Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

How Can I Move On? Advice Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Move On? Advice Needed (921 Views)

Boyfriend Hasn't Called Me In Two Weeks, Do I Move On? / How Can I Move On, It's Obvious My Gf Is Leaving Me / She Broke Up With Me Tonight... Guys How Cn I Move On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Pamster2015: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hi everyone, I was married to a Nigerian Igbo man for eight years.. we had a good marriage and he decided to travel to Canada. When he left I asked him if everything was okay and he said yes of course. However, he told me three months after he travelled that I should move on that he didnt want me to follow him to Canada. I suffered a mental breakdown. We owned a house together and the bank took it and sold it without us even knowing. He left me in Aug 2012, I know its been three years but I still miss him very dearly. I have tried locating him through relatives but with no success. I really want to be able to move on. I used to travel to Nigeria and was a very good wife to him. undecided
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by agarawu23(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
he told you he wont take you to Canada

you do travel to Nigeriaundecided from where to where?

your story is confusing.

but you shld move on with your live anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by jamex93(m): 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
just move on as he has told you

the man don go find money

move on with your life

the sooner the better stop hurting yourself for nothing

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Pamster2015: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thank you, we lived in Ireland were I'm from , he had a very good job here already. I meant to say I travelled to Nigeria on va ction many a time over the years. Time is a great healer and hopefully all in good time I will accept things better.
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by faithfuldon7(m): 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
I pray you overcome this but be prayerful.

One day he will return to be your gate man and wash ur new husband's cars.

pls don't forget to go to court and make ur divorce final. if not, he will return to give you wahala oh.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by ronald4lif(m): 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pamster2015:
Thank you, we lived in Ireland were I'm from , he had a very good job here already. I meant to say I travelled to Nigeria on va ction many a time over the years. Time is a great healer and hopefully all in good time I will accept things better.

Where were you both based before he relocated to Canada and what's your nationality

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Pamster2015: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
We were both based in Ireland, I'm Irish, he relocated to Canada. I have no clue where he is now
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by YUNGLURD(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pamster2015:
We were both based in Ireland, I'm Irish, he relocated to Canada. I have no clue where he is now
take heart

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by ronald4lif(m): 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
He has probably moved on with life in Canada with another woman. Most likely with a Nigerian-Canadian. You too must move on.

You have to stop all effort you're putting to tracing his whereabout, this can only do more harm than good. Channel your energy in to something else, something useful. When someone dumps you, you dump them too and move on.

Engage in activities that could help you get more busy. Delete pictures of him around your home, computer or phones if you've still got them. Gradually stop doing those things you both do together, they don't help either. Since you've lost your mortgage home to the bank you can move to another local. Somewhere as far as possible.

There's more to life than just living it for one person, someone who treated you like a piece of trash doesn't deserve one second of your thought. Do you have kids together?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Pamster2015: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thank you very much Ronald4lif! ur advice will be of benefit to me. We didn't have kids together as we were busy working and studying, I have a child of my own who is 11 (not his). Life has to go on I guess....
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by ronald4lif(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
Pamster2015:
Thank you very much Ronald...4lif! ur advice will be of benefit to me. We didn't have kids together as we were busy working and studying, I have a child of my own who is 11 (not his). Life has to go on I guess....

You're welcome. Your little man should be your best and only companion for now. Until you've been able to completely forget him and hopefully start up a new relationship. All the best.
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by gidjah(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Too bad maam, I hope he never used you to get green card as the case use to be ?how long did you guys dated , was the union truely blessed by both parents? Do you people attend church or Go to worship place together?
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by GoldenJAT(m): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ma!jst let him b,I knw it really HURT,jst lik d case of sum1 dt shud. b ur source of joy,causin u sorrow and anguish!bt knw dis!d world is a circle,u neva offended him!let dt b ur strenght....in due time..evry1 wil,he wil b givin his reward.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Kingsasian(m): 12:16am On Apr 22, 2015
agarawu23:
he told you he wont take you to Canada

you do travel to Nigeriaundecided from where to where?

your story is confusing.

but you shld move on with your live anyway
I just tire o., I had to read the story twice.
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Pamster2015: 3:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thanks everyone for ur advice, there was no faith in the union and that played a part. We were together nine years.
Re: How Can I Move On? Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
These mehn get heart sha cry

(1) (Reply)

This Madness Must Stop. To All Women wrapper... / ole girl / Top 10: Annoying Things Women Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.