbo tribe of Nigeria were from some Sudanese tribe and Igala of Nigeria. According to him, we left these people and created our tribe and then somehow, someway he mixed up with Isreal people. How the Bleep did we mix up with Isrealian? How many of us, have actually stepped foot in that country. When i asked him where is his prove seeing that his incorrect. He gave me book written by Europeans and a freaking article written by some Isreal man. Not one of his prove is from a Nigerian, an Igbo or even an African. Seriously why do white folks give out the wrong information and try to act like their statement is the truth. Today's, he was teaching was about African features (i thought it was stupid seeing that many people in Africa have different, not one single tribe in Africa have one feature). He used old pictures of slaves that claimed they from some specific tribe. When he came to Ethiopia, he used a picture of some Ethiopian tribe to explain how they supposedly mixed up with Indians. My friend from Ethiopia told him that they mixed up with Arabs, not Indians and one girl infront us from that Ethiopia got up and screamed at my friend and the teacher. She said "we didn't mix up with indians, neither did we mix up with Arabs you slowpoke. We East Africans, we have east africans features or better yet Horn of Africans features" and then she just walked off. I was weak as hell. To me East Africans do not look mixed except (Ethiopians, Eritrea, Djibouti and Somalian). The rest look like black people. Hell even the Horn of African's i've met, look ordinary to me, nothing about them stands out. Anyway, when he came to Nigeria, he used picture of some freaking slave lady (Who looks nothing like igbo people) and Olaudah Equiano (Who i still doubt is Igbo, his freaking name doesn't even look Igbo). Anyway, he used celebrities to prove that recent Igbo people do not look like our ancestors. What the hell, Are we suppose to look like our ancestors from 400 years ago? Are we suppose to have the same features. He used oluchi, Chinua achebe and phillip Eweagwali to claim how some igbos still resemble our ancestors but not completely. Then he used genevive Nnaji (a freaking movie star), Ndidi, Ikenna (a freaking model) and some extremely lightskin i don't know to claim how some don't resemble our ancestors anymore. He even used begin lightskin in his freaking stupid claim and he had the audacity to argue with me (ME an Igbo girl from Nigeria, raised and born in Nigeria). When i told him, mixing up with other tribes in Nigeria can be a factor for us "supposedly" not looking like our ancestors. He claimed that if i read the book he recommended to me, then i would have known mixing up with tribes can change features but not completely. So according to him and the freaking book he recommended "If i bring my father next to a 100% igbo man, my father is suppose to look alot like him, even though he has another tribe in him. If i bring Desmond Elliot, Omotola Jalade,Yomi or my close friend, they are suppose to look like 100% Igbos or 100% yoruba or 100% hausa, even though they have other tribes in their blood. So a black and white mix changes features but tribe and tribe mix doesn't? What the hell is that.
When i told him, his statement are false, this stupid white girl told me "It's not all that serious" and a freaking Ugandian boy (that i bet you have never steeped foot in Nigeria) claimed the teacher is right. Abi ooh, his not even Nigerian. I was the only Nigerian girl there and i wished there were more Nigerian students there so we can prove his incorrect.
I actually thought the Ghanaian in my class can stand with me but the girl said "didn't Igbos claim they are descendant of Jews, maybe I should listen".
It pissed me off. I thought the guy is cool as hell, i mean he still is. The guy watch African movies from every region in Africa and some days we watch African movies in his class, so i thought he was cool. I didn't know he was biased.
I'm actually starting to doubt the claim that Hausa and Fulani are from Sudan. Abi, seeing the statement they gave about us.
I actually went the the 2nd african history teacher in our school (We only have 4 African history teacher and all of them are white). Anyway i went to her and asked her where are Igbos from? Again she gave a biased answer, she claimed that Igbos are mixture of tribes (hence the reason our ancestry can't be traced). She also said some have Jewish ancestry.
I hate when people give the wrong information about people, i seriously hate that.

How can you be taking African history fro the same set of peole that killed and destroyed africans
Only an idiot does this

If you want African history
Come down to africa and research it yourself
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by theDEVILisHERE: 5:56am On Nov 25, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
[size=32pt]NONSENSE BULLSH!T! IGBOS WERE 100% PAGAN TRADITIONALIST AMADIOHA WORSHIPPERS UNTIL 100 YEARS BACK! NO JEWISH BLOOD IN THEM![/size]

Igbos were not and still are not originally pagan

Igbos originally belivied and still do believe in the creator who they called "chi"
(Chi= energy/ life energy/ life force/ creator force/ creator)
That's why you see them answering it in their names: CHInkwe, amaraCHI, keleCHI, CHIbuzor, ucheCHI, osinaCHI etc

They belived in an almighty creator which they refered to as
"Chukwu" (chi= creator, ukwu= big/huge/mighty/almighty)
Ie: almighty creator
Or
"Chukwu Okike Abiama"
(Chukwu= almighty creator, okike= powerful, abiama or biamara= come closer and know)
Ie: come closer and know the powerful almighty creator

Paganism and idol worship are not original to igbo culture and tradition
Their close proximity to paganist and idol worshippers at a time influenced them in this regard
Igbos originally do not belive in worshiping or bowing down to man or anything made by man

Original igbo methodology do not believe in any man lording over their fellow men
They don't believe in a king/ ruler
To them only the creator is the king
That is why you have the original igbo philosophy "chi bu eze" (chibueze) which means " the creator is king"

Any concept of kingship/rulership by man
Or deityfication and idol worship of any entity
Are not original but foriegn influenced

The original concepts of things like amdioha, kamanu, ekwansu etc
Have been distorted due to foriegn influence from paganism, idol worship and christianity

As for the so called jewish angle
Can't say much on that
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

Igbos were not and still are not originally pagan

Igbos originally belivied and still do believe in the creator who they called "chi"
(Chi= energy/ life energy/ life force/ creator force/ creator)
That's why you see them answering it in their names: CHInkwe, amaraCHI, keleCHI, CHIbuzor, ucheCHI, osinaCHI etc

They belived in an almighty creator which they refered to as
"Chukwu" (chi= creator, ukwu= big/huge/mighty/almighty)
Ie: almighty creator
Or
"Chukwu Okike Abiama"
(Chukwu= almighty creator, okike= powerful, abiama or biamara= come closer and know)
Ie: come closer and know the powerful almighty creator

Paganism and idol worship are not original to igbo culture and tradition
Their close proximity to paganist and idol worshippers at a time influenced them in this regard
Igbos originally do not belive in worshiping or bowing down to man or anything made by man

Original igbo methodology do not believe in any man lording over their fellow men
They don't believe in a king/ ruler
To them only the creator is the king
That is why you have the original igbo philosophy "chi bu eze" (chibueze) which means " the creator is king"

Any concept of kingship/rulership by man
Or deityfication and idol worship of any entity
Are not original but foriegn influenced

The original concepts of things like amdioha, kamanu, ekwansu etc
Have been distorted due to foriegn influence from paganism, idol worship and christianity

As for the so called jewish angle
Can't say much on that

Shut up! As if u wer alive bak then

2 Likes

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by theDEVILisHERE: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Shut up! As if u wer alive bak then

"Shut up!"
Why should I do such

No one comes to a forum to shut up

As for what I said
You don't need to be "alive bak then" to know about what I said
Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by Revolva(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
safarigirl:

Pls this ur story is pure false

We black tribe have been existing before any white Jew tribe ok so if you say one man from Israel came to igala (African tribe ) am igala let me tell you .

To form.igbo na big false

We have been existing before the present day isrela nation

Igbos came from different places to form where they but not jew

1 Like

Re: "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" by 0jgti7gko08yhfe: 9:47am On May 24, 2021
Ibime:
Igbos are Bantu's mixed with Oru people of Sudan/Egypt, mixed with Igala.

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ìkíní - Greetings In Yoruba / Which Nigerian Tribe Owns Ogbono Soup, Okro Soup, Egusi Soup , Vegetable , White / Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.