Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,478 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland (779 Views)

What Easily Quench Your Anger? / 6 Ways To Get A Girlfriend Without Spending Much In This Hard Times / “6 Ways A 'side Chic' Can Trick Her Man Into Spending For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by kinibigdeal(m): 2:18am On Apr 24, 2015
The romance section might probably not be the best place to create this topic but the results of my random survey on the "politics section and Romance section" shows that 60% chaps here find it hard to control their temper when someone jokingly cross their line while 40% can, the political section is a reversal of this statistics. The analytical research was carried out by monitoring the numbers of insults within 24hrs in both most actively participated sections, the finding reveals a total number of 26 insult in the romance section against a mere 15 at the other. Hence, am not saying am a saint in that regards. The following are the simple ways you can manage your anger on any social media

1. Think before you speak

In the heat of the moment, it's easy to say something you'll later regret. Take a few moments to collect your thoughts before saying anything — and allow others involved in the situation to do the same.

2. Once you're calm, express your anger

As soon as you're thinking clearly, express your frustration in an assertive but non confrontational way. State your concerns and needs clearly and directly, without hurting others or trying to control them.

3. Identify possible solutions

Instead of focusing on who made you mad, work on resolving the issue at hand, remind yourself that anger won't fix anything and might only make it worse.

4. Stick with 'I' statements

To avoid criticizing or placing blame on anyone here — which might only increase tension — use "I" statements to describe the problem. Be respectful and specific. For example, say, "I'm upset that you said those things to me," instead of, "You are so stupid for using those words."

5. Don't hold a grudge

Forgiveness is a powerful tool. If you allow anger and other negative feelings to crowd out positive feelings, you might find yourself swallowed up by your own bitterness or sense of injustice. But if you can forgive someone who angered you, you might both learn from the situation. It's unrealistic to expect everyone to behave exactly as you want at all times. Hence, Nairaland is only meant for us to make friends and share our thought and not to create enemies. A lady or guy failed to give you that attention you need, does not warrant an insult from you, you've got to strategize on how, when and where to get her attention. Most of the way I react here is just a mere joke and never an insult on personality

6. Use humor to release tension

Lightening up can help diffuse tension. Use humor to help you face what's making you angry and, possibly, any unrealistic expectations you have for how things should go. Avoid sarcasm, though — it can hurt feelings and make things worse. I understand that the person that insulted you yesterday just created a thread today and your attention was drawn to it, so you are ready to pull the thread down, you've got to diffuse it

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Op! you are a big. . . . .

*calms down anger. . .
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Online anger cheesy cheesy
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by major466(m): 2:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Good one @Op. Lots of us here need this Electronic Anger Management Strategy (EAMS) for a smooth harmonious relationship.
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by efepro(m): 3:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Anger is destructive. If you are patient in a moment of anger, you will escape
one hundred days of sorrow.
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by Mprex(f): 3:12am On Apr 24, 2015
angerundecided
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by Extom(m): 4:00am On Apr 24, 2015
angry angry angry
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by siegfried99(m): 4:44am On Apr 24, 2015
Tell that to the E-warriors grin
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by TrishaP(f): 5:07am On Apr 24, 2015
You have no idea. This section is the most heated section and only the strongest survives. smiley

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by agarawu23(m): 5:59am On Apr 24, 2015
TrishaP:
You have no idea. This section is the most heated section and only the strongest survives. smiley
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by FLAWLES(f): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2015
If you can't stand it;USE THIS DOOR>>>>>>>>>>
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by ireneony(f): 6:56am On Apr 24, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by justmag(m): 7:00am On Apr 24, 2015
I wish people will adhere to this. Sounds straight forward and normal.... undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by justmag(m): 7:01am On Apr 24, 2015
.7) take your medication before you post, if you are crazy
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by MzLaurel(f): 7:07am On Apr 24, 2015
Oky
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by Prodeegee(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2015
justmag:
.7) take your medication before you post, if you are crazy
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by kinibigdeal(m): 7:59am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by demmy0325(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Managin anger on a faceless forum... Mtcheew!..
Re: 6 Ways To Manage Your Anger Or Temper On Nairaland by YUNGLURD(m): 9:01am On Apr 24, 2015
On the contrary, I think the politics section is more heated compared to romance's. No amount of advice u give can change them except prescribing drug to the mentally deranged ones on Nairaland, its not their fault sha..Nevertheless, nice write up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Keep Any Relationship Healthy / Top 10 WORST Ways To Break-up With Someone! / Late Night Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.