Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (196994 Views)

Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / See The $1m Emerald Belt For The Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by whocanbewho(m): 1:42am On May 03, 2015
Who knows the acurate time abeg? Is it 2am or 4?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by abumeinben(m): 1:47am On May 03, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M

Link to watch online pls
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:47am On May 03, 2015
Oga goan sleep na 4AM

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bettercreature(m): 1:47am On May 03, 2015
whocanbewho:
Who knows the acurate time abeg? Is it 2am or 4?
4AM i think
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by CodeineJunkiee(m): 1:47am On May 03, 2015
50calibre:
A week from today, the eyes of the world will be on the MGN Grand in Las Vegas as unarguably the most anticipated fight of this Century since Tyson V Lewis finally comes to fruition. This is set to be the richest fight in boxing history, generating a whooping $300 million but much like Tyson-Lewis, this is a long over-due fight 5/6 years in the making. So the pertinent questions here are; will it live up to its hype? And what are we to expect come May 2nd.

Both fighters are very different in style, Floyd is a defensive counter-puncher who's perfected the art of hitting without getting hit, while Pacquiao is a tenacious power puncher & more of risk taker who throws himself right into the mix. However the one thing both fighters have in common is speed.

Floyd Mayweather steps into the ring with a slight height & reach advantage as well as an unbeaten record (which may also be a burden) while Pacquiao will for once relish the underdog status, thus lifting the weight of expectations off his shoulders.

In my opinion, this fight could go either way, it's going to come down to which fighter shows up in better shape physically, psychologically and emotionally coupled with how well each fighter is able to deploy the most effective weapon in his arsenal. For Floyd, his elusiveness and for Pacquiao, his power.

Most pugilist fans like myself hope for an explosive fight ending in a knockout and it's up to Pacquiao the more sensational fighter to make that happen. If Floyd is able to stop Pacquiao from getting inside and unleashing his vicious combinations, then we are in for a boring 12 rounds of Mayweather over-cautiousness, with the scorecards deciding the winner and we all know Pacquiao will never win a decision over Mayweather in Vegas.

My heart is with Pacquiao as I always root for the underdog but my head tells me Mayweather. I'm contemplating wagering on Pacquiao but how do you wager against a man who's never lost? Which ever way it goes, only one man will make the transition from Champion to Legend.

I created this thread so that fight fans on this forum (I hope they're still here) can have their say. Lets hear your per-fight analysis and predictions, are we going to witness an upset? If you had to, on whom are you going to wager & why?

Seun & Mods please be kind enough to push this thread front page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EcPPc1f6M

Op it's MGM Grand not MGN. Correct accordingly
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by windgold: 1:49am On May 03, 2015
There are few bouts before the main Okpo of the century. Actually I think Mayweather will commence earlier depending on the outcome of other fights. Am predicting say pass 5 or to 6. Vigilant and awake for all the fights before the main bout.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Realone92(m): 1:49am On May 03, 2015
We are watching live
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by skfa1: 1:53am On May 03, 2015
Who is beating pls?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by stag: 1:54am On May 03, 2015
Tuned & Signing in for the bout...
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 1:57am On May 03, 2015
skfa1:
Who is beating pls?

the fight starts in 5mins over here which will be 9pm
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bettercreature(m): 1:58am On May 03, 2015
skfa1:
Who is beating pls?
Dont mind the guy above you they haven't start
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bettercreature(m): 1:58am On May 03, 2015
byrron:

the fight starts in 5mins over here which will be 9pm
It will start in 2hours
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by toluxa1(m): 2:02am On May 03, 2015
The match na 4am jare. Make I catch two hours sleep sharply. My WSS and Mobdro app all on standby.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by windgold: 2:03am On May 03, 2015
See MGM grand square, wow see the Okpo stage. Live at super sports 6.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:05am On May 03, 2015
started already
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:05am On May 03, 2015
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:06am On May 03, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:08am On May 03, 2015
Manny Pacquiao gudluck to ya cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:08am On May 03, 2015
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by oluwadare26(m): 2:09am On May 03, 2015
D fight will start anytime from dis moment. We are already welcomed to d venue
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by matthew41(m): 2:10am On May 03, 2015
The figth of the century is just about to start....
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 2:13am On May 03, 2015
Obafemi must score the first goal.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by cbaba: 2:14am On May 03, 2015
Nothing Starts until the undercards finish...hahahaha...classic hbo scam!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 2:15am On May 03, 2015
Lights Camera Action...
MGM grand square is Live cheesy
No sleep till 7am 2day
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by mdee1(m): 2:17am On May 03, 2015
naijaracist:
to view

http://firstrows.biz/boxing/floyd-mayweather-vs-manny-pacquiao-frs10a722
thanks bro e don dey work, but how will I remove that annoying message blocking??
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by encryptjay(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2015
Stunner1:
Lights Camera Action...
MGM grand square is Live cheesy
No sleep till 7am 2day
wow! shocked
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by mdee1(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2015
toluxa1:
The match na 4am jare. Make I catch two hours sleep sharply. My WSS and Mobdro app all on standby.
Guy hw u won do am, show us the way na
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by bogolobango(m): 2:18am On May 03, 2015
Lool na d match i dey wait for
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 2:19am On May 03, 2015
bettercreature:
It will start in 2hours

they advertised 9pm over here and its 9:18pm now yet no show
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Stunner1(f): 2:19am On May 03, 2015
encryptjay:

wow! shocked

Y is ur mouth open?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by naijaracist(m): 2:22am On May 03, 2015
i don't know i'm managing mine lol
mdee1:
thanks bro e don dey work, but how will I remove that annoying message blocking??
Re: Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing by Nobody: 2:22am On May 03, 2015
mdee1:

but that's not the main fight naa

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.