Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal (27624 Views)

Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by amarachi06(f): 2:53am On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.
How you take know, abi you die before?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Reference(m): 3:00am On Apr 24, 2015
wwwkaycom:
Let NNPC continue to live in the past, they see the chop chop subsidy as the best for Nigeria, they have never make suggestions on how our refineries can work, I know they are talking about subsidy so as to hoodwink GMB to believe that they love Nigeria and therefore forget about their numerous atrocities against Nigeria, stupid people. Let a thorough probe of NNPC/Alison Madueke/GEJ/PEJ be carried out to ascertain the level of evil perpetrated by these glutons since 2010, then let all that are culpable be sent to Bauchi prison or Gashua, let all the management of NNPC be removed, then we can be sure we are starting a new country as from May 29, bunch of idiots!

and how does that address the issue of our quest for cheap oil via subsidies. For your info. It is nigh impossible to effectively run an industrial process where the products donot sustain it. For instance you simply cannot run a refinery by government allocation alone such as in a subsidy regim.. The operations are just too complex for bottle necks and red tape Nigeria edition.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by okocha10: 3:03am On Apr 24, 2015
I'm very sufe for u to write such comment about PGMB you must have tOok some Alomo
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by micktoxin(m): 3:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Common sense, really. Anyways, with the threat of global spare capacity exceeding 8 million barrels per day, OPEC will lose even more price control, thus resulting in sharp drop in crude oil prices. Nigeria better start readjusting, because Saudi guys are not bluffing anytime soon (At least another year).

What an oily mess.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Motolank: 3:19am On Apr 24, 2015
Eeeeee eeeeee eeeeee eeeeee eeeeee eeeeee interesting
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by sheylarhh(m): 3:34am On Apr 24, 2015
bright007:
shoro niyen?
oyami lenu o
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Haishophem(m): 4:01am On Apr 24, 2015
Subsidy should be removed asap cos its one of the channels where the few elites suck the nation dry. I wish Nigerians can see the removal as what we needed at this time cos the subsidy is really not reflecting on the said subsidized products.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Burger01(m): 4:35am On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.
Lol... Like SeveruSnape, temitemi1, ShowYourCertificate, mogidi and that pa Chukwudi. They just don't rest since their Heros and mentors lost elections.cheesy

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Burger01(m): 4:38am On Apr 24, 2015
weselomo:
Nah GOD go punish them, after collecting billions of dollars from Nigerian saying it will be used to build refineries, now rescinding to remove it. may GOD judge whoever be part of this national scam.
Bruhs, these thieves scam Nigerians big time. There's God. Many days for the thieves...one day for the owners. These mofos days are numbered. I just hope Buhari speedily build a nice prison to accommodate those alibabassmiley

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:40am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin

BUHARI IS MORE EDUCATED THAN YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION. IF GEJ AND PEJ R PHD HOLDERS AS THEY CLAIMED, THEN I BETTER BE AN ILLITERATE LIKE BUHARI FULL OF WISDOM AND RESPECT WORLDWIDE.

when will igbos have their biafra and let peace be in nigeria?. NIGERIA CAN NEVER PROGRESS WITH IGBOS.
Buying and selling alone (igbos) can not change the destiny of a country for good.
SOMALIANS R THE HIGHEST BUYING AND SELLING TRIBE ACROSS AFRICA, YET THEY HAVE NO COUNTRY OR RUINED THEIR COUNTRY.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Here is why subsidy must go...and yes, I am not too happy about the subsidy going.

1.We import fuel...because we have not yet sorted out our refineries in ages. Yes....we had subsidies in the good old days...when all the refineries worked. Not anymore.

2.Independent marketers import fuel at high cost.(N100 per liter)..and then sell it at N87? And when subsidy payments come in...they still do not make a profit. Now...unless you want Govt to take over all the independent marketers...they are business men...and businessmen do not run charities, they run businesses.(In Kaduna,for example...fuel goes for N110 at your local independent marketer.).

If we wanted to keep subsidies

1.We should have built more refineries.

2.We should have gotten rid of corruption in the NNPC ages ago...instead of tolerating it under tribal influences.

3.We should have fixed public transport properly.

4.We should have industrialized...so that we have a hefty GDP to fund subsides galore.

Sad....and unfortunate. The era of cheap fuel is over.(And anyway....you can only get cheap fuel in Abuja and Lagos at N87....it is N110 and above elsewhere.).
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Now I know the problem of NNPC...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 24, 2015
micktoxin:
Common sense, really. Anyways, with the threat of global spare capacity exceeding 8 million barrels per day, OPEC will lose even more price control, thus resulting in sharp drop in crude oil prices. Nigeria better start readjusting, because Saudi guys are not bluffing anytime soon (At least another year).

What an oily mess.

I tell ya.

Plus...everyone else is producing oil. OPEC worked when it was just a few gents producing oil....and when the technology was still obsolete. Not anymore.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by biodemetrik: 4:52am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
GEJ my hero, Fayose and wike my role models, Diezani my mentor.

**Are you angry at this comment??, If yes, Then you need urgent medical check up**
See poverty de make you sick for your head

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by abiolaope: 5:15am On Apr 24, 2015
tgM-
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 5:18am On Apr 24, 2015
biodemetrik:

See poverty de make you sick for your head
illiteracy is making your mind warp.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 5:22am On Apr 24, 2015
mykelly:
none of my business if you choose to be stupid
none of my business if you choose to be an iidiot.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 5:27am On Apr 24, 2015
Oyecute:
Thunder fire Ur left yansh
What is "yansh"??
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by dapoola(m): 5:29am On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Anglovel: 5:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Watching in hd
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by STUDENTSFORUM(m): 5:42am On Apr 24, 2015
[b]Post Utme Students can now download post utme past questions and answers of various institutions from www.studentsforumng.com/store

COMPLETE UNILORIN Post UTME Past Q&A
Complete FUTA Post UTME Past Q&A
COMPLETE FUNAAB Post UTME Past Q&A
COMPLETE UNIZIK Past Q&A For ARTS, Physical Sciences
COMPLETE YABATECH Post UTME Past Question & Answers

COMPLETE – Kogi State University Post UTME Past Q&A
COMPLETE – KWASU Post UTME Past Q&A
COMPLETE UNIUYO Post UTME Past Q&A
Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Post UTME Past Q&A
COMPLETE – ABSU Post UTME Past Q&A

COMPLETE UNILAG POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS
COMPLETE UNIBEN Post UTME Past Questions for Engineering and Physical sciences
COMPLETE UNIBEN Post UTME Past Q&A
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of Education
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of Engineering

AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of Environmental Sciences
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of LAW & ARTS
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of Mgmt & Social Sciences
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Natural Science & Medicine
COMPLETE – UNIABUJA Post UTME Past Q&A ARTS & LAW

COMPLETE – UNICAL Post-UTME pq for sciences
COMPLETE – UNICAL Post UTME P&Q for Arts and Law
COMPLETE – UNICAL Post UTME PQ For Social And Management Sciences
COMPLETE UNIBEN Post UTME Past Questions for Biological Sciences
COMPLETE UNIBEN Post UTME Past Questions for Engineering and Physical sciences
AAU Post UTME Past Q&A – Faculty Of Engineering & Technology

Click the below link to download your post utme past questions and answers.

http://studentsforumng.com/store
[/b]

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by paultente(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2015
who cares if subsidy is been cared for or not?
good governance is what we are clamouring for, biko!
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by thaoriginator: 6:03am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

**Are you angry at this comment??, If yes, Then you need urgent medical check up**
Frustrated idiott.. I feel your pain useless goat!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by QuotaSystem: 6:03am On Apr 24, 2015
hedonistic:
These people are very stupid. The fact remains that removing subsidies would certainly translate to higher prices. Is that not what has been happening with diesel since subsidy on diesel was removed? It's clear that a cartel controls the downstream oil sector, and the same way they have successfully held up diesel prices is the same way they will conspire against Nigerians to hold up petrol prices, that is the final and unchangeable argument against subsidy removal as far as Nigeria is concerned. We don't want.

Nigerians do not want to pay higher prices for petrol it is really that simple. Using this big grammar of subsidy or no subsidy to complicate issues is not going to help anybody. Nigerians say no to paying more for petrol, whether subsidy stays or goes, full stop.

Oil prices are already low so the pump price will not go up, the NNPC Director actually said at several instances the landing cost of the product was even lower than its market value, completely rendering the subsidy useless.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Akpan107(m): 6:04am On Apr 24, 2015
Firmjudge:
hahahahah Lets see how the masses will react.

APGA n PDP brace up and use this to start humbling APC before they begin crawl

now thats how to be an opposition.
We are not talking of this one oo...

The Niger Deltan needs 100% resource control, that is what we would be fighting in the next four Years.

We can only pay tax of 10 or 20% to FG.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by QuotaSystem: 6:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Firmjudge:
hahahahah Lets see how the masses will react.

APGA n PDP brace up and use this to start humbling APC before they begin crawl

now thats how to be an opposition.

I don't think you read the report.

1. We are still under a PDP government.

2. They are only covering up now because Buhari recently mentioned it was possible to sell fuel at N40 only.

3. The shame is on the NNPC under Diezani and Goodluck because they allowed dozens to die in subsidy protests when they knew it was a failed program characterized by round tripping, only to admit it and call for its removal now that they know that are about to be investigated.

4. Subsidy is and was a SCAM.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 24, 2015
socialmediaman:
Rubbish! Not in this corrupt government please! Subsidy removal should not affect the price of the product in the real sense because we're actually subsidizing fraud in the system not the product. I'm earnestly waiting for the "heads" of those GMDs soon when the new government is inaugurated. Cabals holding the country to hostage for years now playing "nice"

if u understood this cabals, who they are, and what they can do, u will start praying for a miracle...
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by menshealth1234: 6:24am On Apr 24, 2015

b

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by buzquet(m): 6:26am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

dats y u look lyk d charman of agbero in lagos state grin
SeverusSnape:

dats y u look lyk d charman of agbero in lagos state
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by unite4real: 6:27am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

While Doyin okukpe and femi fani Kayode, likely your inspirations.

Wow, you must be a comic.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by hallysonia(m): 6:27am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Buy Some sense please. Im 95 percent sure dat u as well need medical check up
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by sunnyprof: 6:28am On Apr 24, 2015
After they have finished carting away the oil monies in the name of subsidy, now it should be removed. Awon Ole barawo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thugs Attack INEC Collation Center In Edo, Destroy Election Materials / Governor Ikpeazu Dances Like Never Before To Celebrate His Reelection. Reactions / Hoodlums Attack Agbaje’s Convoy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.