Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (51966 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by upper(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
Funny how the gullible are easily deceived. We have recurrent expenditure of 3.6 trillion naira for payment of salaries and running expenses. We spent #700 billion to service debt yearly. We have infrastructural deficit to cover such as bad roads, power supply, water supply, etc. We have petrol subsidy, fertilizer subsidy etc. Mind you oil companies pay taxes and royalties to FIRS and forms about 80% of the total federation revenue. So which of the above necessity will be dropped to accommodate paying #5000 the poorest 25 million and feeding of school children. Unless they want to plunge Nigeria into a huge debt.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by mandhi(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
kaboninc:

Your dear Obiagelli has been proven to be wrong. If you had come before her, you would have faced her fate.

Pls, you have the floor. Prove us wrong.
Mind u these are figures from the gov't it self.
Thank you.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by mandhi(m): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
upper:
Funny how the gullible are easily deceived. We have recurrent expenditure of 3.6 trillion naira for payment of salaries and running expenses. We spent #700 billion to service debt yearly. We have infrastructural deficit to cover such as bad roads, power supply, water supply, etc. We have petrol subsidy, fertilizer subsidy etc. Mind you oil companies pay taxes and royalties to FIRS and forms about 80% of the total federation revenue. So which of the above necessity will be dropped to accommodate paying #5000 the poorest 25 million and feeding of school children. Unless they want to plunge Nigeria into a huge debt.
Pls put into consideration that figures giving by the gov't as passed by the legislative are profits earned after tax. For the recurrent cost that is where the bulk of the reaping takes place(corruption). This is the next stage of corruption which the APC is going to tackle not just ministers who have embezzled. In fact, it's a fact that the bulk of corruption in Nigeria is in the civil service, therefore the incorruptible stance of the new gov't would help reduce that high recurrent figure posted by the gov't their by saving funds. Needed for the social package of the new gov't. Thank you.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Scholes007(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nazeeboy:
you too tell me where did GEJ get the over 2tr naira he shared to PDP chieftains and ministers for his campaign, which you know by now he is demanding for the refund of that money. We are talking of over 2tr naira just for a campaign! You guys are here analysing the facts on ground of the sources of our income. Nigeria earns more than the trillions you are analysing here. There are just so many sources nigeria earns money that we don't know of and only God knows. So let's just keep our mouth shut and hope for the best from the incoming administration. If buhari really says 5k for each unemployed youth then he sure knows the reason why he says so because he has been in the system long enough to know what kind of money nigeria is generating anually. This old man has nothing to gain for him to tell us lies so that he becomes the president. You can all sense his desperation to right the wrongs of many of our past leaders including his own mistakes and make Nigeria great again. So at least give him space to be sworn in first.
baseless allegation, where you there when he was sharing it?
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Andiebest(m): 12:38am On Apr 21, 2015
How about NIMASA? Let's be honest with ourselves here, if we can plug the leakages we will have more than enough to spare. The main challenge will be building a database. How many Nigerians in all? About 170m and unemployed youths will be about 50m. If the government wants they can even give each person N1m (once off) which will translate to just N170m. How much do we hear everyday in the news been stolen? Only the money $1.48bn NNPC was asked to remit can conveniently take care of that. Diezani alone used N10bn on private jets, if we can get just N170m out of it won't it go round every Nigerian? There is money let's not allow people use too much "Konjonomics" to confuse us.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Kenai: 11:57am On Feb 28, 2016
Guess who just got shamed by Buhari today after all the sycophancy grin

Chai! These Zombies and their blind followership grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin grin grin how market? And the analysis
grin grin
Obiagelli:
Officially, Nigeria exports 2 million barrels of crude oil
daily. At the current price of 60 US dollars per barrel, that
translates into 120 million US dollars.

120 million x 365day = 43,800,000,000

43 billion dollars @ 60% ( rumoured sharing formula between Nigeria and oil companies)

That means Nigeria makes 25.8 billion dollars annually.

$25.8 billion x 200 naira = 5.1 trillion naira.

Nigeria's 2014 budget was N4.6 trillion meaning we still have about 0.5 trillion naira change.
www.channelstv.com/2014/04/09/nigerian-senate-passes-4-6-trillion-naira-2014-budget/

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Nigeria generated N4.69tn Revenue in 2014

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/firs-generates-n4-69tn-revenue-in-2014/200484/

Adding N4.69 trillion (firs) + 5.1 trillion (crude oil) = 9.79 trillion.

If our budget was N4.6 trillion then we have a balance of 5.1 trillion naira that nobody accounts for.

Barcanista asked where we will find 1.8 trillion to take care of our most vulnerable citizens, this balance of 5.1 trillion will be taken away from the pockets of criminals and militants.

EDIT.

I forgot the FG gets 52% of total income, even at that we have a balance of 0.6 trillion naira which is sufficient for the first stage of the social programs.
The APC government has said one of its major income earners is the mining industry.

This plans with financial discipline is very much achievable.

Please note that my analysis is based our major source of income ( oil and taxes), i have not touched other income earnings.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
He said he would rather
channel resources into the
building of infrastructure,
education, agriculture and mining
to create employment
opportunities for able bodied
young men

Tonyebarcanista, there is no where on nairaland where i argured for payment of 5k to unemployed youth, it has always been the most vulnerable citizens. The president has not said it won't pay vulnerable citizens.

You will never find payment for unemployed youth in the Apc manifesto
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
In time past, i would have created a counter thread, these days i dont time to educate people that are delibrately stup.d
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Kenai: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Tonyebarcanister, there is no where on nairaland where i argured for payment of 5k to unemployed youth, it has always been the most vulnerable citizens. The president has not said it won't pay vulnerable citizens.

So sad.
Hanging on to the last hope and dying kindle of her hero's PHANTOM integrity, empty promises and bare-faced lies.
With each passing day, her hero denies his words and his promises, while his bottom-feeders work overtime to rationalize.

Dear Obiagelli, best rest assured that we shall still be here to witness Buhari deny his "5000 For Vulnerable People" promise, and his worshippers shall come out to remind us it wasn't Buhari who made the promise with his mouth in the first place but Lai Mohammed.

Better sit tight, and grab your heart pills in preparation for that inevitable day.

cool

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3445387_127992549751789525280561129402990149661295n_jpeg76598e18400a93dc592a2ba28335e58a

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ApexTitan(m): 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari's welfare plan was completely unrealistic from the get go and it amazed me to no end when I saw threads like this trying to justify or somehow make it appear feasible.

Gradually the reality of things is beginning to reveal itself here and the proponents of the welfare plan, including Buhari himself, are now changing their position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by AbleGodAlways: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
[quote author=Obiagelli post=43331478]

Tonyebarcanista, there is no where on nairaland where i argured for payment of 5k to unemployed youth, it has always been the most vulnerable citizens. The president has not said it won't pay vulnerable citizens.

You will never find payment for unemployed youth

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by AbleGodAlways: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:
In time past, i would have created a counter thread, these days i dont time to educate people that are delibrately stup.d

You are obviously pained,

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by AbleGodAlways: 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Typical of APC and it's supporters. Denials and liessssss

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Tonyebarcanista, there is no where on nairaland where i argured for payment of 5k to unemployed youth, it has always been the most vulnerable citizens.

ou will never find payment for unemployed youth in the Apc manifesto
You be funny woman o.....
grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3445387_127992549751789525280561129402990149661295n_jpeg76598e18400a93dc592a2ba28335e58a
The president has not said it won't pay vulnerable citizens.
Are you related to a certain Lai Muhammed?

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You be funny woman o.....
grin grin

Are you related to a certain Lai Muhammed?
Thats the the Apc manifesto?
Anyways it is wrong to put my name in your thread when i never discussed payment to unemployed youths
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by LordAdam: 6:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Anyways it is wrong to put my name in your thread when i never discussed payment to unemployed youths

Your head no correct I swear!

You see bill board of an electoral promise, you dey ask weda na APC manifesto.

You don take your pills so?

-Lord

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by sarutobie(m): 8:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Even after seeing a billboard of the said campaign promise? Each passing day you lots justify the "zombie" tag..

Look nairalanders if this post isn't the hallmark of a first class hypocrite grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by drss(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
yesterday it was possible. today, i have oda priorities. buari govt shifting n denying their promises since may29. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by frankyychiji(f): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:
Officially, Nigeria exports 2 million barrels of crude oil
daily. At the current price of 60 US dollars per barrel, that
translates into 120 million US dollars.

120 million x 365day = 43,800,000,000

43 billion dollars @ 60% ( rumoured sharing formula between Nigeria and oil companies)

That means Nigeria makes 25.8 billion dollars annually.

$25.8 billion x 200 naira = 5.1 trillion naira.

Nigeria's 2014 budget was N4.6 trillion meaning we still have about 0.5 trillion naira change.
www.channelstv.com/2014/04/09/nigerian-senate-passes-4-6-trillion-naira-2014-budget/

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Nigeria generated N4.69tn Revenue in 2014

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/firs-generates-n4-69tn-revenue-in-2014/200484/

Adding N4.69 trillion (firs) + 5.1 trillion (crude oil) = 9.79 trillion.

If our budget was N4.6 trillion then we have a balance of 5.1 trillion naira that nobody accounts for.

Barcanista asked where we will find 1.8 trillion to take care of our most vulnerable citizens, this balance of 5.1 trillion will be taken away from the pockets of criminals and militants.

EDIT.

I forgot the FG gets 52% of total income, even at that we have a balance of 0.6 trillion naira which is sufficient for the first stage of the social programs.
The APC government has said one of its major income earners is the mining industry.

This plans with financial discipline is very much achievable.

Please note that my analysis is based our major source of income ( oil and taxes), i have not touched other income earnings.
Buhari knew he couldn't do these, but you were just too gullible to see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by frankyychiji(f): 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:
Defending dullarpor is not a tea party and can be tiring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Who was that guy that said something like this? " Make your words sweet for some day you would have to eat them" The guy must have had this day in mind. Lalasticlala abeg you know the author of the quote?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by coolscott(m): 11:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Obiagelli:

Tonyebarcanist, there is no where on nairaland where i argured for payment of 5k to unemployed youth, it has always been the most vulnerable citizens. The president has not said it won't pay vulnerable citizens.

What will you refer to this as? https://www.nairaland.com/2265908/buharis-social-program-very-possible

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 29, 2016
coolscott:

What will you refer to this as? https://www.nairaland.com/2265908/buharis-social-program-very-possible
Did you see anything about unemployed youths there?
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by cupid4ig(m): 7:49am On Feb 29, 2016
Obiagelli:

just hide ur face in shame. Tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by coolscott(m): 9:59am On Feb 29, 2016
Obiagelli:

Is the promise to unemployed youths not a major component of the promised social welfare program delivered during the campaigns? Hmm.. you're beginning to sound like an information minister we all know

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
coolscott:

Is the promise to unemployed youths not a major component of the promised social welfare program delivered during the campaigns? Hmm.. you're beginning to sound like an information minister we all know

cupid4ig:
just hide ur face in shame. Tufiakwa

If only you will show me where i mentioned unemployed youth.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by coolscott(m): 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2016
Obiagelli:

If only you will show me where i mentioned unemployed youth.
I think it is now looking as if neither your original article nor your complete write-off of a response here deserved the dignity of a response.
The title of your post is Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. Now can you please list the components of that his social program?
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2016
coolscott:

I think it is now looking as if neither your original article nor your complete write-off of a response here deserved the dignity of a response.
The title of your post is Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. Now can you please list the components of that his social program?

Show me where i wrote about unemployed youth in that write up
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ShowYourCertificate: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
Obiagelli:

Isn't unemployed youths part of the vulnerable citizens? An idle mind is the devil's workshop thus the unemployed youths are vulnerable to crime and other vices. The more you lie, the more you make a ridicule of yourself and the APC government.

Buhari has made it clear that he won't fulfil that promise. Even Lai the Lier didn't dispute that. He simply said it no longer a priority for the APC government.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 / Buhari & Atiku In Rare Picture At Okorocha’s Daughter’s Wedding (Throwback) / Buratai's Son Weds Today In Yobe (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.