Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (122305 Views)

Governor Obiano Commissions Josan Rice Farms And Mill / Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra- Pictures / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Owliver(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
^ grin grin grin sad
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
chomchom1:
Pls I need to buy and start selling it here at east.. Pls how much is one bag of onion and dry fish... U wil also sent it to me undecided

Hello sir.

The landing cost of a bag of onions to the east is 7,500. As for the dry fish, Im not into fish but I will help you out when you are ready sir.
Delivery is not an issue sir.
Thank you sir.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Roland17(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
You exhibit the true strength of an African Woman, every one can not be an entrepreneur but I am hoping your thread inspires one young lady to venture into something similar rather than wait for some money milling husband, boyfriend or imaginary job.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
angelinvestor:
Oga Fhemmmy, i hail o. You like business no be small...I always see you on every thread that has to do with business opportunities....I dey your back jare....Regardless of the economy, we are making money this year. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My chairman, me sef wan drive FX oh..it our year of supernatural breakthrough and of uncommon success sir..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
Belexy:

You can get fresh pomo as u said. Most are fresh in d market.

OK.... nice one
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Fhemmmy: 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Belexy:

Fhemmy, u dey here also shocked

My brother, I no sabi steal so i have to follow where it is happening smiley smiley
I am flood by this woman's zeal and humility..... such takes us far in life

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by OpraMenu(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Reddit:

I can confirm to you that they do eat donkey in a state called Ebonyi in the East, in short that's their major source of meat.

You guys are doing a great job out there. Massive respect.

May God continue to bless your hustle.
they are selling it in pretence as bush meat or goat meat. wicked people you said right ? Yea That's The truth, they sell it to unsuspecting people and first timers
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Reddit: 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
OpraMenu:
they are selling it in pretence as bush meat or goat meat. wicked people you said right ? Yea That's The truth, they sell it to unsuspecting people and first timers

You're very right. The best thing is to abstain from meat while in that state.
I served there and that's the basic truth. The meat is always dark in colour.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Demmzy15(m): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nowenuse:

Zamfara is very much peaceful i agree, but Katsina on the other hand is not so peaceful.
The 2011 post election violence there was terrible.
Yeah that's true, but they're one of the best States in the North!
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by queensmith: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
That is the cutest little baby ever! !!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Orubebe01: 4:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
Lala247:

Hmmmdont rlly knkw wt to say smiley undecided
ur area of specialization is on romance.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
My mouth is watering just looking at this thread except the donkey part though.
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Flets: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nowenuse:
This thread in a way is for those silly Southernerns (especially Niger deltans n Igbos) who like to call the Northerners & middlebelters parasites.....

Northernerns damn contribute to this country with their hard labour, tilling & sweating the ground while all those Niger deltans, just because they are blessed with oil & gas rescources which they did not spend their own private money n sweat to develop, they keep running their mouths anyhow.

The OP deserves all the praises she is getting and even more.

But I won't allow you get away with this rubbish. We agree we need each other but the level of contribution is the highest fraud.

The crude from the SS gets exploited and goes direct into government coffers from where it is shared across all states including the north. The Niger deltans are not directly managing their resources and are not direct benefficiaries of same.

Turning it back to the north, the north directly manages its resources and retains its gain 100%. They don't pay tax on their agricultural products and yet get subsidized fertilizer funded by crude oil funds. All the agricultural products are paid for by Nigerians.... Its not free.

But the crude oil generated revenue in the form of monthly allocation is free to the north. Be properly guided.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by lordhugo(m): 4:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
[size=25pt]One dress fro Zamfara to Kebbi to Sokoto to Katsina and even to Niger!

I need to know the name of your deoderant!
[/size]

P.S. May God bless your Hustle Ma!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
lordhugo:
[size=25pt]One dress fro Zamfara to Kebbi to Sokoto to Katsina and even to Niger!

I need to know the name of your deoderant!
[/size]

P.S. May God bless your Hustle Ma!
Abeg no kill me with laff.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by SHAAWA: 5:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
Owliver:
not every muslim. According to my friend, if not for a woman who informed my friend and fellow corpers who knows what would have happened that day. that's why education I needed in that north. Although they are now trying compared to before but more still need to be done. I tell you if they take education seriously couple with agriculture they'll be greater than any other region. Thanks for joining me in derailing this thread grin

the person that opened this thread saw an opportunity took it and she is making money and getting praise as well. There you are making opinion and holding back because you were misinformed. talking as if all southerners are educated. Take d chance if you will, come to the North,I can assure you that you will have a different opinion. Connected one Ibo boy for a job in zamfara.Took the chance and now he is like a family, zamfara is his now second home.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by naijaboiy: 5:40pm On Apr 25, 2015
I can count the number of females that have made a post on this thread. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by naijaboiy: 5:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
Why are you people trying to tribalise this thread too?

Nawa o undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by write2obi(m): 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
I can count the number of females that have made a post on this thread. grin
Why would they? this is not about shoes , human hairs or bags grin
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by fostermd(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nice thread,very informative and encouraging.
Kudos to Catered4,you will certainly go places.
God bless you and your family

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by naijaboiy: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

Why would they? this is not about shoes , human hairs or bags grin
grin
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by kniru: 6:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
----

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by anonimi: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
jasper7:
hello ma, I just have to say how much I appreciate what you're doing... It's amazing. you are facing some of the most challenging areas in the value chain. untill you have negotiated with a distributor, you never realise that farming is the easy part.

I have saved your number and you'll be hearing from me soon. Shalom.

Catered4 thanks for sharing.

I think you should be doing extensive RESEARCH on options for moving up the value chain aiming at packaging the food items PROPERLY and attractively for supermarkets, restaurants etc.

The reality is that the middle class is growing again and as people get more jobs they will need greater CONVENIENCE that they are ready to pay a little extra for.

May the good Lord continue to bless your hustle and please keep sharing to motivate others such that even the economy of these remote northern areas are also impacted with possible reduction in idleness of their youth for easy enrolment with Boko Haram.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by ricki: 6:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Just one question - Do you have any younger sisters preferably single?
I might even date ur donkey just to get into your family. grin

waiting for your reply patiently....

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 25, 2015
Wow shocked
Catered4 you're really an inspiration.
And your little girl is sooooooo cute cheesy
God bless your family

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
ricki:
Just one question - Do you have any younger sisters preferably single?
I might even date ur donkey just to get into your family. grin

waiting for your reply patiently....

cheesy Lmao oooo
Date the donkey shocked
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by plaetton: 6:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
DExplorer1:
Some men to their wife, gonna be like. . . I think this woman needs to be productive (not only producing babies). LOL

@OP. I'm beginning to think all job seekers should find a skill in agriculture. Also, to business owners. . .investing could be a great idea as most ROI takes between 80-90% profit. I'm taking a path soon.
You hit the nail on the head bros.
Agricultural production, processing, distribution and marketing can easily absorb 10-20 million unemployed Nigerians.
If you can buy something in one state, transport it to another state to make a profit, then why are people claiming they can't find a means to earn a decent living ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by anonimi: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
Forgot to add that the research will need to include the optimal time for the items to become appropriately RIPE without getting spoilt while retaining the best taste and still fresh for a few days.

Collaboration with our agricultural research institutes will prove useful in this regard.

Cheers!!!
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by mcrol(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
@catered4, I am willing, keen and determined not just to work but to also follow and learn. pls I don't want to go into stories Co's I'm sure u know how frustrating and choiceless the life of joblessness and idleness could be. please help me out and I will forever remain indebted to u... even if your wagon is full I Am still sure u can still link me up with another driver who will always take me there (proverb ).

looking forward to hearing from you........
God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by igbsam(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
you just inspired me

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
mcrol:
@catered4, I am willing, keen and determined not just to work but to also follow and learn. pls I don't want to go into stories Co's I'm sure u know how frustrating and choiceless the life of joblessness and idleness could be. please help me out and I will forever remain indebted to u... even if your wagon is full I Am still sure u can still link me up with another driver who will always take me there (proverb ).

looking forward to hearing from you........
God bless you real good.

Please call me sir
Re: A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2015
sassychic:
Wow shocked
Catered4 you're really an inspiration.
And your little girl is sooooooo cute cheesy
God bless your family

Amen, Thank you ma cheesy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (31) (Reply)

Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond) / Cattle Fattening/goat Farming/dairy farm For Small Holder Farmer, pix / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 100 Broilers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.