Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN (59736 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / A South African Complained Of Not Having Light For 2 Hours, Nigerian Guy Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 24, 2015
Lady south African.u don't have to be jealous about Nigeria because we are hard working people.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by muscoliscious(f): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Imagine the bluff
if its just 7 people let me help you,give me ur dad mum n 5 more from ur family let me know if u ll be hear making noise,what of d looting is that not stupidity in the highest order?Anu ofia
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Dragonking: 11:13am On Apr 24, 2015
charmmama:
Am a nigerian but i agree with the letter. We Nigerians are the worst xenophobic have ever met in my life.

Hausa dislike Igbo

Igbo dislike Yoruba

Yoruba dislike both

other tribes with their own discremination

The boko haram killing people in the north have we being able to stop them

When the ijaws were fighting the yorubas in Ajegunle some years back what happen

when they were killings in kaduna what happen

plsssssss my DSTV is very important to me and i will not stop using my MTN line

OR stop going to shoprite to buy my goods

Nobody should do any rubbish

80% of their Board of Directors are Nigerian including managers and all

The Nigerians that want to die should remain there.

PEACEEEEEE

God bless Nigeria

so u think the various tribes in south Africa dont fight themselves too? you are a confirmed eedioot. No offense.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by MrSunesis(m): 11:13am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our people are not Lazy...SA is the largest econmy in Africa and the most beautiful country because it was built by the hard work of black South african labourers.

I understand your sentiments but they are not properly documented/articulated. Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. Kindly do your research properly.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by 989900: 11:15am On Apr 24, 2015
babasoji:

Utter rubbish. You put up a bunch of words together as intelligently as you possibly could and yet, it still reads as utter rubbish.

So because we are fighting Boko Haram, we should shut up about our African brothers being killed, injured, maimed and displaced?

And to your other point about MTN and Shoprite, if you haven't heard, Nigeria brings in about 40% of profits for both entities and while I would never advocate any form of violence but the power of economic boycott would have an impact on both entities. And for the record, the same crimes you accuse other Africans of, MTN and Shoprite are guilty of. They have poor staffing practices, cheat Nigerians of our hard earned money and don't build capacity of our people.

Finally, lol at Shoprite and MTN hiring millions of Nigerians...you might as well have said billions now...donkey

I need to like this ^^ twice.

And how's is terrorism/genocide/massacre the answer? SMH
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by mamaafrik(m): 11:15am On Apr 24, 2015
oh boy hear words from martin luther king,only 7 lives were lost an d media blew it outta proportion?,do u have famileis at all?,now imagine only 7 of your kin & kith killed.,even if they had truly committed crimes,are there no legal ways of checking that?,are you saying SA dont do drugs?,now why not jst kill only 7 of them too?,though nigereia has her problem of bokoharam but should that make they look-away stupidly to their people's plight?,are there not more africans in U.K,U.S than in S.A?,why dont they just kill only 7 of them like u people did ?,remember that yesterday in the years of apartheid when your assess were open to the coldroom breeze of the white people these same countries were the ones who tarpulain-ed your ass and gave u there state for your refuge,let those who Think they stand becareful lest they fall.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by StepG: 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

LMFAO. But that's the thing, I don't fùck them. They're not my type. Sorry.
yes you are right they are not your type of guys who bleeps you without condom.Nigerians guys are smart,and won't allow u to infect them with HIV.Unrepentant LovePeddler.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Pricelezz(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
I bet u, if Mandela knew, u guys will turn out 2 be dis barbaric, he wud hv left u guys 2 suffer and die in d hands of ur so-called colonial master.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by lovemoi2(f): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
hotice01:

First of all,I see you are very myopic and delusional.you have never travel outside your country so your views are only based on 'local and media' interpretation.
Nigerian travel all around the world,its only in Nigeria that we accommodate foreigners without any bias or sentiments.
"For someone to come to your country and beat you in business wisdom and strategy, its a disgrace on your part".it speaks volume of how lazy and unambitious you are.The average Nigerian is a hustler and a born fighter,who has the ingenious ability to make any situation positively productive for him imbibed in his DNA.
Things are not as bad as the 'media' paint it to be in Nigeria, so you should also not believe every thing you read or see on any media.
Nigeria has so much wealth and beautiful places than your imagination can fully fathom.
About boko haram,its obvious you having realized that the Nigerian Government has done so much this past weeks to curb it.its just a small remote part of the country.Nigeria is not burning or at war as the media paint us.
Killing fellow Africans and looting their shops shows how barbaric your country men are,posting such here shows how mentally deranged you are.'A true man accepts responsibility for his actions and destiny'.
You countrymen has successfully sabotaged the respect the Great men like Mandela sacrificed his life to build.
Hold your government accountable for all that's happening,not foreigners.
For your information, if MTN and shoprite leaves Nigeria it won't affect us one bit as much as you envisage.we have adequate replacements,if you doubt ask Google. we have so many businesses praying they get affected by this xenophobic development. Nigerians never lose out on any deal,not when we hold the bread and knife.
This companies would prefer remaining in Nigeria due to our high population and Nigerians are know as 'big spenders'.compared to poor south Africans.
Please enlighten and educate yourself before you reveal your myopically xenophobic barbaric mindset.
I'm happy with the actions of Nigerians, south Africans forgot that nothing unites a country as much as external aggression.even Boko haram showed unity when it came to external aggression.

patiently await your reply.......

Thank you.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ShortBlackBoy(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2015
SMH...When NANS was NANS, this matter would have escalated very very quickly.

And we won't be having this discussion with an animal.

Chai... SMH angry
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ijiini(m): 11:17am On Apr 24, 2015
...all of.una dey eff up...dis guy smoked igbo befor writing dis naw...cant u cif somewan cant.differentiate btw internal crises and xenophobia nko......the guy is having cerebral edema...ema blame e....

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by DonBobes(m): 11:17am On Apr 24, 2015
oluxy:

if we burn down Shoprite, we would come up with 9jaShopGood, if we burn down MTN, we would swap to indigenous and others networks. if we burn down DSTV, we would come up with DNTV. AfriSam cement is not left out because we have Dongote and othrs.

But we dont have to burn down any of SA company because we are not d.a.f.t and r.e.t.a.r.d like you guys.

our ways of reasoning is intact, complete.

mind you, your write up carried hatred and anger.
you don't have to delete your nairaland account, we love you and we won't excommunicate you. we are loving people dude. Only help us to communicate to SA people/dude that they have to reason like normal people.

it seems u r pleadin wit dis buffon! He does nt knw wat Nigerians r capable of doin. Let d North boil against dem, lets c hw der companies here wil survive d heat!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by JayJustus(m): 11:18am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our people are not Lazy...SA is the largest econmy in Africa and the most beautiful country because it was built by the hard work of black South african labourers.

Largest economy in Africa nkwa?? Errrrhhh you might wanna see this except you're living in a cave downtown soweto

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by muscoliscious(f): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
If you know how much Nigeria spent on u,every nigerian in ur country u will see dem as demi gods but u keep on hating them

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Msauza(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

B. Zimbabweans are involved in robberies and car hijackings

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

Especially photoshopped pictures like this as attached below, seeks to defame the name of South Africa and that of her President.

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by mamaafrik(m): 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
oh boy hear words from martin luther king,only 7 lives were lost an d media blew it outta proportion?,do u have families at all?,now imagine only 7 of your kins & kiths killed.,even if they had truly committed crimes,are there no legal ways of checking that?,are you saying SA dont do drugs?,now why not jst kill only 7 of them too?,though nigeria has her problem of bokoharam but should that make they look-away stupidly to their people's plight?,are there not more africans in U.K,U.S than in S.A?,why dont they just kill only 7 of them like u people did ?,remember that yesterday in the years of apartheid when your assess were open to the coldroom breeze of the white people these same countries were the ones who tarpulain-ed your ass,threw their weight at your backs and gave u there state for refuge,let those who Think they stand becareful lest they fall.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ibkgab001: 11:19am On Apr 24, 2015
Solomon grundy
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by ololo12: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2015
You're a pathological liar. South Africa was built by the white Afrikanners. Not you lazy ass black South Africans. If it wasn't for the white Afrikanners. Your country would have been the shittest place on earth.

Thandolwethu:

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Kizment(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2015
all this allegation u pass to other african country. do u know outside other country SA commit crime and do u hear it on news. Boko haram are Nigerian terrorist, not SA terrorist if not there would be war. so we can't watch another country killing our own brothers. it never done.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by skylane: 11:21am On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

Oh so he can make insults but I can't? Go play in traffic, dipshìt.
yes I will go play in traffic dipshit asfaras its in my country and nobody will control me, but u go and clean your white mistress shoes,and pls dnt forget to grace her husband's sex slave.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by danielblessing(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2015
@Thandolwethu dont mix sentiments with the xenophobia crisis. I agree it is a ruckus phenomenon. But before mtn came to Nigeria there was Nitel and now we have glo,visafone,airtel,etisalat,etc.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by DonBobes(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2015
MrSunesis:

I understand your sentiments but they are not properly documented/articulated. Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. Kindly do your research properly.

pls lecture d fool for me!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

i bin no wan comment b4 but these guy dy yarn okpata, SA largest economy? For where? Go do ur assignment and u said SA is the most beautiful country, who dash monkey banana? Seriously, SA is so over hyped... Incase u dnt knw sychelles island is much more beautiful than ur country a million times, i stil got passion 4 sycheles than SA, and in ur life even if u reincarnate, dnt ever compare 'boko boys' terrorism to ur xenophobic attacks. God bless u my african brova..

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Ahmad4452(m): 11:22am On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

More idiotic than you fools? I don't think so. There's no patch, drip or pill for your own kind of stupidity.
Punky abi watin be dat stupid name u are a Full time Curse Bastard,OMO ASHAWO,OMO ALE,WE RE LAbi Omo...Bleep d hell abt Zuma

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by kiyosaki1(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:

Our president has sent in the Army to stop the riots and attacks.

Unlike Jonathan who cant send in the army to stop boko haram

Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by intergral(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2015
PunkyOh:

More idiotic than you fools? I don't think so. There's no patch, drip or pill for your own kind of stupidity.
Take it eaSy... I sense xenophobia in you!
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by MduZA: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2015
ololo12:
You're a pathological liar. South Africa was built by the white Afrikanners. Not you lazy ass black South Africans. If it wasn't for the white Afrikanners. Your country would have been the shittest place on earth.

shittest place like Nigeria?
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2015
Nothing wey I wan talk again,sensible Nigerians have already said my mind
But who released this op from his cage?I need to tie the mofo with a chain right now angry
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by oluxy(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2015
lygn19:
lol...

don't mind them.... it coming to them too. terrorist is close to them. infant through this exonophobic act terrorist will arise. they are building some indirectly.
one bomb, they will become refugee in close by country... hahahahh
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by penguin12: 11:26am On Apr 24, 2015
You guys should remember that those foreigners are the one making things happen in SA. A lot of your sisters gave birth to foreigners child. South Africans are lazy, they don't want to work. If foreigners leave SA. They are going to suffer for it. You are compaire terrorist attack with riot? You are a fool which my people called odoyo. Never ever in your life again insult Nigerians and Nigeria because we are far ahead of your South African because in Nigeria foreigners are life homies. We don't chase foreigners for pappers.
Re: Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN by olushowunm(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2015
Thandolwethu:
I start by imploring you to read this letter with an open and unbiased mind as this will enable you grab the full gist of my message.
I am a full blooded South African, born and bread in Soweto. I have never been to Nigeria and my impression of your Country is formed by the behaviour and actions of the many Nigerians who live in SA and what we hear and read from the media about the goings on in your country.
I deliberately joined Nairaland today as I noted that alot of you are on this Forum hence its a good platform to pass my message. Suffice it to say that i will delete this account after this message. I will read your responses with keen interest.

1. There is no question that there was xenophobic attack on Foreigners in SA in the past 3weeks. What is in doubt is the scale of the attack. I have noted that Nigerians have overtly blown the crises out of proportion by spreading lies and wrong informatiom concerning the crisis. The idea that South Africans are going round SA cities killing, maiming and burning Foreigners is a lie. Only 7 people have been killed so far and of these 7, 3 are south Africans, 2 Ethiopians and 2 Mozambican. The world media is in agreement with these figures. While its 7 lives too many that doesnt give credence to the news going round in Nigeria that we are killing and burning Foreigners. If thats true then there would be more people dead.
STOP BELIEVING WHATYOU READ AND WATCH ON social media as most are lies and fabricated figments of the imaginations of mischievous Nigerians in other to stoke the flame of discord between Nigeria and SA.

2. Why are Nigerians up in arms against SA with xenophobia when the war in Nigeria is far worse than here in SA. Boko haram is killing thousands your people everyday and theres no end in sight meanwhile no Nigerian has been killed in this Xenophobic attack. That is why Nigerians throng our embassies in Lagos and Abuja seeking Visas to come to SA and escape the despicable living conditions in the slums of Nigeria.

3. This recent Xenophobic attack was predicated on the fact that Foreigners commit so much heinous crimes in SA without impunity and we are tired of all these. We have our own criminals here so we cant add more problems from foreigners.
A. NIigerians are the kingpins of drugs killing our children and society. Your brothers drug our girls into prostitution. They con our people with fraud and 419. They hack into our bank accounts stealing millions.

B. Zimbabweans are involved in robberies and car hijackings

C. Mozambicans kill our farmers and take our jobs for peanuts leaving many South Africans jobless

D. Ethiopians and Somalians open shops to do illegal activities and pollute our communities. Theres a Somalian shop in every 2 houses on every street in SA. No Country can allow that.

SA has its own issues but we would like to solve them without the added problems of Foreign crimials.

If you like burn down shoprite and close MTN its your people that will suffer because these companies employ millions of Nigerians. They will simply go jobless.

Thank you

Bro, thanks for the open letter, I'm really encouraged to see Nigeria in eyes of South African at this time.
On the issues raised, first I read from one of your comments that South Africa is the largest economy in Africa, well to correct you, Nigeria overtook S. A when the new rebased figure was released. We are now the largest country and economy in Africa including North of Africa. So we demand some respect in that Regard.

Second issue, about Nigerian criminals, does it mean South Africans don't sell drugs? Is it that there's no need for drugs in your country? About prostitution, thank God it's a known fact that there is high rate of HIV/Aids in South Africa than Nigeria and you are complaining that Nigerians are building prostitution rings? It's pathetic coming from a country with so much prevalence of immorality.

Referring to people thronging your embassy from slums of Nigeria is highly degrading and you lost me here. Even "Soweto" that you claimed to come from is a smelling ghetto that our worst ghetto in Lagos called "Ajegunle" is better than Soweto.

As you claimed that S. A have their own problems so does Nigeria have its own. You can compare 5million people nation with 10million people nation. It's just too much. The major reasons Nigerians seek greener pastures in places like your country are Electricity, roads, opportunities and self ego. After that Nigerians still love their home more than anywhere else.

In conclusion, Mtn and shoprite that you listed are fraudulent here too, cheating us by giving us poor services, pay workers peanuts and evading taxes in sophisticated ways. So there is no monopoly of fraudulent persons or companies on both sides of the divide. Lagos like jo'burg.. .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Driver ‘rams Israeli Checkpoint’ As Deadly Violence Engulfs The West Bank( Pics) / Woman Too Ugly To Be Raped: Court In Italy Dismisses Rape Case / Meet Dor Bahadur Khapangi, World's Shortest Male Teenager At 2ft 5in (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.