Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Principles Of Great Coding - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Principles Of Great Coding (7012 Views)

Code Challenge [1]: Pseudo-code, C#, JAVA (apply Object Oriented Principles) / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2009
@nitation,

yea.

Anyone noticed what happened to google on the 31st of january?
google's website kept reporting "Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer! " for every search result

those are supposed to be the internet giants making silly mistakes
also read some months back about avast antivirus forum been hacl<ed => http://news.softpedia.com/news/Avast-Forum-soiled-Users-At-Risk-70378.shtml

imagine it is yahoo wallet 2mrrw, the internet is never safe.
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 8:59am On Feb 09, 2009
@webdezzi

You are very correct! Nothing is safe online (internet). I was reading a blog recently about flaws in DNS. I was astonished as to what became the outcome of this huge vulnerability. If name service is contagious, then the internet is not worth visiting (in my dreamz anyways).

Folks, stuff is happening out there that is not visible to most People.

NB: IF YOU HAVE COME ACROSS ANYTHING LIKE XP-POLICE ON YOUR COMPUTER. BEWARE IT IS A MALWARE!!!
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by oludimuni: 10:14am On Feb 09, 2009
Maintain your flow
Flow is a psychological state that you get into when you’re absorbed in your work (sportsmen call it being “in the zone”). Have you ever gotten really into your work, so much so that suddenly an hour has passed without you noticing? That’s flow! In this state, you tend to be very productive and very focused on the task at hand. Therefore, you want to try to stay in this state for as much of the time as possible. It can take as much as 15 minutes to get into the flow, so it’s important to minimise things that will pull you out of the flow (once you’re out, that’s 15 minutes largely wasted). That means try to avoid distractions, turn off the e-mail alert beep, listen to music to block out background noise, turn off your web browser. Whatever it takes!
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 10:26am On Feb 09, 2009
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by fatezy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nice advice you guys. I would say i'm a beginner and would like to know how much attention a programmer should say to memory management & also if necessary how memory could be efficiently managed. Also does long line of codes mean more use of memory?
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
nitation, Thanks for maintaining the flow. i love that

@poster, remember to give honour to whom it is due

@fatezy
it depends on the task at hand.
an example is selecting * from table when you can actually select id where something=this
then you hold all that in memory.

I once got hooked to a situation where i was left with the option of holding close to 5megs of data in memory throughout the lifetime of my application, and keep comparing it with what we have in the database, so if both dont match, do something.

thats an example of poor memory management.

Your long script is not the issue but the actions performed by your script.
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2009
lol - they don talk am finish - na to commoth biro and paper to begin write remain
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 9:10am On Feb 10, 2009
Can someone please tell me who DHTML is? Are you some client-side guru Please I wanna learn ooo
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Emmacomng: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2009
@ nitation good for keeping the flow and the essense.
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2009
Thanks guys for commenting on my post! I just believe in sharing whatever i have upstairs with anyone who's interested.

Ya-wa-ti-de, You no dey come online??

my 2 cent
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by yawatide(f): 3:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
nitation,

I'd rather be and remain a mystery, a ghost of sorts. The less you see of me, the more you want to know about me cool
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by jacob05(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
who cares, if you like become a ghost, gorilla or even a bug. grin
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by jacob05(m): 3:44pm On Feb 10, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
who cares, if you like become a ghost, gorilla or even a bug. grin
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ Jacob

Thank you for saving my a** from ya-wa-ti-de.

To you THA GHOST! you funny ooo
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Emmacomng: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2009
@ yawa-ti-de

i like the concept of your website
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 11:29am On Feb 11, 2009
Thank you on her behalf. She's one of the few Nigerians with this kind skill. More grace to your elbow!!!!
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2009
@ emmacomng.

is oakservers.net ur website?
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by yawatide(f): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2009
jacob05,

In the spirit of "masho-ree-tee", I will refrain from responding to your rants. cool
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by jacob05(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
"masho-ree-tee" ? English ? grin
"masho-ree-tee" kọ "Abracadabra" ni .
It does amaze me of how some Nairalanders get annoyed very easyly.
@TOPIC
Don't get Annoyed OR Worryed if you are having a "BUG" in you program cus you still have MANY MORE BUGS TO FIX grin
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Emmacomng: 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2009
@webdezzi

www.oakservers.net is a product of a communication company. Emmanuel Communications Limited, most of the staff are on Nairaland
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by yawatide(f): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2009
It also does amaze me how some nairalanders make assumptions and claim to be mind readers.

Who said anything about being annoyed? Hmm undecided undecided

Remember when you ASSSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME tongue
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by jacob05(m): 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2009
@yawa-ti-de
THANK GOD YOU NOT ANNOYED . CUS I HAVE MANY OF FUTURE MY FUTURE SITES AND PROGRAMS grin THAT YOU WILL HELP TO REVIEW. Still waiting for your ebook i requested.NOW SOMEBODY CARES grin
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by oludimuni: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ jacob

Yawa-ti-de is very mature, that i feel and she cant get annoyed
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2009
@ Jacob

I will personally ask Fash to revoke your traveling documents as soon as you arrive at the international airport Murtala [ lol ]

Watch how you respond to our goddess ooo! Ya-wa-tide, you rock

About so many bugs in our code, unluckily for you, our review team is fixing it. lipsrsealed
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by oludimuni: 12:39am On Feb 12, 2009
@ all is well anyway, so many are looking up to great things from this thread however
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 12, 2009
Interesting - this is what i will call a programming market - i can see lots of programmers here - it is like an all-stars football match.
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by lighted: 5:28am On Feb 12, 2009
You got it, that was the ideal.
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by edyinvest: 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2009
Hi I understanding ur fear about SFI the online Affilite Marketing u just registered for well i still commend your effort to have registered. well i tell you though its not a get rich next month plan for most of which i have tried but ended up in a sad mood but i can tell you SFI is a sure get rich plan on which you could be rest assured that your future is in a safe hands. though i cant really go too far in this post i tried to mail u was told the mail u registered with Ole@yahoo.com do not exist so i had to try this way. if u really want to get along or know more about what SFI has in stuck for u then u can mail me with edy2k5@yahoo.co.uk or better still can me with anyone of 08055318502, 08065238056, and 07026240371 bt anytime of the day. i will be most glad to hear from you. Take good care of yourself.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 13, 2009
@nitation - so many ppl believe i am a client-sided developer(javascript/ajax coder), not quite true - i can code equally well on both client sided and server sided environment (just that i am not sure if i can write css codes as much as yawa), and cannot seem to use DW as much as webdezzi - but i am still tryin too - you will find my site on www.mwebng.net

Just tryin to get along with the flow (programming flow - great way to describe it - i call it inspirational flow).

And yawa, as alwayz have made sensible posts - i have alwayz been motivated by her posts for years (some things never change)
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by nitation(m): 10:18am On Feb 13, 2009
@dhtml

Good to know that. At this junction, i don't think i wanna know more than what you have explained.

Ride on and keep doing what you enjoy best. As for moa, am more on the back-end and security aspect of programming.

Later
Re: Principles Of Great Coding by yawatide(f): 12:20pm On Feb 13, 2009
dhtml,

It's called "typecasting". It's like seeing Nkem Owoh in a romantic movie. Having been typecast as a comedian, if you are like me, you probably won't watch such a movie. Likewise, you have typecast yourself as a javascript developer.

What will help you will be more than what even izal has to offer tongue

You probably need to lay low for while. For one though, as long as your tutorials proliferate (and I am not saying there is anything wrong with them), it only solidifies the typecasting wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aptech Or University Route? Which Is Better? / Algorithm And Data Structure Study Section / Why I Left Android App Development Since Last Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.