Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles (69266 Views)

Demons, Angels, Vampires Etc // Extraterresterials, Aliens, Ufos - Same Thing! / If Angels And Demons Can't Die, What Is The Point Of Their Engaging In Battle? / God And His Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by jcross19: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
dhope:

do u mean Lucifer was also among d cherub?
the word "lucifer" something like "wise or crafty that's they re elites among the angels. Cherub are the almighty guardian angels and singers.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Cleopatra4(f): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sanchez01:
3. Gabriel: Meaning - "Strength of God"; "The Divine is my strength"; "God is my strength"

Also known:
Abruel
Jibril
Jiburili
Serafili

The only Archangel depicted as female in art and literature, Gabriel is known as the "messenger" Angel and is one of the four Archangels named in Hebrew tradition and is considered one of the two highest-ranking Angels in Judeo-Christian and Islamic religious lore. Apart from Michael, she is the only Angel mentioned by name in the Old Testament. She is a powerful and strong Archangel, and those who call upon her will find themselves pushed into action that leads to beneficial results.

Gabriel can bring messages to you just as she did to Elizabeth and Mary of the impending births of their sons, John the Baptist and Jesus of Nazareth. If you are considering starting a family, Gabriel helps hopeful parents with conception or through the process of adopting a child.

Contact Gabriel if your third eye is closed and your spiritual vision is therefore blocked. If you wish to receive visions of Angelic guidance regarding the direction you are going in. If you wish to receive prophecies of the changes ahead. If you need help in interpreting your dreams and vision.

Gabriel helps anyone whose life purpose involves the arts or communication. She acts as a coach, inspiring and motivating artists, journalist and communicators and helping them to overcome fear and procrastination.

Gabriel also helps us to find our true calling. Ask for Gabriel's guidance if you have strayed from your soul's pathway, if you wish to understand your life plan and purpose. She can also help if you can find no reason for being or if changes are ahead and you need guidance. If you are contemplating a house move, major purchase or thinking of changing careers.

Call Gabriel if your body is full of toxins and needs purifying and if your thoughts are impure or negative and need clearing and cleansing. Gabriel is also very helpful for women who have been raped or sexually assaulted and feel dirty as well as being under psychic attack or if you feel that you have absorbed someone else's problems.
Gabriel na woman?
I don't Understand..
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Sanchez01: 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cleopatra4:

Gabriel na woman?
I don't Understand..
Lol... Not at all. Gabriel is often depicted as a female in most literary works but that is not to say it is true.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by luvmijeje(f): 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2017
OP, I'd have love this thread if you had back it with scriptural verses.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Cleopatra4(f): 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol... Not at all. Gabriel is often depicted as a female in most literary works but that is not to say it is true.
OK.
How do you summon this angels?
What do you believe in??
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by ikeepitreal(m): 7:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
Those asking for scriptural verses to back the existence of numerous angels are clearly deluded.I have pierced the first layer of the mysteries of the astral and the etheric and i can certainly say that the Bible has been deviously filtered of all the question evoking Stories and spiritual events.
The Bible is definitely a very efficient Moral guide but i urge those who are looking for more answers to widen their reading circles.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by luvmijeje(f): 7:51pm On Jul 01, 2017
ikeepitreal:
Those asking for scriptural verses to back the existence of numerous angels are clearly deluded.I have pierced the first layer of the mysteries of the astral and the etheric and i can certainly say that the Bible has been deviously filtered of all the question evoking Stories and spiritual events.
The Bible is definitely a very efficient Moral guide but i urge those who are looking for more answers to widen their reading circles.

Why are you indirectly insulting me for requesting for scriptural verses. Na wa for una.

Twice I've been insulted for requesting for scriptural verses just today alone. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by ikeepitreal(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2017
luvmijeje:

Why are you indirectly insulting me for requesting for scriptural verses. Na wa for una.

Twice I've been insulted for requesting for scriptural verses just today alone. Na wa o.
Lol, i apologize if you feel insulted.I just wanted you to understand that biblical verification isn't mostly available on mystic matters. i hope you get your hands on more interesting books that'll open your mind to boundless knowledge.
once again,i apologize.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by luvmijeje(f): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
ikeepitreal:

Lol, i apologize if you feel insulted.I just wanted you to understand that biblical verification isn't mostly available on mystic matters. i hope you get your hands on more interesting books that'll open your mind to boundless knowledge.
once again,i apologize.

Apology accepted.

Anything contrary or outside the Bible is heresy. Please don't take it personally.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Sanchez01: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
Cleopatra4:

OK.
How do you summon this angels?
What do you believe in??
Well, some particular Christian sect have mastered the craft of summoning angels but then I consider it totally unhealthy for several reasons. Most of the folks who summon them have turned them into objects of worship and rather than access Christ directly, they turn to these angels, mostly in prayers. The white garment churches are just some of the examples.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Sanchez01: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2017
luvmijeje:
OP, I'd have love this thread if you had back it with scriptural verses.
I hate to burst your bubble but I have to. There are certain mysteries that were never revealed in the Scriptures. The ministry of angels as well as their functions is one.

However, there are sketchy descriptions of certain creatures, angel-like, albeit, in the book of Revelation.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by ikeepitreal(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
luvmijeje:

Apology accepted.

Anything contrary or outside the Bible is heresy. Please don't take it personally.
ok, so in all truthfulness,you don't think that during the course of penning down the bible, minute details might have been omitted or considered too orbital for the conservative Christian mind?

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Sanchez01: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
jiggaz:
7 Archangels? i don't think so.... There were 3 arch angels in the beginning..... Lucifer, Michael & Gabriel but Lucifer fell and they remained only two.... Michael & Gabriel..... They are the two angels covering the mercy seat in the ark of the covenant.

Arch angels are very powerful angels that rule over other angels. They are called Cherubim. They are the custodian of God's Righteousness. They were created in the beginning before God created man.

Angels in heaven are in hundreds of millions in number. Lucifer took one-third of the angels which are now demons.

Below is the ark of the covenant and these are the 2 arch angels covering it and looking down at the mercy seat
Not true. The arch-angels are seven in number. Those covering the mercy seat are not arch-angels. Revelation should tell this better.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by Sanchez01: 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
ichuka:
@Op
I don't think Micheal was the first angel created by God.that position should go to Lucifer naturally.
Lucifer was only well positioned. It never meant he was the first.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by luvmijeje(f): 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2017
ikeepitreal:

ok, so in all truthfulness,you don't think that during the course of penning down the bible, minute details might have been omitted or considered too orbital for the conservative Christian mind?

Of course. But sir, you know devil has his own angels. I just believe if their name is important enough in the scheme of things , it will be mentioned.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by luvmijeje(f): 9:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sanchez01:

I hate to burst your bubble but I have to. There are certain mysteries that were never revealed in the Scriptures. The ministry of angels as well as their functions is one.

However, there are sketchy descriptions of certain creatures, angel-like, albeit, in the book of Revelation.

Okayyyyy. just wanted to be sure.
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by ichuka(m): 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lucifer was only well positioned. It never meant he was the first.
Any scripture backing to this?
Re: What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles by brainhgeek(m): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sanchez01:
3. Gabriel: Meaning - "Strength of God"; "The Divine is my strength"; "God is my strength"

Also known:
Abruel
Jibril
Jiburili
Serafili

The only Archangel depicted as female in art and literature, Gabriel is known as the "messenger" Angel and is one of the four Archangels named in Hebrew tradition and is considered one of the two highest-ranking Angels in Judeo-Christian and Islamic religious lore. Apart from Michael, she is the only Angel mentioned by name in the Old Testament. She is a powerful and strong Archangel, and those who call upon her will find themselves pushed into action that leads to beneficial results.

Gabriel can bring messages to you just as she did to Elizabeth and Mary of the impending births of their sons, John the Baptist and Jesus of Nazareth. If you are considering starting a family, Gabriel helps hopeful parents with conception or through the process of adopting a child.

Contact Gabriel if your third eye is closed and your spiritual vision is therefore blocked. If you wish to receive visions of Angelic guidance regarding the direction you are going in. If you wish to receive prophecies of the changes ahead. If you need help in interpreting your dreams and vision.

Gabriel helps anyone whose life purpose involves the arts or communication. She acts as a coach, inspiring and motivating artists, journalist and communicators and helping them to overcome fear and procrastination.

Gabriel also helps us to find our true calling. Ask for Gabriel's guidance if you have strayed from your soul's pathway, if you wish to understand your life plan and purpose. She can also help if you can find no reason for being or if changes are ahead and you need guidance. If you are contemplating a house move, major purchase or thinking of changing careers.

Call Gabriel if your body is full of toxins and needs purifying and if your thoughts are impure or negative and need clearing and cleansing. Gabriel is also very helpful for women who have been raped or sexually assaulted and feel dirty as well as being under psychic attack or if you feel that you have absorbed someone else's problems.
As touching the matter of feminine angels as depicted by this section of your article, I think it is not biblical. The bible never recorded any female angel. Angels were addressed as 'he' and not 'she' in the bible.
The only time female spirits were described or referenced in the bible was in Zech 5:9 ''Then I looked up and saw two women flying toward us, gliding on the wind. They had wings like a stork, and they picked up the basket and flew into the sky.''.
This part of the bible described them as having wings like a stork. Storks are unclean birds. One of the unclean animals listed in Leviticus 11:13-19 ''13 “‘These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle,[a] the vulture, the black vulture, 14 the red kite, any kind of black kite, 15 any kind of raven, 16 the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk, 17 the little owl, the cormorant, the great owl, 18 the white owl, the desert owl, the osprey, 19 the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.''
The question then is this, why would God make any of His servants beholding His face look like an animal He regarded as unclean. However, those flying creatures/women were not regarded as angels or son of God as the bible call angels often.
I am not trying to water down your article. It is quite informative. I however just will like to clear the air on this widely believed wrong assumption on feminine angels. It is an unbiblical theology from where God knows where.

(1) (2) (Reply)

RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions / Pastor Adeboye's 'Deep Hole' Tweet That Got People Talking On Twitter / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Attends Trump's Daughter's Wedding, Blesses Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.