Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,027 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (3214 Views)

Anyone Saying Chibok Girls Will Return Is Lying – Obasanjo / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 22, 2015
The approx distance from Lagos to Ibadan is about 130Km.

The Traveler claimed he left Lagos by 5am and reached Ibadan by 6pm.
That was a total of about 13hrs.

This means he covered an average of 10Km per hour!
Factor in stops and rests or he did not have any?

The average human walk speed is 5km/hr, if this guy did double of that speed, he should make the Genuineness Book of Records.

Besides, except if he had been walking all his life, else, his stamina would reduce after a while. This will impact on his walk speed.

If indeed he covered that distance within that time, then I think the world should hear about him!

For now, I have my doubts.

Consequently, I am hereby calling for genuine volunteers who will walk at least 10Km on Saturday!

5Km to and 5 km fro.
This walk should take approximately 2 hours (averagely).

Record the time it took to cover each Kilometer!

Then come to this thread and report!

Do we want change?

this are the kind of challenges that make the Western Nations great.

All who participate should post their findings here that same day.

By evening time, we shall have a verdict.

How to measure easily measure the distances.

reset the distance counter on a vehicle to zero (000.0), drive and let it record 5Km.

There are other ways.

Suggestions are welcomed here!

If I am proofed wrong, I will get the contacts of the Traveler and personally tender my apologies for doubting.

I will also offer him a cash token to express my support for this great achievement.

All volunteers should register their interest here.
Also tell us how you planned and executed the walk.

Cheers to all.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by agarawu23(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2015
haters

he created a name for himself

you are wasting your balls here

why not get a better job to kill your time

8 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by ki02020(m): 10:01am On Apr 22, 2015
LMAO.....Op no be fight o but shey you no get relatives for the experiment ni

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by ki02020(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2015
LMAO.....Op no be fight o but shey you no get relatives for the experiment ni
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by MzJackBaueress(f): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2015
The guy has made a name. You should do yours and stop hating.

mtscheeew

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by obiZEAL(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2015
Another Bitter fellow...if e d vex u, trek ur own now

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by MalcoImX: 10:10am On Apr 22, 2015
What makes you think he can't do it. They said the man is a construction worker oo! I think it's easier to walk from Lagos to Abuja than be a construction worker all your life.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by finestiyke(m): 10:21am On Apr 22, 2015
agarawu23:
haters

he created a name for himself

you are wasting your balls here

why not get a better job to kill your time

So any critic is a hater Can youi hear yourself at all?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by celibate: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2015
Lol! grin
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by kestolove95(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2015
Thrash!!! People will always jloz
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by BTT(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2015
I believe the guy walked a considerable distance and this is commendable.

I am particularly disgusted at people who put up an attitude when someone asks for prove or expresses questions. Just provide facts and appreciate the critic for bothering about your efforts.

I had silent doubts about the guy's TOTAL walk and even called his number severally to ascertain his claims.

From my little trainings, average man walk time is 4 miles (6 km) per hour. My doubts were amplified the day I read that he started 5am and got to Ibadan same day by 6pm. That is 13 hours baring intra_city walks. If he walks 4miles an hour; barring rest and other road conditions, that is 4x13=52miles (Lagos to Ibadan (Iwo rd) is actually 91miles (145km)). So what happened to 39miles (63km).

This is not to dicountenance his overall efforts though.

The time given by this man suggests that he either forgot certain details about his trip or allowed 'heaven' to help him.

So op. That is my volunteering out the window.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by abacusCm(m): 10:43am On Apr 22, 2015
anybody that is still doubting the guy or hating him can then try his or her own journey by trekking to heaven.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Babprosper20(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2015
This guy name dun enta guiness book of record, why some of una wan pack sand for im garri na??
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
obiZEAL:
Another Bitter fellow...if e d vex u, trek ur own now

I dont know where you get the impression that i am bitter!
Well, I expected this kind of reasoning and that is one of the reasons why Africa is backwards!

Google is your friend, do a little research on average speed of walking.
I said 5km/Hr and another person has said 6km/Hr.

The guy claimed he walked 10km/hr!

I have reasons to doubt him!
I am not envious, neither I am bitter according to you!

Bitterness, anger, laughter, etc all belong to the emotional department!
I am not in anyway here emotional!

Challeging his claim does not make a hater (like someone put) it.
It is simply to put the records staight!

Ok, nobody cares if his claims are right or wrong?

That means we shall remain in darkness!

Were this to be somewhere else, that guy should be interview by experts by now!

This is Africa where emotions rule over logic!

And this is my verdict, until we start to make use of critical and quality logic, change will remain a mirage.
This post is a test of how ready we are for change, and I can tel you this, we are not!

Cheers to all.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2015
BTT:

I am particularly disgusted at people who put up an attitude when someone asks for prove or expresses questions. Just provide facts and appreciate the critic for bothering about your efforts.

I had silent doubts about the guy's TOTAL walk and even called his number severally to ascertain his claims.

From my little trainings, average man walk time is 4 miles (6 km) per hour. My doubts were amplified the day I read that he started 5am and got to Ibadan same day by 6pm. That is 13 hours baring intra_city walks. If he walks 4miles an hour; barring rest and other road conditions, that is 4x13=52miles (Lagos to Ibadan (Iwo rd) is actually 91miles (145km)). So what happened to 39miles (63km).

The time given by this man suggests that he either forgot certain details about his trip or allowed 'heaven' to help him.

Thanks a million times. To be fair, I made the estimate to be 130 Km instead of 145Km.
And he needed to 10km for each hour!

The most painful aspect of th responses here is that they are not even ready to reason!
They have equated my critical look at the claim as bitterness, hatred, etc.

Are Nigerians ready for change? No!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2015
kestolove95:
Thrash!!! People will always jloz

Bros, I am not not jealous!
I am only analyzing his claims.

The average time of driving from Owerri to Onitsha is about 60mins. (ave of 100km/Hr)

I should have reasons ask questions.
Such questions cannot be from jealousy, bitterness, hatred or what have you.

You guys should stop this emotional outbursts, it does not help in building a great nation.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by A7(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
A7:
The fulani have a history of trekking across countries, one toddler reportedly sleep-walked from sokoto to kano, it is in their blood.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by okpismart: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=A7 post=32987350][/quote]

See super Strory
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by masseratti: 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
BTT:

do you know the distance between Ibadan toll gate and iwo road? If he started his journey from berger at 5 am definitely he will get to shagamu by 12 or 1 am and guru maharaji by 6 pm,av walked over 40km before and I know it's possible with the right weather conditions.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
masseratti:
do you know the distance between Ibadan toll gate and iwo road? If he started his journey from berger at 5 am definitely he will get to shagamu by 12 or 1 am and guru maharaji by 6 pm,av walked over 40km before and I know it's possible with the right weather conditions.

You can be of help here.

How many hours did the 40Km distance take you?
When did you start and when did you reach?

Also, the distance you covered was 40Km, the guy covered about 140km.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Lanretoye(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
Volunteers needed for what, to lie with which one of you?
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by jared007: 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
noblezone:

I dont know where you get the impression that i am bitter!
Well, I expected this kind of reasoning and that is one of the reasons why Africa is backwards!

Google is your friend, do a little research on average speed of walking.
I said 5km/Hr and another person has said 6km/Hr.

The guy claimed he walked 10km/hr!

I have reasons to doubt him!
I am not envious, neither I am bitter according to you!

Bitterness, anger, laughter, etc all belong to the emotional department!
I am not in anyway here emotional!

Challeging his claim does not make a hater (like someone put) it.
It is simply to put the records staight!

Ok, nobody cares if his claims are right or wrong?

That means we shall remain in darkness!

Were this to be somewhere else, that guy should be interview by experts by now!

This is Africa where emotions rule over logic!

And this is my verdict, until we start to make use of critical and quality logic, change will remain a mirage.
This post is a test of how ready we are for change, and I can tel you this, we are not!

Cheers to all.
bro don't mind them. Humans naturally love fantastic lies than truth! Practice lying bro and become popular 2morrow.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

mtscheeew

If you have the slightest idea of whom I am, then you will know I am, you wont jump to conclusions that I am driven by hate.

Sincere apologies if I hurt your feelings but I dont think there is anything personal here!
I dont have any reason to hate him nor loath his achievements.

However, i expect that one plus one will give us two.
If someone claims he got four, I should require an explanation!

I was not born into the use of cars, I was born in the days we trekked a lot, so I have an idea of what walking far distances involved.

The distance from Owerri to Onitsha takes about One Hour on an average speed of about 100km/hr.

If someone claims he covered that distance under half an hour, I have every reason to query such a claim.

The guy claimed he covered a distance of about 140Km in 13 hours, I have my doubts about such a claim, and I have my reasons. One being that the average distance a walking human covers in an hour is about 5km.
My asking questions about his claims is nothing near hatred as you assumed. I have no reason to him but I have reason to verify his claims.

Finally and personally, you people are exhibiting immaturity and narrow mindedness when you make these abusive comments without reason and logic!

If you feel I am wrong, please put me right!

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
noblezone:

[s] If you have the slightest idea of whom I am, then you will know I am, you wont jump to conclusions that I am driven by hate.

Sincere apologies if I hurt your feelings but I dont think there is anything personal here!
I dont have any reason to hate him nor loath his achievements.

However, i expect that one plus one will give us two.
If someone claims he got four, I should require an explanation!

I was not born into the use of cars, I was born in the days we trekked a lot, so I have an idea of what walking far distances involved.

The distance from Owerri to Onitsha takes about One Hour on an average speed of about 100km/hr.

If someone claims he covered that distance under half an hour, I have every reason to query such a claim.

The guy claimed he covered a distance of about 140Km in 13 hours, I have my doubts about such a claim, and I have my reasons. One being that the average distance a walking human covers in an hour is about 5km.
My asking questions about his claims is nothing near hatred as you assumed. I have no reason to him but I have reason to verify his claims.

Finally and personally, you people are exhibiting immaturity and narrow mindedness when you make these abusive comments without reason and logic!

If you feel I am wrong, please put me right!

Cheers. [/s]

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Babacele: 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

mtscheeew
He should give us reasons why he thinks the guy is lying cos the whole worls s aware when d trekker promised to embark on this possible very long journey if our General wins. Nigerians n security agents along the Lagos -abuja route he took can testify to his claim. Is there anything beyond passion? Sai Buhari!
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
Babacele:
He should give us reasons why he thinks the guy is lying cos the whole worls s aware when d trekker promised to embark on this possible very long journey if our General wins. Nigerians n security agents along the Lagos -abuja route he took can testify to his claim. Is there anything beyond passion? Sai Buhari!

I gave my reasons bro.

Go back on the thread and read them.
Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
noblezone:

Thanks a million times. To be fair, I made the estimate to be 130 Km instead of 145Km.
And he needed to 10km for each hour!

The most painful aspect of th responses here is that they are not even ready to reason!
They have equated my critical look at the claim as bitterness, hatred, etc.

Are Nigerians ready for change? No!

Now 10Km is 10,000 metres. To achieve the distance mentioned (i.e. 10Km/hr) our guy performed as follows:

The guy must be doing approximately 167mtrs in per minute or 3 metres per second to hit 10 Km/hr.

Implying if he strides at 1 meter each step he make, he would take 3 steps per second to hit 167mtrs per minute.

No distractions, no tiredness, etc. The biggest joke is the journey from Lagos to Ibadan

This is an incredible LIE

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by brownlord: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

mtscheeew

Shut up and be reasonable for once

1 Like

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by brownlord: 7:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Xetima:

Now 10Km is 10,000 metres. To achieve the distance mentioned (i.e. 10Km/hr) our guy performed as follows:

The guy must be doing approximately 167mtrs in per minute or 3 metres per second to hit 10 Km/hr.

Implying if he strides at 1 meter each step he make, he would take 3 steps per second to hit 167mtrs per minute.

No distractions, no tiredness, etc. The biggest joke is the journey from Lagos to Ibadan

That is the change we promised.

Welcome on board

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
Xetima:

Bros, welcome to the club of "haters" with "bitterness" and "envy" against the Traveler.
As the Chairman of haters, it is my honour to welcome you to the fold!

Anyway thanks for you time to think and reason.

Please wear some e-bullet proof, the "progressives" may soon pound on you.

I am so ashamed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Senate Majority And Minority Leaders Are Choosen / Gbenga Olawepo Is A Fulani Man, Reveals True Idetity On Internet / Fayose Bans Herdsmen: What If The North Retaliates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.