Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,014 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. (5483 Views)

Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / Airtel Scrap Unlimited Hourly Data Plan / Etisalat New Data Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
As a huge fan of the discontinued payg unlimited internet plan from etisalat, i was well ecstatic when i heard of this new plan because i legitly paid for it back then and enjoyed its value. However, I am a little disappointed as regards the below surface value of this compared to the previous plan.

My Findings:
1. Yes it exists
2. It is initially capped at about 160mb (Supposedly unlimited
speed within this period)
3. Once that fair usage is reached, speed is reduced to max
300kbps,attaining even half this speed is almost impossible.
4. It is later brought down to a max speed of 60kbps.

Conclusion:
Depending on what you need it for, you would be better off deactivating and resubscribing once the fair usage line is crossed.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by LILGWANZ(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
wow that's bad
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Terver23(m): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
how do u sub for it hw mch
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by dustmalik: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
Why creating multiple threads on this same trick? Couldn't you post it on the already existing thread?
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by dustmalik: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Why creating multiple threads on this same trick? Couldn't you post it on the already existing thread? Mods, please close this thread.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by W3xy1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Am still enjoying my 15naira per 5 mins
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Kingoflotto(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
some people can be so silly why open another thread for this shit you want it blocked again na waaa for some people ooo
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by mikron(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2015
but it works perfectly for me, been downloading at 600 kb/s for 2 hours now cheesy cheesy
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2015
Kingoflotto:
some people can be so silly why open another thread for this shit you want it blocked again na waaa for some people ooo

If you read what i wrote up there properly,you would realise i stated that "it exists" and from all indications, an official service. I am not a fan of your so called covert tricks, i pay for services.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:
Why creating multiple threads on this same trick? Couldn't you post it on the already existing thread? Mods, please close this thread.

Like i said, my observations and from all indications, its no trick.
if its of no use to you, do well and keep moving.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
mikron:
but it works perfectly for me, been downloading at 600 kb/s for 2 hours now cheesy cheesy

Please enlighten Us of your way if its legit.
Thanks.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by kunlesufyan(m): 2:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
Honestly, there isn't any plan as dope as the former payg plan...I used that plan ehn..
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Ozigbondu(m): 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
Oautce:
As a huge fan of the discontinued payg unlimited internet plan from etisalat, i was well ecstatic when i heard of this new plan because i legitly paid for it back then and enjoyed its value. However, I am a little disappointed as regards the below surface value of this compared to the previous plan.

My Findings:
1. Yes it exists

Conclusion:
Depending on what you need it for, you would be better off deactivating and resubscribing once the fair usage line is crossed.
lf you opt in you opt out immediately to avoid reducing of speed but this method will exhaust after three hours not three days
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by SirLewis(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2015
Well said @oautce, THIS ISN'T A TRICK, tweak or whatever you guys call it. It's a legit plan that can be decommissioned by etisalat whenever they deem fit. Multiple threads about it or not has no effect on how long it will last.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by dustmalik: 3:03pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirLewis:
Well said @oautce, THIS ISN'T A TRICK, tweak or whatever you guys call it. It's a legit plan that can be decommissioned by etisalat whenever they deem fit. Multiple threads about it or not has no effect on how long it will last.
Do you even know the meaning of legit? Show me where the procedure is written on their website. Call their CC and ask them about it, they will tell you that it doesn't exist. You guys never learn the from past experience.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by imsuboi(m): 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
Yeah. This speed-throttling issue is very annoying.

I still prefer the old pay-g pattern. It was waaay better undecided
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by SirLewis(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:

Do you even know the meaning of legit? Show me where the procedure is written on their website. Call their CC and ask them about it, they will tell you that it doesn't exist. You guys never learn the from past experience.
You mean the same customer care agents who didn't know payg had been decommissioned until a day after? Was the payg #15 for 5 minutes plan listed amongst other bundle plans on their website? Do you pay for this current plan or do you download for free? Who activates the plan and informs you when it has been activated? Who regulates the download speed? How do you know how much hours you have left and who gives you such information? This is why too much "awoof" isn't good. One day people won't be able to tell the difference between a freebie and a scam.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by beinstein(m): 3:16pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:

believe what CC peeps say and you'll believe anything..... some of them don't even know the code to check account balance and data.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by mrdrizzy(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
Una don start again abi,

people nvr learn
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by dustmalik: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirLewis:
You mean the same customer care agents who didn't know payg had been decommissioned until a day after? Was the payg #15 for 5 minutes plan listed amongst other bundle plans on their website? Do you pay for this current plan or do you download for free? Who activates the plan and informs you when it has been activated? Who regulates the download speed? How do you know how much hours you have left and who gives you such information? This is why too much "awoof" isn't good. One day people won't be able to tell the difference between a freebie and a scam.
All their sanctioned products and services are documented on their website. like i said, show me where this one is on their website. plain and simple.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nasri100(m): 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:

All their sanctioned products and services are documented on their website. like i said, show me where this one is on their website. plain and simple.

Oga the guy don win you cheesy answer his question; Did you see PAYG listed on their website when it was still on?
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by dustmalik: 3:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirLewis:
Yes, PAYG #15 per 5 mins was well advertised on their website and other mediums. All their sanctioned products and services are documented on their website. like i said, show me where this one is on their website. plain and simple.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirLewis:

Well said.
A terabyte of likes?
Naah...i'd go with Yottabyte.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by SirLewis(m): 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:

I really don't like engaging in flimsy arguments. Read the questions I asked previously, slowly and with less prejudice this time around.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nasri100(m): 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
SirLewis:
I really don't like engaging in flimsy arguments. Read the questions I asked previously, slowly and with less prejudice this time around.

Lol I tired to tell him
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Sibrah: 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Oautce:

At 300 kbps it is still a fair deal for opening of pages and updating of antivirus e.t.c what u didn't tell is the amount of time or data the 300 kbps lasted.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Sibrah: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
[quote author=Oautce post=33092121][/quote]Can it work on PC via phone modem set up?
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sibrah:

At 300 kbps it is still a fair deal for opening of pages and updating of antivirus e.t.c what u didn't tell is the amount of time or data the 300 kbps lasted.

Yes it is.
Me getting to know about the 300kbps is as a result of the text message received after crossing the fair usage line...i never achieved even half that speed but i wouldn't hold them on it because such statement actually means "up to 300kbps".
For the time, it actually depends on data network availability at your location and how much the speed throttling leans in your favour.
Based on my 9 subscriptions so far i'd guess 45mins-1hr, all things being equal, tho i only used the throttled speed once. Total data consumed during that period was difficult to track because slow internet irks me. It should work on all devices, i used my mobile hotspot.
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by mikron(m): 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2015
dustmalik:

STEPS:
1. Dial *620*1# to migrate to Easy Life.
2. Then dial *229*3*7#. 15naira wil be deducted and you'll be given 3 hours for unlimited browsing, streaming and downloads.

To check your remaining hours, dial *228#
To opt out, dial *227*0#.

It seems the speed drops to 600kbps after the first 30Mins, but it still flames.
once u have subscribed try and immidiadely opt out to avoid speed trotting, goodluck
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Joe50(m): 6:54pm On Apr 25, 2015
[size=15pt]someone should delete this thread asap[/size]
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
mikron:
STEPS:
1. Dial *620*1# to migrate to Easy Life.
2. Then dial *229*3*7#. 15naira wil be deducted and you'll be given 3 hours for unlimited browsing, streaming and downloads.

To check your remaining hours, dial *228#
To opt out, dial *227*0#.

It seems the speed drops to 600kbps after the first 30Mins, but it still flames.
once u have subscribed try and immidiadely opt out to avoid speed trotting, goodluck
i was given 100hours and i dont know why is different from other 15naira stuff? do you know why?
Re: Etisalat's New Hourly Data Plan, My Observation. by Kingoflotto(m): 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
Joe50:
[size=15pt]someone should delete this thread asap[/size]
I don't why people will not learn please mods delete this thread sharply I just don't know some idiots can't keep their mouth shut and enjoy this tweak codedly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel Mms Is Back 4real / Can Nokia Asha 205 Do Whatsapp? / What Is The Meaning Of This? (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.