Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' (51971 Views)

Boko Haram Gave Me N200 To Detonate Explosive - Teenage Suicide Bomber / Suleiman Hashimu To Trek For Buhari Again / Hashimu Suleiman Reacts To Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by music4me(m): 1:13am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:

Let us assume he walked at approx 6km/hr in the basking sun without taking a break, he would cover just over 70km in 12 hrs. Lagos to ibadan is not less than 130km
If He Can Walk From Berger To Mowe i.e The Redeem Camp,Then Ibadan Is Not Far Off...
Lagos To Ibadan On A Goodday Is Not More Than 45minute By Car..
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by emiye(m): 1:25am On Apr 22, 2015
The full Lagos Ibdan expressway is like 130km, but even way before one gets to tollgate ibadan, it is assumed that he is in Ibadan. Lagos -ibadan outskirtss is like 80km. If he says he spent 13 hours to get to ibadan, i can identify with him.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by chibuike65: 2:07am On Apr 22, 2015
Lie lie na lie lie go kill you risbish there's God ooO
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by nigerianvenom(m): 3:50am On Apr 22, 2015
barcanista:
Left Lagos 5am arrived Ibadan 6pm.... Smh

Tales tales tales

It's actually a well prepared lie
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by 9jatriot(m): 5:33am On Apr 22, 2015
tobeetoe:

hey, learner, you can't work within Lagos in 12 hours talkless of ibadan. he passed ijebu ode etc. lol. fishy

If you could just put those two of yours to work, you may be amazed how under utilised they have been.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by uhuru2015: 5:57am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:
You can't walk lagos to ibadan in 12 hours. That smells fishy
The whole story smells fishy...
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:37am On Apr 22, 2015
jamex93:
Hope u get cert wet fit earn u FG appointment
he's gotten himself a job already....minister of WALKS!

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:44am On Apr 22, 2015
okotv:
my first comments on this guy. First of, nothing is impossible. If you trek regularly, this can be achieved. The major reason people are doubting this adventure is because of the national fame. He said he would and he did, that settles it for him.

Inspiration: Always be a person of your words. He was and now he has national fame.
Mo Farah will be like...i can cover de same distance in 7days!

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by gfullmoon(m): 6:50am On Apr 22, 2015
This man should make Olympic list soonest. What about me that trekked from Nigerian to USA? How are you people going to celebrate me?
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by ovice12(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2015
Dannyset:
Robbers on that route are killers, so guy u must help identify the guy for arrest. Next time take a snap with him since ur already a star.

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2015
mikolo80:
160km in 13hrs
are you serious
that is over 12 km per hour

i have personally run 43km in 3hrs+ but that is a one time thing
not sustainable for 19days

If you know what 43km is? In 3 hours , you be chettah?... I tire for nairalanders and their lies...
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Montete(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2015
I don't know maths very much but the possibility and probability he achieved it is zero.
kennydee05:
Suleiman Hashimu, will no doubt enter the Guiness Book of Record as the first man to trek from Lagos to Abuja.

‘The Traveller,’ as he is now been called, had vowed to walk from Lagos to Abuja if Muhammadu Buhari won the 2015 presidential election.

Hashimu arrived Abuja yesterday evening after trekking for over three weeks.

Hashimu, a native of Katsina State, said he was in Lagos when Buhari was announced the president-elect of Nigeria, so he left Lagos at about 5am the next day and arrived in Ibadan around 6pm.

Narrating his ordeal to newsmen upon his arrival in Abuja, Hashimu said he had gone to get a police report at Ibadan to allow for an unimpeded journey, but that as he could not wait for the processes to be completed, the divisional police officer (DPO) gave him his phone number.

The journey man said when he first embarked on the journey, many persons discouraged him, especially family members but he never gave up.

He told journalists that in Ilorin, people accompanied him for several miles until he stopped at Oloru, where he received much hospitality in Jebba. He said unlike other villages, he met people who had heard of him.

He further explained that about 20 people set off with him from Jebba and after some miles, 18 turned back, but the other two were more strong-minded and followed him.

The Traveller narrated how they encountered armed robbers close to Mokwa, but that, fortunately, he had already met one of them in Jebba and the would-be robber ended up giving him N200 for ‘pure’ (sachet) water.

Hashimu said he continued his trip from Mokwa to Kudu, then from Kutigi to Bida, and then to Suleja, after which arrived in Abuja yesterday.

Upon his arrival in Abuja on Monday, many residents were already waiting to receive him.

When residents of FCT saw him, the chorus of Sai Buhari rented the air.

Unconfirmed report said a top politician had already paid for a room in Transcorp Hilton where he would lodge.
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/04/21/robbers-gave-me-n200-pure-water-on-the-road-man-who-trekked-from-lagos-to-abuja/
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by wirinet(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2015
kennydee05:
Suleiman Hashimu, will no doubt enter the Guiness Book of Record as the first man to trek from Lagos to Abuja.
There is doubt he will enter the Guiness book of records. First he did not inform the Guiness Book of Records he intends to break a record, so that they would physically withness the process and i am sure walking the distance from Abuja is not a record.

Hashimu, a native of Katsina State, said he was in Lagos when Buhari was announced the president-elect of Nigeria, so he left Lagos at about 5am the next day and arrived in Ibadan around 6pm.
To little information to go with. Buhari was announced president elect early in the morning around 3 am, so he is telling us he had only about 2 hours to prepare for the journey. We need answers to questions like;

Where is he living in Lagos (that is if he resides in Lagos at all)?
What time did he leave home and at what time did he get to the Lagos toll gate?
What kit and gear did he carry along with him?
Did he stop at all along the journey? Did he stop to rest, eat, defecate, etc?
Where in Ibadan did he sleep for the night?

Narrating his ordeal to newsmen upon his arrival in Abuja, Hashimu said he had gone to get a police report at Ibadan to allow for an unimpeded journey, but that as he could not wait for the processes to be completed, the divisional police officer (DPO) gave him his phone number.

Which police station did he go to and why does ne require a police report? What use is a police report in treking from Lagos to Abuja? who does he expect to impede is journey. If he needed a police report or permission to trek, why did he not apply for such at police headquaters in Lagos before embarking on the trek?

The journey man said when he first embarked on the journey, many persons discouraged him, especially family members but he never gave up.
But he said he ambarked on the journey almost immediately Buhari was announced winner, so what time did members of his family have to try and dissuade him?

He told journalists that in Ilorin, people accompanied him for several miles until he stopped at Oloru, where he received much hospitality in Jebba. He said unlike other villages, he met people who had heard of him.
How come people in Ilorin and surrounding villages knew him and his mission? Even me living in urban Lagos would not recognize him if he stood in front of me. I only heard of him on Nairaland after he is said to have arrived Suleja. From the best of my knowledge, i do not think he had a press crew reporting his journey. Maybe Ilorin people and villagers are on Nairaland.

He further explained that about 20 people set off with him from Jebba and after some miles, 18 turned back, but the other two were more strong-minded and followed him.
Where are the photos of the people that followed him or is he saying neither hin nor any of his followers had a camera phone?

The Traveller narrated how they encountered armed robbers close to Mokwa, but that, fortunately, he had already met one of them in Jebba and the would-be robber ended up giving him N200 for ‘pure’ (sachet) water.
This one get as he be. How did he know they were armed robbers? was he a witness to their armed robbery operation or they simply walked up to him and introduced themselves as armed robbers. Then he said he already met one of the armed robbers at Jebba, was the armed robber walking along with him or trailing him?

Please Note: I am a Buhari Supporter.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by biggybanty7(m): 8:13am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:
mumu y not u even no Lagos
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by franzis(m): 8:16am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:
why can't he...what if he was in d outskirts of Lagos..maybe ikorodu ,abule egba or agbado...how many hours to get to Ogun state then
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by maclatunji: 8:57am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:

#Hehehehe

Why not?

Toll gate to toll gate.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by mikolo80: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2015
rychard:

If you know what 43km is? In 3 hours , you be chettah?... I tire for nairalanders and their lies...
yeah thats what i thought too until i had to do it with two rifles for a good portion.if you still don't believe google afaka airport road in kaduna and measure distance to nda old site
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by mikolo80: 9:08am On Apr 22, 2015
dabigwalls:

Bro, I salute o
for wetin
salute nigerian defence academy
i no know where dem de make us run to sef
when no be say we be special forces
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:
this ur "beef" dry pass kilishi o

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 22, 2015
DaGC:
Hehehe grin grin
They were probably impressed and felt sorry for him.

If truly, he accomplished this journey, Kudos to him.
I hate people who talk like you . People who always feel sad over others achievements. Please deal with it! The guy trekked it whether u believe it or not!

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by Forwetinnah: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Coc:K and Bull rubbish...trying to bring Buhari's victory to the fore? Sorry, GEJs concession already carried the day. Why would anyone even believe this comedy grin
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by ZITRAN: 9:59am On Apr 22, 2015
ibson99:
If you have faith you can move mountain. GEJ till 2019..
UR STILL JONZING
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by cee001(m): 10:05am On Apr 22, 2015
boolet:
This man needs to borrow some of his ZEAL to our leaders.
lend rather
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by boolet: 10:07am On Apr 22, 2015
cee001:
lend rather
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by gede7744(f): 10:25am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:

read d news again

it said over three weeks of trekking

and arrived abuja by 6pm. not on d same day he tool off
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by TexasR: 10:32am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:

The whole thing smells very fishy
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by TexasR: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2015
Forwetinnah:
Coc:K and Bull rubbish...trying to bring Buhari's victory to the fore? Sorry, GEJs concession already carried the day. Why would anyone even believe this comedy grin

I don't believe the scam

1 Like

Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by cbaba: 10:38am On Apr 22, 2015
GogetterMD:
. Oh Yes u CAN!!!!
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by dayowunmi(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2015
wandyvirus:

Let us put it in perspective: I live in Aguda, Surulere; my office is off Adeniran Ogunsanya street, Surulere. Distance between this 2 points (as the crow flies) is about 2.4Km. I have repeatedly made that walk to the office in less than 30mins.Most times leisurely. My point? 160km can be done in less than 13hrs. I have also walked from Iponrin (Ebutte-Meta) to Ajose Adeogun (V.I) an 11-12km stretch (again as the crow flies) in less than 3hours. I still trek long distances. His story is very believable,very achievable within the 20 days.

Am not conversant with ur area of lagos that much, but u walking from one area to another is different from state to state. From lagos to abuja he would av traversed lots of states, walking through a state then to another then to another... Also if ebutte metta to VI is 12km no way lagos to abuja can be 160km. While Doing 11-12km in a day is possible can u sustain it daily continously?
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by bumtos(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
kiss I don't believe this. It's a lie
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by DaGC(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2015
jcmaiah:

I hate people who talk like you . People who always feel sad over others achievements. Please deal with it! The guy trekked it whether u believe it or not!

This is just moronic. If giving kudos to someone for doing something is your definition of being 'sad', then bros you need to write WAEC again.
Re: Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' by jamex93(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
ben1daEbiri:
he's gotten himself a job already....minister of WALKS!

lolx

nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesters Hit Abuja Over Supreme Court Order On Old Naira (Photos) / Some Tinubu Supporters in Nnewi Celebrate Presidential Election Result (Video) / Curvy "Buharists" Show Their Support For The President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.