Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,159 members, 7,867,364 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) (61235 Views)

Kidnapper Shot Dead By Policemen At Ajamoghan, Warri (Graphic Photos) / Corporate Criminals, Kidnappers Arrested In Lagos After Collecting N3M Ransom / Vigilante Shoots Self Dead While Scaring Away Thieves (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by lomprico(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2015
Thank God he is not igbo, if not that will have been d bane of discussion. I know that the mods will hide this post but if its d igbo bashing thread they will turn a blind eye. God is watching u all.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Tonason: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
emmalezy:
A suspected kidnapper, Niyi Omosola, has been shot dead by the police in the Epe area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Omosola was shot dead during a rescue operation by the police to free a victim, identified simply as Kudirat.

It was gathered that Omosola, while collecting the ransom, sighted the police and decided to escape on a motorcycle when the operatives fired him.

It was gathered that Omosola, who hailed from Ondo State, allegedly led a gang which kidnapped the woman in the Elemoro, Ajah area.

Sixty-two-year-old Kudirat was reportedly abducted by the gang on Thursday, April 16, at about 7pm.

Our correspondent learnt that Kudirat, a businesswoman, was inspecting the construction work at a petrol station she owned in the area when the kidnappers swooped on her and took her away.

It was gathered that the gang later contacted the family and demanded a ransom of N50m. However, after negotiation, our correspondent learnt that the the gang and the family agreed to a ransom of N3m.

PUNCH Metro learnt on Wednesday that Kudirat’s brother, who had been communicating with the gang, took the ransom to an agreed hideout in the Epe area.

However, a team of operatives led by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad Commander, Abba Kyari, was said to have trailed Kudirat’s brother to the hideout.

A police source said Omosola, while collecting the ransom, initially opened fire when he sighted the police.

He added that when the kingpin saw that he was outnumbered, he tried to escape on a motorcycle, leaving the policemen with no choice than to fire him.

He said, “The kidnappers are a notorious gang. They had conducted several operations in the area. In the latest incident, they demanded N50m initially, but when the family could not produce the amount, they finally agreed to N3m. They also arranged where the place of meeting would be in the Epe area.

“The police trailed the brother, who was taking the money to Epe, where Omosola was waiting. Immediately he collected the ransom, he suspected that policemen were around and he began to shoot sporadically.

“He got on a motorcycle and was riding off when he was gunned down. He did not die immediately.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that Omosola, who was injured, led the SARS operatives to a bush between Epe and Ijebu Ode, where the woman was held.

When the police arrived at the hideout, his gang members had reportedly fled the place.

It was gathered that Kudirat was rescued alive by the police, while Omosola eventually died from the gunshot injuries.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said efforts were on to apprehend the remaining gang members.

He said, “When the information was received, the operatives trailed the gang to the location.

“The kidnap kingpin actually fired at SARS operatives, who were carrying out the rescue operation, and they fired back. In the process, he was fatally wounded.

“The woman has been rescued, while the corpse has been deposited at a public morgue.

“Efforts are being intensified to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/kidnapper-shot-dead-while-picking-n3m-ransom/
It serves him well.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by NOBILITY22(f): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2015
santakris:
. I too

We too grin

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by slys(m): 8:32am On Apr 23, 2015
I was here to check the graphic picture
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Decryptor(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Who is the mod that blocked my comment? If it was an IGBO person who did it now, they would leave the comments for the world to see! Nairaland is XENOPHOBIC

4 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Dbboy(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2015
if this man were to be an Igbo man all hell would let loose because last I checked they claim it's just one tribe that is involved in kidnapping. This new development and Chibok girls comes to mind so sad.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by 49cents(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Many who said they came to see the graphic picture actually came to check the name of the kidnapper and start the tribal war which seem to be a new kick for nairaland kids all over the place......but they were sissapointed hence this threrad has b ee dry and low traffic

If it were an igbo name that showed up as a kidnapper all hell would have let loose

I won't start insulting any tribe; my stance has always been that evil is something that can take flesh in any human person

I feel sad that another human being has been consumed by evil.....its very sad

Let us put a stop to this tribalistic attitude honestly it leaves a sour taste in the mouth

Just yesterday I was moved to write a rejoinder on some xenophobic statement by someone hating on the igbos

I will never ever be provoked by such tribalistic statements, rather I will feel sorry for the person who says so for a lack of understanding about the fact that we all are members of this human family made in love by GOD

There is something beautiful in each tribe that I can emulate and evil is not domiciled with any tribe....its a common malaise

Mr Seun should really start banning hate topics on this site cos the degree of hate am seeing around is getting out of hand

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by udokpuenyi(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2015
Mod, if You like hide my comment a million times. Change That Name to either Emeka, Chidi, Ebuka etc so that traffic can accelerate. Abi igbo haters never resume for nl

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by tonychristopher: 8:36am On Apr 23, 2015
These folks from west have taken kidnapping to a new level, the other day it was one yoruba lady that kidnapped three children that said kidnapping is in the family, the other guy at lekki called Lekan last month

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DENTINT THE SOPHISTICATED IMAGE OF YORUBAS. THIS IS AN APPEAL NOT A BASHING

We have to speak out...

emmalezy:
A suspected kidnapper, Niyi Omosola, has been shot dead by the police in the Epe area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Omosola was shot dead during a rescue operation by the police to free a victim, identified simply as Kudirat.

It was gathered that Omosola, while collecting the ransom, sighted the police and decided to escape on a motorcycle when the operatives fired him.

It was gathered that Omosola, who hailed from Ondo State, allegedly led a gang which kidnapped the woman in the Elemoro, Ajah area.

Sixty-two-year-old Kudirat was reportedly abducted by the gang on Thursday, April 16, at about 7pm.

Our correspondent learnt that Kudirat, a businesswoman, was inspecting the construction work at a petrol station she owned in the area when the kidnappers swooped on her and took her away.

It was gathered that the gang later contacted the family and demanded a ransom of N50m. However, after negotiation, our correspondent learnt that the the gang and the family agreed to a ransom of N3m.

PUNCH Metro learnt on Wednesday that Kudirat’s brother, who had been communicating with the gang, took the ransom to an agreed hideout in the Epe area.

However, a team of operatives led by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad Commander, Abba Kyari, was said to have trailed Kudirat’s brother to the hideout.

A police source said Omosola, while collecting the ransom, initially opened fire when he sighted the police.

He added that when the kingpin saw that he was outnumbered, he tried to escape on a motorcycle, leaving the policemen with no choice than to fire him.

He said, “The kidnappers are a notorious gang. They had conducted several operations in the area. In the latest incident, they demanded N50m initially, but when the family could not produce the amount, they finally agreed to N3m. They also arranged where the place of meeting would be in the Epe area.

“The police trailed the brother, who was taking the money to Epe, where Omosola was waiting. Immediately he collected the ransom, he suspected that policemen were around and he began to shoot sporadically.

“He got on a motorcycle and was riding off when he was gunned down. He did not die immediately.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that Omosola, who was injured, led the SARS operatives to a bush between Epe and Ijebu Ode, where the woman was held.

When the police arrived at the hideout, his gang members had reportedly fled the place.

It was gathered that Kudirat was rescued alive by the police, while Omosola eventually died from the gunshot injuries.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, said efforts were on to apprehend the remaining gang members.

He said, “When the information was received, the operatives trailed the gang to the location.

“The kidnap kingpin actually fired at SARS operatives, who were carrying out the rescue operation, and they fired back. In the process, he was fatally wounded.

“The woman has been rescued, while the corpse has been deposited at a public morgue.

“Efforts are being intensified to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/kidnapper-shot-dead-while-picking-n3m-ransom/

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by tonychristopher: 8:37am On Apr 23, 2015
lol, but you said the truth

udokpuenyi:
Mod, if You like hide my comment a million times. Change That Name to either Emeka, Chidi, Ebuka etc so that traffic can accelerate. Abi igbo haters never resume for nl

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by jamace(m): 8:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Why won't the police shoot him dead? The money is too small to share with the police. If the kidnapper had requested for N30m, he would have shared it with the police and he wouldn't have been shot.
Police and lawyers in Naija are the same. Steal big and settle and you go scot free. Steal small, the police and lawyers will vex and give you maximum punishment for wasting their time. There is God ooo!
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Rapzino: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2015
grin
chibwike:
Sekzkillz
the renown tyrant cheesy
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by fyneboi79(m): 8:48am On Apr 23, 2015
Why would a wounded criminal who obviously knows he stands no chance of survival with his wounds and our police,still take them to their hide out Sonds funny sha. Anyway good work to d police.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by KelvinC1(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2015
santakris:
. I too
Too I
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by JimmyBoy1: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2015
Anytime we read about a successful police intervention in robbery or kidnap cases in Lagos State, we are always told that the commander, Abba Kyari led the operation. I really wonder if this commander always in fact lead all operations conducted by SARS or he is just fond of taking glory for the effort of his subordinates, while those ones put their lives on the line all the time

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by typ111: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2015
The guy has really met his waterloo in a disastrous aqua.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by hope4nigeria(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2015
santakris:
. I too
me 3
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by searider(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2015
wrong description of information.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2015
So yorubas dey kidnap pple? I tink say na igbos dey commit such crime.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by bioladudu: 9:05am On Apr 23, 2015
The police shouldn't have fired a killer shot......how will they get the other members of the gang
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Burger01(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2015
abatically:

U need to learn how to read. How do u immobilise a moving target on a motorcycle? U think this is video game?
U need to learn how to reason. So the police couldn't shoot at the tyres of the motorcycle, even at the motorcycle itself if they missed shooting the criminal's legs. Abeg jare..smiley

1 Like

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2015
Burger01:

U need to learn how to reason. So the police couldn't shoot at the tyres of the motorcycle, even at the motorcycle itself if they missed shooting the criminal's legs. Abeg jare..smiley

U should ignore some people sir. They pull you back
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Burger01(m): 9:14am On Apr 23, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

U should ignore some people sir. They pull you back
Thanks my brother jare. I go take to that. Howdy?
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Chinom(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2015
ekenedegreat:
So yorubas dey kidnap pple? I tink say na igbos dey commit such crime.

You no see the result. He was shot dead for a miserly 3 milla. Ofe...boys trying to form big kidnapper. Dem no get the liver for that job. They should stick to picking pockets at motor parks.
Kidnap tinz pass their level...Mitcheeeew.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 23, 2015
Burger01:

Thanks my brother jare. I go take to that. Howdy?
Me dey kampe. Except for HO cry cry
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Chamber10(m): 9:18am On Apr 23, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
The guy no sharp joor

Is that all you have to say. I dey suspect you. Oya answer me...You be kidnapper? grin angry shocked
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by fergieboy: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2015
done and wasted

Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2015
Chinom:

You no see the result. He was shot dead for a miserly 3 milla. Ofe...boys trying to form big kidnapper. Dem no get the liver for that job. They should stick to picking pockets at motor parks.
Kidnap tinz pass their level...Mitcheeeew.

And your point is?
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by illiad: 9:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Now let me say it as it is.

All the Yorubas on nairaland God go punish una if una pass by this thread without saying 'Hi' to one of una blood.

You people are the pioneer of everything evil in this country. You people started armed robbery, bribery, tribalism, hating other tribes, kidnapping, rape, in'cest, thuggerry, ghost worker, pick pocket, fake certificates forgery, cowardice and 2faced treachery, unreliability and depth of hell evil machinations.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Ologunjude(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Graphic picture! Graphic picture! Are you guys not tired of seeing blood. Free my guy abeg. Meanwhile I think Laos state police command are getting results this day. Hit like if you agree.
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by lilcashking(m): 9:32am On Apr 23, 2015
Burger01:
Wey the graphic picture. Op, you know the meaning of graphic in a picture
smiley

Btw, our police force need to learn how to immobilize criminals by legs rather than killing them outrightly. Now, the guy don die, how would they be able to trace and arrest his accomplices
I don't think u read these article,but next time before u comment trash make sure u read the stroy.ODE
Re: Kidnapper Shot Dead While Picking N3m Ransom (graphic Photo) by Chinom(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

And your point is?

Don't bite more than you can chew... besides, i usually laugh my head off when dumb criminals get caught or shot. Not supporting Kidnapping though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Half Nude Women Chase Away Police As Ijaw Escalate Fight With Oba Of Benin / Interesting Chats Between A Yahoo Boy Trying To Scam A Smart Nigerian Man / Photo Of The Man Who Raped His Mother In Edo After Beating His Parents Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.