Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike (12362 Views)

Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown / High Price Of Kerosene And The Students Of PolyUnwana / Students Of Imo State University Protest Over Closure Of School By Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by donstevico(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2015
Yesterday students Of kogi state university marched to protest over the 1 month long strike embarked on by theAsuu chapter of KSU.the ASUU chapter met yesterday and promised to call off the strike as soon as the government gives them the money they are requesting for.the students decided to protest because they became tired of the numerous meetings embarked on by ASUU and the state government which has not produced the desired result.They blocked the gate of the school and refused to let vehicles pass through.student leaders have slated Wednesday for another protest which will be done in the kogi state capital lokoja.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by donstevico(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2015
Cc ishilove Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by donstevico(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2015
Cc ishilove Seun lalasticlala
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Young03(m): 11:25am On Apr 21, 2015
D 2 b4 me av spoiled my day
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2015
My sister still dey house dey fat.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2015
How can they keep students at home for personal interests that can be resolved without affecting people's future?

Learn about isoko people of Delta State here.
https://www.nairaland.com/2267051/isoko-people-delta-state-facts
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by zeekz(m): 11:30am On Apr 21, 2015
The strike has gone on for too long, abeg I won grad dis year and not 2016, Wada has to go after 4 years, my state cannot boast of significant infrastructural development, state workers have not been paid salary since last year etc, smh d state needs deliverance from politicians dat only want to chop and clean mouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2015
Dis kain country sef.. Eyaff tire me.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Isychrist(f): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2015
They wudnt allow Nigerian students to study and leave the school. * Say no to Strike in schools*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by destinysaid(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2015
The strike has really gone long enough, just pray ASUU ans them swiftly. ...m.... Only 6 comments
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Tonniey(m): 11:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Takia with this protest, or else the school authority will send u guys home indefinitely nd ur motif will b defeated....
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by benuejosh: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Were BSU (benue state university) STUDENTS. See what your colleagues are doing. Just one police hilux van una miss like smoke into tin air
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
kennygee:
My sister still dey house dey fat.

angry
Hey babe pix of your sister growing fat or Adonbilivit....n don't you dare post any lagbaja pics in here!

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
Young03:
D 2 b4 me av spoiled my day
heeheheh.. FTC
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by onlinebizz1: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
okay
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by christejames(m): 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
When would our leaders be responsible for once? ...I blame our anti-graft agency who are just barking like the toothless dog. #Idris Wada is a disappointment to governance (I'm not exonerating the lecturers though).
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by khalebzy(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2015
GEJ is the cause
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by takenadoh: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Na today!

Anyway dem say Change dey come, make una wait, OK?
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by leshluap(m): 11:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Those who make peaceful change impossible, make violent change inevitable. VIOLENCE is the only language our leaders understand.
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 21, 2015
SmartChoices:

Hey babe pix of your sister growing fat or Adonbilivit....n don't you dare post any lagbaja pics in here!

Aye Aye sir

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Protesting is good...the govt should pay up.

But the reality is that the university sector is seriously underfunded. And state governors are not helping matters by refusing to develop the kind of economy....ie an industrial/innovative economy....that would generate the finances that would enable them to fund a university adequately. And the Abuja chaps and lasses refuse to give us light.

In my opinion....pretty soon fees may end up increasing because somehow....funds must be found for the lecturer's salaries....and the facilites they would use to teach, and the facilities the students will use. One reason why I am not impressed by the federal universities the PDPians love to sing about is that there is no plan in place for future sustainability. And already....KSU is having that issue.

If you want strikes to end...and long term....KSU to be like Harvard and Oxford.....it takes money. Govt....even a non-corrupt government...cannot fund universities. And this strike is as a result of the KSU being too dependent on the Govt. KSU's council started looking for money

2 Likes

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2015
Useless bunch of old thieves, they want me to spend 10 years in medical school.. Aluta Continua, victoria acerta!!..
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by williamspaul22(m): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Good for them undecided
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by VickyRotex(f): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Wada has always been a figure head embarassed
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by zees(f): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
!!! JOB VACANCY!! - A Zoo in Jos city needs
someone to bath lions,take care of tigers,play
with crocodile and feed snakes. Salary 2
million naira per week with free
accommodation, feeding and official car. Pls
share it. Someone out there might need it.
Don't thank me... What are we friends for?
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Pavore9: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Sighs...while the governor's children are probably having their uninterrupted study abroad.

1 Like

Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by boolet: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok. Meanwhile, it should be done peacefully.
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by tunwumi: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Pavore9: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2015
grayht:
Dis kain country sef.. Eyaff tire me.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
kennygee:

Aye Aye sir
Kenny how can this be ur sis?... Oga o
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by sommyblaze(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Students Of Kogi State University Protest Over The 1 Month Long Strike by tayoxx(m): 11:43am On Apr 21, 2015
I Don tire for kogi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Correction Of Date Of Birth On Waec. Help!!! / SSANU: Strike Looms In Universities As FG Fails April Deadline Agreement / 2016/2017 JAMB CBT Possible/likely Objectives Questions & Answers For Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.