Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version (38950 Views)

China Demands Dry Yam From Nigeria, Yam Exportation Begins July 2017 / Poundo Yam Flour Production (pre- Feasibility & Cost Analysis) / Nigerians To Pay More For Garri, Yam, Others In Coming Weeks – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 7:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
mre and more pictures

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
pictures again

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2015
more pictures

1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by queenprecy(f): 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2015
following
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by arent88(m): 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Thumbs up ymodulus.nice job u ar doing just want to chip in some few contributions as per locations to buy cheap yams in niger state.there is kuta market and beji market u can get cheaper yams there too.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by kolomax(m): 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
judeiria:

Thanks for your swift reply. pls I will like to know
1. the cost of buying 100 pieces of yam in saki.
2. the likely cost of transporting it to ibadan.
3. the likely costof transporting it to Lagos.
sorry that I didn't respond earlier so the price is 13-16k but am unable to get the transport Fair once my Friend get in touch with me am gonna update you
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Paradise163(f): 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
kolomax:
sorry that I didn't respond earlier so the price is 13-16k but am unable to get the transport Fair once my Friend get in touch with me am gonna update you
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Paradise163(f): 7:58am On Apr 25, 2015
This is very informative
I recommend for Frontpage
Ishilove , lalsticlala , Seun

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Lstar4real(m): 8:05am On Apr 25, 2015
Here in Ikorodu... These Yam are cheap...its Like #300 #250 #350 For 1 depend on how big its..so how will someone living in this area make reasonable profit?

Pls anyone can quote me

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
flowsamuels:
LOL..true bt we saying almost thesame thing. 2k for 40yams,4k for 80yams..5k for 100yams...that's almost bro,you can get it way cheaper in zaki biam even,bt you know everytin dpends on ya bargaining prowess...and if you can speak the language too its a plus.

Nice one.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
Oga Ymodulus

I dey hail.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by enilove(m): 7:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
If you buy at that rate and bring it to Lagos , am sure you will not get a buyer unless you are ready to make a loss.

How big is the yam that would make someone to buy a tuber for #900 ?

5 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
enilove:
If you buy at that rate and bring it to Lagos , am sure you will not get a buyer unless you are ready to make a loss.

How big is the yam that would make someone to buy a tuber for #900 ?

Hi Enilive,

I will advice you make research in mile13 market yourself to ascertain price yourself. Some Yams go as high as #54k to land Lagos and they are been sold.

When am up to that section will treat that. Also when I go home I will cross check my books to reconfirm prices.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by gboyetade: 11:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
in
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by samuelkingz(m): 11:35am On Apr 26, 2015
well....i dnt knw how it happened maybe its because am already followinghim...but watever ymodulus post or opens a thread...i already know...following u bumper to fender sir...#ur online pikin#
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:39am On Apr 30, 2015
What happen to this thread nw?. . . No more update? Ymodulus
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by dav8id(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
another best market TO SELL YAM IS PH.

cheap yam market in nasarawa state are ..

Agyeragu market,
Yam store in lafia

and bhying directly from farmers at their homes.

when i get to lafia by weekend i will do some little confirmation and update your guys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by judajix(m): 8:49am On May 01, 2015
Oga Young is quite busy these days.. ..500lvl things..

So bear with him
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Trippledots(m): 12:18pm On May 05, 2015
really interexted in this. 2 qquick questions

1. how many days max does it take to sell off a kwarai, and also how long to transport it from benue or niger to lag

2. is cost of transporutation of yhe seller included in the expense u quoted ove

@ Ymodulus
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nelton(m): 7:45am On May 06, 2015
Ymodulus:

Hi Enilive,

I will advice you make research in mile13 market yourself to ascertain price yourself. Some Yams go as high as #54k to land Lagos and they are been sold.

When am up to that section will treat that. Also when I go home I will cross check my books to reconfirm prices.
I am so glad you started this thread. This is a business I was planning on doing, just trying to source funds. However from the research I have so far made, I think your prices are a bit on the high side. In mile 12 as at last week a kwarai of yam cost about 26k and if the tubers are big btw 28-30k. That is the price at mile 12 . I also kbow that you can source for yam also from south western states like Ondo and Ekiti where they have large concentration of Igbira people. In those places you can get the yam for 10-12k per kwarai. If you add transport and all other expenses you get it to your destination for 15k.

6 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by dav8id(m): 9:36am On May 06, 2015
Nelton:

I am so glad you started this thread. This is a business I was planning on doing, just trying to source funds. However from the research I have so far made, I think your prices are a bit on the high side. In mile 12 as at last week a kwarai of yam cost about 26k and if the tubers are big btw 28-30k. That is the price at mile 12 . I also kbow that you can source for yam also from south western states like Ondo and Ekiti where they have large concentration of Igbira people. In those places you can get the yam for 10-12k per kwarai. If you add transport and all other expenses you get it to your destination for 15k.

in my state is not even up to 10k for kwaria (nasarawa state) but now is not the best time for yam business...for good output i suggest one start during the season then storage it and resell when during the off peak season

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by OCTAVO: 11:53pm On May 06, 2015
Nelton:

This is very correct. I was at mile12 market on Saturday, 2nd of May 2015. A Kwarai was around 22k. Was also told this is not the best time to go into yam biz. I travelled from Ilorin to Lagos to make my findings.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ayus34(m): 12:21am On May 07, 2015
dav8id:

in my state is not even up to 10k for kwaria (nasarawa state) but now is not the best time for yam business...for good output i suggest one start during the season then storage it and resell when during the off peak season
depend on the size and ur technique of buying it....but in niger,yam of 12k will be a good bargain,it will command a good price in a place like lagos,if ur yam is too small,it might pose a problem to sell.
If u ve means of buying....serikin pawa,kuta,qwada re good places to buy yam in niger!
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 3:54pm On May 07, 2015
Will update the thread soon. Been so busy. And on my prices, am so sure of them. Would be at the market tomorrow. Any one around can hook me up so we go together. I will take care of expenses
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nelton(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2015
Ymodulus:
Will update the thread soon. Been so busy. And on my prices, am so sure of them. Would be at the market tomorrow. Any one around can hook me up so we go together. I will take care of expenses

Which market are you going to? If it is in lagos, give me a call let me join you.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Twaci(f): 10:04am On May 08, 2015
Ymodulus:
Good day smiley. Pls kindly check ur mail. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 11:00am On May 08, 2015
Modified
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 6:49pm On May 09, 2015
Today Market Visit / Buying. With 2Nairalander. #Portharcout

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ymodulus: 6:56pm On May 09, 2015
Will complete thread soon. Been so busy. Please
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by klevjey: 11:35am On May 11, 2015
initialize:
Na our Young.... He's young but i don't mind following him.

Yes, I'm his follower.

#Team Ymodulus

Init don show.

u no dey shame? old man like u dey follow young boy
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by initialize(m): 1:51pm On May 11, 2015
klevjey:

u no dey shame? old man like u dey follow young boy

grin

No shame at all

4 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nelton(m): 2:57pm On May 19, 2015
Where is Yrmodulus? Please don't abandon this thread. We will be glad to get updates. We understand that you might have been busy but please find time in your busy schedule to update us regularly for those of us are yet to begin. God bless you as you do so.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Folorunso Alakija Gives Prophetic Prayers / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 / I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.