Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? (4520 Views)

Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today / Sweeping Changes In Us Immigration Procedures: Law Abiding Illegals Able To Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by DisGuy: 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2009
they saw it coming, just didnt have anything to do about it, not that they need snow ploughers anyway-no use

please tell me there are no trains 2moro,

God bless the inventor of the electric blanket  cool
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2009
lalaboi:

cars and buses couldnt move mahn. . . even the rail was handicapped. . .  tongue

why u lots hating sef. . .

your govt is incompetent. Havent they heard of trucks and graders to remove snow? Every time there is a snow fall (pretty much weekly since Nov ending) you see city workers out by 10pm clearing snow for the next day and they sometimes work all night.

Were ur legs handicapped too?  grin At least you could stand outside to make snowballs. Try doing that here after the ice storm of the last 2 weeks. See ice . . . for those complaining Brits!

Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 02, 2009
Phew! So fun to watch this ppl wallow in snow while the sun is shining as bright as the eye of heaven.

HMM, wonder how HIGH the temp will be tomor. High 70s or Low 80s? With fresh breeze, good enough for jogging without sweating.

Oh I just wonder cheesy hehehe

Don't mind me jare
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2009
HeatFusion:

Phew! So fun to watch this ppl wallow in snow while the sun is shining as bright as the eye of heaven.

HMM, wonder how HIGH the temp will be tomor. High 70s or Low 80s? With fresh breeze, good enough for jogging without sweating.

Oh I just wonder cheesy hehehe

u're simply living in glorified Lagos state. Biko comot hia! cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2009
HeatFusion:

Oh I just wonder  cheesy hehehe

Don't mind me jare
Look at this one, carry your sun commot jor, when people here are even praying for more snow to fill the place grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ah oh well, it mustav been one of dem days where u dismiss the MET as predictions dont go right all the time!! cheesy

lol. . . very true grin
cuz there are some days they wud tell u to carry umbrella but no rain go fall undecided cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by lalaboi(m): 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

your govt is incompetent. Havent they heard of trucks and graders to remove snow? Every time there is a snow fall (pretty much weekly since Nov ending) you see city workers out by 10pm clearing snow for the next day and they sometimes work all night.

Were ur legs handicapped too?  grin At least you could stand outside to make snowballs.

ah. . . .would you walk to work even if its miles away?

at least, the iceland store nearby was open, i walked 3bustops just to get milk tongue

biko, its not like its snows here errtime. . . . .  so leave us 2 enjoy it while it lasts. . .
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

u're simply living in glorified Lagos state. Biko comot hia! cheesy
It's called A/C, darl.
And it's not that hot. . . .come and feel our breeze cheesy

ibkaye:

Look at this one, carry your sun commot jor, when people here are even praying for more snow to fill the place grin
Hey likkle girl, been hiding out?
I gotta admit, I want to touch snow, but then, I love my temp.

Ok, run along now, go and complain more. Maybe this time, abasha will roll over in his grave and grant ur wishes grin grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
Nice pix lailai boi. But was that before or after you got treated for frostbite? grin grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
HeatFusion:

It's called A/C, darl.
And it's not that hot. . . .come and feel our breeze cheesy
Hey likkle girl, been hiding out?
I gotta admit, I want to touch snow, but then, I love my temp.

Ok, run along now, go and complain more. Maybe this time, abasha will roll over in his grave and grant ur wishes  grin grin
Jealousy abi  grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by KarmaMod(f): 10:47pm On Feb 02, 2009
It's BNP that sent the snow so you people can be white by force grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by nana(f): 10:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hmmm!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Tats(m): 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2009
The British Govt can't afford to have so much snow equipments that will stay useless for most part of the year!
What you see around are mostly gritters. The society is pretty handicapped in such a case of heavy snow.

I remember one Taxi shuttle driver in Illinois who told me that his Job during winter is to sprinkle salt on the roads.
So you guys have more manpower and equipments to handle snow than here in England.

For now, we are loving it like "Giant" Mac!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 1:44am On Feb 03, 2009
I was affected, yes, but positively.

Had a client who had booked me for 3 days, carrying out a conversion on his car, at his home.

I was able to bump up the price, it's a 130-mile round trip, not worth doing on regular hourly rates.
Bad weather = more ill-maintained cars breaking down.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by JJYOU: 9:33am On Feb 03, 2009
Siena:

I was affected, yes, but positively.

Had a client who had booked me for 3 days, carrying out a conversion on his car, at his home.

I was able to bump up the price, it's a 130-mile round trip, not worth doing on regular hourly rates.
Bad weather = more ill-maintained cars breaking down.

DeltaVAGTM
SIENNA! even you. you see what hanging out with this people turned you into? cant move at the moment.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 03, 2009
^^^ Lol! cheesy

DeltaVAGTM
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 10:32am On Feb 03, 2009
Not bad today yaay!

I made it into work after crawling out of London yesterday and a couple of skidding and swerving!! cheesy tongue

Snow levels wasnt too bad in Oxford, but i managed to exhaust a can of De-Icer to keep the baby clear for the road today
! grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by UNLEASHED(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2009
Kinda bad! but better than previous days.
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Busybody2(f): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2009
Classic case of "storm in a teacup" cool Anyhoo, what else does one expect in that horse and cart country grin grin grin
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 03, 2009
Unleashed, are those sunglasses you're wearing?

Or just a dark picture? undecided

DeltaVAGTM
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2009
UNLEASHED:

Kinda bad! but better than previous days.
wow, NICE PIX cheesy Love the shades

Busy_body:

Classic case of "storm in a teacup" cool Anyhoo, what else does one expect in that horse and cart country grin grin grin
LMAOOOOOO, Iyalode, I dey ask you come and stay with me until the "storm" is over grin grin grin Got an extra room for you and my nephew tongue
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by tope2000(f): 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2009
Siena:

DeltaVAGTM

lol grin cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by MrCrackles(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2009
Siena:

DeltaVAGTM

Oh dear!
grin cheesy
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by nana(f): 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2009
Buhahaha!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Busybody2(f): 3:38am On Feb 04, 2009
HeatFusion:

wow, NICE PIX cheesy Love the shades
LMAOOOOOO, Iyalode, I dey ask you come and stay with me until the "storm" is over grin grin grin Got an extra room for you and my nephew tongue

UNLEASHED nothing do you o jare, Wesley Snipes aint got nothing on you boo kiss

How old is your nephew Ebony, please tell me he is more than 16 years old lipsrsealed
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Nobody: 3:45am On Feb 04, 2009
Busy_body:

UNLEASHED nothing do you o jare, Wesley Snipes aint got nothing on you boo kiss

How old is your nephew Ebony, please tell me he is more than 16 years old lipsrsealed

The dude makes black look sexy!!! cheiiiiiii!!

My nephew na ur lil one na, abi se eti gbagbe ni?
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:47am On Feb 04, 2009
Siena:

DeltaVAGTM

LOL!!!. . .i don die oo. grin grin grin

@ Unleashed

U look like a personal trainer or is it just that u have like 4/5 out fits on?? shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by cvibe: 7:27am On Feb 04, 2009
Delta vag, you sef!

Unleashed was wearing the snow protector over his eyes. smiley
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2009
my glass ain't 4 show anyway. . . .take close look!
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by SEgbo(f): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2009
Well apparently there is going to be another 5-10 inches of snow starting tomorrow!! Hopefully no work on friday! Fingers Crossed
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by cvibe: 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2009
Unleashed, why did you remove the picture now?
Re: The Weather Sweeping through the UK Current: Have You Been Affected? by Hauwa1: 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2009
Rochy is really worst than Buffalo. i just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Chester for the snow cheesy cheesy cheesy

how is it now brit pple??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAKANOW Is A Big Scam!!!! / Nigeria Air, Aviation Unions And Matters Arising / Uyo Airport: New Terminal Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.