Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week (17112 Views)

Dogara Bribed Appropriation Committee Members With $20,000 Each – jibrin / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee / Jonathan’s Transition Committee Begins Sitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Obinoscopy(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Baring any last minute change in plan, the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) will inaugurate his a 35-member transition committee on Tuesday.

The names of members of the transition committee which is expected to work with a similar committee to be appointed by the out- going administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, will be formally presented to the public at a party event to be presided over by in Abuja.

A party source who asked not to be quoted because he was not authorized to speak on the issue told THISDAY yesterday that the President- elect will fly into Abuja on Monday from his Kaduna home in order to inaugurate the committee.
The source also confirmed earlier report by THISDAY on the appointment of the Vice President-elect, Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, to lead the transition committee.

On the composition of the transition committee, THISDAY gathered that the list is dominated by technocrats with only a few names selected based on party affiliation.

"It is not about party patronage. We must not toy with this opportunity and as such every effort is being made to ensure that the right calibre of persons are chosen to handle the transition job. Buhari and the party place great importance on the quality and integrity of the recommendations that would come with the committee's work," he said.

APC leadership caucus had met Wednesday and Thursday last week during which it considered the list of transition committee members and made recommendations to the President elect.

According to the source, the party's National Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, was in Kaduna on Saturday to meet with Buhari and to intimate him with the recommendations from the NWC.

Buhari had while speaking to Journalists shortly after casting his vote during the governorship election in Daura promised he would forward a list of the transition committee members with terms of reference to the party leadership for scrutiny.

"Personally, I think I have an idea of whom I would like to be in the transition committee. I will appoint knowledgeable and experienced technocrats to study the hand-over notes and make recommendations. They are to be made up of a crop of patriotic Nigerians," he said.

When contacted on phone yesterday, the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, confirmed that the party had made recommendations on the transition committee and submitted same to Buhari. When asked whether the unveiling of the transition committee will hold on Tuesday, Mohammed said though they will be meeting on sundry issues on Monday, he could not specify what nature it would take.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-may-unveil-transition-committee-members-this-week/207169/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by politricks: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
I cant wait for May 29th
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Elslim: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Yipeee... just can't wait

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by ozoigbondu: 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Can't they hand over tommorrow we want the change to begin as soon as possible

17 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by vanen2: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
List dominated by technocrats and not selected based on party affiliation. I just like this Change

25 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Metrofox(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
What better CHANGE can we expect.. It's coming fast smiley
and for it to be headed by a professor of law.. Bravo

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by denziz: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
This will put an end to un-neccessary speculation and lobby currently going on and it will give us a glimpse of what to expect.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The change has even started. Haven't you noticed it? The change has started affecting the PDP camp. If you think I am lying,ask Fayose and Dieziani Allison Madueke. grin grin

The fear of Buhari is the beginning of CHANGE!

Hehehehehehe!! grin grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by omenka(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Buhari, your fan dey here oo. I dey follow bumper to bumper, toe to toe. If I hear say u looseguard ehn!!

Meanwhile, stay away from "presidential dinners" for now. We can ill afford stories that touch at the moment. Whenever you're hungry, let Aisha do the cooking. I'm very sure she's got awesome culinary skills. smiley

I love you so much sir. smiley

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by omenka(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Mehn, the way the days have been crawling by is so agonising. 24hrs just seem forever these days. angry

15 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by ozoigbondu: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The change has even started. Haven't you noticed it? The change has started affecting the PDP camp. If you think I am lying,ask Fayose and Dieziani Allison Madueke. grin grin

The fear of Buhari is the beginning of CHANGE!

Hehehehehehe!! grin grin

Should you fear your leader undecided it is a sign of dictactorship and undemocratic high handness to fear someone you claim to have elected.A democratic leader should be respected not fear

6 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Should you fear your leader undecided it is a sign of dictactorship and undemocratic high handness to fear someone you claim to have elected.A democratic leader should be respected not fear
I am not afraid of my newly elected president. Why should I?

It is people like Fayose and Allison Madueke and their likes that are afraid of him.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Bevista: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Buhari had while speaking to Journalists shortly after casting his vote during the governorship election in Daura promised he would forward a list of the transition committee members with terms of reference to the party leadership for scrutiny.
When contacted on phone yesterday, the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, confirmed that the party had made recommendations on the transition committee and submitted same to Buhari.
Is it the party that is recommending to the President or the other way round. #JustAsking

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Jaraworldsms(m): 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
what is permanent in life is change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by ozoigbondu: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I am not afraid of my newly elected president. Why should I?

It is people like Fayose and Allison Madueke and their likes that are afraid of him.

Why exactly should they be afraid of him one should fear no one but God

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by adaybayor(m): 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Why exactly should they be afraid of him one should fear no one but God
I hear you! Till then

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
Who else thinks GMB should start by organising a National Prayer/Fasting and Repentance day for Nigeria and Nigerians. I do.
How can we grow? Do you know how many internet scammers alone are on the loose in Nigeria? Talk of the xenophobic SAns and remember our Aluu4 and Apo6...We need to start afresh, we need cleansing, we need rededication. Team #PrayFastRepentMay29

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Medley(m): 12:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Even before the transition APC have already prepared our heart to believe the members from GEJ are tricky people of questionable characters.

Next,we would be told that the reports are fraudulent(from tricky people) ,that the whereabout of govt.Revenue can't be traced,cos the accounts are disjointed and not up to book.

We've been told to be patient,so the first 2 years may be for election fund recovery,and the basis is that the nation has been raped by PDP cos thats what APC have been saying. The change may be 2 years before 2019.

I trust APC to well document & propagate their achievement,even if it is a flower decoration and street light project in the media.
Unlike PDP slack slow-paced media.

2019 election campaign would be thrusted on the fact that PDP used 16 years to achieve 5,500,there is no way we can give 24hrs power supply by until next 4 years.

This is what we have been facing since 1999,hope APC will be different. This should not be seen as an hate campaign,if the country becomes better,we all will reap of it.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by onosprince(m): 12:59am On Apr 20, 2015
We are waiting to see them...Hope Tiffnubu is not among
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by kayode27: 12:59am On Apr 20, 2015
So undecided

Social media era.
I hope all your achievements will not be on twitter, facebook, YouTube, instagram, online poll, ...

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Caracta(f): 1:00am On Apr 20, 2015
Too much noise spoils the real action.

May 29 is many days away sad
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by chynie: 1:00am On Apr 20, 2015
Jona pls do handover to GMB, so we can see what change he really have for us
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:01am On Apr 20, 2015
OK.
Last Bullet
APC, my last hope in democracy.
Fail Nigerians & let everything turn to Yam Papper, Scatter, Scatter!
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Blitz888(m): 1:02am On Apr 20, 2015
Ok oh.
What the heck is this delay for?
All this slow motion and speculation is not healthy for the die hard change mongers.

Bottomline is give them something new every week to keep them engaged until your system boots again ™
Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by echelons(m): 1:03am On Apr 20, 2015
Just Handover committee and they are hyping it this much. Nobody go hear word when they start Ministerial list hype.
Hope this Change doesn't end in the Social media. We need tangible results.
#TransformationAgenda.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by mrofficial(m): 1:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Booked for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 20, 2015
omenka:
Buhari, your fan dey here oo. I dey follow bumper to bumper, toe to toe. If I hear say u looseguard ehn!!

Meanwhile, stay away from "presidential dinners" for now. We can ill afford stories that touch at the moment. Whenever you're hungry, let Aisha do the cooking. I'm very sure she's got awesome culinary skills. smiley

I love you so much sir. smiley
lol @ presidential dinner its nt a funny something oo......na tea dem take kill Abiola grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by braine(m): 1:09am On Apr 20, 2015
This news is giving me that kinda feeling like when I get new shoes. aswear I can't wait for the handover already!

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by tbaba1234: 1:11am On Apr 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Change has 4 years, there is a lot of time. patience

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Unveil Transition Committee Members This Week by babag93: 1:12am On Apr 20, 2015
We just want better governance.. We really don't care about all dis stupid committees dey kip setting up!! Anoda money sucking outlet..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 5 Staff Of NTLC Zaria, 2 Others; Attack Police Station / Accountant-General's Office Holds Workshop In London / Deadly Roads In Ejigbo Under Construction(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.