Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Polish Student Visa - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Polish Student Visa (904222 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (568) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
God bless you abundantly for this post. Only if Nigerian applicants could SPEAK UP! , the polish embassy is exploiting us in our home country. Just imagine!!! I know of Canada and UK visa application procedures. They make use of Visa Application Centres (VACs or VFS) as the case may be. Visa Applicants are at liberty to book appointment at any convenient time they want. Without stress. The visa application fees depends on the processing times you want (Nice idea). Polish Visa application process is just vice-versa. Imagine “BUYING DATES”!!! For 59K DATE that is not your father's property and the Polish consulars aren't aware Just imagine. I think we really need to draw the attention of the Ambassador of Poland to Nigeria about this menace. It's totally uncalled for. And the most annoying part is that Polish universities insist you legalize your documents before application. It's painful.

KayBaba01:
How many people got visa appointments through phone calls this week?
I and 10 different people tried from 9 am till 2 pm with over 250 calls each and none went through, are you telling me it was that busy?
I think there's some game going on in that embassy oo.
Why are they making things difficult intentionally for us?
And one agent will secure an appointment anyhow, is it juju they are using or they are collecting bribe.
I hate it in here, everything in Nigeria must be hard or what?

I do not think you guys applying to schools in Poland wants to actually travel to that country. I rather think you are just trying to enrich the Polish government by paying tuition deposits, application fees to universities without knowing how to get a visa to travel to that country. How on earth would you all be trying to secure an appointment at the Polish Embassy in Nigeria for weeks and some even months and yet some people are still writing about getting admission to universities in Poland till date. Is it the desperation to travel or what?

I reside outside Nigeria and trying to secure an appointment for legalization at the Polish Embassy for a cousin for 2 weeks now with no luck. I have asked him to move on and also trying to get another school for him in another country. It is not worth it to keep trying I must confess. The big countries (e.g. US, Canada, UK, Australia etc) all have online booking or appointment systems. These are countries Nigerians flock to and yet they have a decent appointment system in place. How do one think a country like Poland with her embassy in Nigeria serviing 6 other countries will go for an archaic (19th century) booking system by opening slots for few minutes and locking the portal thereafter. Visa appointment is by phone booking in the 21st century? Dont you think it is a call to fraud or abuse of the system? A phone line open only on Thursdays for few minutes? Is that fair to all as enshrined in the EU Policy on Fairness? How do you think one would secure an appointment by calling a line that us not available without bribing his or her way thru?

Last week after trying to secure appointment for my cousin and unable thru the corrupt e-consulat system; I sent a mail to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Poland for a review of their booking system in Nigeria. I thought the system would have been improved by now owing to my knowledge of workings in some developed countries. I was however disappointed that it is still the same thing. I suggest you all do the same (thats those still interested in studying in Poland). If not, your tuition fees will be gone in a twinkle of an eye after much excuses from the universities on refund etc. Remember some of you also paid a non refundable application fee to some of these Polish Universities and these monies would have been better used even if na for suya and malt for Naija. At least the worms in the belly go bless u for feeding them well instead of wasting the same for a venture that is not profitable.

If they are sincere with promoting their country; they should be fair in their booking system. Thats all. If not they are part of the corruption going on in Nigeria.

I wish you all the best and hope the system is improved soon for those that still want to study in Poland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
Oluwatunmida:
Heyyyyyy guys, Please who applied to Silesian University of Technology??
How did you pay your application fee

Open a dorm account and use transferwise
Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good evening bro, is it okay if my sponsor can only provide me with documents (3), (4) and (5)??
blessednendowed:
This question has been asked several times. For the last time let me respond.

Question: If my sponsor is a business man and does not earn a salary what are the supporting documents he must provide?

Answer: If Your sponsor is a business man and not earning a salary he or she will provide the following supporting documentation as proof of funds and sponsorship:

1. CAC registration
2. Tax Documents
3. Certificate of Credit Card Limit in your sponsor's name (Your sponsor will open a cash backed credit card account in his or her name, fund it and request a certificate of credit card limit.)
4. Letter of Sponsorship or Affidavit of Sponsorship ( Must be signed by your sponsor and notarized by a high court or public notary)
5. Copy of Government Issued ID (Passport, National ID or Voter's ID Card)
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lheman:
Good evening bro, is it okay if my sponsor can only provide me with documents (3), (4) and (5)??

you can do that fine. 1 and 2 are optional just to show source of funds.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Khormzy1(f): 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2021
Please those that didn't use school accomodation as proof of accomodation
How did you go about your accommodation contract and all
Because booking.com isn't accepted anymore
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2021
Lheman:
Pls what is the minimum amount of money that must be in my sponsor’s account if I am going for Masters studies (2 years) in Warsaw University of Technology. Provided that I will pay tuition fee for 1 year?

Does the amount on the Credit Card Certificate need to be equal to or more than the total amount of money I need? Like if I need about 5M, should the amount in the CC be 5M or more than?

Pls what’s the reasonable amount my sponsor can put in the Credit card account?

Add up your total tuition cost for a year + accommodation cost for a year + your living expenses(food,transportation, misc) for a year + your flight cost .
The total amount should be the minimum you should have in your CC.
Remember that living expenses, including accommodation expenses are going to differ based on the city you are going to. So if you are going to larger cities like Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Krakow etc make sure your CC limit is at least 5m or more. The more the better.

Now when you go to a bank to open and fund the cash back credit card like I said earlier they may hold 10-20% of the money as collateral which they will put a lien on. Therefore, for example if you need your CC limit to be set at 5m you need to fund your CC with something around 6m. About 1m will be held as collateral, the other 5m or so will be available as your limit.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
Khormzy1:
Please those that didn't use school accomodation as proof of accomodation
How did you go about your accommodation contract and all
Because booking.com isn't accepted anymore

Booking.com reservations are NO LONGER accepted by the Polish embassy. Please do not go to the embassy with booking.com accommodation reservations else you will receive a denial based on number 8 (you have not justified the purpose of your stay.)
Which city are you going to? I MAY be able to help or provide guidance
Re: Polish Student Visa by anotherguyonNL: 10:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chinedujustice:

It was through phone call ,that's the only way for securing appointment, I wasn't successful in the first week but God helped me in the second week cus their line is always busy,i called over 276x times before I was able to get through, 4 guys came all the way from Lagos but their name wasn't on the appointment list because their agent collected money and lied to them....please the only way to secure appointment is only through phone call to avoid all these mumu agent fraud

Happy you got the interview date, from what I have read here its really tough. Anyway have you done your interview already? what is the interview process like basically?
Re: Polish Student Visa by Tonei199023: 10:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
blessednendowed:

Booking.com reservations are NO LONGER accepted by the Polish embassy. Please do not go to the embassy with booking.com accommodation reservations else you will receive a denial based on number 8 (you have not justified the purpose of your stay.)

Thank you for your respond on this trend is been really helpful, u doing well bro. I just got conditional acceptance from university of economics in ketowice and I have gone through the embassy requirements but my only concern is on how you secure an accomodation reservation accepted by the embassy. Your help will be needed bro thanks

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tonei199023:

Thank you for your respond on this trend is been really helpful, u doing well bro. I just got conditional acceptance from university of economics in ketowice and I have gone through the embassy requirements but my only concern is on how you secure an accomodation reservation accepted by the embassy. Your help will be needed bro thanks

alright you can pm me.
Re: Polish Student Visa by anotherguyonNL: 11:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
Tonei199023:

Congrats, Mine is lodz. Can I pm you?
Re: Polish Student Visa by anotherguyonNL: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hi house, anyone admitted to Lodz or already in Lodz here?
Re: Polish Student Visa by Tonei199023: 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

Congrats, Mine is lodz. Can I pm you?
right away bro
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 1:01am On Jun 26, 2021
Tonei199023:
. Don't I need to get that contract ready first before getting an appointment?

You know the fact is you do not know when you will get an appointment date. So you can make plans towards getting an accommodation. But do not pay to reserve it yet. Get an appointment date first. Once you get an appointment date, then you can pay to reserve the accommodation and ensure that the agent/landlord gives you a contract which states that the accommodation has been paid for and it states the DURATION (the dates/period you will be staying there. Also Make sure it either states that it is for the entire duration of your studies or it should state that you will be accommodated from the beginning date of your studies to the end date of your studies) and it should also state the COST per month. and the complete ADDRESS

If you will be staying at the university dorm or hostel make sure the accommodation letter your school provides to u clearly states the above. If it does not please ask your school to update it to reflect the above.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 5:05am On Jun 26, 2021
Thanks very much, bro. I vividly understand it now. God bless you.
blessednendowed:

Add up your total tuition cost for a year + accommodation cost for a year + your living expenses(food,transportation, misc) for a year + your flight cost.
The total amount should be the minimum you should have in your CC.
Remember that living expenses, including accommodation expenses are going to differ based on the city you are going to. So if you are going to larger cities like Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Gdansk, Krakow etc make sure your CC limit is at least 5m or more. The more the better.

Now when you go to a bank to open and fund the cash back credit card like I said earlier they may hold 10-20% of the money as collateral which they will put a lien on. Therefore, for example if you need your CC limit to be set at 5m you need to fund your CC with something around 6m. About 1m will be held as collateral, the other 5m or so will be available as your limit.

Hope that helps.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Oladeji254(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2021
Bro, I sent u a pm can u please respond.

blessednendowed:

You know the fact is you do not know when you will get an appointment date. So you can make plans towards getting an accommodation. But do not pay to reserve it yet. Get an appointment date first. Once you get an appointment date, then you can pay to reserve the accommodation and ensure that the agent/landlord gives you a contract which states that the accommodation has been paid for and it states the DURATION (the dates/period you will be staying there. Also Make sure it either states that it is for the entire duration of your studies or it should state that you will be accommodated from the beginning date of your studies to the end date of your studies) and it should also state the COST per month. and the complete ADDRESS

If you will be staying at the university dorm or hostel make sure the accommodation letter your school provides to u clearly states the above. If it does not please ask your school to update it to reflect the above.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Khormzy1(f): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2021
I'm going to lublin

blessednendowed:

Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 9:07am On Jun 26, 2021
Good morning everyone, pls if you applied to AMU or planning to apply to AMU, is it possible to upload the legalized documents after the deadline for enrollment fee?
Re: Polish Student Visa by itzwhalez: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2021
I just picked up my visa.
Thanks to everyone and every bit of information provided on this thread�. Really appreciative�

P.S: i applied in the UAE not in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: Polish Student Visa by raymos1s: 9:32am On Jun 26, 2021
Congratulation Boss ,��

itzwhalez:
Thanks to everyone and every bit of information provided on this thread�. Really appreciative�

Re: Polish Student Visa by Linc000: 9:35am On Jun 26, 2021
itzwhalez:

Congratulations....... More testimonies , more visas to come in this platform... Hurray ���

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Tonei199023: 10:11am On Jun 26, 2021
blessednendowed:

. Thank you for your update really helpful.
Re: Polish Student Visa by Lheman: 10:22am On Jun 26, 2021
Congratulations bro. Can you kindly list the documents you submitted?
Thank you.
itzwhalez:

Re: Polish Student Visa by itzwhalez: 10:48am On Jun 26, 2021
Lheman:
Congratulations bro. Can you kindly list the documents you submitted?
Thank you.

-Visa application form
-Passport
-Healthcare insurance
-Copy of an ID document to confirm legal residence
- Proof of accommodation (Dormitory)
- Proof of funds (Salary Certificate)
- Admission documents
- Tuition/Enrollment Fee Receipt (First Semester)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polish Student Visa by yourshopkwikguy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2021
itzwhalez:

-Visa application form
-Passport
-Healthcare insurance
-Copy of an ID document to confirm legal residence
- Proof of accommodation (Dormitory)
- Proof of funds (Salary Certificate)
- Admission documents
- Tuition/Enrollment Fee Receipt (First Semester)

Hi boss, how come were you able to apply from another country?? You've got a UAE resident permit? Or how??
Re: Polish Student Visa by Chidolight7(m): 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hi good afternoo, please I reached out to you via email. Please I would like to know how to go about this authentication and legalisation of documents in Ghana. Thank you as I anticipate your response.
Designnerd:

Thanks a lot for your response. I just started working on it. It's way expensive now
Re: Polish Student Visa by Designnerd: 1:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
I just replied you. Kindly check your mail

Chidolight7:
Hi good afternoo, please I reached out to you via email. Please I would like to know how to go about this authentication and legalisation of documents in Ghana. Thank you as I anticipate your response.

1 Like

Re: Polish Student Visa by Deewhyl: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pls which school do you guys knw that accept statement of waec result...the original certificate is not yet out
Re: Polish Student Visa by blessednendowed: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Deewhyl:
Pls which school do you guys knw that accept statement of waec result...the original certificate is not yet out

Almost all schools would accept you to apply for admission with it. They may even be able to issue a conditional acceptance letter based on that. But please note the school will require you to get it authenticated at MOE and MFA and then legalized at the Polish embassy before you get to poland.

Always email the school before you apply.

Depending on what you want to study just to name a few, these schools I know will allow u to legalize after admission :

University of opole
Silesian University of Technology Gliwice (they may ask for your Jamb results)
Poznan University of Technology

You can always go here and find schools https://study.gov.pl/
Re: Polish Student Visa by itzwhalez: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
yourshopkwikguy:

Hi boss, how come were you able to apply from another country?? You've got a UAE resident permit? Or how??

Yea. You need to be resident to apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) ... (568) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: JasonSuccess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.