Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:12 AM

Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward (797 Views)

*we Appreciate Contributions Of Armed Forces To Nation Building, Says Saraki / The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts / WhAT RE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF S.E REGION INTO FEDERATION ACCOUNT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2015
Greetings to everyone out there.

This thread is for those that believe in Nigeria and that we can indeed be a great nation and truly take our place in the international space. I want contributions on how we can make things work in Nigeria. How can we achieve the Nigeria of our dreams? A Nigeria where a great majority of people are happy and proud to be Nigerians.

The floor is open.

God bless Nigeria. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Schipolkky2211: 10:13am On Apr 23, 2015
In my opinion, i think the major thing nigeria needs is power(electricity). Ones there is power, foreign and local investors will come reducing unemployment, self employed culture would be encouraged, security activities shall be carried out with ease, maintenance culture would improve, inflation would be properly managed, our naira value would improve, the economy as a whole would be better. So General Mohammed Buhari take note.
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Schipolkky2211:
In my opinion, i think the major thing nigeria needs is power(electricity). Ones there is power, foreign and local investors will come reducing unemployment, self employed culture would be encouraged, security activities shall be carried out with ease, maintenance culture would improve, inflation would be properly managed, our naira value would improve, the economy as a whole would be better. So General Mohammed Buhari take note.

So you want Buhari to start with power right? That is cool, even God started by creating light. I agree with you.
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Bigdreams(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Power is of paramount importance as it helps to drive Small & Medium scale Enterprises (SMEs) who form the bedrock of production and continuous business activities.

If power is constant, I believe that existing businesses will be able to improve (all things being equal) while new ones will be encouraged to start.

Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Walemi1(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2015
Refineries should be built in Nigeria so we'll have fuel at a cheaper price. We have a large tomato belt and we are still one of the highest importers of tomato.If we can reduce import goods,it will go a long way in helping our economy
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Sweetguy25: 10:51am On Apr 23, 2015
Restructure the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by cy4cent(f): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2015
I think corruption should be tackled first, the money to fight insecurity, fix power n do a whole lot of things that can make Nigeria work, are in the hands of a few people.

with the fall in oil price, even if they plan ,sow n look into other sectors now, it will take some time to harvest from those sectors.

thirdly, if they tow the route of business as usual,pumping the small money we have now into any sector without coming down strong on corruption, the whole money spent in every sector will be sabotaged, n we will go back to square one.
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Restructure the country.

That's the ONLY solution. Unitary system of government is an official invite to corruption!
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by cocoduck: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2015
before the abusers arrive , restructuring Nigeria is the only solution imagine the problem as a tree the roots iare lack of unity and over centralization then the branches are corruption insecurity bad and decaying infrastructures lack of employment etc if Buhari tackles corruption and others yes they will in some way work But they will definitely bounce back and we will start afresh because it is like cutting down the tree It will grow again Why not uproot the roots altogether and eliminate the problems once and for all
Re: Contributions On How To Make Nigeria Work And Move Forward by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
cocoduck:
before the abusers arrive , restructuring Nigeria is the only solution imagine the problem as a tree the roots iare lack of unity and over centralization then the branches are corruption insecurity bad and decaying infrastructures lack of employment etc if Buhari tackles corruption and others yes they will in some way work But they will definitely bounce back and we will start afresh because it is like cutting down the tree It will grow again Why not uproot the roots altogether and eliminate the problems once and for all

Well, let us see if Buhari will look towards that direction.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Is Not A No Man's Land. But / Breaking: (alhaji Lasisi Oluboyo) Nominated As Replacement / Buhari Bars AIT From Covering His Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.