Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Enough with the Tension..think Xenophobia! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough with the Tension..think Xenophobia! (571 Views)

FG-Ijaw Talks Spark Ethnic Tension In Niger Delta / Tension As Oil Spill Destroy Communities In Niger Delta / Killing Of Bridget Agbaheme In Kano, A Pastor’s Wife Causes Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enough with the Tension..think Xenophobia! by austinvsb1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
In the light of the recent 'xenophobia' happening in south Africa..Its dawned on me freshly that war and killings aint no joke. Ofcourse i am very well aware of the conditions and spoils of war but i am particularly worried about the recent tribal tension between the yorubas and Igbos in Lagos.

I want to state for records sakes that despite my provoked utterances towards the igbos on this forum, i have always tried to imagine some igbos dear to my heart as basically non-existent when i utter words like flatt.ies, chest.beaters and several others.

This set of people that are igbo include but are not limited to celebrities ( Donjazzy, Iyanya, Phyno 'that nigga doesnt even have a Igbo lol'. My Bestfriend (Tony 'we party together basically every weekend including last friday, Go to the same church and play fifa in my place almost every sunday, he even introduced my immediate ex-girlfriend to me, this dude is my bro from a different Ma'. And Finally My girlfriend, there is probably no one in the world more dear than my 'cynth', speaks yoruba so good that sometimes i forget she's deltan. My weakness, sanity and heartbeat, she even voted Ambode coz of me 'so to speak'.

There are a host of others that i meet and they are pretty nice people, I guess there are bad eggs admist the igbos but this is same with the yorubas and hausas. No Tribe is perfect but i love my immediate igbo peeps, they'v been more than lovely.

I just hope we can all get past the tribal tension of the past few days, I for one would not want Donjazzy, my hommie 'Tony' and cynthia to end up in the lagoon or for whatever reason get caught up in between a tribal war between the yorubas and the igbos.

Meanwhile...Lagos is NOT a no man's land.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enough with the Tension..think Xenophobia! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
embarassed
Re: Enough with the Tension..think Xenophobia! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
cry cry cry thank u. The e-warriors are the ones fuelling tribalism. I personally have almost been turned to a tribal bigot. Truth is tho, u cannot continue to attack my kinsmen and expect that I shut up or pat you in d back. Well again. Thank you. My thanks are for personal reasons..I appreciate this embarassed

(1) (Reply)

IMF Lauds Nigeria’s Response To Declining Oil Prices / Akwa Ibom Apc Forum Press Release / CABINET FORMATION: South West Govs In Quandary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.