Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire (36339 Views)

Buhari Receives President François Hollande In The State House / President Buhari Receives President Of Niger Republic (see Pictures). / Bola Tinubu Receives President Of Guinea, Alpha Condé, At Lagos Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by cap28: 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
GenBuhari:
Gbabo was an elected president and declared winner by his country's constitutional court.

Gbabo treatment is reserved for African leaders who refuse to be stooges of the white neocolonialist nations.

Interesting that Quattara claims to have come to congratulate GEJ for conceding defeat, something he himself failed to do after Gbabo was declare winner by the courts.

General did you read that article I posted about Buhari?

Apparently his PR team were using Obama's spin doctors. Never knew Buhari would be cuddling up so close to the US, I hope you can see the handwriting on the wall now.

Your man's ass has been bought and paid for.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by sethken: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
kennydee05:
Ok
Birds of a feather.
President Ouattara Alassane taught Laurent Gbagbo a very big lesson
While General Mohammad Buhari did the same thing to President Goodluck Jonathan

The French pushed Gbagbo out of power, and not Quattara...It took a contingent of French Commandos to overrun Gbagbo. Quttara is a French stooge. He may not be reelected anyways.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Demdem(m): 11:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Even world leaders simply can't wait to completely get rid of the fool currently in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by cap28: 11:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
sethken:

The French pushed Gbagbo out of power, and not Quattara...It took a contingent of French Commandos to overrun Gbagbo. Quttara is a French stooge. He may not be reelected anyways.

Ouattara is a front man of French imperialists and he acted on behalf of his neo colonialists masters to oust Gbagbo. Therefore the question now is why is he consorting with Buhari who claims that he has come to save the masses from the iniquity of Badluck Jona and his collaborators. Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are, why is Buhari hanging out with a known imperialist puppet, traitor and stooge?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by igbo2011(m): 11:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
cap28:

big time puppet, murderer and traitor to the Ivorien people, I wonder what sort of advice he is planning on giving to Buhari.

So far Buhari seems to be playing ball with the IMF - he's about to raise the price of petrol, I hope he is going to be ready for the backlash

What else is he doing that is bad?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Rick9(m): 12:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Mutuwa:

The lord works in mysterious ways.I wonder where the gejtill2019 morons are..they have been muted by shame...
Ahahahah yeah and the new anthem is now #BuhariTill2027
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by cap28: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2015
igbo2011:

What else is he doing that is bad?

He plans to continue Badluck Jona's legacy of selling off govt owned assets to private investors (ie cronies of Jona and foreigners) for chicken change all in the name of privatisation - this will condemn Nigerians further and further into a state of abject poverty - privatisation does not benefit Nigeria, it only enriches cronies and hangers ons of the corrupt Nigerian govt.

APC has no answers to Nigeria's problems, they are actually relying on the imperialists to fund them and keep them in power.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by igbo2011(m): 12:12am On Apr 21, 2015
This documentary is propaganda for the west against true African heroes like Gbagbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6XQiF-avHs
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by cap28: 12:21am On Apr 21, 2015
igbo2011:
This documentary is propaganda for the west against true African heroes like Gbagbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6XQiF-avHs

Bros, is this an anti Gbagbo documentary?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by cap28: 12:42am On Apr 21, 2015
The West need to keep Africa under their control because they stand to lose so much if we break free from them, look at how much money these western multinationals are siphoning out of the continent, do you see how clever they are? They always keep the spotlight on our corrupt politicians while they hide in the background stealing billions, they make our politicians look like inexperienced amateurs:

[b]Africa subject to billions in illicit capital flight

By Thabo Seseane Jr.
11 February 2015

A report adopted by the African Union on February 1 indicates that African g overnments are losing some US$5 billion a year in unpaid taxes, royalties and other charges as companies, criminals and wealthy individuals illegally siphon money from the continent.

The report ranks South Africa third, behind Nigeria and Egypt, in terms of cumulative losses between 1970 and 2008, which it says amounted to US$81.8 billion or 11.4 percent of Africa’s total illicit capital outflows. It was authored by a panel established in 2012 by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and headed by former South African president Thabo Mbeki.

Speaking at the report’s launch, Mbeki contrasted the estimated US$50 billion annual outflow to the total inflow of US$25 billion of aid and foreign direct investment. However, thanks to its opacity , the unlawful expatriation of capital from Africa is hard to quantify.

A 2008 study covering the years 2002 to 2006 found that the continent lost US$859 billion in cumulative capital flight. This compares to a 2010 study of the period 1970 to 2008, which arrived at a figure of between US$854 billion and US$1.8 trillion in illegally lost capital.

Whatever the actual figures, they represent a huge loss of revenue for African states, with mining and fossil fuel companies accused of being the worst culprits for the continent’s capital loss and resulting underdevelopment. A report by Sarah Bracking and Khadija Sharife on the South African diamond mining sector put the 2011 value of all uncut production at US$1.73 billion. The authors found that the biggest companies, De Beers and Petra Diamonds, accounting for 95 percent of all production, paid just US$11 million in royalties for 2010 to 2011.

Other studies expressed illegal capital flight as a ratio of gross domestic product (GDP). According to research cited by Jeff Rudin, associate researcher at the Alternative Information and Development Centre (AIDC) in Cape Town, illicit capital flight increased from 9.2 percent of GDP in 1994 to 23 percent in 2007. “This means,” Rudin observes, “that, at the same time the government was implementing Thatcherite neoliberal policies to bring foreign investment to South Africa, a vastly greater volume of capital was leaving our country.”
[/b]

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/02/11/afri-f11.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by otipoju(m): 1:09am On Apr 21, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
cc IbnSultaan, I can tell you are one of the inner caucus of GMB. Please I would like to see updates on the activities of our president select. Thanks. I speak for myself oh.

Are you sure that the only thing you need is updates. Sharp woman
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by 360command: 1:13am On Apr 21, 2015
kennydee05:
Ok
Birds of a feather.
what do you know about ivorian politics? You and others who seems to talk positive about Ouattara.. If you don't know let me break it down to you.. Imagine you as a president elect using NIGER-DELTA MILITANTS to fight for you, eventually you won.. Thereby keeping the likes of Asari,tom polo etc in one form of big post like minister, army staff chief etc... People who do no have any form of education, people who cannot speak good english etc seems to be at the top position .. This is what Ouattara did as he came to power..
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 21, 2015
I believe that you have rushed to early to conclusions for the following reasons:

1. News stories are not always true; have you confirmed with a reliable source in the APC campaign team?

2. Even if the campaign team did indeed hire Obama's spin doctors, does it mean that Buhari knew about their links with Obama or if he did he see the evil in America in the same way you and I see them.

3. Have you forgotten the assassination attempt on buhari by suicide bomber that would almost certainly have been blamed on America sponsored and controlled Boko Haram. So how does that show Buhari is cuddling up to America.

4. It may be part of plan to allow Buhari his well deserved victory in the polls with the hope that when Buhari's mandate to rule is denied, the anger in North may trigger the type of sectarian violence that may set Nigeria alight justifying UN and NATO intervention to split Nigeria.
cap28:

General did you read that article I posted about Buhari?

Apparently his PR team were using Obama's spin doctors. Never knew Buhari would be cuddling up so close to the US, I hope you can see the handwriting on the wall now.

Your man's ass has been bought and paid for.

Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by igbo2011(m): 3:51am On Apr 21, 2015
cap28:

Bros, is this an anti Gbagbo documentary?

Yes it is, propaganda from the left wing.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by NobleG1(m): 4:20am On Apr 21, 2015
raumdeuter:
Nice one

Also Mr Quattara, can you share the blueprint for the "Gbagbo treatment",

Just in case we need it for the President Jonathan

And also baboon Obasanjo.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Makbo: 4:41am On Apr 21, 2015
kennydee05:
Ok
Birds of a feather.

Ouattara is a despicable shameful French puppet used to topple the dignified and visionary son of Africa by the name of Laurent Gbagbo. You should get more educated about what going on inside the francophone countries in Africa, where colonial taxes are still being paid to blood sucker France, and where national presidential palaces are still being rented by France to African so-called independent countries. Ouattara is just rushing to Nigeria to seal the same devilish deal he made with rookie Jonathan Goodluck that drove Ivory Coast into chaos. Buhari who embodies hope for Nigeria and the whole west Africa should stay clear from this rogue sold out character like Allasan Ouattara.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by demelza: 6:15am On Apr 21, 2015
raumdeuter:
Nice one

Also Mr Quattara, can you share the blueprint for the "Gbagbo treatment",

Just in case we need it for the President Jonathan
LMAO!
Omo werey!
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:01am On Apr 21, 2015
otipoju:

Are you sure that the only thing you need is updates. Sharp woman
Yes, that's all I need.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by jomoh: 7:30am On Apr 21, 2015
freemanbubble:
african leaders are bunch of idiots since 1895. People who caused the death of thousands in ivorycoast alongside gbagbo. Shame on african leaders. No sense of shame.
President jonathan remain our hero

Ode ni e.

Did your Jonah get shame. If he get shame he no go even contest after over 15,000 human beings have been killed under his watch and more than a Million turned into refugees in their own country.

You're just a shameless and useless hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by monlawal(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2015
IbnSultaan are you close to the corridors of power?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Leojamesjames(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Don't mind me, just find it funny
Oceemo:
and so? So every buhari u see now is d general?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Leojamesjames(m): 7:42am On Apr 21, 2015
;DDon't mind me, just find it funny
Oceemo:
and so? So every buhari u see now is d general?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Brownhypo: 7:55am On Apr 21, 2015
grin[b][/b]MAKE I SEE ROAD JOR!
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by jibrilaminu003(m): 10:00am On Apr 21, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Buhari receives #President Ouattara Alassane of Côte d'Ivoire

OMG!!!!!!!! See HERO
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by Forwetinnah: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pictures speak volume. ...not a friendly visit I see
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by ManTiger(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
hansad:

One or two years from now, wish that your optimism be it. But.....
Let's be positive bro, Nigeria Shall be great Again.

If this administration is not run like that of Abacha who looted the country dry, Like Obj under whose administration ship and satellite disappear and nothing happened, like Jonathan who believe stealing is not corruption...

Nigeria Shall be Great!
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by samsard(m): 4:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
aanumama:
That's what I call presidential, not jumping plane to meet ordinary secretary from another country.
I no mention name o cheesy cheesy
As a matter of fact, US secretary of state is arguably of higher international standing than Quattara. Same goes for the chinese foreign minister. Do you really think all presidents are equal?
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by isalegan2: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
cap28:
IMF puppet Allassane Ouatarra is in Nigeria to pay homage to Buhari our newly inducted imperialist puppet and IMF errand boy - I used to have a lot of respect for Buhari but now I realise that every one has a price, Buhari wanted power at all costs and was willing to sell his soul to the demonic imperialists, okay lets see how this is going to end.

Wow! I just saw this thread! Quatarra or whatever he calls himself is the worst excuse for a human being there is out there leading an African nation. That guy is a puppet of the French just like Houphouët-Boigny was.

Throughout his presidency, Houphouët-Boigny maintained a close relationship with France, a policy known as Françafrique, and he built a close friendship with Jacques Foccart, the chief adviser on African policy in the de Gaulle and Pompidou governments. He aided the conspirators who ousted Kwame Nkrumah from power in 1966, took part in the coup against Mathieu Kérékou in 1977, and was suspected of involvement in the 1987 coup that removed Thomas Sankara from power in Burkina Faso. Houphouët-Boigny maintained a strong anti-communist foreign policy, which resulted in, among other things, severing diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union in 1969 (after first establishing relations in 1967) and refusing to recognise the People's Republic of China until 1983. He provided assistance to UNITA, a United States-supported, anti-communist rebel movement in Angola. In 1986 he re-established relations with the Soviet Union, shortly before the fall of its confederation.

Cap, did you know a lot of the upheavals, wars and assassinations of African leaders in the 50s, 60s, 70s that were initiated or supported by France were routed through Ivory Coast and Houphouët-Boigny for propaganda and implementation? Including Ojukwu's demand for Biafra and the war that cost so many lives?!

Buhari should not breathe the same air as that Quattara despot. Quattara spent his time at IMF being properly prepared to be the next great traitor of the African people (just like Okonjo-Iweala). This is very bad. This accursed brute shouldn't even be president of Cote d'Ivoire. He should be in a jail sweating while being charged with treason and war crimes. https://www.nairaland.com/919560/cote-divoire-one-year-after

Françafrique[edit]
Throughout his presidency, Houphouët-Boigny surrounded himself with French advisers, such as Guy Nairay, Chief of Staff from 1960 to 1993, and Alain Belkiri, Secretary-General of the Ivorian government, whose influence extended to all areas.[93] This type of diplomacy, which he labelled "Françafrique", allowed him to maintain very close ties with the former colonial power, making Côte d'Ivoire France's primary African ally. Whenever one country would enter an agreement with an African nation, the other would unconditionally give its support. Through this arrangement, Houphouët-Boigny built a close friendship with Jacques Foccart, the chief adviser on African policy in the de Gaulle and Pompidou governments.[5]

Destabilization of revolutionary regimes[edit]
By claiming independence for Guinea through the 28 September 1958 French constitutional referendum, Ahmed Sékou Touré had not only defied de Gaulle, but also his fellow African, Houphouët-Boigny.[60] He distanced himself from Guinean officials in Conakry and the Guinean Democratic Party was excluded from the RDA.[94] Tensions between Houphouët-Boigny and Touré also began to rise due to the conspiracies of the French intelligence agency SDECE against the Sékou Touré regime.[95] In January 1960, Houphouët-Boigny delivered small arms to former rebels in Man, Côte d'Ivoire and incited his council in 1965 to agree to taking part in an attempt to overthrow Sékou Touré.[96] In 1967, he promoted the creation of the Front national de libération de la Guinée (FNLG; English: National Front for the Liberation of Guinea), a reserve of men ready to plot the downfall of Sékou Touré.[97]

Houphouët-Boigny's relationship with Kwame Nkrumah, the leader of neighboring Ghana, degraded considerably following Guinea's independence, due to Nkrumah's financial and political support for Sékou Touré.[98] After Sékou Touré convinced Nkrumah to support the secessionist Sanwi in Côte d'Ivoire, Houphouët-Boigny began a campaign to discredit the Ghanaian regime.[98] He accused Nkrumah of trying to destabilise Côte d'Ivoire in 1963, and called for the Francophone states to boycott the Organisation of African Unity (OAU) conference scheduled to take place in Accra. Nkrumah was ousted from power in 1966 in a military coup; Houphouët-Boigny allowed the conspirators to use Côte d'Ivoire as a base to coordinate the arrival and departure of their missions.[99]

Also in collaboration with Foccart, Houphouët-Boigny took part in the attempted coup of 16 January 1977 led by famed French mercenary Bob Denard against the revolutionary regime of Mathieu Kérékou in Dahomey.[100] Houphouët-Boigny, in order to fight against the Marxists in power in Angola, also lent his support to Jonas Savimbi's UNITA party, whose feud with the MPLA party led to the Angolan Civil War.[101]

Despite his reputation as a destabiliser of regimes, Houphouët-Boigny granted refuge to Jean-Bédel Bokassa, after the exiled Central African Republic dictator had been overthrown by French paratroopers in September 1979. This move was met with international criticism, and thus, having become a political and financial burden to Houphouët-Boigny, Bokassa was expelled from Côte d'Ivoire in 1983.[4]

Alignment with France[edit]
Houphouët-Boigny was a participant in the November 1960 Congo Crisis, a period of political upheaval and conflict in Congo-Kinshasa.[102] The Ivorian leader supported President Joseph Kasa-Vubu, an opponent of Lumumba, and followed France in supporting the controversial Congolese Prime Minister Moise Tshombe.[103] Tshombe, disliked by much of Africa, was passionately defended by Houphouët-Boigny and was even invited into OCAM in May 1965.[103] After the overthrow of Kasa-Vubu by General Mobutu in November 1965, the Ivorian president supported, in 1967, a plan proposed by the French secret service which aimed to bring the deposed Congolese leader back into power. The operation was a failure. In response, Houphouët-Boigny decided to boycott the fourth annual summit of the OAU held in September 1967 in Kinshasa.[104]

Houphouët-Boigny was also a major contributor to the political tensions in Biafra. Considering Nigeria a potential danger to French-influenced African states, Foccart sent Houphouët-Boigny and Lieutenant-Colonel Raymond Bichelot on a mission in 1963 to monitor political developments in the country.[105] The opportunity to weaken the former British colony presented itself in May 1967, when Biafra, led by Lieutenant-Colonel Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, undertook to secede from Nigeria. French-aligned African countries supported the secessionists who, provided with mercenaries and weapons by Jean Mauricheau-Beaupré, began a civil war.[106] By the end of the 1960s, French-supported nations suddenly and openly distanced themselves from France and Côte d'Ivoire's position on the civil war.[107] Isolated on the international scene, both countries decided to suspend their assistance to Ojukwu, who eventually went into exile in Côte d'Ivoire.

At the request of Paris, Houphouet-Boigny began forging relations with South Africa in October 1970, justifying his attitude by stating that "[t]he problems of racial discrimination, so painful, so distressing, so revolting to our dignity of Negros, must not be resolved, we believe, by force."[108] He even proposed to the OAU in June 1971 that they follow his lead. In spite of receiving some support, his proposal was rejected. This refusal did not, however, prevent him from continuing his attempts to approach the Pretoria regime. His attempts bore fruit in October of that year, when a semi-official meeting between a delegation of high level Ivorian officials and South African Prime Minister B. J. Vorster was held in the capital of South Africa. Moreover, mindful of the Communist influence in Africa, he met Vorster in Geneva in 1977, after the Soviet Union and Cuba tried to collectively spread their influence in Angola and Ethiopia.[30] Relations with South Africa continued on an official basis until the end of his presidency.[109]

Houphouët-Boigny and Thomas Sankara, the leader of Burkina Faso, had a highly turbulent relationship. Tensions reached their climax in 1985 when Côte d'Ivoire Burkinabés accused authorities of being involved in a conspiracy to forcibly recruit young students to training camps in Libya.[110] Houphouët-Boigny responded by inviting the dissident Jean-Claude Kamboulé to take refuge in Côte d'Ivoire so that he could organise opposition to the Sankara regime. In 1987, Sankara was overthrown and assassinated in a coup.[111] The coup may have had French involvement, since the Sankara regime had fallen into disfavour in France.[112] Houphouët-Boigny was also suspected of involvement in the coup and in November, the PDCI asked the government to ban the sale of Jeune Afrique following its allegations that Houphouët-Boigny had participated in the coup.[113] The Ivorian president would have greatly benefited from the divisions in the Burkina Faso government, so he contacted Blaise Compaoré, the second-most powerful man in the regime. It is believed that they worked in conjunction with the Laurent Dona Fologo, Robert Guéï and Pierre Ouédraogo to overthrow the Sankara regime.[114][115]

Besides supporting policies pursued by France, Houphouët-Boigny also influenced their actions in Africa. He pushed France to s[b]upport and provide arms to warlord Charles Taylor's rebels[/b] during the First Liberian Civil War in hopes of receiving some of the country's assets and resources after the war.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9lix_Houphou%C3%ABt-Boigny

If you don't like Wikipedia, there's similar information all over the place. Quattara was Prime Minister under Houphouët-Boigny, and is now simply continuing his self-loathing anti-African NEO-COLONIALIST agenda.
Re: Buhari Receives President Ouattara Alassane Of Côte D'ivoire by isalegan2: 6:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Makbo:

Ouattara is a despicable shameful French puppet used to topple the dignified and visionary son of Africa by the name of Laurent Gbagbo. You should get more educated about what going on inside the francophone countries in Africa, where colonial taxes are still being paid to blood sucker France, and where national presidential palaces are still being rented by France to African so-called independent countries. Ouattara is just rushing to Nigeria to seal the same devilish deal he made with rookie Jonathan Goodluck that drove Ivory Coast into chaos. Buhari who embodies hope for Nigeria and the whole west Africa should stay clear from this rogue sold out character like Allasan Ouattara.

Thank you, my African brother!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See This APC Advert About FFK on Vanguard(picture) / Ban Sports Betting Apps, Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.