Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (5650 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2015
Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially From The Ibos Like To Date/Marry Yoruba Men?

I always ask myself this question yet I’ve not gotten a convincing answer. Good numbers of these tribes are fond of calling the Yorubas names but the same set of people will still see their daughters/sisters going out with a Yoruba guy and will still allowed it. Many even allow their daughters/sisters to marry the yorubas.

Is there anything hidden in these people (the Yorubas) that still motivate these tribes to marry them?

Please, I want you (Nairalanders) to help me out.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by agarawu23(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2015
wrong observation

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 24, 2015
@op...u re a big fat lier

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Enegod(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2015
smh
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by jascon1(m): 10:52am On Apr 24, 2015
To begin with, they love to marry Yoruba men so they can teach them how to spell correctly and avoid the kinda mistakes u make in Ur English n spellings as can be seen on Ur topic. Secondly, variety spices up life. thirdly, cos u r not smart n wise n u r easy to control. Thirdly, some of Dem have been used to living with Yoruba all their lives n they understand their cultures n they love the parties et all. Fourthly fifthly n sixthly the reasons go on so so and so so

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Utchgirl(f): 10:56am On Apr 24, 2015
Since whn did u notice dis observatn mr Op ?
If only ur yoruba sisters wil leave our igbo brodas alone .If u tink im nt saying d truth ask lola omotayo(peter okoye's wife(of psquare)
E war loading......

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kambili999(f): 10:57am On Apr 24, 2015
Op, that few (like very few) get involved with yoruba men is not enough reason for you to say that. Coz I strongly disagree with you. they could have them as friends but marriage is not certified. cheers.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Kassidy90(m): 11:05am On Apr 24, 2015
kambili999:
Op, that few (like very few) get involved with yoruba men is not enough reason for you to say that. Coz I strongly disagree with you. they could have them as friends but marriage is not certified. cheers.
Kind of agree with you, they like dating Yorubas but marriage... Hmm only few..... I av 4 igbo ladies to my name and I would have marry anyone of them if they wanted it.... I really like igbo ladies they are good at almost everything

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by libertyfather(m): 11:24am On Apr 24, 2015
Nothing to question about their motive, it simply where her heart directs her..I'm proudly married to an igbo girl

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by RapLawd(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2015
and you're from which tribe
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by coolzeal(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yoruba men professing their desire for our Igbo women and wish the opposite. Too bad we have enough Igbo men for our women. No wonder they are the first to kick against sovereign state of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by cooljude(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Funny thread, the same can be said for Yoruba ladies.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kambili999(f): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kassidy90:

Kind of agree with you, they like dating Yorubas but marriage... Hmm only few..... I av 4 igbo ladies to my name and I would have marry anyone of them if they wanted it.... I really like igbo ladies they are good at almost everything
are you yoruba?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Kassidy90(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
kambili999:
are you yoruba?
Proudly Yoruba...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by grad2012(f): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
Yes may be date, but marry i dont really tink so sha.

#OMOYORUBA grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2015
coolzeal:
Yoruba men professing their desire for our Igbo women and wish the opposite. Too bad we have enough Igbo men for our women. No wonder they are the first to kick against sovereign state of Biafra.
Abi naa...assuming say u don get ur biafra..Nneka123,Dechandel,mirexxx,tohpaz,DrAify...I cant finish mentioning names...Wouldnt have been Nigerians...chai, u Guys use style selfish ooo,u won pack all those beautiful ladies to urself alone..God pass u tongue

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 2:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Because its generally easier to marry/date yoruba men compared to other tribes.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by shindarayo(f): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Utchgirl:
If only ur yoruba sisters wil leave our igbo brodas alone .If u tink im nt saying d truth ask lola omotayo(peter okoye's wife(of psquare)
E war loading......
y do I sense something herre.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Utchgirl(f): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
shindarayo:
y do I sense something herre.
Lolzzz
wht r u sensing?
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Ihuomadinihu: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Many Igbos don't marry outside their tribe,so the question is why do Yoruba men insist on going for igbo ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by tpiadotcom: 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2015
question has been answered here:

tpiadotcom:
Because its generally easier to marry/date yoruba men compared to other tribes.

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Utchgirl:
E war loading......

IF ONLY YOUR IBO SISTERS WILL LEAVE OUR YORUBA BROTHERS ALONE. IF YOU THINK IM WRONG, KINDLY ASK VICTORIA ELLIOT DESMOND

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
Many Igbos don't marry outside their tribe,so the question is why do Yoruba men insist on going for igbo ladies.

AND WHY ARE THEY ACCEPTING THEM

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
kambili999:
WHY DO THEY EVEN AGREED TO HAVE THEM AS FRIENDS AT ALL, A MEAN DATING THEM IF THEY DONT SEE SOMETHING SPECIAL IN THEM.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Utchgirl(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:

IF ONLY YOUR IBO SISTERS WILL LEAVE OUR YORUBA BROTHERS ALONE. IF YOU THINK IM WRONG, KINDLY ASK VICTORIA ELLIOT DESMOND
I used lola omotayo as an e.g bc peter's family(esp dia moda) neva wanted her bt guess wht? She persisted.Hop u wil now tel me hw Desmond Elliot's family hate Victoria?
Waiting 4 ur reply asap ......

1 Like

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kambili999(f): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
Kassidy90:

Proudly Yoruba...
okay.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kambili999(f): 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:
WHY DO THEY EVEN AGREED TO HAVE THEM AS FRIENDS AT ALL, A MEAN DATING THEM IF THEY DONT SEE SOMETHING SPECIAL IN THEM.
that question should be forwarded to those of them who are friends with them.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Utchgirl:

I used lola omotayo as an e.g bc peter's family(esp dia moda) neva wanted her bt guess wht? She persisted.Hop u wil now tel me hw Desmond Elliot's family hate Victoria?
Waiting 4 ur reply asap ......
ARE YOU IN THE SO CALLED FAMILY? OR IS IT POSSIBLE FOR TO TWO TO BE TOGETHER WITHOUT AGREEMENT?
WHERE WAS THE FAMILY(ESPECIALLY THE MOTHER) WHEN THE TWO WERE JOINED OR ARE THEY NOT MARRRIED YET.
MY QUESTION IS WHY .... ESPECIALLY IBO LADIES LIKE TO MARRY YORUBA MEN ( OR ACCEPT YORUBA MEN TO MARRY THEM) NOT WHY FAMILY (ESPECIALLY MOTHER) WANT A YORUBA LADIES TO DIVORCE THEIR IBO SON.

BECAUSE I BELIEVED IF THEY HAVE NOT CONSENTED THE MARRIAGE IT WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN PLACE.

AND YOUR SAMPLE IS NOT LIMITED TO IBO VS YORUBA; IT HAPPENS EVEN IN IBO VS IBO SETTING.
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by mightycrown1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
kambili999:
that question should be forwarded to those of them who are friends with them.
VERY SOON YOU WILL JOIN
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by kambili999(f): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:

VERY SOON YOU WILL JOIN
lemme just laff it out and act like I didn't see what you wrote. I have friends who are yoruba but getting involved with them? lol...I pray it will never happen.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Utchgirl(f): 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:

ARE YOU IN THE SO CALLED FAMILY? OR IS IT POSSIBLE FOR TO TWO TO BE TOGETHER WITHOUT AGREEMENT?
WHERE WAS THE FAMILY(ESPECIALLY THE MOTHER) WHEN THE TWO WERE JOINED OR ARE THEY NOT MARRRIED YET.
MY QUESTION IS WHY .... ESPECIALLY IBO LADIES LIKE TO MARRY YORUBA MEN ( OR ACCEPT YORUBA MEN TO MARRY THEM) NOT WHY FAMILY (ESPECIALLY MOTHER) WANT A YORUBA LADIES TO DIVORCE THEIR IBO SON.

BECAUSE I BELIEVED IF THEY HAVE NOT CONSENTED THE MARRIAGE IT WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN PLACE.

AND YOUR SAMPLE IS NOT LIMITED TO IBO VS YORUBA; IT HAPPENS EVEN IN IBO VS IBO SETTING.

my sample is jus to show u hw ur yoruba sisters r desperate to get married to our ibo bodas. They tend to enter, evn wia they r nt wanted.
NB ;Peter didnt get married to lola whn d mum(peter's mum) wz alive.
Conclusion; ur yoruba sisters alwaz like / wish to marry our igbo brodas....jus d opposite of d thread
Re: Why Are Ladies From Other Tribes Especially Ibos Like To Date/marry Yoruba Men? by Ihuomadinihu: 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
mightycrown1:

AND WHY ARE THEY ACCEPTING THEM
Why are they going after them?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How On Earth Is This A Pre Wedding Photo Shoot ( Pics) / This Can't Be True!! African Women Have The Smallest breast Sizes In The World!! / Those Butterflies-in-the-stomach Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.