Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria (16034 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? / 20 Things To Observe When Searching For Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 6:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
WHAT TO KEEP YOUR SPIRIT HIGH WHEN SEARCHING FOR JOB IN NIGERIA

(I Said Nigeria Because I Don't Know How Bad It Is When Searching For Job In Other Countries) searching for job in Nigeria can be frustrating and depressing. I have seen and heard about situations where unemployed graduate commit suicide. A very recent example is an unemployed graduate of ten years who jumped out of a moving vehicle in Akwa Ibom state .So many unemployed people are depressed. So, the following may actually help you when searching for job. Is not an employment letter but it will definitely keep your spirit high before that employment letter of your dream comes which am certainly sure it will come soon.

1. HOPE FOR BETTER TOMORROW

When you are searching for Job, always have this kind of unshaking and undiluted hope that things will get better. No doubt, no matter what! That is the first thing you need to have. Never loss hope no matter what!

2. DON’T JOKE WITH TESTIMONIES
Listen to testimonies and get inspired by the stories of people that broke the curse of unemployment. Yes, they are all around you. Go to them ask how it happened, listen and shake them for “transfer of anointing”.it may be funny but it works and it builds that undiluted and unshaking hope. There are so many unemployed youths in Nigeria and at the same time people are giving testimony of how they get job every day.

3. READ BOOKS

Read books. Read motivational books .they are everywhere, buy some, borrow some. Yes, some of the contents may not be practicable in this part of the world but read and get inspired. No knowledge is lost. More also, just a word from a book may be useful later in future even at interviews. This is not just to inspire you but will also prepare you for that job you are dreaming of. I love this book then 48 laws of power. Imagine an unemployed reading such book almost every time lol. So is not time for Chase and Christ Agata abi wetin them dey call them?

4. GET MOTIVATIONAL MOVIES ON YOUR SCREEN

Similar to the one above is Watch moves. Motivational movies. I love these moves "in pursuit of happiness" ,"gifted hands","3idiots", "like stars on earth" etc. So, enough of Spartacus and most Yoruba movies expect you are dreaming of becoming an actor or actress. It helps a lot.

5.- OCCUPY YOUR MIND WITH PURE POSITIVE THOUGHTS.

Sometimes negative thoughts do cross our mind, Let your mind be absolutely positive. Thoughts like who you are going to help, how you are going to plan your life when that dream job comes up. Positive thought produce positive result. Try as much as possible to cancel all negative thoughts. Negative thoughts destroy mind.

6. MOVE WITH PROGRESSIVE MINDED FRIENDS

Move with friends that encourages you and gives u hope .This is very important. Some financially better friends are aware of your situation, still they will not stop competing with you or using that to settle scores that you don’t even know about. Helpful friends would listen to your plight and assure you that all will be well, sending you emails and linking you up with people that felt they could help. It will keep the spirit high i tell you.

7.- RELIGIOUS CENTRE THAT PREACHES HOPE.

Just unfortunately you can hardly find one. What you see is "competing" preaching.it can be "more "frustrating if care is not taking. Read your bible or Quran. Church that is full of rich members and find it difficult to link you with your helper or give information that can be of help to members is not the best for you.

8-.STAY AWAY FROM FRIENDS & FAMILY MEMBERS THAT CAN'T HELP.

Stay away from friends & family members that can't help but only discourages you with their actions .most especially people that are in position to help you get a job but dashes out cash, turn you to brewery &their jolly boy. This is actually the real cause of suicide for the unemployed.it weakens ones moral& spirit .this is the high point of depression. For the low self-esteemed, they go into kidnapping, robber yahoo yahoo ( ) and other crimes. Take it easy and move ahead without them. They will surely celebrate with you. They will soon realise they just missed an opportunity to be part of your success story.

9.- MANAGE WITH SOMETHING .

Manage with something no matter how little or small. i have seen graduates earning 10K per month Just to keep body and soul together. Your mind and hand must be occupied! It’s just a bus stop not garage. More importantly it is never too late to learn something. With what you get upstairs, it is sure you will be the best in anything you learn. I know a law graduate guy that spent just two months to learn tailoring and he is the best in it now .The problem is that while we were growing up, our parents were only concerned about our books& result, nothing else. The idea of learning a trade while schooling was strange to many .one of the reasons why we are here we are now. That orientation should not be part of us again. There are one million& one thing one can learn. Also, be part of sport. Exercise your body ! Try business!!

10.- EVERYTHING IN THIS LIFE IS TURN BY TURN.

I had this believe in me that getting a job is actually turn by turn and definitely it would get to my turn. I had this believe so much that when someone compared me with my successful friends during a disagreement, he said that my friends are outside there using cars and some had found their way outside the country. well, i first agreed with what he said & told him that at the same time some of my friends are dead and some are mentally unstable. He felt sober &apologise. He later prayed that i would make it in Jesus name which i didn't say amen. He asked why, i told him is useless to pray that the day would break! 11-. Strive not to be a success only but also be of value to yourself &people around. Be a good person. Share information about employment with your friends, if your friend gets there before you is a sign that yours is coming soon
I called my friends that were yet to get employment and shared information about a job advert .i even went as far as getting my form and that of a few of my friends that were not around. At the end of it all, few of the friends i shared the information with and got form for got the job. To an ordinary person, that is a big point of depression but to me, i was happy because i have made impact and put smile on people’s face. What achievement can be greater than that? More also, it’s a sign that am closer to my own testimony.

12-. DON'T KEEP QUITE.

Unemployment is not a disease. Stop forming what you are yet to be by keeping your problem to yourself .Tell anybody that cares to listen that you need a job. Yoruba adage says " ti o ba dake tara eni a ba dake"(if you keep quiet, you have more to lose) "hai le soro ni bere oriburuku".( keeping quite is the beginning of misfortune) Constantly remind people that shares in your pains by sending at least new monthly text message to them. My brother anything can happen. Have seen somebody's life change for ever just by a call. Lastly, please be humble when you eventually get there and don't forget to share your good story with people that need it.

Good luck! It’s your turn!!

Written Based on personal experience

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by balateef(m): 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nice one bro,may God bless and enlighten u more.Amin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by fineguy11(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good one.very insightful...
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
balateef:
Nice one bro,may God bless and enlighten u more.Amin.
Amen .thanks

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by jony247(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
This should make front page. Not tonto crap
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by feeekey(f): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
Good job,keep it up pls
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by AngelicaDivine(f): 9:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
13. Get free Jobmasternigeria Android app for latest jobs in Nigeria, personal finance, scholarships, entrepreneurship etc here http://files.appsgeyser.com/Jobmasternigeria.apk

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by femiyem: 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
NICE ONE
u hav just preached to me. tanx
i went out today to try physical submision of my CV apart from online submision .
i can't imagine d way i was turned down in most places wit my 2:1 in FINANCE. just because of my age (30yrs), i hav bin denied of so many opportunities for d past 7 monts afta my NYSC.
REALLY DOWN AND DEPRESSED DIS NIGHT.
u are on point

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by tessylove2(f): 10:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Very nice thread.God bless you bro.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Blackchampion(m): 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
femiyem:
NICE ONE
u hav just pteached to me. tanx
i went out today to physical submision of my CV apart from online submision .
i can't imagine d way i was turned down in most places wit my 2:1 in FINANCE. just because of my age (30yrs), i hav bin denied of so many opportunities for d past 7 monts afta my NYSC.
REALLY DOWN AND DEPRESSED DIS NIGHT.
u are on point
Hi Femi! I understand how u feel abt dat, but dat's Nigeria 4u, but u can as well reduce d age on ur CV by 3 or 4 since it isn't written on ur face. #IMO

4 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by femiyem: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blackchampion:
Hi Femi! I understand how u feel abt dat, but dat's Nigeria 4u, but u can as well reduce d age on ur CV by 3 or 4 since it isn't written on ur face. #IMO
but dey wil stil lata discovered wen dey check tru my credentials

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Blackchampion(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
femiyem:

but dey wil stil lata discovered wen dey check tru my credentials
Whc credentials re u referring to? Possibly ur O'Level ryt? There re many ways to convince an employer if dia is age difference in ur credentials. You can tel d employer dat ur school inflated ur age wen u wia to write O'Level for u to meet d required age bracket of WAEC/NECO as at d time.

3 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by aasun(m): 5:05am On Apr 24, 2015
*shed tears of comfort* after reading all thru.....GOD is in control. A very big THANK YOU @op for sharing this. To me, you can also add this to your list of achievement so far cos you might not know whom's life you just saved for taking time to write this and post it. GOD bless your wisdom. Stay bless and wish you the very BEST you desire. We all shall attain that pinnacle of SUCCESS......IJN

13 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 5:14am On Apr 24, 2015
aasun:
*shed tears of comfort* after reading all thru.....GOD is in control. A very big THANK YOU @op for sharing this. To me, you can also add this to your list of achievement so far cos you might not know whom's life you just saved for taking time to write this and post it. GOD bless your wisdom. Stay bless and wish you the very BEST you desire. We all shall attain that pinnacle of SUCCESS......IJN
Thanks .amen
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Gorimakpa1: 6:31am On Apr 24, 2015
OP...you have done well
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 6:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Gorimakpa1:
OP...you have done well
Thanks .
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Anoneism(m): 7:30am On Apr 24, 2015
"So then [it is] not of him that willeth,
nor of him that runneth, but of God
that sheweth mercy".
(Romans 9:16)
When we are down, we should learn to trust and hope in God the provider of all jobs even from the time of old. He's still in the act of giving jobs because his plans for us are of good and not evil intended.

It can only get better.

"I have seen something else under the
sun: The race is not to the swift or
the battle to the strong, nor does food
come to the wise or wealth to the
brilliant or favor to the learned; but
time and chance happen to them all".
( Ecclesiastes 9:11)

Be at alert, be watchful and be ready. Be mentally, physically, socially prepared before hands because God is about to do something.
These are my words of advice to my fellow hopefuls.

I so much love what the Bible said in the book of Joel 2:25-27

25And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

26And you shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the Lord, your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you. And My people shall never be put to shame.

27And you shall know, understand, and realize that I am in the midst of Israel and that I the Lord am your God and there is none else. My people shall never be put to shame.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 7:42am On Apr 24, 2015
aasun:
Amen . thanks .

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2015
donnypool:

And be prepare to relocate from one state to another if need be
I will edit and add that too. That should be in mind all the time
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015
AngelicaDivine:
13. Get free Jobmasternigeria Android app for latest jobs in Nigeria, personal finance, scholarships, entrepreneurship etc here http://files.appsgeyser.com/Jobmasternigeria.apk
Thanks .I will add that too .very important
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by sonshyne: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2015
Thanks so much for this write up. you have really help your brother to keep standing firm and be optimistic

1 Like

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2015
sonshyne:
Thanks so much for this write up. you have really help your brother to keep standing firm and be optimistic
You welcomed my brother . we shall get their .
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Blackchampion:
Whc credentials re u referring to? Possibly ur O'Level ryt? There re many ways to convince an employer if dia is age difference in ur credentials. You can tel d employer dat ur school inflated ur age wen u wia to write O'Level for u to meet d required age bracket of WAEC/NECO as at d time.
shocked shocked shocked.. Did you study 'lieology'??
Nawa ooo grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one op.... Summary of it all is keeping a positive attitude. It's well smiley

Change the 'what' on your subject to 'how'...

2 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by femiyem: 9:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Blackchampion:
not only on my O LEVEL , age is also on my university certificate. dat makes it more difficult to deny.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Braaad: 9:53am On Apr 24, 2015
[

[/quote]

OP God bless you.
I believe this message is for me...

from what I have learnt now, I am regretting why i didnt go for an interview just because they needed 25yrs graduate while I am 3yrs above that. I am feeling very bad. I didnt want to lie to get a job but im thinking i could have reduced my age. But cant they find out your age from NYSC?

cc: Blackchampion

Also for the books to read, I would recommend "secret of the ages". dont know if someone else has seen it
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by ademega(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2015
MarvellousGod:
shocked shocked shocked.. Did you study 'lieology'??
Nawa ooo grin grin grin grin grin

Nice one op.... Summary of it all is keeping a positive attitude. It's well smiley

Change the 'what' on your subject to 'how'...
Thanks bro . I have done that
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by thefakestan: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Orijin / Ace root

@OP change number 12 #quiet.
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by okooloyun1(m): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by helphelp: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2015
go start up something while you wait for the job. it would teach you many tenets of living and you would develop better as a person.

2 Likes

Re: how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria by shadelek(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2015
Its so pathetic in this country
after spending enough to
acquire skills, wasting enough
energy to become someone in
life and yet, one will be
without employment after
graduation. Employment
opportunities should be ready
made for graduants but due
to poor governance and bad
leaders, things are not moving
accordingly. As for me, I think
self employment is the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Social Media Hacks Graduates Can Use To Land Their First Job / In need of Industrial Training placement / World Bank Job Vacancies In Nigeria, March 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.