Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Polish Student Visa - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Polish Student Visa (906222 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polish Student Visa by bolajiola258018: 11:55am On Jun 25, 2021
How many people got visa appointments through phone calls this week?
I and 10 different people tried from 9 am till 2 pm with over 250 calls each and none went through, are you telling me it was that busy?
I think there's some game going on in that embassy oo.
Why are they making things difficult intentionally for us?
And one agent will secure an appointment anyhow, is it juju they are using or they are collecting bribe.
I hate it in here, everything in Nigeria must be hard or what?

9 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Pls what is the minimum amount of money that must be in my sponsor’s account if I am going for Masters studies (2 years) in Warsaw University of Technology. Provided that I will pay tuition fee for 1 year?

Does the amount on the Credit Card Certificate need to be equal to or more than the total amount of money I need? Like if I need about 5M, should the amount in the CC be 5M or more than?

Pls what’s the reasonable amount my sponsor can put in the Credit card account?
Re: Polish Student Visa by KayBaba01: 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
I and 10 different people tried from 9 am till 2 pm with over 250 calls each and none went through, are you telling me it was that busy?
And one agent will secure an appointment anyhow, is it juju they are using or they are collecting bribe.

I do not think you guys applying to schools in Poland wants to actually travel to that country. I rather think you are just trying to enrich the Polish government by paying tuition deposits, application fees to universities without knowing how to get a visa to travel to that country. How on earth would you all be trying to secure an appointment at the Polish Embassy in Nigeria for weeks and some even months and yet some people are still writing about getting admission to universities in Poland till date. Is it the desperation to travel or what?

I reside outside Nigeria and trying to secure an appointment for legalization at the Polish Embassy for a cousin for 2 weeks now with no luck. I have asked him to move on and also trying to get another school for him in another country. It is not worth it to keep trying I must confess. The big countries (e.g. US, Canada, UK, Australia etc) all have online booking or appointment systems. These are countries Nigerians flock to and yet they have a decent appointment system in place. How do one think a country like Poland with her embassy in Nigeria serviing 6 other countries will go for an archaic (19th century) booking system by opening slots for few minutes and locking the portal thereafter. Visa appointment is by phone booking in the 21st century? Dont you think it is a call to fraud or abuse of the system? A phone line open only on Thursdays for few minutes? Is that fair to all as enshrined in the EU Policy on Fairness? How do you think one would secure an appointment by calling a line that us not available without bribing his or her way thru?

Last week after trying to secure appointment for my cousin and unable thru the corrupt e-consulat system; I sent a mail to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Poland for a review of their booking system in Nigeria. I thought the system would have been improved by now owing to my knowledge of workings in some developed countries. I was however disappointed that it is still the same thing. I suggest you all do the same (thats those still interested in studying in Poland). If not, your tuition fees will be gone in a twinkle of an eye after much excuses from the universities on refund etc. Remember some of you also paid a non refundable application fee to some of these Polish Universities and these monies would have been better used even if na for suya and malt for Naija. At least the worms in the belly go bless u for feeding them well instead of wasting the same for a venture that is not profitable.

If they are sincere with promoting their country; they should be fair in their booking system. Thats all. If not they are part of the corruption going on in Nigeria.

I wish you all the best and hope the system is improved soon for those that still want to study in Poland.

9 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by bolajiola258018: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
KayBaba01:

I do not think you guys applying to schools in Poland wants to actually travel to that country. I rather think you are just trying to enrich the Polish government by paying tuition deposits, application fees to universities without knowing how to get a visa to travel to that country. How on earth would you all be trying to secure an appointment at the Polish Embassy in Nigeria for weeks and some even months and yet some people are still writing about getting admission to universities in Poland till date. Is it the desperation to travel or what?

I reside outside Nigeria and trying to secure an appointment for legalization at the Polish Embassy for a cousin for 2 weeks now with no luck. I have asked him to move on and also trying to get another school for him in another country. It is not worth it to keep trying I must confess. The big countries (e.g. US, Canada, UK, Australia etc) all have online booking or appointment systems. These are countries Nigerians flock to and yet they have a decent appointment system in place. How do one think a country like Poland with her embassy in Nigeria serviing 6 other countries will go for an archaic (19th century) booking system by opening slots for few minutes and locking the portal thereafter. Visa appointment is by phone booking in the 21st century? Dont you think it is a call to fraud or abuse of the system? A phone line open only on Thursdays for few minutes? Is that fair to all as enshrined in the EU Policy on Fairness? How do you think one would secure an appointment by calling a line that us not available without bribing his or her way thru?

Last week after trying to secure appointment for my cousin and unable thru the corrupt e-consulat system; I sent a mail to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Poland for a review of their booking system in Nigeria. I thought the system would have been improved by now owing to my knowledge of workings in some developed countries. I was however disappointed that it is still the same thing. I suggest you all do the same (thats those still interested in studying in Poland). If not, your tuition fees will be gone in a twinkle of an eye after much excuses from the universities on refund etc. Remember some of you also paid a non refundable application fee to some of these Polish Universities and these monies would have been better used even if na for suya and malt for Naija. At least the worms in the belly go bless u for feeding them well instead of wasting the same for a venture that is not profitable.

If they are sincere with promoting their country; they should be fair in their booking system. Thats all. If not they are part of the corruption going on in Nigeria.

I wish you all the best and hope the system is improved soon for those that still want to study in Poland.

Can you believe it's only in Nigeria that you have to book through a phone call?
Even in India, you book through their online portal.
I don't mind bribing my way to get that appointment, but once they approve my visa like this, I will write letters and petitions against them.
It's very stupid of them. They don't reply to their email very well, all their answer will always be to check their official website, they want people to jam them and then re-appeal with another 80-euro again.
They can't deny that they aren't taking bribes, and our people too will continue to support them because they are also gaining from it.
If you have been able to book through calling, please signify {if you lie, thunder will fire you}. I'm just very sad about all these things.

3 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by uncledee201: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hmmmmmmm,

I don't even know what to say!

Did you get an acknowledgement or a feedback from their Ministry?

KayBaba01:

Re: Polish Student Visa by uncledee201: 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
I think we all should start raising awareness to this wickedness and anomaly!!!

It's unfair and unjust to be honest.... Unfortunately twitter is banned, if not that would be the perfect platform to raise this alarm!

bolajiola258018:

Can you believe it's only in Nigeria that you have to book through a phone call?
I don't mind bribing my way to get that appointment, but once they approve my visa like this, I will write letters and petitions against them.
It's very stupid of them. They don't reply to their email very well, all their answer will always be to check their official website, they want people to jam them and then re-appeal with another 80-euro again.
They can't deny that they aren't taking bribes, and our people too will continue to support them because they are also gaining from it.
If you have been able to book through calling, please signify {if you lie, thunder will fire you}. I'm just very sad about all these things.
Re: Polish Student Visa by styven1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good afternoon everyone. After getting an admission offer, do I still need to go through legalization of documents (I submitted a document titled legalization of documents during my application) at the embassy?
Re: Polish Student Visa by KayBaba01: 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2021
[quote author=bolajiola258018 post=103077512]

You can imagine Indian having an online booking system and Nigeria not having the same. Do you even know that the Polish Embassy caters for 6 other African countries? If you that is resident in Nigeria could not get thru the phone number for booking; how do you think people for those other countries would ?

Having read your comments; I believe there is hidden racketeering going on at the Polish Embassy out there in Abuja. Before I give you a gist about embassies in Nigeria and racketeering; let me answer the question you asked me in another post- Yes I did get a reply from the MFA in Poland. This is the reason I thought the system would have improved and tried the booking today again. I understand it may take some time and that was why I wished all those that are still interested in studying in Poland luck.

To the gist, sometime in year 2000; I was to travel for an event to a country in Europe (name witheld). But it is one of those countries Nigerian flocks to. It would be my second time of travelling to Europe for training and so the system gave priority to people who have been to any of the EU countries for direct visa application(note then it was the paper submission system). There was this staff of the embassy who is well known to those agents. He is a caucasian and was always at the gate to collect visa applications from agents to the embassy. Meanwhile many Nigerians dey gate dey wait on queue to be called in. If u see the bags of money that exchange hands in that embassy as at then o; u go cry. I saw this with my eyes and was shocked but I udnerstand that these people study the country and try to also join the badwagon. So no be dem fault. Na the government fault, wey dey toy with the lives of youths in Nigeria. As a result, everyone dey look for way to leave the country. They (agents of the staff at some of these embassies) see these as well and take advantage by making appointment difficult so one can part with some cash to get appointments which may also be refused in the end. It is well with Nigeria and Nigerians I must confess.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Jiraiya23: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Please does the money in the cc account need to be stuck in that account for a long time ?is it something we have to do months prior to submission of our application ? ie funding the CC
blessednendowed:

If the business person earns a salary then they can use their payslips otherwise they will need to fund a cc and request a cc certificate to show proof of funds.

Pls be sure to go back through the threads and read
Re: Polish Student Visa by Abstract2019: 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2021
palmshots:
However for your authentication and Legalization we got you covered

Re: Polish Student Visa by Odez1: 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2021
@Cregiank

Pls for point: “ Note* if your school offered you admission without being strict that u must legalize, go with ur documents to the embassy on your application submission day and legalize alongside.”

Does this means that if I didn’t book for legalization but I already ve visa application date, I can still legalize my documents d day I go for visa application without booking for legalization?
Re: Polish Student Visa by uncledee201: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Am I the only person applying to the University of Warsaw

If you are biko reach out na, lol

uncledee201:
Any community like that for University of Warsaw?

I am applying to the University of Warsaw and only just sent in my application for Oct 2021 intake!
Re: Polish Student Visa by styven1(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hello.

Please did you have to do the authentication of your documents at the ministry before going for the legalization at the embassy? And how did you go about it?

meridammy:
Good afternoon everyone
Please i have a question, I have been given an appointment date for next week
My sister is my sponsor
She own her own business
And I want to use her payslip at the embassy
Please what documents do I need to provide
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
styven1:
Hello.

Please did you have to do the authentication of your documents at the ministry before going for the legalization at the embassy? And how did you go about it?

Yes u have to authenticate your docs at the ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs b4 proceeding to embassy legalization.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2021
Odez1:

Pls for point: “ Note* if your school offered you admission without being strict that u must legalize, go with ur documents to the embassy on your application submission day and legalize alongside.”

Does this means that if I didn’t book for legalization but I already ve visa application date, I can still legalize my documents d day I go for visa application without booking for legalization?

You can NO longer legalize on the same day as visa appointment. We have said this many times.
You have to book a separate date for legalization please

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2021
Jiraiya23:
Please does the money in the cc account need to be stuck in that account for a long time ?is it something we have to do months prior to submission of our application ? ie funding the CC

Think u emailed me already I have explained offline
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2021
To all:

See although Im not going to judge what is right or wrong here because again a Visa to any country is a privilege not a right. But please lets not expose unclothedness out in the sun which may turn around to bite us right back. For many reasons I cannot disclose here. Because many things we expose here in a public forum will only make it harder for the rest and may come back to hunt us one way or the other. I will not sugar coat my words.If u know whats up, u find ur way and continue along the Poland path. If you dont know whats up, cannot seek for direction or dont agree or if you are not persistent just quietly change paths to another country please.

Naija is for the BRAVE. Poland is for the PERSISTENT..

Generally na who give up in life, mess up. I cannot start listing the benefits of beginning your Japa journey with Poland, we will sleep here. If u know u know. Good things don't come easy

Some things are just meant to be expressed out of a public forum.

4 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by KayBaba01: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2021
[quote author=blessednendowed post=103083661]

To all:

See although Im not going to judge what is right or wrong here because again a Visa to any country is a privilege not a right. But please lets not expose unclothedness out in the sun which may turn around to bite us right back. For many reasons I cannot disclose here. Because many things we expose here in a public forum will only make it harder for the rest and come back to hunt us. I will not sugar coat my words.
If u know whats up, u find ur way and continue along the Poland path. If you dont know whats up, cannot seek for direction or dont agree or if you are not persistent just quietly change paths to another country please.

Some things are just meant to be expressed out of a public forum.

I agree with you bro/sis that not all issues should be discussed in a public forum. I also agree with you that visa to a country is a privilege and not a right. However, I feel if some issues are not discussed openly and brought to the knowledge of those in authority or the relevant agencies; people may tend to suffer unjustly. You see the reaction of the people when Twitter was suspended in Nigeria. The outcry made even the EU, US and UK to issue statements. Although the Nigerian government has not changed its mind on the suspension; but they at least know that these countries do understand what is going on internally in Nigeria.

You are an educated person and comparing visa appointments in other countries embassies in Nigeria to what they have in that of Poland. Can you say the latter is fair in its dealings with Nigerians? A fair appointment system (even if one is given a date in 2022 is better than calling a phone number that is not available all the time). Considering the number of comments I have read on this forum today, I can see an upsurge in the number of Nigerians trying to study in Poland. They deserve an efficient appointment system.

I have put it to the relevant authorities in Poland (with figures) that they stand to make more money from an efficient visa appointment and legalization system than using some old methods that encourages touting and fraud. You can see today that there was someone trying to sell an appointment slot on this very forum. It is unfair and some people here may fall for that and get duped.

Finally, this phoning system will only put the embassy in question under the spotlight. As you have rightly advised, those who know whats up can continue with the process. For others they can try another country. Wishing everyone the very best.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
I just want to urge everyone to be very careful. There are scammers out there o. Many people are being scammed by so called agents on this visa appointment issue.
I know of a few people who gave money for appointment to some agent and when the applicants travel all the way to Abuja , they find out they have no appointment registered and they are not on the embassy appointment list. One of the applicants sef traveled all the way from Ghana.

Be very careful guys please.
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
This question has been asked several times. For the last time let me respond.

Question: If my sponsor is a business man and does not earn a salary what are the supporting documents he must provide?

Answer: If Your sponsor is a business man and not earning a salary he or she will provide the following supporting documentation as proof of funds and sponsorship:

1. CAC registration (optional used to show source of funds)
2. Tax Documents (optional used to show source of funds)
3. Certificate of Credit Card Limit in your sponsor's name (Your sponsor will open a cash backed credit card account in his or her name, fund it and request a certificate of credit card limit.)
4. Letter of Sponsorship or Affidavit of Sponsorship ( Must be signed by your sponsor and notarized by a high court or public notary)
5. Copy of Government Issued ID (Passport, National ID or Voter's ID Card)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by Oluwatunmida: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2021
Heyyyyyy guys, Please who applied to Silesian University of Technology??
How did you pay your application fee

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (568) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.