Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (87997 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Heskay001(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2018
brocab:
If you didn't understand my question-then you haven't a clue what to answer, it must be difficult to be paranoid, we are all hear for the same reasons, sharing our views about Christ? You still don't get it, Why am I asking you? I suppose it's a sign to be friendly..

if you know we are all here to share our views abt Jesus Christ, so why are u still asking me if I am a believer. or can a non believer share his view abt Christ that he/she doesn't know?

I will kindly suggest we don't move away from the trend
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2018
I can see your paranoid state of mind had kick in, Yes either way, if you feel you have something to say-then say it, my asking to be kind is obvious, that you keep your identity a secret.
By your fruit we will know you, so far, you are lost in your paranoia state of mind, the secret society Illuminati had risen up once again..
Does the secret society have anything good to say about Christ?
Heskay001:

if you know we are all here to share our views abt Jesus Christ, so why are u still asking me if I am a believer. or can a non believer share his view abt Christ that he/she doesn't know?

I will kindly suggest we don't move away from the trend
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2018
Have you run out of words to say-you can't speak up for yourself any longer-since Lizzie is you, try studying the prophesies,"Do you really believe pushing for a One World Religion will solve the problem around the globe, why are you and Lizzie pushing for the One world religion to reunite together?
{Thessalonians 5:3} "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction come upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Have you no fear in God.
{2 Corinthians 6:14} The bible say's-Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
The Pope already claims he is the Holy Father on earth, the vicar of Christ, the Catholic Church have already claimed they have the power to change the written Word of God. So how does light and darkness join us together?
9inches:

What reasons did she give for saying that?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:06am On Mar 04, 2018
brocab:
Have you run out of words to say-you can't speak up for yourself any longer-since Lizzie is you, try studying the prophesies,"Do you really believe pushing for a One World Religion will solve the problem around the globe, why are you and Lizzie pushing for the One world religion to reunite together?
{Thessalonians 5:3} "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction come upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Have you no fear in God.
{2 Corinthians 6:14} The bible say's-Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
The Pope already claims he is the Holy Father on earth, the vicar of Christ, the Catholic Church have already claimed they have the power to change the written Word of God. So how does light and darkness join us together?
How did you know what the Catholic Church claims?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Easy, I will help you find a little info, but If you are really serious, then just let your fingers do the walking-everything about anything is planted somewhere..But if you are not serious, then you are wasting your time asking, but don't expect me to believe with you, because if you can't provide the Word of God to back up your Church theories, then you are wasting every bodies time, turning a blind eye to the real God, will only cause you grieve..
The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Author: Amazing Discoveries™
Publish date: Feb 24, 2009
Summary: Read proof that throughout the Roman Church's history, the Papacy has often claimed that the Pope is divine.

More Resources:
Sarto's Homily
Read Articles By Subject Reformation The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Share with others:
Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of Peter, the Pope claims infallibility, the position of God on Earth, and ability to judge and excommunicate angels.

A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted in Publications of the Catholic Truth Society Volume 29 (Catholic Truth Society: 1896): 11.
A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted...
Cardinal Sarto, who became Pope Pius X, said this:

The Pope represents Jesus Christ Himself...i

This belief has so assimilated into society's thinking that it is believed by many beyond Catholic circles. According to TIME, Pope John Paul II's assassination attempt prompted a young Jewish man to say, "shooting the Pope—It's like shooting God."ii
The statement above-"Pope Francis claims to be the Holy Father, and the vicar of Christ, Pope Francis does not deny the fact he is just a man, he expects his followers to bow down to him, he claims to be god, and you ask me, how do I know?
The Papacy is not the only source of papal infallibility doctrine. Many Catholics and others use the titles of Christ to describe the Pope, as seen in the video below. This video is featured in the lecture That All May Be One by Professor Walter Veith.
Purchase the DVD from the Amazing Discoveries™ webstore or view the lecture on Amazing Discoveries™ TV. We just need to listen to these people live, just to prove the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBo7xFMNZTo
The Doctrine of Papal Infallibility is UnBiblical
It is clear that "the Popes have never reproved or rejected this title"xii of blasphemy and flattery, but the Bible does not support the belief of papal infallibility. It declares that "all of sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Roman 3:23).
This includes the Pope. These boasts of the Papal State fulfill the Bible's prediction of what the Antichrist power would do: And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws...(Daniel 7:25).
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven (Revelation 13:5-6).
But Jesus knows you, that you do not have the love of God within you. Jesus had come in His Father’s name, and you did not received Him; but if someone else comes in his own name, {The Pope} you will receive him. How can you believe if you accept glory from one another, yet do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? {John 5:42-44}
9inches:

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:21am On Mar 05, 2018
brocab:
Easy, I will help you find a little info, but If you are really serious, then just let your fingers do the walking-everything about anything is planted somewhere..But if you are not serious, then you are wasting your time asking, but don't expect me to believe with you, because if you can't provide the Word of God to back up your Church theories, then you are wasting every bodies time, turning a blind eye to the real God, will only cause you grieve..
The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Author: Amazing Discoveries™
Publish date: Feb 24, 2009
Summary: Read proof that throughout the Roman Church's history, the Papacy has often claimed that the Pope is divine.

More Resources:
Sarto's Homily
Read Articles By Subject Reformation The Pope Claims to be God on Earth
Share with others:
Throughout the centuries of Rome's existence, the popes have regularly claimed to be divine. As the supposed successor of Peter, the Pope claims infallibility, the position of God on Earth, and ability to judge and excommunicate angels.

A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted in Publications of the Catholic Truth Society Volume 29 (Catholic Truth Society: 1896): 11.
A letter from Cardinal Giuseppe Sarto (who became Pope Pius X in 1903) as quoted...
Cardinal Sarto, who became Pope Pius X, said this:

The Pope represents Jesus Christ Himself...i

This belief has so assimilated into society's thinking that it is believed by many beyond Catholic circles. According to TIME, Pope John Paul II's assassination attempt prompted a young Jewish man to say, "shooting the Pope—It's like shooting God."ii
The statement above-"Pope Francis claims to be the Holy Father, and the vicar of Christ, Pope Francis does not deny the fact he is just a man, he expects his followers to bow down to him, he claims to be god, and you ask me, how do I know?
The Papacy is not the only source of papal infallibility doctrine. Many Catholics and others use the titles of Christ to describe the Pope, as seen in the video below. This video is featured in the lecture That All May Be One by Professor Walter Veith.
Purchase the DVD from the Amazing Discoveries™ webstore or view the lecture on Amazing Discoveries™ TV. We just need to listen to these people live, just to prove the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBo7xFMNZTo
The Doctrine of Papal Infallibility is UnBiblical
It is clear that "the Popes have never reproved or rejected this title"xii of blasphemy and flattery, but the Bible does not support the belief of papal infallibility. It declares that "all of sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Roman 3:23).
This includes the Pope. These boasts of the Papal State fulfill the Bible's prediction of what the Antichrist power would do: And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws...(Daniel 7:25).
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven (Revelation 13:5-6).
But Jesus knows you, that you do not have the love of God within you. Jesus had come in His Father’s name, and you did not received Him; but if someone else comes in his own name, {The Pope} you will receive him. How can you believe if you accept glory from one another, yet do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? {John 5:42-44}

Which point are you arguing? I already told you to follow the format I've shown you. You are not making any point with all your incoherent postings. Again, if you want to argue anything the Catholic Church teaches, use a simple format and post the teachings here from a Catholic source.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 1:39am On Mar 05, 2018
The truth is you are afraid what you will find, you ask me can I prove the claims-I did from a Catholic site.
9inches:

It's time to wake up, I can find Catholic sites everywhere-the sites you have given me, holds no truth.

Your Church holds hidden secrets, you are to blind to see behind the scenes..
Forget about those sites you have tried to lay upon me, they hold no truth, Catholic's do not practice such, if you are expecting me to believe the lies, then at least come up with some evidence, to prove the Catholic Church is not a cult.
9inches:

Which point are you arguing? I already told you to follow the format I've shown you. You are not making any point with all your incoherent postings. Again, if you want to argue anything the Catholic Church teaches, use a simple format and post the teachings here from a Catholic source.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Heskay001(m): 8:42am On Mar 05, 2018
brocab:
I can see your paranoid state of mind had kick in, Yes either way, if you feel you have something to say-then say it, my asking to be kind is obvious, that you keep your identity a secret.
By your fruit we will know you, so far, you are lost in your paranoia state of mind, the secret society Illuminati had risen up once again..
Does the secret society have anything good to say about Christ?

gosh!

so who has said anything bad about Christ here?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 2:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
brocab:
The truth is you are afraid what you will find, you ask me can I prove the claims-I did from a Catholic site.

It's time to wake up, I can find Catholic sites everywhere-the sites you have given me, holds no truth.

Your Church holds hidden secrets, you are to blind to see behind the scenes..
Forget about those sites you have tried to lay upon me, they hold no truth, Catholic's do not practice such, if you are expecting me to believe the lies, then at least come up with some evidence, to prove the Catholic Church is not a cult.
How do you know what the sites teach? What did you read and from which site?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 11:18pm On Mar 05, 2018
Speak up man, and let us into your hidden agenda-open yourself up, what is it man, tell us what you would like to say?
Heskay001:

gosh!

so who has said anything bad about Christ here?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:11am On Mar 06, 2018
Haven't you felt you have been walking around in circles, you believe in a religion that not even you understand the hidden agenda's behind the scenes, try studying and learn why you don't see the things, you don't know.
You see the truth, it's written-but you don't know it..
Do you realise you are walking on dangerous grounds-fear God, You believe their is a God, good, even the demons believe and tremble.
9inches:

How do you know what the sites teach? What did you read and from which site?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:56am On Mar 06, 2018
brocab:
Haven't you felt you have been walking around in circles, you believe in a religion that not even you understand the hidden agenda's behind the scenes, try studying and learn why you don't see the things, you don't know.
You see the truth, it's written-but you don't know it..
Do you realise you are walking on dangerous grounds-fear God, You believe their is a God, good, even the demons believe and tremble.

More from your friend Lizzie. Enjoy! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV2dMB4Sofg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8p9i696K-o
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:03pm On Mar 06, 2018
If you were to attack me with Lizzie issues, then at least give us a sign from above? 'Lizzie is harmless, she's on you tube, just to be heard, she isn't there to lead a multitude, "And plus is anybody outside the square really listening to her
You said: you were to teach me-but still I am waiting, my request was, as long as you are preaching the Word of God I am interested.
You keep on giving me Catholic theology about sacred traditions, you haven't yet completed my request-I think I can workout the problem, you don't know the differences we have between both Catholic's and Christians?
We know the Catholics view of the Bible as having equal authority with the Church and tradition. "And we know Christians view the Bible as the supreme authority for faith and practice.
{2 Timothy 3:16-17} tells us, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Scripture is not “just the beginning,” or “just the basics,” or the “foundation for a more complete church tradition, Scripture is perfectly and fully sufficient for everything in the Christian life. Scripture can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, train us, and equip us. “Bible Christians” do not deny the value of church tradition.
Rather, Christians uphold that for a church tradition to be valid, it must be based on the clear teaching of Scripture and must be in full agreement with Scripture. Catholics believe otherwise.
The most crucial problem with the Roman Catholic Church is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. The Bible clearly and consistently states that receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, by grace through faith, grants salvation {John 1:12; 3:16,18,36; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10,13; Ephesians 2:8-9} The Roman Catholic Church rejects this.
9 Inches, I could write the differences we have between both parties all day long, but if you aren't willing to study the Word of God, then are you wasting your time? 9 Inches, you can accept this as some kind of a warning “or you can receive it as a blessing.
Do you know {John 1:12} Through faith {Romans 5:1} God loves us and offers us salvation as a gift, {John 3:16}
If you desire to have all your sins forgiven by Christ, and not a priest who thinks he has this authority, if you desire to have assurance of salvation, If you desire to believe in salvation, and if you desire to have direct access to God who loves you, then receive it, and it's yours.
9inches:

More from your friend Lizzie. Enjoy! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV2dMB4Sofg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8p9i696K-o
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
brocab:
If you were to attack me with Lizzie issues, then at least give us a sign from above? 'Lizzie is harmless, she's on you tube, just to be heard, she isn't there to lead a multitude, "And plus is anybody outside the square really listening to her
You said: you were to teach me-but still I am waiting, my request was, as long as you are preaching the Word of God I am interested.
You keep on giving me Catholic theology about sacred traditions, you haven't yet completed my request-I think I can workout the problem, you don't know the differences we have between both Catholic's and Christians?
We know the Catholics view of the Bible as having equal authority with the Church and tradition. "And we know Christians view the Bible as the supreme authority for faith and practice.
{2 Timothy 3:16-17} tells us, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Scripture is not “just the beginning,” or “just the basics,” or the “foundation for a more complete church tradition, Scripture is perfectly and fully sufficient for everything in the Christian life. Scripture can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, train us, and equip us. “Bible Christians” do not deny the value of church tradition.
Rather, Christians uphold that for a church tradition to be valid, it must be based on the clear teaching of Scripture and must be in full agreement with Scripture. Catholics believe otherwise.
The most crucial problem with the Roman Catholic Church is its belief that faith alone in Christ is not sufficient for salvation. The Bible clearly and consistently states that receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, by grace through faith, grants salvation {John 1:12; 3:16,18,36; Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9-10,13; Ephesians 2:8-9} The Roman Catholic Church rejects this.
9 Inches, I could write the differences we have between both parties all day long, but if you aren't willing to study the Word of God, then are you wasting your time? 9 Inches, you can accept this as some kind of a warning “or you can receive it as a blessing.
Do you know {John 1:12} Through faith {Romans 5:1} God loves us and offers us salvation as a gift, {John 3:16}
If you desire to have all your sins forgiven by Christ, and not a priest who thinks he has this authority, if you desire to have assurance of salvation, If you desire to believe in salvation, and if you desire to have direct access to God who loves you, then receive it, and it's yours.
Listen to more Lizzie. What makes you think it's an "attack?" cheesy The truth is dealing with you and making you feel attacked, right? It's time to put down your ignorance and learn about God from the original Christian source.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 07, 2018
brocab:
Sometimes we do have to jump over our busy times, and plus I will speak up for both 9 inches and myself, we are glad you have come back.
thanks brocab. I will try
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=9inches post=65401768]The question: do both accounts contradict each other?
you have no argument here. It is the book that determines the truth not what the man says.

That passage does not say exactly what you want it to say. Scripture certainly has the power to do all the things that this verse says. But look more closely at what Paul is saying. You will agree, I am sure, that the writings we call the New Testament were not yet collected together as Scripture when Paul wrote his second letter to Timothy. So when Paul speaks of Scripture in this verse, he is certainly referring to the Old Testament and not the entire Bible as we now have it. In fact, in verse 15 he refers to the "sacred writings" with which Timothy has been acquainted from childhood. This can mean only the Old Testament
. You are obviously wrong! The holy scripture as used in that verse refers to the inspired writings through which God revealed his mind of which the old testament is part of. Paul said [b]All [/b]scripture and the old testament is not 'All Scriptures'.
The Old testament was just the beginning, Jesus said the holy Spirit will lead into all truth meaning the old testament was not the whole truth. Which was done through the writings of the apostles.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
And the apostles were the last through whom the scripture was completed.

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
But if we read his words as implying that Scripture is sufficient with no need of Tradition, then he would be saying that the Old Testament is sufficient. I don’t think any conscientious Christian would want to say that we don’t need the New Testament to have the kinds of teaching and reproof that Paul says in verse 16. Another example is Revelation 22:18-19 which was referring to the "book" of Revelation.
except you don't know what scripture means. Yes the scripture is sufficient because it is perfect.

That is the question I asked you to answer!
the bible is the highest authority in Christianity for doctrine, faith and other matters.

I keep shouting protestantism because it barely started in 1517 with no solid foundation!
instead of shouting prostantism, open your bible and confirm whatever you are been taught.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:30am On Mar 08, 2018
So your plans were to attack me, why use Lizzie, she did no harm to you, and plus who wants to listen to Lizzie, you are the one that started the conversation, "and still I am waiting for you to produce the Word of God, and still you have refused to do such?
Why believe in God' when the Catholic Church is base on Theology & Science.
9inches:

Listen to more Lizzie. What makes you think it's an "attack?" cheesy The truth is dealing with you and making you feel attacked, right? It's time to put down your ignorance and learn about God from the original Christian source.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:08am On Mar 08, 2018
solite3:
you have no argument here. It is the book that determines the truth not what the man says.
This is not an argument, it's a question which you are afraid to answer. The question: do both accounts contradict each other?

solite3:
You are obviously wrong! The holy scripture as used in that verse refers to the inspired writings through which God revealed his mind of which the old testament is part of. Paul said [b]All [/b]scripture and the old testament is not 'All Scriptures'.
The Old testament was just the beginning, Jesus said the holy Spirit will lead into all truth meaning the old testament was not the whole truth. Which was done through the writings of the apostles.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
And the apostles were the last through whom the scripture was completed.

1 Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
Another protestant out-of-context interpretation of the bible. Paul definitely wasn't talking about subsequent Books like Revelation. (2 Tim 3:14-17) "But as for you, continue in the things you have learned and firmly believed, since you know from whom you learned them. 15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

By your logic, Timothy who Paul was talking to would not be "complete and fully equipped for every good work," since over 8 Books including Revelation were yet to be written as at then. A random search for bible commentary would have put you out of your ignorance (See photo below)

solite3:
except you don't know what scripture means. Yes the scripture is sufficient because it is perfect.
The scripture as mentioned means the Old Testament.

solite3:
the bible is the highest authority in Christianity for doctrine, faith and other matters.
Of course. But you seem not to understand the bible. You haven't realized that Paul enjoined the Thessalonians to "stand firm and hold fast to the teachings" that were passed on to them, whether by letter (scripture) or by word of mouth (orally transmitted). See what you and your fellow protestants are missing?

solite3:
instead of shouting prostantism, open your bible and confirm whatever you are been taught.
Everything I have studied and learned as a Catholic are 100 percent consistent with the bible. You will NEVER fully understand the bible in full context outside the Church that compiled the bible. Remember, if your bible contains only 66 books, it's an incomplete bible compiled in 1517.

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 1:44am On Mar 08, 2018
brocab:
So your plans were to attack me, why use Lizzie, she did no harm to you, and plus who wants to listen to Lizzie, you are the one that started the conversation, "and still I am waiting for you to produce the Word of God, and still you have refused to do such?
Why believe in God' when the Catholic Church is base on Theology & Science.

Do you still feel "attacked?" It seems what you are hearing from Lizzie is challenging what you thought you have known all along about Christianity. If you want my input, you should follow the format I showed you.

But if you don't to follow the format, enjoy more Truth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YojMOJQl6-s
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
{Mark 13:21-22} And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.…
Look here is Christ, He is with Lizzie, Marcus Grodi on the video below, look Christ is in the Catholic Church, Look here, or look there.."Do you know, those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior are brothers and sisters in Christ. You must be standing far far away, because I can't seem to find you anywhere?
You know we recognize that we are called by God to a fuller realization of our unity in the body of Christ.
The only unity to which we would give expression is unity in the truth, and the truth is this: “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.” (Ephesians 4)
Do you understand what was said above: one faith, one baptism, Catholic's practices another "9 inches" test yourself-do "you" preach the Word of God?
"There are still some very important issues that separate Catholic teachings from Christian teachings, true biblical Christianity is not a religion in the sense that one “joins” it by becoming a member of an organization.
Jesus simplified what it means to be a Christian when He told Nicodemus that one must be “born again” {John 3:3}
And as we see, Catholic teaching has gone far away from strict adherence to the Bible, adding human ideas and “teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” {Mark 7:7}
Lizzie and yourself are of the Pharisees of Jesus’ day had done the same thing with God’s Law, and it appears that Catholic tradition follows more closely in the footsteps of the Pharisees than those of the apostles.
An interesting sight about your new profound video, while watching I see in the corner, a cross of the Knights Templar. {Freemasonry Masonic Illuminati} "Templars, were a Catholic military order recognised in 1139 by papal bull Omne Datum Optimum of the Holy See.
I have asked this same old question before about people returning back to Catholicism-is there anybody out there you could show-who is not rich and famous, someone who had been through the mill-with Church and had returned because he/she seen a vision, or a dream or something that could open up a new page?
Because every time I asked-I receive so called religious celebrities, like Lizzie now Marcus Grodi who's running his own TV show-Marcus is founder of the Coming Home Network International. Freemason Converts to Catholicism, only because Freemason never left Catholicism..
9inches:

Do you still feel "attacked?" It seems what you are hearing from Lizzie is challenging what you thought you have known all along about Christianity. If you want my input, you should follow the format I showed you.

But if you don't to follow the format, enjoy more Truth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YojMOJQl6-s
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2018
9inches:
Everything I have studied and learned as a Catholic are 100 percent consistent with the bible. You will NEVER fully understand the bible in full context outside the Church that compiled the bible. Remember, if your bible contains only 66 books, it's an incomplete bible compiled in 1517.
The version of Sacred Scriptures used by Protestants today is incomplete according to the standards of the early Church. Protestants today are using a Bible that has only been in existence for about 150 years, and from this same 150 year old book-God uses it, and speaks through it, to us: The bottom line is, If you really knew Christ, you would know, the bible doesn't need more then 66 books.
Jewish Definition of the Old Testament Canon is not Authoritative after Pentecost. After the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. the Jewish Council of Jamma eventually rejected the longer Alexandrian canon. Their reason was that they only had Greek texts of these books which at that time was considered "un-Jewish."
They did not know at the time that the Hebrew originals of these books existed. But the decision of the Jews at Jamma (ca. 91 A.D.) is irrelevant for the determination of the canon of Scripture for Christians, for the Holy Spirit had passed to the Church at Pentecost and the legitimate authority for determining the canon was the early Church.
There was some debate within the early Church as to the legitimacy of these "deuterocanonical" books. But Jerome translated all of them in the Vulgate, and the early Church recognized them at the Synod of Rome in 382.
Which are these Old Testament Books? These Old Testament Deuterocanonical books that are divinely inspired are Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Baruch, 1st & 2nd Maccabees, chapters 10-16 of Esther, Daniel 3:24-90 (Song of the Three Young Men), Daniel 13 (the story of Susannah), and Daniel 14 (Bel & the Dragon).
The Catholic Church defined this canon of Scripture early and very early Pope Damasus convoked a Synod in 382 and defined the Canon of Sacred Scripture as the Catholic Church recognizes it today.
Similar definitions occurred in 393, 397, and 419 A.D. Trent affirmed the same long standing historical truth against the protests of the Reformers. Luther ultimately included all these books in his Bible. They were included in most Bibles until 1827.
"Hence".
Basic Principle: No sub-group in the Church has the right to eliminate books from the canon of Sacred Scripture because they contradict "favorite" doctrines such as "faith alone."
History tends to expose the hidden or special considerations that cause groups to digger from the ancient understanding of the canon. Catholics should obtain Bibles for study and general use that contain deuterocanonical books.
Three words are used to describe the authenticity of the canon: "protocanon", "deuterocanon" and "Apocrypha." Protocanon describes the books which all ancient Christians agreed were inspired Scripture. ("Inspired means God is the principal author, preserving the sacred text from all error.)
Deuterocanonical means "second canon" books. Books about which ther was some debate but which were always included in the Church's definition of the canon. "Apocryphal" means doubtful or false. Catholics should be careful not to use "Apocrypha" to identify any of the legitimate deuterocanonical books recognized by the Church. It should be used only of books that the Church has rejected for the Canon.
{1 Thessalonians 5: 19-22} Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil.
It means test everything, and if it don't line up with any of the 66 books, then don't accept it, it's a lie.
9inches:
This is not an argument, it's a question which you are afraid to answer. The question: do both accounts contradict each other?
Another protestant out-of-context interpretation of the bible. Paul definitely wasn't talking about subsequent Books like Revelation.
(2 Tim 3:14-17) "But as for you, continue in the things you have learned and firmly believed, since you know from whom you learned them. 15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.

By your logic, Timothy who Paul was talking to would not be "complete and fully equipped for every good work," since over 8 Books including Revelation were yet to be written as at then. A random search for bible commentary would have put you out of your ignorance (See photo below)

Of course. But you seem not to understand the bible. You haven't realized that Paul enjoined the Thessalonians to "stand firm and hold fast to the teachings" that were passed on to them, whether by letter (scripture) or by word of mouth (orally transmitted). See what you and your fellow protestants are missing?

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Brey(f): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
please help this little child to qualify by voting for her.please tag and share to friends
https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=381034
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=9inches post=65652702]This is not an argument, it's a question which you are afraid to answer. The question: do both accounts contradict each other?
Afraid of answering your questions? You are funny. Your question is nonsensical. You can't compare God's words with human diary. You think the bible is a text book .

Another protestant out-of-context interpretation of the bible. Paul definitely wasn't talking about subsequent Books like Revelation. (2 Tim 3:14-17) "But as for you, continue in the things you have learned and firmly believed, since you know from whom you learned them. 15From infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work.
@ bold so says an heretic. The new testament is not scripture?

you are not just an ignorant heretic but also proud in it. If timothy was already perfect there would be no need for him to be taught by Paul.
Don't just reply think deeply. Timothy was still alive to witness the complete new testament.

so scripture means old testament. Do you know what testament mean? Ignorance. Why the scriptures itself defines what it mean.

so the teachings that was passed down by writing is different from the one the apostle taught?

you have learnt nothing but dogmatic lies.
What are the other so called books of the bible. What are they called? Why is it called that name? Why is it hidden? Has it been able to stand repeated and rigorous scrutiny like the 66 books of the bible?

Roman catholic church is one way among others to hell.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
[quote author=9inches post=65652702]This is not an argument, it's a question which you are afraid to answer. The question: do both accounts contradict each other?
Afraid of answering your questions? You are funny. Your question is nonsensical. You can't compare God's words with human diary. You think the bible is a text book .

you are not just an ignorant heretic but also proud in it. If timothy was already perfect there would be no need for him to be taught by Paul.
Don't just reply think deeply. Timothy would still be alive to witness the complete new testament.

so scripture means old testament. Do you know what testament mean? Ignorance. Why the scriptures itself defines what it mean.

so the teachings that was passed down by writing is different from the one the apostle taught?

What ate the other so called books of the bible. What are they called? Why is it called that name? Why is it hidden? Has it been able to stand repeated and rigorous scrutiny like the 66 books of the bible?

Roman catholic church is one sure way among others to hell.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
9 inches-come out-come out wherever you are? It just shows when the truth is revealed, it shuts down false religion. This is why we stay with the Word of God-because no lie can penetrate through it. Every lie that tries to destroy the Word of God-breaks down to Nothing..
{Titus 1:6} They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
{1 Corinthians 8:2} And if any man think that he know anything, he know nothing yet as he ought to know.
{1 John 2:4} He that said, I know him, and do not keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
And the Word of God continual's to everlasting life.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 2:21am On Mar 14, 2018
Who is this little Child? And what is the purpose sharing her around to the world?
Brey:
please help this little child to qualify by voting for her.please tag and share to friends
https://www.cussonsbaby.com.ng/campaign/cbm5/entry?id=381034
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 6:21am On Mar 16, 2018
brocab:
{Mark 13:21-22} And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.…
Look here is Christ, He is with Lizzie, Marcus Grodi on the video below, look Christ is in the Catholic Church, Look here, or look there.."Do you know, those who accept Christ as Lord and Savior are brothers and sisters in Christ. You must be standing far far away, because I can't seem to find you anywhere?
You know we recognize that we are called by God to a fuller realization of our unity in the body of Christ.
The only unity to which we would give expression is unity in the truth, and the truth is this: “There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.” (Ephesians 4)
Do you understand what was said above: one faith, one baptism, Catholic's practices another "9 inches" test yourself-do "you" preach the Word of God?
"There are still some very important issues that separate Catholic teachings from Christian teachings, true biblical Christianity is not a religion in the sense that one “joins” it by becoming a member of an organization.
Jesus simplified what it means to be a Christian when He told Nicodemus that one must be “born again” {John 3:3}
And as we see, Catholic teaching has gone far away from strict adherence to the Bible, adding human ideas and “teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” {Mark 7:7}
Lizzie and yourself are of the Pharisees of Jesus’ day had done the same thing with God’s Law, and it appears that Catholic tradition follows more closely in the footsteps of the Pharisees than those of the apostles.
An interesting sight about your new profound video, while watching I see in the corner, a cross of the Knights Templar. {Freemasonry Masonic Illuminati} "Templars, were a Catholic military order recognised in 1139 by papal bull Omne Datum Optimum of the Holy See.
I have asked this same old question before about people returning back to Catholicism-is there anybody out there you could show-who is not rich and famous, someone who had been through the mill-with Church and had returned because he/she seen a vision, or a dream or something that could open up a new page?
Because every time I asked-I receive so called religious celebrities, like Lizzie now Marcus Grodi who's running his own TV show-Marcus is founder of the Coming Home Network International. Freemason Converts to Catholicism, only because Freemason never left Catholicism..

I hope you are learning more about the Church of the Apostles? How many videos have you watched?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 6:25am On Mar 16, 2018
brocab:
It means test everything, and if it don't line up with any of the 66 books, then don't accept it, it's a lie.
Well, sola scriptura does not line up with the bible.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 9:21am On Mar 16, 2018
Not many video's, I have been learning more about the Church of the Apostles? But I can't seem to retrieve any answers from the video's, you have supplied me.
Your favoured Lizzie, wasn't any help to me, instead of looking at her own faults, she winches about others, nor did I find anything from that other video you had shared with me, he didn't make any sense-he's preaching was based around the Catholic Church.
I am searching for the truth-and to learn about the apostles and the Catholic Church-I can't seem to find any positive evidence to prove they both line up with each other. "Actually it is only his say, her say, but nothing that really lines up on the same page.
9inches:

I hope you are learning more about the Church of the Apostles? How many videos have you watched?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 11:16am On Mar 16, 2018
solite3:
Afraid of answering your questions? You are funny. Your question is nonsensical. You can't compare God's words with human diary. You think the bible is a text book.
You are creating a straw man argument. And yes you are afraid to answer the question, so you easily find a way dismiss it.
The question is: If I gave you my sister's diary which she had written "I make sure I eat 3 square meals a day". And later on, I told you orally that my sister eats 5 times a day, is there any contradiction in both accounts?

solite3:
It is heretic to suggest Paul was speaking into the future when he had no idea the New Testament would be included in the Scripture. He was definitely talking about the already existing Scripture. I don't know where you are receiving this skewed knowledge of the bible. I can bet you won't find any article or commentary anywhere that disputes the fact that Paul was not talking about the New Testament. I challenge you to find one.

solite3:
Don't just reply think deeply. Timothy would still be alive to witness the complete new testament.
You're being willfully ignorant. There's no commentary you can cite to support your point. Because you are misinterpreting the Scripture.

solite3:
My comment said "The scripture as mentioned means the Old Testament."

solite3:
If they are all same, Paul would not have asked them to hold on to both. The fact that he said "by Word" and "by letter" clearly shows how none of the two versions should be discarded. Yet, Pentecostals picked the letter version and discarded the worded version. Keep reading 2 Thessalonians 2:15 until your eyes are cleared.

solite3:
What ate the other so called books of the bible. What are they called? Why is it called that name? Why is it hidden? Has it been able to stand repeated and rigorous scrutiny like the 66 books of the bible?

Roman catholic church is one sure way among others to hell.
Martin Luther makes a pertinent observation in the sixteenth chapter of his Commentary on St. John "We are obliged to yield many things to the papists (Catholics), that they possess the Word of God which we received from them, otherwise we should have known nothing at all about it."

This is a myth that always comes up but is simple to answer. At the Council of Rome in 382, the Church decided upon a canon of 46 Old Testament books and 27 in the New Testament. This decision was ratified by the councils at Hippo (393), Carthage (397, 419), II Nicea (787), Florence (1442), and Trent (1546).

Further, if Catholics added the deuterocanonical books in 1546, then Martin Luther beat us to the punch: He included them in his first German translation, published the Council of Trent. They can also be found in the first King James Version (1611) and in the first Bible ever printed, the Guttenberg Bible (a century before Trent). In fact, these books were included in almost every Bible until the Edinburgh Committee of the British Foreign Bible Society excised them in 1825. It is historically demonstrable that Catholics did not add the books, Protestants took them out.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
brocab:
Not many video's, I have been learning more about the Church of the Apostles? But I can't seem to retrieve any answers from the video's, you have supplied me.
Your favoured Lizzie, wasn't any help to me, instead of looking at her own faults, she winches about others, nor did I find anything from that other video you had shared with me, he didn't make any sense-he's preaching was based around the Catholic Church.
I am searching for the truth-and to learn about the apostles and the Catholic Church-I can't seem to find any positive evidence to prove they both line up with each other. "Actually it is only his say, her say, but nothing that really lines up on the same page.

Isn't that the exact same thing you've been doing- making nonfactual sweeping statements about the Catholic Church. Even when a long time Pentecostal pastor converted to Catholicism and explained why Protestantism is wrong, you still have your head stuck in the sand because you lack the humility to accept the truth. You believe in a ma-made doctrine of 1517. Before your Martin Luther cut down the bible to 66 books and started protestantism, there have always been the One True Church of the Apostles. Facts don't change, you can use different tactics to ignore it all you want but it remains what it is.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 3:50pm On Mar 16, 2018
Let us read to see who is making nonfactual sweeping statements about the Catholic Church-why did Martin Luther turn against the Catholic Church, if indulgence and Purgatory-were the truth found in the manuscripts written by the apostles?
Why did Luther regarded this as a form of corruption-by his time, indulgences had evolved into payments that were said to reduce punishment for sins "Luther believed that such practices only interfered with genuine repentance and discouraged people from giving to the poor.
{1 Timothy 6:5} Men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.
From such withdraw yourself.
The Catholic Church demanded full authority, turned against Martin Luther, over unbiblcal literature, the Catholic's taught more money will save a multitude from going to hell, less money will put a multitude in Purgatory hell, until someone pays the price to set you free.
The fact is the Catholic Church claims to be the One True Church of the Apostles, and Facts do change, "but the Word of God doesn't change. And the Word of God doesn't mention Peter spent time in Rome nor did the apostles dare to practice Christianity with paganism..
9inches:

Isn't that the exact same thing you've been doing- making nonfactual sweeping statements about the Catholic Church. Even when a long time Pentecostal pastor converted to Catholicism and explained why Protestantism is wrong, you still have your head stuck in the sand because you lack the humility to accept the truth. You believe in a ma-made doctrine of 1517. Before your Martin Luther cut down the bible to 66 books and started protestantism, there have always been the One True Church of the Apostles. Facts don't change, you can use different tactics to ignore it all you want but it remains what it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (38) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.