Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Social Media Is Killing You - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Social Media Is Killing You (370 Views)

Linda Ikeji Media Is Hiring! And Here's How You Can Apply! :-) / Psquare: "Jude Is Only A Scape Goat, Media Is Evil" Paul Okoye Laments / Photo:Toolz Flaunts Killer Curve From Dubai.The Curve Is Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Social Media Is Killing You by Gim2001ym(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
SOCIAL MEDIA IS KILLING YOU
Think of it, imagine it, and bring it to calculation. Think of how many hours you spend daily fantasizing or socializing on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, instagram and YouTube. Check the number of hours.

If the same time is being used to invest in yourself (Personal Development) and in your career (Professional Development). Imagine where you would have been today.

It is said that you become a master in your field, job, or profession with at least 10000 hours of investment or 7 years of diligently working on your career.

Imagine if you convert half of that time to read books, listen to audio tapes or attend seminar to become a better you. Imagine where you would have been today.

Brain Tracy said “no matter the career you choose, if you invest two hours daily in reading books, listening to tapes on how to better your career. In 3-5 years you will become a national authority in that area and imagine what your pay cheque will be. In fact, you will be signing your pay cheque by yourself.

That is the different between the top 20% of people that earn all the money to the bottom 80% of the people that are struggling. That is Pareto principle.

It is time to have a rethink on the number of hours you spend socializing. That you don’t have a job or you are looking for one does not mean you should be wasting away and wasting your time. The same time it takes to fail is the same time it takes to succeed. It is only how you invest it that matters.

And if you don’t know……………
Mark Zukerberg the Facebook owner worths $33.3 billion dollars as at July 15th 2014 and made $1.6 billion dollar that same day. On a single day
Evan Williams the former twitter CEO with the highest share worths $2.9 billion
The former owner of instagram Kelvin Systrom and Mike Kreiger shared over $1 billion.

Those are the owners of those big social medias who worth billions of dollar and hardly spend time on social media but spend the chunk of their time developing their lives and work
Now I ask you the great social media users who waste hours every day, how much do you worth? Probably you are still struggling. That is a reason why you must rethink. This is a hard pill to swallow.

Convert those hours you use socializing into more profitable hours by spending at least 2 hours of your time daily reading and listening to audio tapes that develop your mind: your greatest earning power.

Most of us know so much about others and we know little or nothing about ourselves. Spend those hours to discover yourself. Forget about your poor or parental background, lack of education or whatever excuse you think is holding you down. Most of American Millionaire are self-made. That is, they made the money by themselves without inheriting any cash.

Talk to yourself. You are not a dummy. You are not here just to mark time or fizzle away. It takes time to be successful.
Am I shutting you off or telling you not to socialize at all? No but you need to reduce it and socialize if it will add value to your life, career or job. I have decided not to engage my time on things that will not move me closer to my goals.

I often tell people this
“It is the poor that makes the rich wealthy”

If you don’t have what to read or listen to, I can send them to you FREE OF CHARGE. E-books or compressed audio
Just mail me and you will get them: selfhelp700@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Is Killing You by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
good you
Re: Social Media Is Killing You by pretydiva(f): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's also killing u op,if not u wouldn't b here posting dis

(1) (Reply)

Mavin Looku Looku Reaches 1million Views / How To Love Who You Are / Davido’s New Single With Meek Mill Drops June 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.