Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (51948 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by MizMyColi(f): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:
Officially, Nigeria exports 2 million barrels of crude oil
daily. At the current price of 60 US dollars per barrel, that
translates into 120 million US dollars.

120 million x 365day = 43,800,000,000

43 billion dollars @ 60% ( rumoured sharing formula between Nigeria and oil companies)

That means Nigeria makes 25.8 billion dollars annually.

$25.8 billion x 200 naira = 5.1 trillion naira.

Nigeria's 2014 budget was N4.6 trillion meaning we still have about 0.5 trillion naira change.
www.channelstv.com/2014/04/09/nigerian-senate-passes-4-6-trillion-naira-2014-budget/

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Nigeria generated N4.69tn Revenue in 2014

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/firs-generates-n4-69tn-revenue-in-2014/200484/

Adding N4.69 trillion (firs) + 5.1 trillion (crude oil) = 9.79 trillion.

If our budget was N4.6 trillion then we have a balance of 5.1 trillion naira that nobody accounts for.

Barcanista asked where we will find 1.8 trillion to take care of our most vulnerable citizens, this balance of 5.1 trillion will be taken away from the pockets of criminals and militants.

Seuvn
Lalastic lala
Ishilov e
MizMy Coli
MzJackB aueress.

EDIT.

I forgot the FG gets 52% of total income, even at that we have a balance of 0.6 trillion naira which is sufficient for the first stage of the social programs.
The APC government has said one of its major income earners is the mining industry.

This plans with financial discipline is very much achievable.

Please note that my analysis is based our major source of income ( oil and taxes), i have not touched other income earnings.

Thanks for the mention Nne.
But how feasible is this?

This is still Nigeria.

Those huge sums I see up there have been there since time immemorial...
What tangible changes have we seen?

Even if Buhari and Osibanjo really wants this to fruition, are we going to turn a blind eye to the fact that there are Oligarchs up and around this country who get a kick from the sufferings of the common man?

Would they really just sit there and watch these funds being put to good use?

Not to mention the allocation to states and other capital projects we ought to face squarely.

This meal and money thing should be scrapped, imo.
I won't be surprised if it doesn't get to the rightful beneficiaries.

Sis, I am skeptical and rightly so.
I read GMB's interview.
It felt like he didn't want some oxes gored.

Could it be that they are the people who will eventually steer the ship of this nation?

Results will be produced. Yes. But at what price?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ChinemeOkpan: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
[s]Forgive my miscalculation. You don't "give" oil companies what you think, the business is not based on guess work. If Nailja generates that much do you think we'll be crying 4 loans? Or do you think states will be crying for more funds? Lol[/s]

Conjectures and no sense in your submission.

This is a new government. New way of doing things.

Wait till Buhari takes over before you start complaining.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Misogynist2014(m): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Biggest joke of the century. Now I'm convinced that our APC folks like Obiagelli and her ilks are clueless grin
What then do you suggest we do?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
Forgive my miscalculation. You don't "give" oil companies what you think, the business is not based on guess work. If Nailja generates that much do you think we'll be crying 4 loans? Or do you think states will be crying for more funds? Lol
If politicians still less, we have no business borrowing. Are you saying oil companies gets more than 40%? I have reliable information but i can't find a link for it due to secrecy.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by blessedsemack: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigeria is blessed.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

I already did that. Fg gets 52%

did u study economics or are u tryng to invent anoda form of obiagoNOMICS to this forum?
sista 52percent of 5.1billion is less than the current budget, whr will u get funds to balance the shortfall?

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by scribble: 10:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

I used present day statistics.

See eh. Pls try and use common sense day tactics. Your stats are good at face value but your analysis is cosmetic.

Pls call omojuwa, or chude or any other apc agent with half a brain to come and do proper analysis for you.

Nobody has bothered because it's not possible. Even Buhari said he's not a miracle worker. All those "change" "social welfare" "clueless" are campaign buzzwords.

You're probably the type that really believes Jonathan spent #2 trillion on reelection campaign.

Wake-up. Wake-up. Wake-up. cry

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Truckpusher(m): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

If politicians still less, we have no business borrowing. Are you saying oil companies gets more than 40%? I have reliable information but i can't find a link for it due to secrecy.
grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

43 billion dollars @ 60% ( rumoured sharing formula between Nigeria and oil companies)

Nigeria's 2014 budget was N4.6 trillion meaning we still have about 0.5 trillion naira change.
www.channelstv.com/2014/04/09/nigerian-senate-passes-4-6-trillion-naira-2014-budget/

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

If our budget was N4.6 trillion then we have a balance of 5.1 trillion naira that nobody accounts for.

Barcanista asked where we will find 1.8 trillion to take care of our most vulnerable citizens, this balance of 5.1 trillion will be taken away from the pockets of criminals and militants.

EDIT.

I forgot the FG gets 52% of total income, even at that we have a balance of 0.6 trillion naira which is sufficient for the first stage of the social programs.
The APC government has said one of its major income earners is the mining industry.

Please note that my analysis is based our major source of income ( oil and taxes), i have not touched other income earnings.
you are a dunderhead. Stop forcing your ignorance on people.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

you dont know jack shiiiit

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by appini: 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
You cannot even manage successfully a mama-put restaurant with this your analysis.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by ozo13(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
grin rubbish.. She sha gave her own analysis .gv ur own analysis and prove to us her analysis is wrong.instead of insult.
MuguliciousMUGU:
Nonsense

go school, you won't go... You can see how buhari certificateless brain is affecting yours.

Just as they say, show me your friend and i will tell you who you are.

I rest my case.

We are watching the miracles...

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by trillville(m): 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Barcanista, that your link is incriminating oh shocked shocked
See money
At 160N/$

77 billion dollars - 2014 12.3 trillion
84 billion dollars - 2013 13.4 trillion
94 billion dollars - 2012 15.0 trillion
99 billion dollars - 2011. 15.8 trillion

Gej don chop our money go.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
dailyindependentnig.com/2015/04/shell-pays-3b-taxes-royalties-nigeria-govt-2014/

Royal Dutch Shell has said that it paid $ 3 billion to the
Nigerian government in 2014 as royalties and taxes .
The oil giant said Shell Petroleum Development
Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC ) contributed $ 1 . 8
billion and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production
Company (SNEPCo ) paid $ 1. 2 billion .
This was contained in the company ’ s Sustainability
Report for 2014 published recently , putting revenues
from SPDC to the Nigerian government from 2010 to
2014 at $48 billion .
According to the report , Shell put share of revenue
after cost that goes to the Nigerian government from
each barrel of oil that SPDC produces at 95 per cent
while 90 per cent of total number of contracts were
awarded to local companies.

Barcanista shell puts at 95%

slimmy05

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Ahmeduana(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

You are absolutely correct,
10 trillion x 0.52 (52%) = 5.2 trillion naira,

5.2 - 4.6 (2014 budget) = 0.6 trillion.

Remember i put crude production at 2million barrels per day even when the link says 2.5 million bpd, i have not touch other sources of income.
I BEG NA WHO GO SAVE US FROM THE HANDS OF THIS VOODOO ECONOMIST?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Coldfeet(f): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
anonimi:

I notice that ALL your revenue projection is based on Niger Delta crude oil. Nothing from groundnut oil, palm oil, coconut oil or other agricultural and industrial revenue.

Why are we only about SHARING the wealth derived from only one part of the country
Good question. For years I've wondered what happens to the other natural resources we have in this country! The gold and other precious stones up north who mines them and are the revenues generated from them ever made available to the rest of the nation ? Or is it a case of my own is mine and yours is ours mentality of the born to rule? undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by dizly: 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't worry my fellow economists and the likes don't worry buhari is taking note and may pick one of you just continue with the analysis
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Did u vote for GMB?
The ans is NO.
Why are u worried about his promises.
Na we vote am,
We no dey complain weda e do am or not.
What we are interested is simple.......
1: kill corruption
2: fix our roads and dying school system.
3: electricity

Every other thing shall fall in place.
We are nigeria.
We are not lazy.
He shld just give us the aforementioned, we gonna sort other things out

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by jibbish(m): 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
one good thing about nairaland politics is that it opens your mind to some critical thinking in the right direction. am of the opinion that GMB will perform. all PDP stalwarts can start looking from outside and see APC perform the same magic that was performed in Lagos that made it an envy of other states.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Henrypraise: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

Weda a sympathiser of GEj or a fan of Gmb, all we want is a better nigeria, so u ar assuring us as an apc fan dat d promises made by buhari as highlighted by barcanista in d first thread will be fulfilled?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by EgusiSoup: 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

I chased Berem out of this forum and you might be my next target Obiagelli. So the oil produced from the creeks is what you want to use yet you are foolishly following people who say they are born to rule you.

I feel for the Igbo race!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:
Please counter my points, i hate tantrums.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by doctokwus: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mykevp2p:

You are absolutely correct, but the problem is that most APC goons here and other social media kicked against the advice when it was given by NOI. We need to expand our tax base as well look at VAT as well as the activities of the customs. With 5% VAT, Nigeria is the almost the lowest in Africa let alone the world.

https://www.nairaland.com/2259376/how-buharis-government-boost-revenue
Thank you.No one is saying some of d social programs ain't ambitious and that along d line,all may not be achieved as stated during d campaign stops, but for anyone to dismiss it outrightly or to believe that Nigeria cannot run a social welfare program for a fraction of our population is being callous,vindictive and mischievous.
We should not forget that fuel subsidy itself is a welfare program and d GEJ govt was spending at a point almost a trillion annually and this went into d pockets of elites with no trickle down benefit to the economy,yet Nigeria did not collapse.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by 1wolex85: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
scribble:

See eh. Pls try and use common sense day tactics. Your stats are good at face value but your analysis is cosmetic.

Pls call omojuwa, or chude or any other apc agent with half a brain to come and do proper analysis for you.

Nobody has bothered because it's not possible. Even Buhari said he's not a miracle worker. All those "change" "social welfare" "clueless" are campaign buzzwords.

You're probably the type that really believes Jonathan spent #2 trillion on reelection campaign.

Wake-up. Wake-up. Wake-up. cry
you have not said anything!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by taharqa: 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

Lolz

Obi, I like you so I would be kind. Plzzz, reread what you just wrote here and modify. I'm fact, rewrite everything.

CLUES when rewriting:
----Nigeria and the Oil companies only share the PROFIT from the Crude Oil sales after the Cost for the exploration, exploitation, storage, transportation, etc have been removed
---- This Share of the Oil Profit goes to the 3 tiers if Govt, and not just the FG
----- Most of the revenue that FIRS raise in a year come from taxes (royalties, production sharing fees, etc) from these same OIL COMPANIES, and so indirectly still come from the Profit of Crude Oil sales. It is therefore wrong to calculate it as though it is a stand-alone revenue source
--- Amongst others

The truth id that none of you chaps has even the slightest clue how to respond to that painstakingly well researched OP from barcanista. FULL STOP. We expect the main APC guys to tell Nigerians HOW they intend to fulfill the many promises they made during the campaigns. Apparently, they 'forgot' to do so before now

Greatings

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by jkross(m): 10:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
ochejoseph:

Honestly Buhari and the APC made many unrealistic promises in the lead up to the election!

Nigerians will hold him and the APC to their words as regards issues like 

1. 5000 naira social security project for the unemployed Young Nigerians

2. 24 hours power supply or 12000MW in 8 months 

3. Naira dollar parity or substantial appreciation 

4. Feeding project for pupils etc 

Oby my dear your analysis did not capture other critical components, statutory deductions and the revenue sharing formula (FG /States /LGA )
Revenue accruals is not like debit and credit. 

Whether or Not Buhari and the APC has the capacity to deliver on these promises ONLY TIME WILL TELL! 

For the sake of Nigeria I pray he succeeds 

May God Continue to Bless this great Nation! 

Number 2 is very possible even at 10kMW for domestic consumption..however heavy industries will have to generate their own power just like Dangote

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by kaboninc(m): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

I never had any intention of commenting on nairaland tonight but your comment above made me puke! Damn! I felt some goose pimples and had to correct you.

The price of a barrel of crude is below 60USD, especially the Nigerian flavour. I thought you were complaining about the 'sudden' increase in naira-dollar exchange rate? Saying this government has failed to manage the economy? Now you're using it to validate your analogy (even when it is flawed). You're funny. I wonder what your definition of management is!

Oby, I beg you, please do not post such nonsense/rubbish and term it as fact again especially here in nairaland. Gosh, you're not talking to kids neither are we in the bear palour.

You're insulting our collective intelligence here. Biko!

For God's sake, the FIRS collects all revenues for the Federal Government and that includes the income generated from sales of crude oil. So where is the additional N4.69 trillion from FIRS coming from? Pluto?

In your analogy, you were so ignorant that you forgot to add the COST, EXPENSES incurred in lifting one barrel, processing it and subsequently selling it.

STOP posting rubbish here and labelling it as a FACT! Then again, isn't it amazing that you will spend about 20% - 25% of your national budget (1.8 trillion of 4.6 trillion) on direct consumption when there are urgent needs that require urgent attention? Still, I wonder what your definition of efficient management is! Maybe that's how your party, the APC intends to prune the cost of governance. So pathetic! I hope you know this year's budget is a budget of deficit? (or you don't know too?) Maybe you guys will print more money to execute your pipe project!

I beg you, STOP so that some lazy kids won't come here to pick these fractured information you post here and use it as a basis to argue.

Lastly, God gave us 2 eyes each and a wonderful reasoning component called the brain. Please let's use it.

Cheers.

Cc: anonimi

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Privy(m): 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Obiagelli:

FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE

Seun
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
MizMyColi
MzJackBaueress.

EDIT.

Hello OP,

Are there no costs associated with the production, transport, other logistic, marketing and other components that make up the chain from resource extraction to delivery? Is the amount stated in your postulations total income or profit (leftover after subtracting costs)? I like the fact that GMB sounds ready to tackle the corruption monster in some way but the reality as it appears is that APC seemed to have promised an unrealizable utopia.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Metrofox(m): 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
chymystique:
Believe this crap @ your own peril undecided...
@ Op, You think revenues are generated in this COuntry by sitting in your house and doing mathematical calCulations disregarding many important Factors.... your analysis are unappliCable in real sense. At this state Nigeria is in right now and the debts accrued all these years, that social welfare package aint feasible for now thats if it will ever be implemented... To me its scam
Something has not started & you're calling it a scam... not cool... So what will you call subsidy? Scandal?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
lets hope it works... he made a lot of promises during his campaign.
Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by garrix8: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
EgusiSoup:

I chased Berem out of this forum and you might be my next target Obiagelli. So the oil produced from the creeks is what you want to use yet you are foolishly following people who say they are born to rule you.

I feel for the Igbo race!

Who is this nematode??

The oil belongs to Nigeria.

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. by Jchi9876: 10:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
slimmy05:

as u be whizkid counter her post rather than throw insults.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Photo Of Kwankwaso And Peter Obi Having A Good Laugh / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyesia's Corpse And Casket / Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce At Halima Babangida's Wedding In Minna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.