Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee (27292 Views)

Amaechi, Bakare, Others On Buhari’s 18-Man Delegation To US - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Joda, 85 year Old To Head His Transition Committee / List Of Members Of The Presidential Transition Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by arbitter: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2015
barcanista:
No ma'am he has yet to clear my doubt because it will need a long 4 years for my doubt over his administration to be cleared. Meanwhile, we shall watch their transition and follow-up with the government policies. It's a long 4 years...."I hope he succeed though"

Its really hard to take you seriously since you still have tons of threads promoting Buhari and supporting him with all your energy. Then again no one forced these guys to pay attention to you so much. But i have to say you do work hard and write well so maybe you deserve the attention BUT you're totally just like Beaf and Sincere9gerian and where the hell are those guys now anyway?

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by handsometokunbo: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2015
Jobneeded12:

THISDAY is an Igbo paper and is embittered at the rise of the SW there aim was to bring SW down but Yimu Tinubu has pushed SW forward economically and politically making it the richest region with at least N2.3trn

They have always been and they ll continue to be embittered for life while we are making progress in their worthless presence.

They ll continue to run to our land in thousands in order to survive and thrive in business. That is the curse that is placed on haters in the bible
Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by bajosky: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2015
NIGERIA WEPT
its not all about technocrat but after d may 29th can they contain with our kwoorupt legislooters in passage of bills n policies without support of envelop.ALONGSIDE THOSE POLITICIANS IN CORRIDOR OF POWER.

it wasn't easy for Gej let the dem also taste n see.

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by jibbish(m): 11:34am On Apr 25, 2015
stronger:

Are you answering that thing?

People were selected to print invites, buy serviette and drinks and he was having spasms on their integrity.

Any one that knows that clown should please look after him. The days and years ahead will be tough. I hope he doesn't hurt himself grin grin
Kai, u don finish d guy patapata....

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by ideykwum: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Dr. Salami is a fine gentleman! He taught me at LBS!! I'm proud of his achievements! People like him should be minister!

PassingShot:
I see a list of credible personalities here. A blend of accomplished technocrats and seasoned politicians.

Let's wait for the doomsday sayers but before then let me do a quick short review of the key personalities there:

1. Mallam Ahmed Joda: Ahmed Mohammed Joda is a Nigerian administrator, journalist, politician who is a former permanent secretary in the Northern Nigerian Public Service, Federal Ministry of Information, Education and the Federal Ministry of Industries and was among a class of super perm secs in the 1970s who were mostly a cadre of group three level perm secs who played a major role during the Nigerian Civil War. In the 1960s, he worked with Ahmadu Bello in the Northern regional government.

In 1999, he headed a Committee on Assessment of Federal Government parastatals and also a panel on poverty alleviation.

Lately, he serves as the chairman of ABTI-American University of Nigeria, Yola and is the principal founder of Benue Valley Farms.
http://nigerianwiki.com/wiki/Ahmed_Joda

2. Dr. Doyin Salami: Dr. Doyin Salami is a full time member of the faculty at the Lagos Business School (LBS), Pan-Atlantic University where he is an Associate Professor. In addition to teaching, he works as a Principal Consultant in Edward Kingston Associates. His consulting activities have included assignments for the Department for International Development (DFID), World Bank, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), and United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Dr. Salami is a past member of the Federal Government's Economic Management Team. He serves as a Member of the Advisory Board of CBO Investment Management. Dr. Salami is an accomplished economist and has a doctorate degree from Queen Mary College, University of London.
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=268127462&privcapId=267889141&previousCapId=20356961&previousTitle=MUTUAL%20BENEFITS%20ASSURANCE%20PL

3. Prof. Tam David-West: David-West was born in Buguma, Kalabari, in what is now Rivers State. He received his higher education at the University of Ibadan (1956–1958) and earned a BSc degree at Michigan State University (1958–1960), an MSc degree at Yale University (1960–1962), and a PhD degree at McGill University (1964–1966). David-West was consultant virologist and senior lecturer at the University of Ibadan in 1969 and was subsequently promoted to professor of virology in 1975.

David-West served in Nigerian government as commissioner of education and a member of the Executive Council of Rivers State (1975–1979), as a member of the fifty-person Constitution Drafting Committee for the Federal Military Government of General Murtala Muhammed (1979), as federal minister of petroleum and energy under General Muhammadu Buhari (1984–1985), and as minister of mines, power, and steel under General Ibrahim Babangida (1986). He was eventually removed as minister and arrested by the Babangida regime for allegedly contributing to the economic adversity of the country; He was discharged and acquitted of these charges by Nigeria's Special Appeal Court on 08 August 1991.

1 Like

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by Demdem(m): 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
barcanista:
No ma'am he has yet to clear my doubt because it will need a long 4 years for my doubt over his administration to be cleared. Meanwhile, we shall watch their transition and follow-up with the government policies. It's a long 4 years...."I hope he succeed though"

Did u wait for the inauguration committee (party organisers) to commence work before exposing more of ur hypocritical self? Why wait for transition committee before doing what u do best.

4 Likes

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by shaqhead: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
oseni9ja:
hahahah my guy don humble...lwkmd...Buhari will clear ur doubt..
Haahahhahhhaha...I feel for Barcanista..Used to call him Jack Bauer...

That awkward moment when he sees 63 Mentions and he is scared to read them cos he knows what lies in wait behind d click.

He summons courage and "clicks"

After readin just two of the Mentions

His neighbours hear him shout..."Abeg o, I am thirsty...I say I am thirsty o.

His landlord's daughter who had nt hidden her love for him as she considers his segun arinze okpolo eyes and his 3rd Niger Bridge Banky Head sexxy, quickly rushed in with 5 "pure waters".

He shook his head in rejection of d water.

She knelt beside him and asked him what else he will like to drink since he kept shoutin dt he was thirsty.

"I am thirsty o" he shouted

Confused, she said as she cupped her "bobbies"..."Water no plenty insyd ds aftrnoon becos Akpan drink plenty for night,u go drink?"

He looked at her with anger realising he has been sharing d same bobby with Akpan their gateman...and he hissed loudly before he spoke.

"Please I want to drink OTAPIAPIA mixed with small RAT POISON"...I want to kill myself!

"Why?" she asked

"My enemies, NAIRALANDERS want to kill me, they want to kill me oo"

"Ah..Nairalanders?" she shouted

U go take two bottles of Otapiapia and One satchet of Rat Poison so dt e go work faaaasst o becos na only me kno wetin dem do ur rival BEAF!

cc:
Mynd44
ilugunboy
Demdem
PassingShot
Mymouth
keneking
jaybee3

3 Likes

Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by PassingShot(m): 1:50pm On Apr 25, 2015
shaqhead:

Haahahhahhhaha...I feel for Barcanista..Used to call him Jack Bauer...

That awkward moment when he sees 63 Mentions and he is scared to read them cos he knows what lies in wait behind d click.

He summons courage and "clicks"

After readin just two of the Mentions

His neighbours hear him shout..."Abeg o, I am thirsty...I say I am thirsty o.

His landlord's daughter who had nt hidden her love for him as she considers his segun arinze okpolo eyes and his 3rd Niger Bridge Banky Head sexxy, quickly rushed in with 5 "pure waters".

He shook his head in rejection of d water.

She knelt beside him and asked him what else he will like to drink since he kept shoutin dt he was thirsty.

"I am thirsty o" he shouted

Confused, she said as she cupped her "bobbies"..."Water no plenty insyd ds aftrnoon becos Akpan drink plenty for night,u go drink?"

He looked at her with anger realising he has been sharing d same bobby with Akpan their gateman...and he hissed loudly before he spoke.

"Please I want to drink OTAPIAPIA mixed with small RAT POISON"...I want to kill myself!

"Why?" she asked

"My enemies, NAIRALANDERS want to kill me, they want to kill me oo"

"Ah..Nairalanders?" she shouted

U go take two bottles of Otapiapia and One satchet of Rat Poison so dt e go work faaaasst o becos na only me kno wetin dem do ur rival BEAF!

cc:
Mynd44
ilugunboy
Demdem
PassingShot
Mymouth
keneking
jaybee3

Chai, you wicked ooo.
Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by absulo(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
18-man Transition Committee?....wow, getting ready for another Committee-filled Government. one wonders how big GMB Government will be going by this.
Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by darkjorse: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
I see Yoruba people only
Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by nagoma(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
doctokwus:
Am so glad to see Festus Odimegwu in that list.
This is a real sign that GMB actually wants to transcend sentiments and tribal politics in choosing people to move this nation forward.
Odimegwu for those who do not know apart from being d MD of Nigerian breweries actually came into limelight when a group of influential northern elite including a staunch GMB supporter and governor of Kano state,kwankwaso, put pressure on GEJ to sack him as the head of the population commission for speaking the truth about all d census conducted in Nigeria, that all have been fraudulent and characterized by inflation of figures and registration of non human specie.I never thought that man would be allowed to come near any genuine,truthful government again.
Kudos to GMB. Every step u take just confirms further that yours is a divine duty of redemption of Nigeria.

Having Festus Odimegwu anywhere near this committee is a gross mistake. I wonder how he got there. His antecedents are well known to Nigerians. You cannot place an unrepentant bigot in such positions. I would want to know the position of APC stakeholders such as Kwankwaso on the appointment of Odimegwu on this committee.
Re: Ahmed Joda Heads Buhari's 18-man Transition Committee by nagoma(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
REVISIT - FESTUS ODIMEGWU OCTOBER 2013
----------------------------------------------------
"There was jubilation in parts of northern Nigeria today as President Goodluck Jonathan bowed to pressure from a section of northern Nigeria politicians and relieved the Chairman of the country’s National Population Commission, Mr festus odimegwu of his position. The president appointed Sam Ahaiwe, the Commissioner representing Abia State in the Commission, to act as chairman pending the appointment of a new chairman of the commission.
Observers were not surprised at the abrupt removal of Odumegwu who at a public function had said: “No census has been credible in Nigeria since 1816. Even the one conducted in 2006 is not credible. I have the records and evidence produced by scholars and professors of repute; this is not my report. If the current laws are not amended, the planned 2016 census will not succeed”.
Sequel to that indicting statement, which succeed”.
Sequel to that indicting statement, which echoed the views of many experts, northern Nigeria politicians and governors led by Rabiu Kwankwaso undertook a virulent lobby which urged Jonathan to drop odimegwu. They noted that odimegwu’s blunt statement was capable of destabilizing the country.
Kwankwaso is the current governor of Kano state which has benefitted the most from the same fraudulent population figures that odimegwu complained about.
Following his visit to President Jonathan after the vexed Odumegwu statement, Kwankwaso offered the following statement to the media and making a snide reference to odimegwu’s past as boss of Nigeria Breweries PLC: “…I also raised the issue of the Chairman of the National Population Commission headed by one festus Odimegwu. "We are not happy about that appointment, and think that it was a mistake. He had only one thing in alcoholic industry (sic), all his life. And my guess is that he’s taking a lot of his products and that is why we feel that his appointment is a mistake because he cannot be the Chairman of NPC and at the same time attack what his predecessors have done”
[color=#990000][/color]Although international agencies recognise Lagos as hosting an estimated 15 million people, making it one of the most populated metropolis in the world, Nigeria’s last census exercise which was fraught with fraud as odimegwu opined, ascribes the largest population to Kwankwaso’s Kano State instead of Lagos."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Campaigns In Wudil, Kano State (Pictures) / Exclusive Pictures Of Jos Dry Port, With Analysis By Dr Chinnan Mclean / The Nigeria Labour Congress Endorses Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.