Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version (38949 Views)

China Demands Dry Yam From Nigeria, Yam Exportation Begins July 2017 / Poundo Yam Flour Production (pre- Feasibility & Cost Analysis) / Nigerians To Pay More For Garri, Yam, Others In Coming Weeks – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2016
Ymodulus:
Will update the thread soon. Been so busy. And on my prices, am so sure of them. Would be at the market tomorrow. Any one around can hook me up so we go together. I will take care of expenses
which market boss?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by enomakos(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2016
herringbone:
If you want cheap yam head straight to zaki biam benue state,they v got the biggest yam market in the country. 100 yam can be gotten for 10k.
are you sure?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by enomakos(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2016
How much is a kwarai of yam right now in saki oyo state?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 04, 2016
Austyn44:
Hello, I work and live in Minna presently so anyone interested in the yam business should contact me especially people who want to sell in Lagos. I can supply. Thanks.
really? How much is per kwarai?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2016
Austyn44:
Hello, I work and live in Minna presently so anyone interested in the yam business should contact me especially people who want to sell in Lagos. I can supply. Thanks.
really? How much is per kwarai? And what's the size like
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 04, 2016
hyaly:
i base in minna and i really want to go into yam business but my problem is where to sell the yam in large quantity.

I have contacts in mile 12 here in lag. Let's deal 08034545089 dats my whatsapp line
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Zachxolan(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ymodulus:
1. Pictures of Yams / Yam market ( Using Garatu as case Study )
2. Requirements.
3. Business Problem.
4. Locations where Yams are/can be sourced from?

4. Tips to take note of why buying yams
5. Types of Yams
6. Logistics / Cost of buying the Yam (Cost breakdown )
7. Transportation
8. Retailing Areas / Market ( I.e Places where you sell yam after buying )
8a. Price break down of how they are been sold in these market
9. Gains / Profit
10. Exporting Yams ( UK / China, outside Nigeria )
11. Questions
12. Advice and contributions.
Please I have sent you a pm, Kindly reply its very urgent.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by knostbrown01(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2016
Ymodulus:
Will complete thread soon. Been so busy. Please

you hve being helpfu bro, where can I get yam in large quantity this time around like 3kwarai
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by mashnino(m): 6:17am On Jun 19, 2016
knostbrown01:

you hve being helpfu bro, where can I get yam in large quantity this time around like 3kwarai

It depends on your location

if you are in Lagos or PH it will be easier to get the yam to you

because transportation to these 2 states is cheaper compared to other states

i.e from Garatu yam market

well, i can help you get the yams, i will go to garatu get it for you and you pick it from either of the locations above

if you are interested mail me umarmash2@gmail.com
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Kamkamdd: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
Very educative and interesting.As a new enterant into dis biz,how do u contend wit dos alrdy in d biz and trying 2 monopolise it by way of unions etc?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Kamkamdd: 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=mashninoIt depends on your location

if you are in Lagos or PH it will be easier to get the yam to youbecause transpotion to these 2 states is cheaper compared to other sta
well, i can help you get the yams, i will go to garatu get it for you and you pick it from either of the locations above

if you are interested mail me umarmash2@gmail.com[/quote
Bro,our problem in Nig is trust.Can u be trusted?Dats d question.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by mashnino(m): 1:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kamkamdd:
[quote author=mashninoIt depends on your location

if you are in Lagos or PH it will be easier to get the yam to youbecause transpotion to these 2 states is cheaper compared to other sta

if you are interested mail me umarmash2@gmail.com[/quote
Bro,our problem in Nig is trust.Can u be trusted?Dats d question.

I can't tell you if you should trust me or not

But i know for sure i am not willing to spoil my reputation online or anywhere else
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Keziehenry(m): 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
Austyn44:
add me on whatsap 070 and lets talk
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Kamkamdd: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=mashnino post=46716769][/quote. Its ok.I sent u a mail.Check ur email,lets start from there.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by mashnino(m): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=Kamkamdd post=46720860][/quote]

What's your e-mail address
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Kamkamdd: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=mashnino post=46722467]
What's your e-mail address[/quote jemac.alternatives
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Intelligentdude(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2016
Following..
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2016
If You have been to any of the location mentioned in this post to buy or sell why not update to encourage Us.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by knostbrown01(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
kolomax:
In-case you need cheap yams kindly visit saki in oyo state or ilesha baruba kwara state when you need guides let me know

I need guide, is yam available now?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by slimm602: 1:06am On Aug 04, 2016
@ymodulus all what you have said is totally truth and and real.i'm in niger state presently have been looking forward to this business pls for d sake of god can I hav ur number for more conversation on dis.dis my number 08081731690 I will be xpecting ur reply
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
This recession is not a good time to remain in one line of business.

Any business that pays..
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by sshy: 5:16am On Sep 11, 2016
Abeg send ur number, let's talk
kolomax:
sorry that I didn't respond earlier so the price is 13-16k but am unable to get the transport Fair once my Friend get in touch with me am gonna update you
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by sshy: 5:22am On Sep 11, 2016
Cal me 08188588576
whizqueen:
Has anyone gone into this yam business in wholesale? I need a partner wink

Not business partner tho
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by sshy: 5:23am On Sep 11, 2016
Call me 08188588576
cicc2010:
am very much interested in the yam business. i already have a space to sell. but ineed ymodulus to help me with some information before travelling to niger state. pls
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by sshy: 5:24am On Sep 11, 2016
Plz drop ur number or call me 08188588576
Ymodulus:
1. Pictures of Yams / Yam market ( Using Garatu as case Study )
2. Requirements.
3. Business Problem.
4. Locations where Yams are/can be sourced from?

4. Tips to take note of why buying yams
5. Types of Yams
6. Logistics / Cost of buying the Yam (Cost breakdown )
7. Transportation
8. Retailing Areas / Market ( I.e Places where you sell yam after buying )
8a. Price break down of how they are been sold in these market
9. Gains / Profit
10. Exporting Yams ( UK / China, outside Nigeria )
11. Questions
12. Advice and contributions.
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Fumbaby: 11:34am On Sep 26, 2016
OCTAVO:

This is very correct. I was at mile12 market on Saturday, 2nd of May 2015. A Kwarai was around 22k. Was also told this is not the best time to go into yam biz. I travelled from Ilorin to Lagos to make my findings.

have you started the Biz bro?
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Enesi47: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
OCTAVO:

This is very correct. I was at mile12 market on Saturday, 2nd of May 2015. A Kwarai was around 22k. Was also told this is not the best time to go into yam biz. I travelled from Ilorin to Lagos to make my findings.
hello sir are you @ ilorin now, I heard that ilorin yam is out
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by abbas99(m): 7:51am On Oct 25, 2016
Ymodulus:
[size=16pt]Necessary Logistics when Buying Yam.[/size]

First there are two types of yam I know from experience; these are
1. Giwa Yam
2. Kwasi Yam

Giwa Yam good for pounding and has a rough back, meanwhile Kwasi Yam is good for eating and pounding and have a smooth back.

From experience these type of yam is not taking into consideration when buying from bulk. You just tell them you want yam and look the market for the yam you want.

Buying the Yam Terminologies you should know

1. Kwarais: This is the unit of buying Yam at the market. Just like how we call MUDU when buying Garri. 1 Kwarai of yam is equal to 100tubers. Yam are sold in Kwarais.

2. Good yams: This is my own invented word to describe yams that are sellable in the south. Yams of this nature ranges from ( N17,000 - N50,000 ) per kwarai

3. UNION Fees. : like how a driver who loads vehicle at a Motor Parks pays a fee for loading so also same way do yam buyers pay union fee for buying Yam. Note that these fees are compulsory, if you do not pay this fee even the farmer won't sell the yam too you. These fees are collected by either farmer who hands them over to union boys or you pay the boys directly at spot.
We have two types of union fees known as;
a). Amfani
b). Dibia
Both union fees cost at least N400 , but are negotiable. Very negotiable, last time for a yam of N30,000/kwarai I paid N650 for both Amfani and Dibia ( I.e #325 each ).

3. Seedling Yams: This kind of yam is not for eating or cooking but for planting. Though they can be cooked but they are too small.

4. Truck Pushers: After buying yams you will need to some wheel barrow guys to transport the yam for you to the motor/ vehicle where the yam will be loaded and taking to the south. Note it cost N100 to push a kwarai of yam to the vehicle point.

5. Loaders: These are the Guys that will load your yam into the trailer or haulage vehicle. It cost N150.

6. Transportation of Yam:
Different locations have different price. The following are prices and their location;

1. From Minna ———> Ibadan. Cost N1000 per Kwarai
2. From Minna. ———> Lagos. N2000 per Kwarai
3. From Minna ———> PortHarcout. N3500 — N4000 per Kwarai
4. From Minna. ———> kano. N2000 per Kwarai.
The park where all these vehicles stop will be explaimed under buying.

7. Vehicles: yam can be transported using Trailers, or big trucks with container behind. Whicj ever is yoir choice.

8. Yam Marking: After buying your yam, the person who sold it to you will write your name on the yam using a marker. This is to signify the yam is yours. Any yam you see marked in the marker as already been paid for

Ur analysis is excellent,can I hav ur contact,I want to be sellin to ph an lag from minna
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by olusteph: 9:18pm On May 27, 2017
Telegram Group : This is an international group created to facilitate buying and selling of divers raw and processed agriculture farm produce - Cassava,Yam,Grains,Poultry,Piggery,Oil,Fish,Cash crops, seeds and more

Group link:
https:///agricproductsbuyandsell
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by TY4succex(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Ymodulus,
kindly send your email so we can talk better on your post .
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Ayus4u(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2017
@Ymodulus, pls how can I get in touch with you. I need ur email address or whatsapp no
Re: Do It Yourself - Yam Business Version by Jethrolite(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2018
Ymodulus:
more pictures
How do you move with the yam and how do you market them in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Folorunso Alakija Gives Prophetic Prayers / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 / I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.