Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,757 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version (38946 Views)

China Demands Dry Yam From Nigeria, Yam Exportation Begins July 2017 / Poundo Yam Flour Production (pre- Feasibility & Cost Analysis) / Nigerians To Pay More For Garri, Yam, Others In Coming Weeks – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by generaljosh(m): 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
@Ymodulus, pls give us more update on this business.....I'm really interested
God bless u bro
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jasi7(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
kolomax:
sorry that I didn't respond earlier so the price is 13-16k but am unable to get the transport Fair once my Friend get in touch with me am gonna update you

Kolomax this yam business is making sense to me,I wont lie....if I may ask,if I were to buy 100pieces at 13k like u stated aand let me assume i need to transport it to lagos say 7k at worst...thats 20k right?...Ymodulus posted pictures of yams costing 31k(plus expenses) to lagos nd also d one 54-55k to b sold for 67k...frm my calculations the profit has been around 12-13k.my question is this, can I sell d same yams bought at 13k d same way and price d ones bought for 55k wer sold?...u catch my drift right?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jasi7(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nelton:

I am so glad you started this thread. This is a business I was planning on doing, just trying to source funds. However from the research I have so far made, I think your prices are a bit on the high side. In mile 12 as at last week a kwarai of yam cost about 26k and if the tubers are big btw 28-30k. That is the price at mile 12 . I also kbow that you can source for yam also from south western states like Ondo and Ekiti where they have large concentration of Igbira people. In those places you can get the yam for 10-12k per kwarai. If you add transport and all other expenses you get it to your destination for 15k.

And sell for how much if I may ask...sori to bother jst gathering info dats all
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by kolomax(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2015
Jasi7:

Kolomax this yam business is making sense to me,I wont lie....if I may ask,if I were to buy 100pieces at 13k like u stated aand let me assume i need to transport it to lagos say 7k at worst...thats 20k right?...Ymodulus posted pictures of yams costing 31k(plus expenses) to lagos nd also d one 54-55k to b sold for 67k...frm my calculations the profit has been around 12-13k.my question is this, can I sell d same yams bought at 13k d same way and price d ones bought for 55k wer sold?...u catch my drift right?
yaaaa but it seems Yam is costly this time around than last because we didn't have enough rain this season but no matter how much you buy it from saki am very sure when you get to lagos or other cities you gonna make lot of profit
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by favour2012(f): 11:59am On Oct 06, 2015
I can help you to buy yam and send to you
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jasi7(m): 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
kolomax:
yaaaa but it seems Yam is costly this time around than last because we didn't have enough rain this season but no matter how much you buy it from saki am very sure when you get to lagos or other cities you gonna make lot of profit

Pls wat time of the year can I get yams cheap in saki cos I want to give it a try...the profits r impressive honestly...and secondly if I arrive lagos wit d yams,wether I knw any seller or not shey d yams for sure wil b bought?..why I ask is because I dnt hv any customer who buys frm me at all since dis is my first time.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by OCTAVO: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
Jasi7:

Pls wat time of the year can I get yams cheap in saki cos I want to give it a try...the profits r impressive honestly...and secondly if I arrive lagos wit d yams,wether I knw any seller or not shey d yams for sure wil b bought?..why I ask is because I dnt hv any customer who buys frm me at all since dis is my first time.
Lolzzzzz, bros go to Lagos and do your research first before you take your Yams there. #MyAdvice
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jasi7(m): 3:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
OCTAVO:

Lolzzzzz, bros go to Lagos and do your research first before you take your Yams there. #MyAdvice

Alryt...no wahala
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by kolomax(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
Jasi7:

just get a good location thats all and minimise your price
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by OCTAVO: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by jendor123: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
Is it advisable to buy yam now nd what is d current price for now.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by greenmatorganic: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2015
@Ymodulus I guess you have to give each lot or kwarai of yam you buy different markings & jot down the price so as to guide the Dilalis on the sales price at the market.

Also, how do you identify those whom stores yams within the market before your ready to load them on the Truck or is it stored at the same shed where the yam is bought.

Regards Logistics, would one have to ask around for the Charterman's offfice or theirs a designated area I guess for them, so one doesn't pay the wrong people for transportion foolishly, as the Yams won't be going anywhere fast.

Pls shed some light on how to obtain the drivers mobile number and how often does one ring them to ascertain their location on their journey to ones designated market.

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by oevenme(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sitting at the very front sit, holding my writing materials and listening, ride on boss
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Fumbaby: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
OCTAVO:

This is very correct. I was at mile12 market on Saturday, 2nd of May 2015. A Kwarai was around 22k. Was also told this is not the best time to go into yam biz. I travelled from Ilorin to Lagos to make my findings.

Do you reside in ilorin? Are you a farmer?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
If you want cheap yam head straight to zaki biam benue state,they v got the biggest yam market in the country. 100 yam can be gotten for 10k.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by smcotty(m): 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
flowsamuels:
Try to be sure of anything bfore talking. There is no specie of yam called IYOO. Iyoo is the tiv name of Yam.(Tivs are the major ethnicity in Benue). There are species like. . . AGATU,GBANGO,SAM PEPPER,...gbango is the sweetest 1 and sells a bit higher than others. In benue I think the biggest yam market is in ZAKI-BIAM. You can get a 100 pcs of yam for as low as 7-12 thousand....yams are cheaper thia just that their agberos can be a pin in the ass. I CAN TELL YOU ANYTIN ABT YAM IN BENUE STATE.

Bro kindly drop ur contact I'd like to get in touch with you or Call/Whatsapp 07064905076 thanks
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by whizqueen(f): 7:24am On Jan 13, 2016
Has anyone gone into this yam business in wholesale? I need a partner wink

Not business partner tho
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Gnen: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2016
whizqueen:
Has anyone gone into this yam business in wholesale? I need a partner wink

Not business partner tho
whizqueen contact me.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by whizqueen(f): 4:26pm On Jan 13, 2016
Gnen:
whizqueen contact me.
Run away boyfriend cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by unphilaz(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
grin
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by cicc2010(f): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
am very much interested in the yam business. i already have a space to sell. but ineed ymodulus to help me with some information before travelling to niger state. pls
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by jamarionj(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
Wow! this tread is really Educating.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by yomojesu: 3:01am On Jan 16, 2016
I have learnt a lot from this thread and thanks to Oga ymodulus and others! I am currently planning to go into this biz in few days time but i need a partner (someone who's already into it) to give me some information (it's urgent).

Pls call me on - 08115483000
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by vekanem(m): 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
If I am not mistaken, ymodulus has said everything that needs to be known about yam business. You have the locations and names of places with you. Why don't you work with the idea that you have and make it come good. Mind you, He wouldn't have known the ups and downs if he kept procrastinating the business he once did. Am sorry to say this. The guy barely have time and he is always busy. So why not work with what you have. Good news is, you know what to expect. Myonepiece.
Still you could go to Niger or Venue and purchase yams. Its in abundance at the moment. Store it til when there is scarcity of yams. Then you bring your yams out and supply it. I believe you will still make a good profit from it.
Be like say I don talk too much sef. Source for your market first o.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jethrolite(m): 11:32am On Apr 01, 2016
flowsamuels:
Try to be sure of anything bfore talking. There is no specie of yam called IYOO. Iyoo is the tiv name of Yam.(Tivs are the major ethnicity in Benue). There are species like. . . AGATU,GBANGO,SAM PEPPER,...gbango is the sweetest 1 and sells a bit higher than others. In benue I think the biggest yam market is in ZAKI-BIAM. You can get a 100 pcs of yam for as low as 7-12 thousand....yams are cheaper thia just that their agberos can be a pin in the ass. I CAN TELL YOU ANYTIN ABT YAM IN BENUE STATE.
Please what is the current price of yam in zaki biam, is plantain also sold there and can I bring palm oil and Garri to sell there.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by dimade1: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
very educative

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by jamarionj(m): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
Cool!
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by jamarionj(m): 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Cool
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Austyn44(m): 1:27am On May 11, 2016
Hello, I work and live in Minna presently so anyone interested in the yam business should contact me especially people who want to sell in Lagos. I can supply. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by millhouse: 4:12am On May 11, 2016
Gud
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nelton(m): 6:44am On May 11, 2016
Austyn44:
Hello, I work and live in Minna presently so anyone interested in the yam business should contact me especially people who want to sell in Lagos. I can supply. Thanks.
Supply at what price to Lagos? Tell us your price and let's see if we can deal.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by hyaly: 6:05am On May 24, 2016
i base in minna and i really want to go into yam business but my problem is where to sell the yam in large quantity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Folorunso Alakija Gives Prophetic Prayers / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 / I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.