Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

(ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? (1482 Views)

Most Female Romancelanders Have Run Away Because Of Jude Efcc / To The Ladies... Why Do You Have Boyfriends??? / 10 Claims Of Most Female Romancelanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2015
Seriously though, all too often we find guys being friends with themselves for a lifetime or for many years (at least). But with ladies friendships end in the blink of an eye, it doesn't even survive months most times, and you smell so much hatred between once upon a time BFFs. Many end up not talking for several decades, become sworn enemies and may never reconcile.

Ladies honestly though, why is this very common among you guys? Why do you let jealousy come between your friendships too often?

PS I respect the ladies a lot, but it's so hard to see 'female friends' stay friends.

1 Like

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Garrirevenge(f): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Because we are just too complicate even to ourselves. Just a little issue that guys will laugh over can cause a war between ladies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Garrirevenge:
Because they just a complicated being even to themselves. Just a little issue that guys will laugh over can cause a war between ladies.

It is indeed pathetic!
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 21, 2015
Op you are correct.

I've been a victim of such before and I swear I still don't get it all.I be like mumu for the whole matter. I tired to make amends even for what I didn't know much about but all effort proved proved negative. It affected me so much that.....chai.... No matter how I explain i don't think I will be able to say it like I want to but it was not easy for me. We wey no get mind for wahàla. undecided

I use to care but now no more.I no even dey see anybody. I don park well and face my life. Guys rock I tell you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 12:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Herzumpther:
Op you are correct.

I've been a victim of such before and I swear I still don't get it all.I be like mumu for the whole matter. I tired to make amends even for what I didn't know much about but all effort proved proved negative. It affected me so much that.....chai.... No matter how I explain able't think I will be able to say it like I want to but it was not easy for me. We wey no get mind for wahàla. undecided

I use to care but now no more.I no even dey see anybody. I don park well and face my life. Guys rock I tell you.

The matter tire everybody I swear lol
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 21, 2015
Hila12:

The matter tire everybody I swear lol
The thing pain me eh. I con be like person wey wan kolo. I was wondering.... If at all I committed that much don't I deserve forgiveness and a second Chance? Who is perfect?

Honestly I can't do female BFF again because I don't have the strength

Well maybe because we are different. I get angry o, no matter what it is I go vex for that first 5 minutes and e go end. I don't have space in my heart to store enemies and fight but like I said, that's me and people are different.

Anyway that's past now, life goes on.

1 Like

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 12:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Herzumpther:
The thing pain me eh. I con be like wan wan kolo. I was wondering.... If at all I committed that much don't I deserve forgiveness and a second Chance? Who is perfect?

Honestly I can't do female BFF again because I don't have the strength

Well maybe because we are different. I get angry o, no matter what it is I go vex for that first 5 minutes and e go end. I don't have space in my heart to store enemies and fight but like I said, that's me and people are different.

Fair enough, but guys are different too yet they make friendships work...why can't the ladies?

Is it one of those things that can't be explained ? Lol
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Op a wise man once said and I quote

“Women Are Enemies Of Themselves”

And nobody have been able to prove him wrong since then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 21, 2015
Hila12:

Fair enough, but guys are different too yet they make friendships work...why can't the ladies?
That's what I don't know. I have this friend I met in my 100 level days, we fought and all and still fight till today but she didn't leave me. With all my flaws she stayed with me even after knowing who I really am. I'm proud of her. She iz all I've got for now till I make new friends....Guys hopefully. wink
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 12:58am On Apr 21, 2015
Herzumpther:
That's what I don't know. I have this friend I met in my 100 level days, we fought and all and still fight till today but she didn't leave me. With all my flaws she stayed with me even after knowing who I really am. I'm proud of her. She iz all I've got for now till I make new friends....Guys hopefully. wink

Your last statement sounds like you'll be dumping her soon lol (same thing the topic is all about).
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 21, 2015
Man this is so true....I think many times your BFF is just an enemy in disguise. Women can pretend enh. Your biggest enemy is your bf most times.

1 Like

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 1:00am On Apr 21, 2015
Hila12:

Your last statement sounds like you'll be dumping her soon lol (same thing the topic is all about).
No I won't. I can't o. I will make male friends I mean. Mercy is going nowhere. wink
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 1:06am On Apr 21, 2015
rokiatu:
Man this is so true....I think many times your BFF is just an enemy in disguise. Women can pretend enh. Your biggest enemy is your bf most times.

Hmm. Ladies always say I love you babes to themselves but can't love enough to forgive?
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Yasher: 1:06am On Apr 21, 2015
The thing is, a lot of them don't have their own identity(so they can't feel comfortable under their own skin) that's why they always feel threatened by every other girl.

2 Likes

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by ronald4lif(m): 1:07am On Apr 21, 2015
Why won't they when they live a pretense life. When you see them laughing and joking among themselves you'll think it's from their heart. They will start talking all kinds of crap about the person moment later, that you thought was their bestie. angry

Has anyone noticed that girls hardly want their girlfriends meet their man of late? And when they eventually do they will keep close distance to him at all times thinking the friend might outsmart them by collecting the guys digit.

Tell me about real friends who can't trust each other, living a complicated life with so much hate and envy.

1 Like

Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 1:12am On Apr 21, 2015
Yasher:
The thing is, a lot of them don't have their own identity(so they can't feel comfortable under their own skin) that's why they always feel threatened by every other girl.

That's true. How on earth would ladies teach their children 'keeping friendships' when they can't keep one themselves?

Nice one Yasher!
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2015
ronald4lif:
Why won't they when they live a pretense life. When you see them laughing and joking among themselves you'll think it's from their heart. They will start talking all kinds of crap about the person moment later, that you thought was their bestie. angry

Has anyone noticed that girls hardly want their girlfriends meet their man of late? And when they eventually do they will keep close distance to him at all times thinking the friend might outsmart them by collecting the guys digit.

Tell me about real friends who can't trust each other, living a complicated life with so much hate and envy.

Spot on Ronald! Very true.

Seemingly so, the married ones are hardly in good terms with their mother-in-laws, and sister-in-laws too.

Pathetic!
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by ronald4lif(m): 1:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Hila12:

Spot on Ronald! Very true.

Seemingly so, the married ones are hardly in good terms with their mother-in-laws, and sister-in-laws too.

Pathetic!

No, it doesn't extend to that level. Mother-and sister in-laws have been come like a family, it's not a family thing but that of friends.

This hate and envious attitude is usually the case to their perceived contemporaries. Like she act like she's more beautiful than her, or that her ass or boobs are more firm than hers, or that she's got a richer boyfriend etc. They envy each other for trivial reasons. Very complicated sets of people. One will never understand women.
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Hila12(m): 1:33am On Apr 21, 2015
ronald4lif:

No, it doesn't extend to that level. Mother-and sister in-laws have been come like a family, it's not a family thing but that of friends.

This hate and envious attitude is usually the case to their perceived contemporaries. Like she act like she's more beautiful than her, or that her ass or boobs are more firm than hers, or that she's got a richer boyfriend etc. They envy each other for trivial reasons. Very complicated sets of people.

Fair enough, but I meant my previous statement. The discord among females rubs off on marriage and family. A leopard can't shed it's spots unfortunately!
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 21, 2015
Lol those are some cliches hun. Women are emotional and they act before thinking. The things we say and do to each other, although we regret it afterwards are too much for our emotional selfs to take. Our men only stay because of that natural connection but you'll have heard the filth that comes out of our mouths when we are hurt and when we direct that venom at our follow females they can't forget it and we can't forget it so we go our separate ways. I can only speak for me I guess but I have never felt jealous about another woman's body, finances or love life but I can't speak for others on these points.

ronald4lif:

This hate and envious attitude is usually the case to their perceived contemporaries. Like she act like she's more beautiful than her, or that her ass or boobs are more firm than hers, or that she's got a richer boyfriend etc. They envy each other for trivial reasons. Very complicated sets of people. One will never understand women.
Re: (ladies) Why Are Most Female Friendships Short Lived? by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok I have my best friends from primary school and my friends from high school. Yes we have done each other wrong and we have made up and broke up many times but we have all (4 of us) are still bff. We are sisters not friends. We've done some evil Shi to each other growing up but today our friendships are solid like a rock. That's because we all protect our relationships. We gossip about each other lol but we never ever cross the line. I was there at their weddings, births and I am their children's aunty. Friendships are like marriages if you don't work at them then they die. My bff from primary school lives in a different country and we went years aft losing contact and when she found my number you wouldn't think a day went past us because we picked up where we left off.

#I'm not lucky. I'm blessed.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pride!!! / Throw Back Photos Of Ini Edo. / Can You Love Somebody But Wouldn't Marry Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.