Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? (793 Views)

Proud Celestial Church Couple Rock Their White Church Outfit In Prewedding Photo / Groom Puts Head In Wife's Wedding Gown At Wedding Venue(photos) / The Issue Of White Gown During Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by korel9: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2015
I'm just curious. smiley

Why can't the bride just dress sweet or even corporate? grin

Why must it be a white or bridal gown?
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by dulux07(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2015
White represents purity, its culture not a choice
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2015
korel9:
I'm just curious. smiley

Why can't the bride just dress sweet or even corporate? grin

Why must it be a white or bridal gown?
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by Humulity: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2015
That is an ancient biblical tradition(decorum). There are many biblical references about wedding garment, white was not specified neither suit for men. But white signifies purity, and a maiden is supposed to be pure and chaste till her wedding day. I have seen a man on traditional attire for church wedding. I have been in a church service where a minister of the gospel annonced to his congregation that once you have agreed with a lady to get married and the bride price paid, that you don't have to put on any special cloth. Once you watch and iron what you have that he will wed you. If you give him notice, he will host you for lunch as his own gift.
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by korel9: 11:40am On Apr 23, 2015
dulux07:
White represents purity, its culture not a choice

I'm not actually referring to the colour here but the fact that why must it be a flowing gown?
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by ivyy(f): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2015
korel9:

I'm not actually referring to the colour here but the fact that why must it be a flowing gown?

It's not a must jooo. grin
Re: Why Is White Gown A Must For White/ Church Weddings? by korel9: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2015
ivyy:

It's not a must jooo. grin

Abi? grin

(1) (Reply)

The Lady All Guys Crave About And Her Deformity. / WHAT! Three Women Raped Man? / The One Meant For You: A Study On Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.