Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke (24780 Views)

Nigeria Audits 33 Companies, Uncovers N450b Unremitted Revenue / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Rick9(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2015
This is so sweet, stories like this makes me to smile and I still believe that there is hope for Nigeria and Nigeria would be a great country once again, thank God for our new incoming President General M Buhari, I am glad we now have a strong, courageoues, fearless, honest and disciplined ruler.
The fear of Buhari is the begining of Political wisdom.
#BuhariTill2027
#APCTill2099
#GodBlessNigeria

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2015
IdiAmin1:
Stupidity is when you are afraid of jail even when you are innocent "I'm not saying madam is". Madam, concentrate and finish your job and stop running helter skelter like a kid. If buhari's only duty as president will be to start jailing people, then his brains needs resetting undecided

she's not running helter skelter, she's doing her job. PWC already said that the 1.48 billion should be remitted. it has been said very long ago.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by agborodun: 8:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Hmnnn

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by teejaykkr(m): 8:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Welcome to new Nigeria
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by queensmith: 8:47am On Apr 23, 2015
we even fool ourselves - they are going to use the kings money to entertain the king.

Refund doesn't mean the money will come back from all the stolen pockets into the fed account, it simply means incoming revenue will first be used to pay the money.

where has the money crawled into and why did it crawl there!!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by ahizih(m): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2015
My guy forget, dis woman look sexy kaiii. Well madam u beta pay oh, cux no amount of dick ur pussy go receive go save u if u like go make obama tear ur pussy,Baba wey i knw no send ur beauty oh. Una don Bleep our country up since
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by bigiyaro(m): 8:49am On Apr 23, 2015
hehehehe,dis woman is not as clueless as GEJ, fire on d mountain run run run run, after u return dis one,den u bring back d 2 billion for jets, den u bring back d 20 billion in zeneth bank den u go come xplain how govt money enta zeneth instead of CBN n d mumu wey put d moni dia,wen u enta jail, stella go come xplain ha own reson of buyin only 2 tokunbo cars for 700 million. Mean while, i'll b chillin hia.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by permanentgrace(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2015
2thpick:

God go do am my brother

Thanks bro. Any assistance you can offfer?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Sunymoore(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2015
ahizih:
My guy forget, dis woman look sexy kaiii. Well madam u beta pay oh, cux no amount of dick ur pussy go receive go save u if u like go make obama tear ur pussy,Baba wey i knw no send ur beauty oh. Una don Bleep our country up since
Diezeni my MILF
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by akilo1: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2015
kirikiri loading
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by eromspete(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2015
Money wey don accrue interest for one certain bank account in FD and Bonds. grin Person wey stash dat money sha don make profit lipsrsealed

GOOD THING IT'S GETTING RETURNED SMALL SMALL

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Miner13: 8:52am On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of GMB is the beginning of race for corrupt GEJ's group.

The no-nonsense GENERAL is back
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Bants(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2015
So she stole it one reason why this woman needs to visit prison with immediate effect she really stepped on big toes....this woman and her generation needs to pay for this
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Bambela(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2015
I like ur way my role model
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2015
The bitter truth is that this same money might be embezzled by tinubu and his cronies... grin....lets hope buharis sanitation sweeps through everywhere.. wink

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Benny40(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2015
[b][/b] grin
jide53:

The Minister of Petroleum Resources Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Wednesday disclosed that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the $1.48bn unremitted fund into the Federation Account as recommended by an audit firm, PriceWaterHouse Coopers.

She however did not disclose how much has for far been refunded by the corporation.

She also denied reports that she was seeking the assistance of some highly-placed persons in order to escape prosecution for alleged corruption from the incoming administration of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

Alison-Madueke spoke with State House correspondents at the end of the weekly meeting of Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

It will be recalled the Federation Account Allocation Committee had on Monday night constituted a committee to find out the reasons for the delay in the refund of the sum.

PriceWaterHouse Coopers had in the report of its forensic audit report of the corporation recommended that the NNPC should refund the amount to the Federation Account.

Alison-Madueke however explained that the unremitted fund was owed by the NPDC for a block that had been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC.

She said, “The PriceWaterHouse Coopers forensic audit that was done few weeks ago in his recommendation mentioned that $1.48bn was owed by the NPDC for a block that had hitherto been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC which is its subsidiary.

“They felt that the right process would be that the NPDC will refund that money to the Federation Account. The NPDC has apparently started those refunds and it is also in discussion with the NNPC and the DPR on same. So the refund has actually began.”

While saying that the payment was being done under her directive, she insisted that the sum was not missing but transferred by the NNPC to the NPDC.

The minister also denied media reports that she was reaching out to some prominent Nigerians, including a former military Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (retd.), to seek soft landing from the incoming government.

She said she had in the course of her job as minister met with elder statesmen across the country and wondered why her meeting with Abubakar would be singled out.

The minister said she could not be seeking for a soft landing because she was not aware that she had committed any crime.

She said, “I have not sought such assistance because I am not aware that I have been indicted of any crime that I will need a soft landing.

“Over the last four years, I have many times been unfortunately accused and libelled in so many malicious and vindictive ways.

“I have explained these things and pushed back robustly on these accusations and I have even gone to court on many of them. Yet, they keep being regurgitated.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-has-started-refunding-unremitted-1-48bn-alison-madueke/
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by 989900: 9:03am On Apr 23, 2015
returning it 'small small' . . . I see what you did there Alison. Even 50m out of 1.5b na 'small small' now, abi?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by PassingShot(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2015
Please how much is $1.48 billion in Naira? This must run into about NGN 300 billion!

Please imagine what this "paltry" amount can achieve for us in Nigeria.

And to think that the report said "at least" which indicates that the money involved could actually be much more than $1.48 billion is very scary.

The heart of man is very wicked indeed.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by PassingShot(m): 9:05am On Apr 23, 2015
chuna1985:

she's not running helter skelter, she's doing her job. PWC already said that the 1.48 billion should be remitted. it has been said very long ago.

PWC report says "at least". No hiding place for these thieving lots.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:

PWC report says "at least". No hiding place for these thieving lots.

Did PWC say money is missing?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by onfu1968: 9:09am On Apr 23, 2015
A female staff of popular eatery, Sweet Sensation, Oluremi Olayinka was on Wednesday convicted and sentenced to 266 years imprisonment by Justice A.A Akinyemi of Ogun State High Court, Abeokuta, for stealing N8million belonging to her employer.

The offence is contrary to sections 390(6)(7)(cool, 467 and 468 respectively of the Criminal Code Law Cap 29, Laws of Ogun State.

The court found the convict guilty on all the 34-count charges. She was sentenced to seven years on each of 30 counts and 14 years on the remaining four charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.

Additionally, Justice Akinyemi ordered her to return the money she stole in restitution to her victim.

Ms. Olayinka was arraigned before Justice Akinyemi on May 13, 2014 following a petition, alleging that she stole the sum of N8,000,000 (Eight Million Naira), which she received on behalf of her employer.

When the convict was confronted with the allegation, she admitted the crime only for her to dramatically pleaded not guilty upon arraignment.

In the course of trial, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission presented four witnesses and tendered 16 exhibits to prove its case against the convict.

Sorry, can some one help me with this simple Arithmetics?

If N8,000,000.00=266Years, How many Years will it be for $1.48 Billion? Given that $1=N206.

Kindly help, iam on hot seat. Thank you.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by 989900: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:
Please how much is $1.48 billion in Naira? This must run into about NGN 200 billion!

Please imagine what this "paltry" amount can achieve for us in Nigeria.

And to think that the report said "at least" which indicates that the money involved could actually be much more than $1.48 billion is very scary.

The heart of man is very wicked indeed.

True talk. As at today, $1.48b= N300b approx.

And the lost/missing/unaccounted-for funds is much more than that . . . 'stay tuned to this channel'.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by PassingShot(m): 9:13am On Apr 23, 2015
chuna1985:

Did PWC say money is missing?

No. PWC only said money crawled out of NNPC's accounts

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Rotimi47: 9:14am On Apr 23, 2015
baybeeboi:
leaving it for Tinubu abi and Amaechi
So this money would have been pocketed by Jonathan after all the trillions of Naira he, patience, wike, Madueke, okonjo etc stole! If it were not for APC that opened their yanch, wetin Nigerians for do?
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by jasa1000(f): 9:20am On Apr 23, 2015
Buhaxophobia - Fear of buhari.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2015
PassingShot:

No. PWC only said money crawled out of NNPC's accounts

u nailed the point. clap for urself...
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Riodiao(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2015
IMAGINE THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS NIGER DELTA IS PRODUCING YET THEY SAY WE ARE CLUELESS TO RULE NIGERIA. COWS AND RAMS RULLING NIGERIA SINCE 1960
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by TeamSimple(m): 9:23am On Apr 23, 2015
And some people will come here and tell us Buhari is one chance president. Politicians would have a deep thought before accepting any position assigned to him/her by baba,because if you don't trust yourself of staying clean then you as good as the freshest inmate in kirikiri.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by tall2ce(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of Said Baba is the beginning of anti-corruption
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by baybeeboi: 9:29am On Apr 23, 2015
Rotimi47:
So this money would have been pocketed by Jonathan after all the trillions of Naira he, patience, wike, Madueke, okonjo etc stole! If it were not for APC that opened their yanch, wetin Nigerians for do?
the same tin people will do when the next set of looters come in.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by WILSON(f): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2015
THOU SHALL NOT STEAL. IT IS A SACRED COMMANDMENT. THEY HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY YET THEY ARE NOT PAYING CIVIL SERVANTS. AS THEY CONTINUE TO SUFFER NIGERIANS, LET THEIR LIVES BE FILLED WITH SUFFERINGS. AS THEY EAT AND INVEST THAT STOLEN MONEY, THEY EAT AND INVEST INCURABLE DISEASES INTO THEIR BODIES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha / Ipob’s Threat Forces Bishops To Flee Anambra / Amina Mohammed To Resign On March 2nd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.