Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. (47048 Views)

Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / Fayose Embraces Ooni Ogunwusi As Both Leaders Meet In Ado-ekiti / New Bailout Fund: 23 Conditions States Must Meet To Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Tosinayoko:
i wonder ow Igbo wil leave togeda as one with deir 'na me beta pass syndrome' vote ngwa people and die in d casket
They learnt that from Lagos, from the Oba!

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by B69U: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2015
millionaireman:

Regional government system with Resource control/Fiscal federalism must be the government system in practice in any new country or countries that may emerge from the Lower Niger Region, with the regions paying any tax the Regional governments may WANT to pay to sustain any thin Central government in charge of such departments like currency, foreign policy, etc.

Absolutely in favour of this. Absolute resource control and regional government. BOTH region have oil and can diversify their economy via incorporating a system whereby the communities become stakeholders in the resources in their backyard.

Haba all the oil well owned by people from katsina and kano,(yoruba and hausa) that is stealing at the highest level. very bad! Must end this year.

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by OneNaira6: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2015
Obiagu1:

I understand what you mean.
However, why I want out of Nigeria is the killings, nothing else and that can NEVER stop. Apart from that, Nigeria is relatively alright for us.
In a new country with the smaller groups, I don't think any of them would consider killing an Igbo man.

The politics and diversity will be interesting.

Dude having the other groups in Biafra is an automatic fail in that country. Once again, it'll be a mini Nigeria. Let's use delta for example: the ijaw, itsekiri and sometimes the Urhobo are constantly on each other throats simply for land rights so what makes you think, leaving Nigeria will solve that. Me personally, I'm against any form of Igbo nation with other SS groups. It's not like I hate am, after all my best friend is ibibio and he's even more of an advocate for biafra state and Nigerian division than I am but I was born and raised in SS. I moved around SS and SE and I know how volatile SS is. That's one of the main reason I don't want my community part of their ND republic wish and rather stick with SE. I already know how that's going to end. Likewise, I already know how Biafra with SS minorities will end. If you truly want the killing to cease, an Igbo independent country is the better choice. If not, then we might as well stick to one Nigeria and suffer this hellhole together

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by emiye(m): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2015
South East dey do attaché, when it comes to regional contribution of resources to federal purse, south east comes a DISTANT third to south west. it is an insult for some group of idiiots making claim to an imaginary master/ slave relationship.
So, I ask these idiotss, is it that anytime an Hausa/Fulani becomes a president , then a master/ slave relationship is formed?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by NZEGWUAGU(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
lekandauda1234:
What baffles with most of who are blowing trumpets of want aways are kids who was not here during the civil war. Have u ever looked at the economic implication ur wish. Do you know what our people most especially those of ss who has investment scattered over Nigeria. Ask people who were around during the civil war whathappened to properties owned by people of that part. One thing u guyshave to know is that God has bundled us together, thou the constitution maynot be perfect but is it not better to finda means of making the union work rather than fanning ember of war
God had no hand in the creation of Nigeria because he hates slavery! Do not bring God into this instead talk about satan who is the creator of Nigeria. Do you know the number of people that have died because of this wicked creation, during the Biafran/Nigerian war, Maitatsine uprising, Boko Haram and the seemingly unending Fulani herdsmen attacks on communities in the North? Please open your eyes and know there is no one Nigeria. For instance I know you hate me alreay just because I am Igbo and I am sure I hate you too. So where is the way forward. Forget about properties they will be abandoned anyway but more will be acquired in a sane country Biafra where fair competition will be the other of the day!

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Chigold101(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Mogidi:
This is what I want to see in the present political climate. This election taught me one thing, the Igbos were right to demand their own country in the past, our SS parents failed to see the bigger picture.

No Surrender!!!

Humn!!! This is all i can say
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by OneNaira6: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2015
hensben:
If nigeria should divide, as a ss man, I will rather Edo, Akwa ibom, delta, cross river and the Yoruba group form one nation while Igbos, bayelsa and ph form one nation.
Yorubas are civil in their dealings and selfless as well.

What an evil evil wish. I can see you don't wish well for delta state. Smh. It's all good though. That your evil wish that delta joins Yoruba will never come to prosper in Jesus name. Civil And selfless shouldn't even be used when yoruba are mentioned. Abeg

3 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by dayodare49o: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2015
Super1Star:

a certain man that benefitted from a one sided coup of 1966, called Aguiyi Ironsi, cancelled the region's and concentrated power at the centre, which they are now fighting against.
Don't spoonfeed me o uncle I can eat it myself. I was talking of those that were using Nigeria as political research field.Aguirosi was tool in their hands.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by stansaintly(m): 11:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Has it ever occurred to anybody to know how the name nigeria came to be?

Lemme give you a surprise package if you care to know.

The name, nigeria, was excavated from the pit of hell by a harlot who found solace in the bosom of lugard.

Who neither know culture nor ever been cultured.

You wanna read more? Check the history of nigeria and whose mouth it was first heard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Roric: 11:56am On Apr 24, 2015
South South and South East cry babies, it's high time you face reality.
APC will be ruling you guys for the next four years to come.
So the idea of you jobless "Lower Niger Congress (LNC)" planning a self determination referendum in the region comprising of the South-South and South-East zones.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Horllamideh(m): 11:58am On Apr 24, 2015
waternopassgari:

U are talking nonsense as usual. Nigeria was never going to divide on GEJ watch but perfect on Gen Buhari watch, let it go down in History as such.

Our Dialogue with UN and AU, as well as the EU, China, Russia and America will continue. This is 2015, the year Nigeria is suppose to divide.
Lemme quote u as remembrance.....We'll see next year january
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by waternopassgari: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2015
OneNaira6:

Dude having the other groups in Biafra is an automatic fail in that country. Once again, it'll be a mini Nigeria. Let's use delta for example: the ijaw, itsekiri and sometimes the Urhobo are constantly on each other throats simply for land rights so what makes you think, leaving Nigeria will solve that. Me personally, I'm against any form of Igbo nation with other SS groups. It's not like I hate am, after all my best friend is ibibio and he's even more of an advocate for biafra state and Nigerian division than I am but I was born and raised in SS. I moved around SS and SE and I know how volatile SS is. That's one of the main reason I don't want my community part of their ND republic wish and rather stick with SE. I already know how that's going to end. Likewise, I already know how Biafra with SS minorities will end. If you truly want the killing to cease, an Igbo independent country is the better choice. If not, then we might as well stick to one Nigeria and suffer this hellhole together

U raised alot of dust over nothing. Fact remains that SS and SE are inseparable. They have always been together since time immemorial. Together, they made up the Southern Protectorate before Yoruba Lagos Protectorate and Northern Protectorate joined.

If it is trouble, even igbos will have trouble amongst themselves, as the SS do amongst themselves. The problem here is that Yoruba and Hausa are stealing and thinking they are doing something clever becos they have been left unchecked during the military rule and early civilian rule.

The gang up to deprive the SS/SE of their right to self determination via depriving them of the right to Presidency in their so called country is unacceptable. They loot the resources of the SS/SE and call them second clas citizens.

This injustice, is wat we seek to remedy. In the SS/SE republic every group is in charge of their resources(full resource control), the Presidency will be rotational so the parties will all field candidate from the group whose turn is to present the President. We will have State Police and Federal Police together.

These few things go a long way to give everybody a sense of belonging and foster unity and love for ones country.

We are going with our South South Cousins. Period!

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by millionaireman: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I almost abused you....but quickly checked myself!

You, and Igbo man; considering what you've been through in Nigeria; considering how your kinsfolk have been slaughtered over the years with nobody being held to account or compensation paid; considering how your state Imo has been shortchanged and cheated in Nigeria; considering the unfair advantages others have criminally put in place to perpetually hold you down either to progress at their pace or a step behind them; considering that these same internal colonizers don't deem you fit to rule over them and laugh in your face about it.....you considered all this, have done nothing about it, yet you still want 'one Nigeria' to continue as is?.....I say 'as is' because if you hold on to this your defeatist cowardly attitude this is exactly what will happen!

Are you sure that you are replying an Igbo fellow?
People like that pretend to be Igbo on NL, so as to encourage the continuation of the fraud called One Nigeria.
Well, if by any iota of chance he/she is Igbo, that's a grand ignoramus of Igboland.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Chigold101(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2015
vedd:
All these igbo people just dey deceive themself.
South-south is not part of your madness. You are on your own!

They should declare whatever sovereign Identity they want without delay. Let's see how cohesive they become, and the states/ethnic group that they will try to force into their idiotic rebellion.

These plonkers are busy isolating themselves and creating more enemies for themselves at a time when sensible people are working hard to build bridges and workable national alliances.

R u b b i s h !!!
does Agbeyegbe sound like Igbo name to in your ears or does it look like it in your eyes?

Ken Saro Wiwa ranted just like this when he thought that he was a friend to hausa/fulani & the yorubas. But in mid 90s when the veil death was about to envelope him. He discovered (though late) that these people have only one interest...

Crude oil...

I hope the same fate doesnt befall you young man.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Jetjacky(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
emiye:
South East dey do attaché, when it comes to regional contribution of resources to federal purse, south east comes a DISTANT third to south west. it is an insult for some group of idiiots making claim to an imaginary master/ slave relationship.
So, I ask these idiotss, is it that anytime an Hausa/Fulani becomes a president , then a master/ slave relationship is formed?
you're ....? those contributions that made you second, its the SE in your states that made it possible, you guys ate lazy compare to SE: both men and women are hard working, and most rely on agriculture and business. you guys rely in Yahoo Yahoo, and charm
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by fashiajones(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2015
When they said lower Niger, I was expecting to see south south, south east and south west, but no south west which means something is fishy. we need cooperation in this country..let drop sediments and embrace the wind of change come may 29...let create jobs for our youths, let eradicate nepotism and corruption, let improve the economy, the power sector etcetera. let not hide under one association or the order to throw tantrums or disrupt peace
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by PhockPhockMan: 12:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mogidi:

Seems you lack comprehension skills, did you not notice in the above article our leaders met Igbo leaders?
Don't mind the little child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by OneNaira6: 12:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
why don't you just pick ur family and join the Yorubas?
Even if it be possible,how do you map it out?

Abeg tell am oo. I can't believe the dude was the wishing evil for delta. Smh!!

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by PhockPhockMan: 12:04pm On Apr 24, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The lamentations and playing the victim continues.

Pathetic!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by waternopassgari: 12:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
OneNaira6: Quote Post
Abeg tell am oo. I can't believe the dude was the wishing evil for delta. Smh!!

baybeeboi:
why don't you just pick ur family and join the Yorubas?
Even if it be possible,how do you map it out?

The Dude is a Yoruba man or one of them Benin guys with Yoruba parents, bone am jooor!

Who want them before abi we include them in the SS/SE republic? We are going for gold not trash.

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by stansaintly(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
emiye:

Wisdom without education is far cherished than education without wisdom. How on earth could your brain allow your mouth to say that SE contribution of resources to federal purse is nothing. It's better to shut your mouth and be presumed to be a fool than to open it and utter all doubt. SE contributes heavily

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Jetjacky(m): 12:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
Roric:
South South and South East cry babies, it's high time you face reality.
APC will be ruling you guys for the next four years to come.
So the idea of you jobless "Lower Niger Congress (LNC)" planning a self determination referendum in the region comprising of the South-South and South-East zones.

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
that's exactly what we want, so support our BIAFRA, so we can leave your pathetic as in peace. you people are so pathetic, that you gave your brains to Fulani's who only know how to kill, train cows, and use charms. plus you guys quite fit. pathetic peeps
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by SailorXY: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
hensben:
If nigeria should divide, as a ss man, I will rather Edo, Akwa ibom, delta, cross river and the Yoruba group form one nation while Igbos, bayelsa and ph form one nation.
Yorubas are civil in their dealings and selfless as well.
what it this one saying undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Chigold101(m): 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
kaybiel2u:
honestly it will be good if we are separated sef
diz Igbo people don't want to be part of Nigeria again let them go I am sure they will regret it
well the power that be in Nigeria doesnt share this your opinion.

It means your opinion doesnt come into play. Because so many Nigerian soldiers died only to make sure that Igbos (Biafra) didnt leave.

Igbos wants to go let Nigeria allow them to go freely.

Next time use your brain to do something better..okay?

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by atlwireles: 12:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
Mogidi:
This is what I want to see in the present political climate. This election taught me one thing, the Igbos were right to demand their own country in the past, our SS parents failed to see the bigger picture.

No Surrender!!!

This is the message across many hearts in 2015. This, in mine opinion is the greatest achievement of Goodluck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by OneNaira6: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2015
waternopassgari:

U raised alot of dust over nothing. Fact remains that SS and SE are inseparable. They have always been together since time immemorial. Together, they made up the Southern Protectorate before Yoruba Lagos Protectorate and Northern Protectorate joined.

If it is trouble, even igbos will have trouble amongst themselves, as the SS do amongst themselves. The problem here is that Yoruba and Hausa are stealing and thinking they are doing something clever becos they have been left unchecked during the military rule and early civilian rule.

The gang up to deprive the SS/SE of their right to self determination via depriving them of the right to Presidency in their so called country is unacceptable. They loot the resources of the SS/SE and call them second clas citizens.

This injustice, is wat we seek to remedy. In the SS/SE republic every group is in charge of their resources(full resource control), the Presidency will be rotational so the parties will all field candidate from the group whose turn is to present the President. We will have State Police and Federal Police together.

These few things go a long way to give everybody a sense of belonging and foster unity and love for ones country.

We are going with our South South Cousins. Period!

I agree wholeheartedly with the yoruba and hausa/fulani statement. I agree that needs to be fixed but i completely disagree with other groups being part of any new territory. If what you wrote is how una feel then you're going without Anioma oeriod!!. I'm out. I rather just suffer a one nigeria than suffer a mini Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by MadCow1: 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
I have no Leader..

And I will remain with Nigeria...

Fhuck those bitches..

Jonathan lost fair and square.
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by condralbede(m): 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
OboloMAN:

Lower Niger Congress comprise South-South and South Eastern states.

Post Made FP .... Signs of Good things to come for SS & SE. grin
Well said... are u from obolo

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by jcccccc: 12:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
D,

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by emiye(m): 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Jetjacky:
you're ....? those contributions that made you second, its the SE in your states that made it possible, you guys ate lazy compare to SE: both men and women are hard working, and most rely on agriculture and business. you guys rely in Yahoo Yahoo, and charm
. how come the Se in SE states didn't achieve that? I thought charity begins at home. I will love to see you form your Biafra, so I can really laugh at you months down the line, I have no doubt it is an epic disaster waiting to happen, but flies wey go follow corpse enter grave no dey hear word. trust me, the moment ur Biafra is formed, you lose many rights and priviledges accrued to you , and your new cries will be to UN . let me state this to you unequivocally, the ibo's are the biggest parasites, and like all parasites, they feed on their hosts, remove parasites from their hosts, the result is clearly what u know.

1 Like

Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by Chigold101(m): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
ayokellany:
Ekwueme carved out the 6 geopolitical zones to share power not knowing he was condemning his own tribe to calamity
ekwueme was doing that believing that Nigeria will go into zoning structure, which if followed every part of this country will at the end of the feel happy. But the born to rule agents do not want to hear or see it.
Re: South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. by millionaireman: 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
dcaliph:
kindly remove Edo from that map. Thanks

Some people have been quoting me and saying all kinds of things. The one I can't take is calling Edo people weak or playing second fiddle. It is proven that an Edo/deltan man can never play second fiddle to anyone. Until the punitive expenditure we were never conquered but we were the conquerors.. Though we might be called minoriy, we championed the minority course to leave the shadows of the 3 major tribes by having our own region as far back as 1963.
Presently the chairman board of trustees of the PDP is an Edo man, the Chairman of APC is an EDO man. The Edos can never play second fiddle to anyone.

Proudly an Edo man.

Chairman and BOT chairman of APC are temporary positions. Soon they shall disappear. Thereafter?

Edo people, or any group in a possible Lower Niger country can never play second fiddle to any group because it shall be regional government system with fiscal federalism for all regions, with a constitutional clause that any region can secede to form its country any time .
At least, there are more than twenty countries in the world smaller and less populated than Edo state - and more prosperous than Edo state.

Part of Yoruba grouse and anger against the Igbo today is that the Igbo championed the creation of Midwest Region from former Southwest Region.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Market Women In Owerri, Others On The Run Because Of Soldiers (Video) / 2023: I Would Have Arrested Peter Obi - El-Rufai / Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.