Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! (934 Views)

Please Does Any One Know Aw To Create A School Portal With Word Press Or Joomla / Help:..please Does Anybody Know How I Can Make A Gps Driven App / Does Anyone Know How To Create A Programme To Predict Stock Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by profsamd(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
I am an OND graduate in Architecture from one of the polytechnic in Nigeria.
I later decides of a recent to get programming knowledge due to the fact that I now falls in love with online stuffs, that involves building professional website.
I told a friend about it who is a student programmer and he advice me to go into 2-year course enrolling with NAIT in Ibadan. And I afterby told it to a church brother his also a programmer who currently works with MTN-NG, In his own advice, he told me to enroll into nigeria University to Study Computer Science. That even from My 2nd Year in school I will start to get introduce to them programming languages. And because it also will help me in some important subjects, like Mathematic, Statistics. that I may not have learn if its to be NaIT.
I hereby want to choose either one from the two, But I feel confused. I decide to ask for peoples oppinioun rather.
Please Help me with what you think will be a blessing to me from the two idea above, and please when you choose any, kindly support your choice with more reasons. Thanks Thanks.
Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by larisoft: 11:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
If your aim is to really master programming (I.e. make games, hardcore software requiring AI, Robotics, e.t.c )... a university degree will actually not help very much. Matter of fact; your chances of learning hard core programming might even diminish when you are bombarded with GS Courses, and abstract mathematics year in year out. Programming is learnt by consistent practice and a lot of time and the university system simply put; does not encourage this, while less formal institutions like NIIT provide just the right platform for this.

However, if your looking to do soft core programming...like web designing (Not programming) ...and then climb the corporate ladder QUICKLY to project manager or IT Head; a university degree is a must.

From your post; you seem to be doing this for the love of code...NIIT is my recommendation.

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by thewebcraft(m): 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
profsamd:
I am an OND graduate in Architecture from one of the polytechnic in Nigeria.
I later decides of a recent to get programming knowledge due to the fact that I now falls in love with online stuffs, that involves building professional website.
I told a friend about it who is a student programmer and he advice me to go into 2-year course enrolling with NAIT in Ibadan. And I afterby told it to a church brother his also a programmer who currently works with MTN-NG, In his own advice, he told me to enroll into nigeria University to Study Computer Science. That even from My 2nd Year in school I will start to get introduce to them programming languages. And because it also will help me in some important subjects, like Mathematic, Statistics. that I may not have learn if its to be NaIT.
I hereby want to choose either one from the two, But I feel confused. I decide to ask for peoples oppinioun rather.
Please Help me with what you think will be a blessing to me from the two idea above, and please when you choose any, kindly support your choice with more reasons. Thanks Thanks.
From my view I see you really want to learn more on how to code institutions like NIIT won't really help what you need is the right materials and tools you can call me on 08102064720 to know more.

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by sisqology(m): 4:13am On Apr 24, 2015
You need to go for some English courses too

1 Like

Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by GodMode: 4:43am On Apr 24, 2015
$
Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by profsamd(m): 1:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
sisqology:
You need to go for some English courses too
If you av taken ur time to read what the original post is, you will have seen it written there that you just dont comment without giving reason.

Could you give reason for the need to go for some English courses.?? Thanks Thanks.
Re: Please Does Anyone Knows What To Do In My Case! by profsamd(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
larisoft:
If your aim is to really master programming (I.e. make games, hardcore software requiring AI, Robotics, e.t.c )... a university degree will actually not help very much. Matter of fact; your chances of learning hard core programming might even diminish when you are bombarded with GS Courses, and abstract mathematics year in year out. Programming is learnt by consistent practice and a lot of time and the university system simply put; does not encourage this, while less formal institutions like NIIT provide just the right platform for this.

However, if your looking to do soft core programming...like web designing (Not programming) ...and then climb the corporate ladder QUICKLY to project manager or IT Head; a university degree is a must.

From your post; you seem to be doing this for the love of code...NIIT is my recommendation.

Thanks Thanks. I now knows better. I've already concluded to train myself online.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Programming Quotes / Just Can Stop Laughing Facebook Afraid Of One Competitor Tsu.co / Need Help Programming Your Final Year Project, Bsc Or Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.