Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot (57909 Views)

Budget 2017: S-south, S-east Get N52.8bn For Road Projects / Abia Governorship Tussle: Both Ikpeazu And Ogah May Lose Out To Barr. FN Nwosu / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by PastorOla1: 1:04am On Apr 26, 2015
Bulkola Saraki will be better pls
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Onyiridike(f): 3:07am On Apr 26, 2015
datribune:

Pls u don't know GMB.
When GMB was in power, he surrounded himself wit a good team. d contribution of dis team of achievers which included d chief of Staff SHQ, Tunde Idiagbon, d head of d economic team Dr Onaolapo Soleye etc who had unfettered access to him was critical in overcoming d worst economic recession in our history.

GMB knows dat d buck stops on d president's table but he's a team player who surrounds himself wit d best. dis ability coupled wit his judgement is what u look 4 in a president.

Sorry! You didn't address the issue at hand.

STOP ranting and tell me how sure you are that Tinubu can always approach Buhari to make demands after May 29.

Thank you!
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Onyiridike(f): 3:14am On Apr 26, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:

When Ibos talk you know, the hatred for progress is boldly written on their forehead. You people will always be slaves in this new Nigeria if you retain your parochial perception.

Another tribal bigot.

Let us see how the Spare Tyre (Vice President) position will make your life better than an Igbo man since in your imagination, Buhari will be the president of ONLY Hausa & Yoruba.

Mind you, under GEJ, the North enjoyed more democracy dividends than the South-South.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Onyiridike(f): 3:26am On Apr 26, 2015
VirginFinder:
Tinubu will rather die than give up the SW having the Speakership.

freeglobe, are the ibos still begging Buhari for appointments?

Could you remind me what Yorubas achieved from Bank-ole's speakership.

Everything ended with the usual boasting: "we Yorubas produced the speaker".

ONLY Bank-ole (sorry, Bankole) and his family benefited from that post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by mechanics(m): 6:41am On Apr 26, 2015
IYANGBALI:
seconded. I can't wait to see that old shameless crook being an ordinary member in the senate. Fom no 3 to number nothing
na so.
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by ArcToyin(m): 7:07am On Apr 26, 2015
PPAngel:
Then if this is true, I foresee David Mark riding back to be Senate President.

The APC NC will be split btween David Mark and whoever APC has in the NE

I see Tinubu who was backing Akume order his puppets to vote against the APC.

A northeast senate president will make Buhari inviscible and too powerful.

Tinubu will want to check Buhari's new political base.
the zoning is not a one-man decision and i believe Tinubu will be part of the consensus if the news is true.
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by searay(m): 7:45am On Apr 26, 2015
lwise:
Rubbish

PDP=APC
Same style
it is call "Change"

Patiently waiting for my 5K every month from June
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by tallceejay(m): 7:54am On Apr 26, 2015
illiad1:

On the contrary we have never benefited anything from nigeria. And making an igbo man principal officer in senate or rep will add nothing to the progress of igbos

Never ? Benefited anything ? That's a strong word to use. If they didn't benefit anything, from the last administration, they wudnt hv voted enmasse for GEJ
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by bajosky: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2015
OMO north central wake up.
see what your mumu Defection is about to cost u ?
stand by your deal u entered with d party to still retain the Senate seat in your Zone .

National Hierachy of APc
President = North West
V P = south west
Senate P = N east
Speaker = S West

It Is Not Fair Ooo pdp was bad but not as rugged like this on arrival

let the change begin
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by datribune: 8:40am On Apr 26, 2015
Onyiridike:

Sorry! You didn't address the issue at hand.

STOP ranting and tell me how sure you are that Tinubu can always approach Buhari to make demands after May 29.

Thank you!

My post was clear enough but in case u lack d intellectual acuity to discern my submission, I'll repeat -
GMB's antecedents show dat he is a team player. I believe dat if he can giv unfettered assess to his associates like Idiagbon, Soleye etc during his first stint in power when he was even a maximum ruler wit near-absolute powers, now dat he's a civilian leader in a democratic dispensation he will do likewise or even more especially given d role played by d Jagaban in breaking d evil strangle-hold of d clueless & dysfunctional PDP. He knows dat he & nigeria owes d Jagaban tons of gratitude 4 helping to bring about d change we wanted
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by shammah1(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
God is watching. 2019 will soon reach. They'll all give account of their leadership before getting kicked out
Amazo:

Stop speaking like a naïve child or an ignorant fellow. The concluded elections can be likened as a political battle, so don't you know these positions are equatable to being the "spoils of war"? Now, who do you think the winning general (APC) will share it to - it's own warriors who gave their all to ensure victory, or the wounded losers? I think you should know the answer.

Besides, this is still an unconfirmed report - take note!
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by kernel504(m): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
sakaguchi:
APC won't kill us in this country oo!
Choi

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 24, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because this post gave me cancer anyway.
Best clown... Hahahaha
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 26, 2015
nortcentrallord:

C this funny Kogi girl, I thought you were an APC fan. Hehehehe.

Lol. I don't support any party actually. I'm just a critic of the Government. APC or PDP

1 Like

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Onyiridike(f): 10:23am On Apr 26, 2015
datribune:

My post was clear enough but in case u lack d intellectual acuity to discern my submission, I'll repeat -
GMB's antecedents show dat he is a team player. I believe dat if he can giv unfettered assess to his associates like Idiagbon, Soleye etc during his first stint in power when he was even a maximum ruler wit near-absolute powers, now dat he's a civilian leader in a democratic dispensation he will do likewise or even more especially given d role played by d Jagaban in breaking d evil strangle-hold of d clueless & dysfunctional PDP. He knows dat he & nigeria owes d Jagaban tons of gratitude 4 helping to bring about d change we wanted

For your information, Buhari most often gave Idiagbo instructions which he adhered to strictly. That doesn't not mean both enjoyed a very close 'relationship'.

Even in this regime, expect Osibanjo to do most of the jobs.

However, don't expect Buhari to be easily approachable by the like of Tinubu who is not even part of his government.
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by PPAngel(f): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
Olufhemy:

Just wish to state that as beautiful as your write up seems to have looked to you,it failed to take cognizance of the fact that the minority party can never Lead the senate or house.
Guess you will ask me:"SAYS WHO"
And I will be quick to answer: "STANDING HOUSE RULES"

Thank me later
Sai Baba

There is no constitutional phrasw that states that the majority party must produce the house leadership

See Tambuwal vs PDP for refrence

1 Like

Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by nortcentrallord(m): 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
kennygee:

Lol. I don't support any party actually. I'm just a critic of the Government. APC or PDP

Hehehehe, I believe you jor. Happy Sunday and 'v a blissful day.
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Olufhemy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
PPAngel:

There is no constitutional phrasw that states that the majority party must produce the house leadership

See Tambuwal vs PDP for refrence

Sems you 4got tambuwal was PDP all tru till he finally wanted to contest d sokoto Gov seat.
He won speakership as a PDP Hon.
Y did APC not bring up an APC speaker?.
Just reminding,thank me later.
Re: Saraki And Akume Lose Out On Senate Presidency As North-east Get Slot by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
Guy try de talk truth na. NE- VP 1999-2007
NE- Speaker of HOR 2011 -2015

sorry I made a mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

T.A Orji Sleeping During Senate Screening / Civilian JTF Reveal The Real Flag Of Shekau Rumoured To Have Been Captured(pics) / Mama Taraba After Surgery (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.