Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal (27648 Views)

Governor Amosun Pushes A Thug At Adeleke's Burial (Photo) / Petrol: NNPC Pushes For N150 Per Litre.. / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by AKPARAJA: 8:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Subsidy removal in 2012 APC said no but now we are laughing and watching how APC will remove subsidy and expect us not t to protest
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by biodemetrik: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
illiteracy is making your mind warp.
I predicted that before my comment. Clueless mind. You de there struggling for employment. Go and look for police recruit and enjoy your bribe.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 8:51am On Apr 24, 2015
thaoriginator:
Frustrated idiott.. I feel your pain useless goat!
Hehehehehehehehehehe... Feel it well, come to my hospital, I'll heal your pains.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by thaoriginator: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehehehe... Feel it well, come to my hospital, I'll heal your pains.
Chai! Broda e easy to concede defeat oh, you try wella.. Btw, I dey Akure now all these Jonathan posters una never remove am finish oh. The jew man face dey annoying jare
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2015
thaoriginator:
Chai! Broda e easy to concede defeat oh, you try wella.. Btw, I dey Akure now all these Jonathan posters una never remove am finish oh. The jew man face dey annoying jare
No try am oh... Don't touch my Jona poster grin
Mimiko will deal with you on our behalf. tongue
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by SeverusSnape(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2015
biodemetrik:

I predicted that before my comment. Clueless mind. You de there struggling for employment. Go and look for police recruit and enjoy your bribe.
Don't worry, I have a good part time job in a federal institution, and I'm a student too.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Hugo7(m): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.
This got me LOL

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by hush15: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2015
midolian:
I wonder why it took them this long to realize that fuel subsidy removal isnt sustainable..May the souls of those that died during the subsidy protest continue to haunt you..Selfish lots angry angry

choi! This virus don reach u? Ds one worse pass temitemi1 own...
My friend, e b like say na u need medical check up o
cheesy

what are you saying, is that not what the government has been communicating for the last 3 years that people are revolting against?

Nigerians need to be realistic, we can't eat our cake and have it. to curb corruption in the oil sector, subsidy must go but we are not ready to endure the pain, forgeting when this happens refineries locally will bounce back and competition will beat the price down just as we have the mobile communication. How many communication companies do we have but price has dropped relatively low. the market will be more open to people who can venture into the market despite its huge financial requirements

But no, you were busy shouting occupy this occupy that... and yet, yo complaining of missing funds. you blame the government for everything, but the ones we cause by our being not reasonable is even far worse.

it simple, no pain no gain.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Adesiji77: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2015
So, it is now that NNPC realized that subsidy is no longer sustainable? I find that curious cool
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Qmab: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2015
shevi4mb:
Oyamilenu oooo undecided[color=#990000][/color]
fancy seeing you here for the first time.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by TopHand: 9:51am On Apr 24, 2015
AKPARAJA:
Subsidy removal in 2012 APC said no but now we are laughing and watching how APC will remove subsidy and expect us not t to protest
Why will they remove it? do u think that they will alienate the people who just voted them into power, no my bro that is the Pdp, the Gej style and way of doing things. Alot of people r just jumping b4 they look, the aim of the subsidy was to make fuel affordable to nigerians, if the govt removes it nigerians have no choice and will pay the full price, if the govt keeps it the govt will pay the full price, the one constant factor is the producer of the fuel, the same bp, shell total elf etc they all have refineries aboard, so if a foolish nation decides to sell its crude oil to shell who then refines it and sell it back at a good profit to the same stupid people they brought it from who is to blame?(it reminds u about the slave trade, once again our leaders r selling us 4 cheap again) everybody is busy shouting subsidy if bp built a refinery like the massive one they have in Texas US, nigerians will have all the fuel they need, govt can use naria to buy as much fuel as they like no need to spend dollars or pounds to buy it aboard, our problem is that we can not as a govt efficiently refine crude oil, we have done it 4 decades and it has just been one never ending nightmare, a black hole of corruption and waste, it is time to encourage private investors, let the people who know how to refine these products do it and let nigeria take advantage of these people by making ownship of a refinery a prequisite 4 extracting our oil from our ground. End of story.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by DJAmyluv: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2015
wwwkaycom:
Let NNPC continue to live in the past, they see the chop chop subsidy as the best for Nigeria, they have never make suggestions on how our refineries can work, I know they are talking about subsidy so as to hoodwink GMB to believe that they love Nigeria and therefore forget about their numerous atrocities against Nigeria, stupid people. Let a thorough probe of NNPC/Alison Madueke/GEJ/PEJ be carried out to ascertain the level of evil perpetrated by these glutons since 2010, then let all that are culpable be sent to Bauchi prison or Gashua, let all the management of NNPC be removed, then we can be sure we are starting a new country as from May 29, bunch of idiots!
Are u saying d corruption in NNPC started in 2010? Pls d probe should start from when d organisation was formed if we are to achieve any real result

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by shevi4mb(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2015
Qmab:
fancy seeing you here for the first time.

Been here b4 u got addicted to NL wink
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Qmab: 10:18am On Apr 24, 2015
shevi4mb:

Been here b4 u got addicted to NL wink
lolzzz...
Does this means that we should expect increment in fuel price.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by 989900: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2015
How much % of PMS, AGO, and DPK, are NNPC refineries currently delivering of the required volume?

With all hands on deck -- no subversives, how much increase can we reach in 6-12months?

We need to start from here^^.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Leave the subsidy! Fight the independent marketers!

U mean buhari should fight the buhari family, obj, atiku, abacha, babangida, ... that will be a good fight, or don't u think so?
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Etruth: 10:30am On Apr 24, 2015
Ekugbeh:
GMB neva c anytin...
Ah pray he falls in2 dis trap
Looooool. You go wait taya. Not everyone is as clueless as your Otuoke Mandela. SUBSIDY is a constitutional FRAUD
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2015
989900:
How much % of PMS, AGO, and DPK, are NNPC refineries currently delivering of the required volume?

With all hands on deck -- no subversives, how much increase can we reach in 6-12months?

We need to start from here^^.

The Nigerian constitution protects various Angles for d NNPC, just like ur bank protects/hides ur details from the police or efcc (except they go n get a subpoena from a judge), making it possible to get a full detail of what n what they produce......

The equivalent of subpoena here is signing of the PIB bill, which gej has pushed to the Senate since 2012, they have been sitting on it since den.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ekugbeh(m): 10:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Etruth:
Looooool. You go wait taya. Not everyone is as clueless as your Otuoke Mandela. SUBSIDY is a constitutional FRAUD
c guy u no understand o...

If ah tell u say na subsidy remove Jona, u go lyk argue am o.
1 tin z dat neva take d masses 4 a ride, especially @ dis crucial tym when we r anxious of wah diz guy z gnna make of 9geria
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by 989900: 10:52am On Apr 24, 2015
chuna1985:

The Nigerian constitution protects various Angles for d NNPC, just like ur bank protects/hides ur details from the police or efcc (except they go n get a subpoena from a judge), making it possible to get a full detail of what n what they produce......

The equivalent of subpoena here is signing of the PIB bill, which gej has pushed to the Senate since 2012, they have been sitting on it since den.

There was a country. shocked cry
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Etruth: 11:36am On Apr 24, 2015
Ekugbeh:
c guy u no understand o...

If ah tell u say na subsidy remove Jona, u go lyk argue am o.
1 tin z dat neva take d masses 4 a ride, especially @ dis crucial tym when we r anxious of wah diz guy z gnna make of 9geria
Bros what I mean is that subsidy is a creation that the elites use to exploit the country at the detriment of the nation. Jona was never sincere abt d subsidy removal. He never planned to tackle the corruption in the sustem. His plan was to develop d country and be in d good books of both the oil cabals and ordinary Nigerians. How? By transferring the fake subsidy payments to the shoulders of ordinary Nigerians.(This he wanted to achieve by increasing fuel price subsidy removal). By doing this , money initially used to pay subsidy will now be used to build a few roads and the rest enter private pocket. In dis way, d cabals will be happy, because dey wld still be getting d same amount of fraudulent money dey were getting b4 subsidy removal while the gullible masses will be deceived convinced that the govt is working. Do you know that the money budgeted for subsidy payment for 2015 is N970bn....which is more than enough to get our refineries functioning. Who is deceiving who? Abeg Jona is a harbinger of scams. What steps did GEJ take to ensuring we get new refineries and that old ones are serviced? That's the barometer for assessing the sincerity of any govt in this whole subsidy hogwash

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by indeed123: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin

How many times do I have to tell you people. Cluelessness is only for your brother Jona.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by AmakaDNB(f): 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
chuna1985:

U mean buhari should fight the buhari family, obj, atiku, abacha, babangida, ... that will be a good fight, or don't u think so?

Not giving up so easily...
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by midolian(m): 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
hush15:

what are you saying, is that not what the government has been communicating for the last 3 years that people are revolting against?

Nigerians need to be realistic, we can't eat our cake and have it. to curb corruption in the oil sector, subsidy must go but we are not ready to endure the pain, forgeting when this happens refineries locally will bounce back and competition will beat the price down just as we have the mobile communication. How many communication companies do we have but price has dropped relatively low. the market will be more open to people who can venture into the market despite its huge financial requirements

But no, you were busy shouting occupy this occupy that... and yet, yo complaining of missing funds. you blame the government for everything, but the ones we cause by our being not reasonable is even far worse.

it simple, no pain no gain.
you don't understand. My point is, why did it take them so long to realize its not sustainable? Why make us bear the burden(by increasing fuel price), making us believe that refineries will be built? Why "now" that power is about to change hand? Why now that they have ruined the economy? It shall not be well with them..

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Not giving up so easily...

seems u did not read ma reply wella. Our former leaders r @ d top of that food chain...
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
Burger01:

Lol... Like SeveruSnape, temitemi1, ShowYourCertificate, mogidi and that pa Chukwudi. They just don't rest since their Heros and mentors lost elections.cheesy

I no been wan call names....and besides I been dey talk about the Subsidy Crew. Them never tire for this Subsidy issue for years....well,
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Burger01(m): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:

I no been wan call names....and besides I been dey talk about the Subsidy Crew. Them never tire for this Subsidy issue for years....well,
Oh, okay. I get your point. The subsidy crewsmiley

1 Like

Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by nikky5(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42 gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (co mbined)
capacity = 445,000 barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing
equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil per barrel (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; -
- Findings / development - $3.5
- Production cost - $1.5
- Refining Cost - $12.6
- Pipeline/transportation - $1.5
- Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69
True cost of one BARREL of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria:
- Total sum cost/barrel = $34.8
- 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
- Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
- Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about
N95/N85 litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce LAW ON CORRUPTION.
Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters for their response; We still stand a chance as a COUNTRY.

Analysis by Professor Tam David West, former Petroleum Minister.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
rhema4u:
Its only in Africa that people don't rest; even after death they stil work as ancestors, busy eating kola, demanding schnapps, white rooster, he-goats & settling land dispute.
Funniest post ever on nairaland.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by yousouphe(m): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Let's see if Buhari will remove subsidy or not. I'm 100% certain that he'll display his illiteracy and cluelessness when the time comes grin
i see ur foolishness, without a microscope. Odde.
Re: NNPC Pushes For Fuel Subsidy Removal by ShowYourCertificate: 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
yousouphe:
i see ur foolishness, without a microscope. Odde.
Keep on insulting yourself. Any non-partisan nler who read your post and sees how you insult yourself instead of addressing the issue I raised will know that you and the party you represent don't mean well for this country,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Work Update On Dangi Underpass Flyover Kano (photos) / Executive Order 22: Wike Is Calling For Anarchy - Labour Party / Goodluck Jonathan Denies Going On Exile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.