Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally (3067 Views)

5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom / Can A Girl With One Fallopian Tube still Conceive And Bear A Child? / Trying To Conceive And Your Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread in the hopes that it will benefit ladies (and gentlemen) who are interested in knowing how best to conceive naturally. I believe we now live a very medicalised society where we readily believe that unless we are taking some form of medication to solve problems -TTC problems in particular - we are not doing the right thing. I am a qualified Fertility Therapist and would like to pass on some of my knowledge to anyone who is interested.

I will be following up with a post on the usefulness of Natural Fertility Therapy of which I am an ardent believer.

Thanks and God bless.

Bridget Osho

Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2015
With this post, I will discuss natural fertility treatment. Many of us already have a good idea of medical fertility treatment because we know that doctors can sometimes help with fertility problems by giving medicines, doing surgeries and even advanced solutions like IVF and IUI. However, apart from the occasional notice or advert that promises some miraculous recovery from fertility problems or the herbal mixture suggested by well meaning friends, most people have little contact with natural fertility treatment.

Natural fertility treatment seeks to understand and correct irregularities in the system to make conception occur. It treats every aspect of the person instead if just focussing on one aspect. So for instance, if a woman is not ovulating, the natural fertility therapist will be interested in your menstrual period, your sleeping habits, headaches if any, your work -life balance and many other things. This is built on the premise that every part of the body works together and disharmony in one part will often cause problems in other parts. The natural fertility therapist will then create a personal treatment plan for the person which might include things like suggested lifestyle changes, diet changes, herbal supplements, relaxation techniques and even other alternative treatments like acupressure!
Natural fertility treatment certainly works! It has been practised for centuries in many parts of the world with resounding success. What’s more, there are cases where it resolves problems which medical doctors haven’t been able to resolve. Contrary to what many people might think, there is a science to natural therapy.

Bridget Osho
Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by Bolanlevivian: 10:49am On Apr 20, 2015
following.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by waistbead: 11:43am On Apr 20, 2015
Following.......

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 11:58am On Apr 20, 2015
If you are trying to conceive regardless of how long. The very first thing to understand that you have to take care of your body. After all the body is the vehicle of pregnancy. And this applies both to men and women. The quality of the sperm is important. For the woman to be fertile i.e. to achieve a successful pregnancy, she has to have good quality eggs, have good working tubes, and a healthy uterus. She also has to be able to nourish the fertilised egg from conception till birth. If there is a problem at any of these stages, fertility becomes a problem.

I will classify the information I want to provide into four broad groups:

- Trying to conceive and have no diagnosed medical problems. This includes people who have just started trying to conceive or have been trying for a while without success but the doctors have told them there is no problem with either of the couple.

- Trying to conceive but have been diagnosed with some medical problems such as hormonal imbalance, absent ovulation, low sperm count etc.

- Trying to conceive but have been diagnosed with medical problems such as fibroid, blocked tubes and ashermans syndrome

- Women who conceive but lose their pregnancies in recurrent miscarriages.

Please watch out for my post tomorrow on the first group.

Take care and God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2015
Trying to conceive and have no diagnosed medical problems?

It could be one or more of the following reasons:

- Slight hormonal imbalances that can go undetected by normal tests. They don't cause medical problems but at the same time any slight shift can interfere with conception. Ensure that you are eating the right foods in the right quantity, carrying out moderate exercises such as walking, swimming, drink lots of good quality water. You can also see a Natural Fertility Therapist who might be able to pinpoint the exact hormone that needs to be balanced.

- You are under chronic (constant) stress which causes your body to secrete stress hormones and suppress your reproductive functions. I know it is easier said than done but it is possible to manage stress. You will need to identify the stressors and make a conscious plan to manage them.

- You are not having sex at the right time; using ovulation test kits is not always enough to detect ovulation. You might need to manually chart your cycle.

- You are deficient in some minerals or vitamins or have too much of them. Most fertility tests might not pick that up. Again have a healthy lifestyle like I described for slight hormonal imbalance or see a Natural Fertility Therapist.

If you have any questions, please leave them below. In the meantime, you can visit us on Facebook, we will be happy to answer more questions in our Cherie Mamma Preconception Facebook Group. You can also send me an email babies@cheriemamma.com and find out about our upcoming events here: https://cheriemamma.leadpages.net/lagos-2015/

I will discuss the second group tomorrow i.e. those trying to conceive but have been diagnosed with some medical problems such as hormonal imbalance, absent ovulation, low sperm count etc.

Have a great day!

Bridget Osho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hello everyone,

Today, I will be addressing issues of hormonal imbalance, absent or irregular ovulation etc. While all these issues are different, they also have one thing in common, the hormones in the body are not balanced. You will find that in many cases, someone who has a problem with one will most likely have problems with the other. All aspects of the body are related and a problem with one part will most definitely affect another part. They are many reasons for hormonal imbalance. They include infection, poor diet, stress etc.

The good news is that most people who have hormonal imbalance can rectify it by first of all having a healthy lifestyle in which they eat healthily, exercise and manage stress. However depending on the type of hormonal balance some special diets can be recommended to help your body to heal. The same goes for PCOS. Since Natural fertility therapy believes in allowing the body to restore its balance naturally, it only advocates the use of foods and supplements where needed to achieve this. Proper examination which reveal to the therapist which hormones are out of balance and why. There are no general rules for clients since each treatment is dependent on the person.

If you have PCOS, hormonal imbalance and other related problems, Cherie Mamma is hosting a workshop in Lagos in August to help you manage these problems and conceive. See more details here: https://cheriemamma.leadpages.net/lagos-2015/

As usual, if you have any questions please leave them below or come and join our Facebook group https://www./838427366221136/

Thanks and stay blessed.

Bridget Osho
Cherie Mamma
www.cheriemamma.com
Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Hello everyone,

This post is for ladies who have problems like fibroid, blocked tubes and similar conditions like endometriosis. I have already explained that when the body is out of balance, it affects other parts of the body. The same applies to fibroid. It has been long suggested that the ingestion of chemicals and such like has given rise to an unprecedented epidemic of fibroids. While the root cause of endometriosis is not fully known, it also causes several symptoms including infertility.

Natural treatments of fibroids and endometriosis can include: using castor oil packs on your abdomen, massage, moderate daily exercises, eating only organic foods.

Blocked tubes is when the fallopian tubes have been blocked or scarred by infections. This sometimes makes it difficult for the egg to pass through to the womb after fertilisation or prevent the egg from being fertilised by sperm. Natural treatment can reduce or sometimes remove these scars in some cases through the use of herbs to reduce any inflammation if present and fallopian tube massage to loosen some of the debris.

Please note that this is just a simple version of treatment. For more detailed and specific treatment, you will need to consult a Natural Fertility Therapist. For more information, contact me at babies@cheriemamma.com or visit www.cheriemamma.com.

You can also join our Facebook group here: https://www./838427366221136/.

If you haven't considered natural fertility treatment yet, it might be worth your while to do so!

Tomorrow, I will write a post for women who suffer recurrent miscarriages.

Have a lovely day!

Bridget Osho
Cherie Mamma
Re: Trying To Conceive And Manage Pregnancy Naturally by cmamma(f): 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

I promised to write about the issue of recurrent miscarriages. In many cases, it is difficult to know why some women miscarry their babies. However, there are a few possible reasons:
- The baby might have some genetic deformity and the mum's body expels it because it is not viable
- The mum's body is rejecting the baby as a result of some faulty immune response.
- The mum's body is not providing the necessary nourishment for the baby.

If you suffer recurrent miscarriages, it might be very useful for you to ensure that you are in the best possible health before conceiving because the stronger you are, the better your chances of carrying your baby to term.

Again in this case, natural fertility therapy can help you before and during pregnancy. visit www.cheriemamma.com or find out about our upcoming events: https://cheriemamma.leadpages.net/lagos-2015/

Kind regards,

Bridget Osho
Cherie Mamma.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 13 2021 In Nigeria / Easy Way On How To Cure Hemorrhoids (piles) Permanently / What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.