Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! (7071 Views)

Samoyed Is Not American Eskimo,stop It / Whats Ur Say On The Issue Of Docking Rottweiller's Tails / What Tales Do Dogs Tails Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by arcbay(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

Ah! This case is so closed. Arcbay abeg go sleep. No even bother comment.‎

Prodeegee, me don drop the argument the moment he tried dissing SA's regulatory bodies o...No Sentiments, if Nigeria is only halfway in breeding standards as compared to SA. Sometimes I wonder when Nigeria is gonna step up the game, definitely not in this generation or the next.
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
arcbay:

Prodeegee, me don drop the argument the moment he tried dissing SA's regulatory bodies o...No Sentiments, if Nigeria is only halfway in breeding standards as compared to SA. Sometimes I wonder when Nigeria is gonna step up the game, definitely not in this generation or the next.

Nasso o
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

Now lets analyse this. 

What's the main purpose of the tails? Communication, balance( when running), navigation(when swiming). 

Now imaging a boerboel owner, I use boerboel cos it's the only breed I can vouch for.  How many times does his boerboel run or swim? How many times does he even take his dog for walks? Then what is the dog balancing? 

When the dog is not running and the tail is wagging briskly, what do you think will happen to stability? ‎

Most dogs are show quality dogs, modified for certain purposes. And ill put it to you, why don't you keep a local dog if you need a natural dog? 
Why keeping genetically modified dogs?

Are local dogs not healthier? 
Needless the vaccines and deworming. 

A woman decides to pierce her ears alone and another decides to pierce both her ear, nose, mouth, Nipplez, tongue, eyes. And you're pointing fingers. 

The truth is, you're just being a typical Nigerian who leaves the facts and pressing issues to face the issue everyone is talking about, which is irrelevant. No offence. How many times have you heard a dog die of tail docking? 

More dogs die of vaccination and starvation in this country and all we can talk about is docking. 

AKC still supports tail docking and ears cropping. 
According to wikipedia, 
"The AKC position is that ear cropping and tail docking are "acceptable practices integral to defining and preserving breed character and/or enhancing good health""

In conclusion, the fact that dogs have been modified give room for further modification. Right or wrong, it's your dog! It's never imposed. ‎

Noticed how you ignored the communication part??
Dog;Man's best friend, tail for communication( an important part of "friendship) but since dogs dont run or swim lets just cut the tails off dey can communicate with their ears grin or do we speak "bark" now?

Since we can use humans to illustrate how about we cut off pples smaller toes since we basicaly need the big toe for balance?

Anyways, to each its own. I respect your opinion tho. I just dont see the point.

I got in5o this same conversation with a dude who didnt even know his dogs ears were cropped. He kept saying i dont know anything about the breed. lol
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by maxtum(m): 3:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
All na for love of dogs...our personal best friend even when woman/man run comot him go stay! grin grin

Arcbay...I remember say you dey buzz me for Pup one time! you still dey interested? wink
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=arcbay post=32991489]

Hey honnie...My point here is this...Amongst the Northerners, it is norm that a kid shouldn't be circumcised while amongst the yourubas and igbos, It is almost compulsory...

You said Caucasians look like monkeys with their ears cropped, yea true. But have you taken time to ask yourself the true intent of the birth of the breed, if they were actually meant to look like apes.

And have you taken time to find out why some breeds are dock tailed while some are not?

How many Nigerians know this? Mosg pple just dock because others are doing it. In Nigeria here baby,pple dock and crop for NO reasons at all.
And saying they were meant to look like apes?? Really?? Lol. Thats a joke. If u say dockin becaus of weight and balamce for the animal.. i may go do a lil research om that but you see that cropping ehn!
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
smileysmiles:

Dog;Man's best friend, tail for communication( an important part of "friendship) but since dogs dont run or swim lets just cut the tails off dey can communicate with their ears grin or do we speak "bark" now?

Since we can use humans to illustrate how about we cut off pples smaller toes since we basicaly need the big toe for balance?

Anyways, to each its own. I respect your opinion tho. I just dont see the point.

I got in5o this same conversation with a dude who didnt even know his dogs ears were cropped. He kept saying i dont know anything about the breed. lol

I have used the best human part that best illustrates my point. The tail illustration is just sarcasm. ‎

Communication? Tell me about hw dogs communicate with their tails so ill see where to answer you from. 

For the record, boerboel tails are cut halfway, and not completely docked. This still gives room for communication. So I didn't see the need to talk about communication 

‎‎
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by arcbay(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
maxtum:
All na for love of dogs...our personal best friend even when woman/man run comot him go stay! grin grin

Arcbay...I remember say you dey buzz me for Pup one time! you still dey interested? wink

Hi buddie, can't really remember o...I buy dogs on a regular basis and I also window shop dogs too...Abeg remind me jare, it probably skipped my mind.
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by maxtum(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

I have used the best human part that best illustrates my point. The tail illustration is just sarcasm. ‎

Communication? Tell me about hw dogs communicate with their tails so ill see where to answer you from. 

For the record, boerboel tails are cut halfway, and not completely docked. This still gives room for communication. So I didn't see the need to talk about communication 

‎‎

PRODEEGEE! OOOOOO!

lol! lol! grin

cut tail na cut tail! Dock na docked either half way or full way. grin

Abeg who wan buy Agbalumo for me sad
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=smileysmiles post=32993697][/quote]

Madam, u still fail to see a point. What if dogs were bred to have that type of ears without cropping? You would prefer it ryt? 

It's like protesting why boerboels don't have raised ears. 

To some, it's about the strength, to some it's about the work, to some it's about the LOOK. Noone is justified. All dogs are modified. ‎

Personally, I think docking strengthen the back
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by maxtum(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
arcbay:

Hi buddie, can't really remember o...I buy dogs on a regular basis and I also window shop dogs too...Abeg remind me jare, it probably skipped my mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/1866160/2-pups-looking-best-friends
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

‎‎

Halfway? I know a breeder who cuts all the way, Most nigerian breeders that i know self cut all the way! The point is they dont even know why! Boerboels, pit bulls even bingos self all tail na dock!

Yes i dont buy the idea of dockin but if you say its for the dog's good (balance) fine! U may have a point.

like i said, to each his own. IF pple must dock they should atleast be able to give us Valid reasons. Please give me a list of dogs that should be docked so i can read up on it and pounce on the next person that i see with a docked bingo! grin

This is where i drop my pen in the basket of love and friendship. Come on bbm and by the way. THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT! grin grin grin

Its always good to find pple who can discuss without being total bishes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
smileysmiles:

Halfway? I know a breeder who cuts all the way, Most nigerian breeders that i know self cut all the way! The point is they dont even know why! Boerboels, pit bulls even bingos self all tail na dock!

Yes i dont buy the idea of dockin but if you say its for the dog's good (balance) fine! U may have a point.

like i said, to each his own. IF pple must dock they should atleast be able to give us Valid reasons. Please give me a list of dogs that should be docked so i can read up on it and pounce on the next person that i see with a docked bingo! grin

This is where i drop my pen in the basket of love and friendship. Come on bbm and by the way. THIS IS NOT AN ARGUMENT! grin grin grin

Its always good to find pple who can discuss without being total bishes.

Rightaway dear
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
On a lighter mood...

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:

Madam, u still fail to see a point. What if dogs were bred to have that type of ears without cropping? You would prefer it ryt? 

It's like protesting why boerboels don't have raised ears. 

To some, it's about the strength, to some it's about the work, to some it's about the LOOK. Noone is justified. All dogs are modified. ‎

Personally, I think docking strengthen the back

Baby baby.. you see? You are begining to gimme valid reasons not just "because they do it in SA" (by the way, we all kmw S.A is a bad role model atm grin )

@bolded yes! Maybe one day humans will be pets of aliens/transformers/robots and dey will cut pricks n boobs for our own good too grin

Just joking
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by arcbay(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
smileysmiles:

No offense honey, I hold u in high esteem, you're a wonderful example of a typical dog lover, but I must state this fact...Do you realize most people who are so particular about the "tail communication" thingy are the ones who don't have time for their pets...Even if their dogs were to have 5 tails each, they still wouldn't understand their dogs nor interpret their intentions...Why go in search of what's not lost? Why don't we tackle the problems at hand, instead of chasing shadows...

Any dog lover, even if his dog was blind, deaf, dumb, "tailess" and "earless", would still understand his dogs no matter what the situation is.

1 Like

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by tablu: 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
When she pays u a visit she will do worse than dockin the tail...lol

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 4:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
arcbay:

No offense honey, I hold u in high esteem, you're a wonderful example of a typical dog lover, but I must state this fact...Do you realize most people who are so particular about the "tail communication" thingy are the ones who don't have time for their pets...Even if their dogs were to have 5 tails each, they still wouldn't understand their dogs nor interpret their intentions...Why go in search of what's not lost? Why don't we tackle the problems at hand, instead of chasing shadows...

Any dog lover, even if his dog was blind, deaf, dumb, "tailess" and "earless", would still understand his dogs no matter what the situation is.

Noted b. But i am speakin for myself.
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Prodeegee:
Now they'll leave the thread for arcbay, smileysmiles and prodeegee.

Signs out!

Whrz d op self?
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by maxtum(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
smileysmiles:

Whrz d op self?

Present Ma! i went to buy Agbalumo!
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
smileysmiles:

Baby baby.. you see? You are begining to gimme valid reasons not just "because they do it in SA" (by the way, we all kmw S.A is a bad role model atm grin )

@bolded yes! Maybe one day humans will be pets of aliens/transformers/robots and dey will cut pricks n boobs for our own good too grin

Just joking

SMBH

1 Like

Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by arcbay(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
maxtum:

https://www.nairaland.com/1866160/2-pups-looking-best-friends

Yea I remember now!!! Recent pictures please...And how old are they now?
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by frisky2good(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
I used to think that rottweilers are born without tails. So na cut dem dey cut am comot.
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by feedthenation(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
Please NO to tail docking, it makes the dogs look ugly.
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 7:04am On Apr 25, 2015
frisky2good:
I used to think that rottweilers are born without tails. So na cut dem dey cut am comot.

Lwkm... na cut dem dey cut am o
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by frisky2good(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2015
I swear down, I no know. It's just so odd that I have seen so many rots in my life and I've never seen any with a tail.

smileysmiles:

Lwkm... na cut dem dey cut am o
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Magpies(m): 7:37am On Apr 25, 2015
frisky2good:
I swear down, I no know. It's just so odd that I have seen so many rots in my life and I've never seen any with a tail.

bruv I gat a rottie pup with a tail
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2015
frisky2good:

*whispers* join my team #atailispartofthedog #nodocking #definitelyNOcropping grin
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by frisky2good(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
But why are people so cruel? The dogs must feel naked with their a**holes exposed.

smileysmiles:

*whispers* join my team #atailispartofthedog #nodocking #definitelyNOcropping grin
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
frisky2good:
But why are people so cruel? The dogs must feel naked with their a**holes exposed.

Omg! grin grin grin grin prodeegee see this person's argument oo lwkm. nice one
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by maxtum(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
frisky2good:

lol! Na so we see am oooo!

God is watching them!!!
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by Prodeegee(m): 2:26am On Apr 26, 2015
smileysmiles:

Omg! grin grin grin grin prodeegee see this person's argument oo lwkm. nice one

which dog doesnt expose its asshole? abegi! stale!
Re: Rottweiler Tails Docker Its Illegal (stop It)!! by smileysmiles(f): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2015
Prodeegee:

which dog doesnt expose its asshole? abegi! stale!

Calm down naa shebi na play

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out Dis Adult Male Caucasian Dog! / German Shepherd Dogs For Sale / 4 Months Old Male Pedigree Rottweiler Available For A New Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.