Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal (27607 Views)

Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by midolian(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation on Thursday, strongly advocated the complete halt in the  payment of subsidy on petrol.

Although the corporation admitted that it was aware of the massive nationwide protests and industrial actions that took place in January 2012 when the Federal Government announced the complete withdrawal of subsidy on petrol, it however maintained that the continued payment of subsidy was not sustainable.

Subsidy is the difference between the Expected Open Market Price of fuel and the actual or retail price that is paid by consumers for the product at petrol stations as regulated by the Department of Petroleum Resources.

The Group Coordinator, Corporate Strategy and Planning, NNPC, Mr. Timothy Okon, explained that since government does not control the prices of crude oil, its fluctuation often creates  fiscal instability in the country, a situation that impacts negatively on Nigeria’s revenue.

Okon spoke at the 2015 Oloibiri Lecture Series and Energy Forum  organised by the Society of Petroleum Engineers in Abuja.

He noted that when crude oil prices came down to about $40 per barrel, subsidy was not paid during that period as the landing cost of the product was either equal of even lower than its market value.

Okon explained that subsidy on petrol creates uneven distribution of revenue, round tripping and unnecessary carry-over of funds from one year to another in a manner that was difficult to control by the Federal Government.

“So, from the technical analysis made, it is obvious that subsidy is real. And from our analysis, we look at it as something that should go because it is not sustainable,” he said.

Details later...
http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-pushes-for-fuel-subsidy-removal/
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
GEJ my hero, Fayose and wike my role models, Diezani my mentor.

**Are you angry at this comment??, If yes, Then you need urgent medical check up**

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by midolian(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
I wonder why it took them this long to realize that fuel subsidy removal isnt sustainable..May the souls of those that died during the subsidy protest continue to haunt you..Selfish lots angry angry

SeverusSnape:

**Are you angry at this comment??, If yes, Then you need urgent medical check up**
choi! This virus don reach u? Ds one worse pass temitemi1 own...
My friend, e b like say na u need medical check up o
cheesy

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
midolian:
choi! This virus don reach u? Ds one worse pass temitemi1 own...
My friend, e b like say na u need medical check up o
cheesy
So e dey pain you too?... ABEG report to federal medical centre Gusau. grin

14 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by fiverrwin(f): 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
Small time left
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Firmjudge(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
hahahahah Lets see how the masses will react.

APGA n PDP brace up and use this to start humbling APC before they begin crawl

now thats how to be an opposition.

11 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Subsidy must go; it must go!

It's a tough decision, but it's going to benefit us more in the long run!

The current subsidy only feeds the big cats!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by socialmediaman: 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rubbish! Not in this corrupt government please! Subsidy removal should not affect the price of the product in the real sense because we're actually subsidizing fraud in the system not the product. I'm earnestly waiting for the "heads" of those GMDs soon when the new government is inaugurated. Cabals holding the country to hostage for years now playing "nice"

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by dgr8truth(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
The poor are always afraid of buying fuel at the market price. Pro Tam David West should be the next Petroleum minister so that I will start buying pms at N40 per litre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by ShowYourCertificate: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin

17 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by shevi4mb(m): 12:14am On Apr 24, 2015
Oyamilenu oooo undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 24, 2015
ok
grin
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.

64 Likes 15 Shares

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Ok
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by searay(m): 12:16am On Apr 24, 2015
No way
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by OXCUBA: 12:16am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by dyabman(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin

That certainty that will take you and your cohorts to 400 yrs imprisonment grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Oyecute(m): 12:17am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Thunder fire Ur left yansh

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by thefakestan: 12:17am On Apr 24, 2015
The Person that caption this title as such, May Almighty God visit you and your entire family plus generation.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by AmakaDNB(f): 12:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Restore subsidy! It is our right!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Change.! Change!! Change!!!

May 29th ... Loading 52%

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by koligs: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Just make our fuel cheap... dats all we want..

Thanks..
signed:everyone

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Funjosh(m): 12:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Mr Okon abi wetin be your name, hope say them no send you to us
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by umarc19: 12:19am On Apr 24, 2015
Finally....licking every drop of their vomit.

SMH lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by clara472: 12:19am On Apr 24, 2015
it should be removed cool
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by bright007(f): 12:19am On Apr 24, 2015
shoro niyen?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

SMD vehemently..!

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:

15 Likes

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by thefakestan: 12:22am On Apr 24, 2015
I'm watching

Sylva to d rescue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idris Wada Of PDP Begins Campaign (Photos) / 8 Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibok Girls Arrested By Police 4 Years After (Photos) / Atiku's Speech At The PDP 84th NEC Meeting, Refers Buhari as General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.