Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election (43581 Views)

APC Bayelsa Primaries: Sylva Declared Winner Of Rescheduled Election / Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election / Photos: President Jonathan Smiling After Buhari Was Declared Winner Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ceejayluv(m): 10:11am On Apr 26, 2015
socialmediaman:
Let's experience change in Imo. Many people who voted believed there will be the much yearned development in Imo now that the state is in line with FG.
No, he was voted because he performed and is still very popular even after betraying APGA.. Being in same party line with FG gives no significant advantage, cos the fg will still run projects and give allocations irrespective of party affiliation (ideally).
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by handsometokunbo: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2015
zendy:

This long epistle of yours is unnecessary. The simple truth about Nigeria is that it is a country only on paper. It is nowhere near being a nation. The White mans contraption called 'Nigeria' should be divided and let everyone go there separate ways. The Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo man are not built to be together in the same country. All we have done since 1960 is kill each other and millions have died in the process of holding Lord Lugards mistake called 'Nigeria' together. The real truth is that we should all go separate ways and stop giving each other unnecessary headache.

You are right and I absolutely love what you have just suggested. I am wondering why is it difficult for Nigeria to tour the path of separation without a war.

The problem of separation of Nigeria is the "Fear of unknown" after separation must have taken place. Each nation within Nigeria state has one natural endowment or the other to survive on but as result of over dependence on oil revenue, the thought of independence without oil has become a big issue to these Nations.

I know Igbos are ready to go

Niger-Delta are ready to go but this Nation has to be really negotiated before coming together as a Nation, otherwise their story won't be different from what is obtainable in Nigeria today.

Yorubas are ready to go

Hausas/Fulanis ?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ceejayluv(m): 10:32am On Apr 26, 2015
shino62:
782, 528 invalid votes? seriously a huge number! well congratulations Owelle.
VALID votes...
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2015
Amaechi5:
Guys we imolites voted for rochas not the party(apc).

You are as naive as the 2011 voters who claimed they were not voting PDP but Jonathan. As far as the ballot paper is concerned there was no Okorocha on the ballot paper but APC.

Imo voted APC. Simples!

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ROYALD(m): 11:05am On Apr 26, 2015
Femolacaster:
Congrat to owelle okorocha.... I think this man has more GRASSROOT support than ONLINE support, because the way some igbos on nairaland display their hatred for him is disgusting except for few people like Berem and Abagworo.
Okorocha, carry on, i know your enemies will die of heart attack today because of your victory at the poll.
CONGRAT, "AWAITING PRESIDENT"!

Only people from Anambra on social always insulting Okorocha. But they do not know that we Imolite love my people my people and my governor my governor OWELE OWELLE OWELLE!

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2015
sniperwolf:

Another dumb comments
Do u understand subtle moves when u see one? No. Ur imbecilic self won't grab it.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Wislet(f): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2015
Imolites on the streets of Owerri in celebration of Rochas' victory.

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Wislet(f): 11:22am On Apr 26, 2015
Celebration continues....

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by wisellette: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/06ABUJA483_a.html
Names mentioned by USA cable include Okorocha,Bode George,Ita Giwa,Edmund Daukoro,Obasanjo himself and many more as being corrupt.
and USA the namer has saints as its cabinet members.

It's high time Africans stop worshipping the white man and everything he says. They will never broadcast to you the goings on in their own backyard, but they'll be quick to point out what your African brother is doing to turn us against one another.

Let America tell the world the wrongs they do themselves, then they'll be taken seriously.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Fidelcruiz(m): 11:44am On Apr 26, 2015
My governor my governor, my people my people has given u their mandates once again. Carry on with the good work and try and do more to establish urself more as the only qualified igbo presidential candidate come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Felvet(f): 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Congrats my governor my governor.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ezzye: 12:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
CharliParker:
YES THE LION OF THE TRIBE OF IGBO LAND, OWELLE CARRY GO

wat lion? he has done nothing of repute. make him park well abeg.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Ayus34(m): 12:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

For revealing a fact you resort to personal attacks. Go back to the motor park if you can't be civil and counter the facts I mentioned. Be mature and act your age.
what can be more civil in the 21st century than pursuing ur case in court instead of blackmailing someone else father,leader and mentor? people like u always claim the victim when u one has beaten u to ur game....u just accused someone and I said u should address ur case to the court of competent jurisdiction. ....and u 've gut to tell me about being civil,when u already committed a grievous atrocity. ....u will remain a loser that u are......and I repeat u are a shameless buffoon and unreasonable idiot!
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by zendy: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
Manbryto:

Am really disgusted at ur disposition. With ur level of education, u still sound like a village palm wine tapper. Tribalism and ethnicity will take us nowhere. One Nigeria and mutual respect for each other is a possibility. Fact

You still find it very hard to understand that you have no country. You are talking about tribalism but you fail to see that what is causing tribalism is Nigeria its self. There are many groups in Nigeria including my people the Igbos who want to go their separate ways,so why are we forcing our selves to be together? We did not kill each other before Lord Lugard came,but we been killing each since Lord Lugard left. As an Igbo man, if I had Biafra,would there be any need for the Oba of Lagos to threaten to drown me in the Lagoon? Would I care about who is Governor of Lagos? Would I have any need to fight with a Youruba or Hausa man? Over what? Nigeria is a mistake a white man called Lord LUGARD made 100 years ago and we should correct the mistake that stupiid British Business man made and go our different ways so we can finally have peace.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by millionaireman: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
Owelle, Congrats. Chief Iwuanyanwu (not Ihedioha), take heart. Next gov may be Ihedioha, he is not old.

But Owelle, please, distribute development infrastructures to the entire Imo state, beginning with the two centres of Okigwe and Orlu.

This decades of building a second city in Owerri - New Owerri Capital Territory - is denying development to the rest of Imo state - for decades.

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by PhockPhockMan: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
Caseless:
Phockphockman, severussnape, firefire, etc, where are u?
I will never congratulate a fraudster to continue defrauding my state.

I'm really sad.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by DExplorer1: 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
shizzleStar:
Deal!
Come here and congratulate Gov. Rochas. I promised I would requote you when he wins. It's obvious Imo-state belongs to APC.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by DExplorer1: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
pedel:
Governor Rochas Okorocha will become Nigerian President after General Buhari.
Very possible and that's why a good thinking Igbo need not to hate him but support him. He's the only viable representative now.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by fairheven: 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:
Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.
Here is an excerpt from Wikileaks
-The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was
eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.

My. Friend stop your ignorance,was he tried by any court of law And found guilty?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by ransomed: 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:
Are you all aware Obasanjo sacked Okorocha for corruption.I will try to find the article,we love to praise thieves in this country and he was indicted by the Senate for abandoning a road contract over a hundred million naira.
Here is an excerpt from Wikileaks
-The head of the National Airport Management Authority (NAMA), Rochas Okorocha, was caught and dismissed for embezzling about $1 million through an inflated contract; Obasanjo then appointed him as a senior aide, without requiring Okorocha to repay the stolen funds. Okorocha was
eventually fired on July 13 in a cabinet reshuffle, but went on to start a political party for his renewed presidential ambitions.

::-- In Jona's voice: How much did you say he stole? Money not enough to buy peugot 504. Stealing is not corruption according to head of fresh-aired transformation ambassador. My Governor my governor carry on...

1 Like

Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by shizzleStar: 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
DExplorer1:
Come here and congratulate Gov. Rochas. I promised I would requote you when he wins. It's obvious Imo-state belongs to APC.
cheesygringrin

Ok you won the bet, no hard feelings.

Congrats to Rochas and congrats to APC even thou I feel highly disappointed, its all good thou.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by shizzleStar: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
ROYALD:

[s]Only people from Anambra on social always insulting Okorocha. But they do not know that we Imolite love my people my people and my governor my governor OWELE OWELLE OWELLE[/s]!
Respect yourself, stick to topic and stop showing how stewpid you are
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
I knew it.Imo electrorates are sophisticated.With all the war and federal presence,Ihedioha still failed.Let him go and sit down.Okorocha campaigned with visible achievements.What did Ihedioha have to show for 12 years in Abuja?Okorocha loves Imo State,has a giving heart thats why he still stands as the best governorImo ever had after Sam Mbakwe.
All hail my Governor.For once let Imo be with the top.
Ihedioha ko,Ihedioha ni.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by DExplorer1: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
shizzleStar:
cheesygringrin

Ok you won the bet, no hard feelings.

Congrats to Rochas and congrats to APC even thou I feel highly disappointed, its all good thou.
Lest I forget, expect some PDP governors in SE and SS to join APC before the end of their 4years.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by LizPearl(f): 1:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by mek2002(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
dutchjongen:

I don't support Ihedioha in any form,the only clean politician to me is Buhari the rest are massive thieves. None of them can account for how they acquired their wealth. They have fed from the public till through inflating contracts and abandoning contracts after being paid full mobilization

Are you clean?
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2015
nosypat:

Rochas was essentially sacked by President Obasanjo for disagreeing with the then President's Third Term ambition. I am not arguing Rochas is incorruptible but to state that Obasanjo sacked someone over his corruption is as laughable as it is untrue.
What about the Senate indictment of him for abandoning a road contract of over a hundred million naira before he was Governor after full mobilization., Nigerians always looking for excuses to defend the corrupt but will be the first to condemn Allison Madueke and Stella Oduah,stop being selective a thief is a thief. There is no righteous thief
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by shizzleStar: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2015
DExplorer1:
Lest I forget, expect some PDP governors in SE and SS to join APC before the end of their 4years.
In other words you looking forward to Nigeria becoming a one party state? I disagree with you.

The fall of PDP in the last election is not the end of it. Having lost and realised its mistakes, the next thing is to re-strategize, with performance in office being a top priority and then bounce back stronger in 2019 and regain some of its lost glory.

You ought to realise that there's nothing wrong in being in a strong opposition. It will serve as checks and balances to the ruling party and help promote healthy democracy.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
wisellette:
and USA the namer has saints as its cabinet members.

It's high time Africans stop worshipping the white man and everything he says. They will never broadcast to you the goings on in their own backyard, but they'll be quick to point out what your African brother is doing to turn us against one another.

Let America tell the world the wrongs they do themselves, then they'll be taken seriously.
Those this in any way change the facts the people mention by the US ambassaor are not thieves.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ayus34:

what can be more civil in the 21st century than pursuing ur case in court instead of blackmailing someone else father,leader and mentor? people like u always claim the victim when u one has beaten u to ur game....u just accused someone and I said u should address ur case to the court of competent jurisdiction. ....and u 've gut to tell me about being civil,when u already committed a grievous atrocity. ....u will remain a loser that u are......and I repeat u are a shameless buffoon and unreasonable idiot!
I can see you have no civility and are immature that is why you have to resort to insults. You are one of the few on this platform that act and respond to members like you still in your motor park. You better go and start your shift and can insult as many people as you want when you get to the motor park.
Re: Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2015
ransomed:
::-- In Jona's voice: How much did you say he stole? Money not enough to buy peugot 504. Stealing is not corruption according to head of fresh-aired transformation ambassador. My Governor my governor carry on...
It is sad my friendOkorocha made his money before he was Governor through abandoning and inflating road contracts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Demolishes His Uncles Property (pictures) / Sanwo-Olu Meets CEOs, Mulls Lockdown Review in Seven Days / Recall Mojisola Alli-Macaulay Banner By Amuwo Odofin Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.