Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,050 members, 7,863,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Shut Down Mtn Now!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shut Down Mtn Now!!! (1111 Views)

Massive Crowd Burnt Down MTN Office. Pix. Was Your Line Blocked? / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 11:47am On Apr 21, 2015
It hurts me terribly that I have no powers to take decisions but if anyone having sufficient powers to influence policies, such a person should call for immediate closure of MTN regardless of its consequences.

The pride of Nigeria is at stake and if we turn a blind eye to the deaths of our brothers because we fear of increased unemployment, then this will continue with impunity and who knows Ghana might be next killing and maiming Nigerians.

I read the threats issued by MTN and i'm like WTF? Who does that? Can the US or the UK be issued such threats?

For those calling the call against xenophobic attacks hypocrisy, una de cr.aze; read my lips I said cra.ze. You can't because you and your brother do have fights and quarrel allow another person beat and kill your brother. I wonder how some persons reason. Every country having diverse ethnicity will always have internal rancour. In America the Whites and Black's do have conflict, but the day South Africa will carry out an attack against a Black American, the Whites in America will raise their voices against such attack regardless their disputes. The question remains can you allow another person kill your brother simply because you both have quarrels?

SHUT DOWN MTN.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
mcquin:
It hurts me terribly that I have no powers to take decisions but if anyone having sufficient powers to influence policies, such a person should call for immediate closure of MTN regardless of its consequences.

The pride of Nigeria is at stake and if we turn a blind eye to the deaths of our brothers because we fear of increased unemployment, then this will continue with impunity and who knows Ghana might be next killing and maiming Nigerians.

I read the threats issued by MTN and i'm like WTF? Who does that? Can the US or the UK be issued such threats?

For those calling the call against xenophobic attacks hypocrisy, una de cr.aze; read my lips I said cra.ze. You can't because you and your brother do have fights and quarrel allow another person beat and kill your brother. I wonder how some persons reason. Every country having diverse ethnicity will always have internal rancour. In America the Whites and Black's do have conflict, but the day South Africa will carry out an attack against a Black American, the Whites in America will raise their voices against such attack regardless their disputes. The question remains can you allow another person kill your brother simply because you both have quarrels?

SHUT DOWN MTN.
do we have country that can sanction other country?
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by talented143(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
The so called 6000 jobs is smaller than the money they are sucking from Nigerians.
They should employ 30000 more people if they want 2 stay in Nigeria.

MTN don chop my money pieces.. They should give me unlimited Gigabites or else...
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 12:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
ogechieku:
do we have country that can sanction other country?

What exactly is your point? The fact that we cannot sanction other nationalities doesn't mean persons of a particular ethnic group in Nigeria should continue disgracing this country by calling the cry against xenophobia hypocritic. For all I care it is these persons that travel most and their immediate families are victims of this attack, but when we cry out; they say we are hypocritic.

In any case; shutting down MTN is a sanction we can issue, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 12:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
The mere fact they even bothered issuing threats is enough to push them out. Not making sacrifices to earn our Nation some respect is worse of.

1 Like

Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please stop calling for such ridiculous things
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Horus(m): 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4EuYt_663U

[size=15pt]MTN Benin office disrupted over xenophobic attacks[/size]

Official activities at the Benin Head Office of Telecommunication Service Provider, MTN on Murtala Muhammed Way, were Monday disrupted for hours following a protest by members of Edo State Civil Society Organisation over xenophobic attacks on Nigerians and foreign nationals in South Africa by South Africans.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
musing2:
Please stop calling for such ridiculous things

Ridiculous? I pray your brother should be the next person killed if he is in SA; so you understand that those killed and maimed are people's brothers, parents, families.

Securing your job while our brothers are thrown out of job and killed there is selfish. Quit being selfish.

1 Like

Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
mcquin:

Ridiculous? I pray your brother should be the next person killed if he is in SA; so you understand that those killed and maimed are people's brothers, parents, families.

Securing your job while our brothers are thrown out of job and killed there is selfish. Quit being selfish.

biko, what does MTN have to do with my brother?

Seriously, what would be the link between MTN in Nigeria and my brother in SA if he were harmed? Na MTN dey sponsor the attack? Or abi Na them talk say attack my brother?

Please stop being unreasonable.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
mcquin:

What exactly is your point? The fact that we cannot sanction other nationalities doesn't mean persons of a particular ethnic group in Nigeria should continue disgracing this country by calling the cry against xenophobia hypocritic. For all I care it is these persons that travel most and their immediate families are victims of this attack, but when we cry out; they say we are hypocritic.

In any case; shutting down MTN is a sanction we can issue, don't you think?
of cause Nigeria has what it takes to rule africa like a big brother but the point is we don't have charismatic leaders who can can do that. There is nothing wrong in shorting down mtn who is mtn.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
mcquin:

SHUT DOWN MTN.
why the letters USA and SA always the problem.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
musing2:

biko, what does MTN have to do with my brother?

Seriously, what would be the link between MTN in Nigeria and my brother in SA if he were harmed? Na MTN dey sponsor the attack? Or abi Na them talk say attack my brother?

Please stop being unreasonable.

Don't ask me silly questions. South Africans don't ask these questions before shutting down nigerian businesses so why ask me silly questions before shutting down a South African owned business.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
ogechieku:
why the letters USA and SA always the problem.
Don't get you.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by cjrane: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Na lie o!
We should burn Skye bank first. For MTN we shall take over their revenue.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
cjrane:
Na lie o!
We should burn Skye bank first. For MTN we shall take over their revenue.

Abi. Nationalize it.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
mcquin:

Don't ask me silly questions. South Africans don't ask these questions before shutting down nigerian businesses so why ask me silly questions before shutting down a South African owned business.

You sound like a child. I'll waste no more time with you.
Re: Shut Down Mtn Now!!! by mcquin(m): 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
musing2:

You sound like a child. I'll waste no more time with you.

Gerrat!

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Closes Consulate In Nigeria / Asari Dokubo: We’re NOT Afraid Of Buhari, He Dare Not Be ‘pharaoh’, Else… / APC Replies Jonathan: You Must Account For Your Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.