Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,648 members, 7,958,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

The Holy Spirit Is God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Is God (1143 Views)

The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" / Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Holy Spirit Is God by Gombs(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2015
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me... (Acts 1:8 ). 

Due to the limitations of language, many have found it difficult to understand who the "Spirit of God" is. The phrase "the Spirit of God" has a totally different connotation from the phrase a "man of God!" The latter means a man who works, talks and does things for God; a man sent by God. When we say the "Spirit of God", we don't mean a Spirit that is from God, sent by God and does things for God; no, that's not the description. The Holy Spirit is God. 

The Father never leaves His throne; He's always on His throne. When the Father does anything outside His throne, He does it through His Spirit who proceeds from Him. So, the Holy Spirit isn't another Spirit that God delegates to do something; the Holy Spirit is God Himself. When we talk about your spirit, for example, your spirit isn't another spirit that serves you. Your spirit is you, the real you! 

Now imagine this: Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you...." So, we received that Holy Spirit who Himself is God, to live in us. If we take that lightly, our lives will be ordinary. However, when you understand the power and import of having the Spirit of God live in you, you'll live supernaturally every day. 

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, not because He's number three, but because He's the third to be revealed to the Church. But the manifestation of the Holy Spirit came first; He's the first to actually be revealed in the Word of God, but He wasn't understood. 

Genesis 1 reveals the Spirit to us when the earth was a chaotic mass: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" (Genesis 1:2). So, the Holy Spirit is first revealed to us. In verse 1, the Hebrew word for God is "Elohim" - a plural word for God. So, you see, the Holy Spirit made the world, and created all things.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by MuttleyLaff: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me... (Acts 1:8 ). 

Due to the limitations of language, many have found it difficult to understand who the "Spirit of God" is. The phrase "the Spirit of God" has a totally different connotation from the phrase a "man of God!" The latter means a man who works, talks and does things for God; a man sent by God. When we say the "Spirit of God", we don't mean a Spirit that is from God, sent by God and does things for God; no, that's not the description. The Holy Spirit is God. 

The Father never leaves His throne; He's always on His throne. When the Father does anything outside His throne, He does it through His Spirit who proceeds from Him. So, the Holy Spirit isn't another Spirit that God delegates to do something; the Holy Spirit is God Himself. When we talk about your spirit, for example, your spirit isn't another spirit that serves you. Your spirit is you, the real you! 

Now imagine this: Acts 1:8 says, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you...." So, we received that Holy Spirit who Himself is God, to live in us. If we take that lightly, our lives will be ordinary. However, when you understand the power and import of having the Spirit of God live in you, you'll live supernaturally every day. 

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, not because He's number three, but because He's the third to be revealed to the Church. But the manifestation of the Holy Spirit came first; He's the first to actually be revealed in the Word of God, but He wasn't understood. 

Genesis 1 reveals the Spirit to us when the earth was a chaotic mass: "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" (Genesis 1:2). So, the Holy Spirit is first revealed to us. In verse 1, the Hebrew word for God is "Elohim" - a plural word for God. So, you see, the Holy Spirit made the world, and created all things.
This is an enthralling post!
Is this an original work, as in, did you write it?
Need to know whether or not it is, as I find the post to be a very interesting piece
and would like to engage the author, in depth on the post and other things relating to its content,
if the author is you, then it makes things convenient and even better.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by MuttleyLaff: 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
joanprice:
this is todays rhapsody of realities by pastor chris oyahkhilome.
Well. OK then and thank you for answering for OP.

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by Gombs(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Well. OK then and thank you for answering for OP.

You can engage me smiley
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by MuttleyLaff: 12:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:
You can engage me smiley
Thank you but are you sure you're fully conversant with the entirety of the post, including the small details?
I'll be asking questions to clarify or confirms some points in the post and elsewhere
and since the post isnt originally yours, I am checking to see, if you'll be competent in the engagement or up to the task.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by Gombs(m): 1:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

Thank you but are you sure you're fully conversant with the entirety of the post, including the small details?
I'll be asking questions to clarify or confirms some points in the post and elsewhere
and since the post isnt originally yours, I am checking to see, if you'll be competent in the engagement or up to the task.

Mail pastor Chris then

comments@pastorchrislive.org

Thanks
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by MuttleyLaff: 1:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:
Mail pastor Chris then

comments@pastorchrislive.org

Thanks
Nah, I pass, I earlier thought it was your post and your idea
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by kay1one2(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person in the Godhead. God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God but different from God the Father.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by Gombs(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
kay1one2:

The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person in the Godhead. God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God but different from God the Father.

How?
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by kay1one2(m): 10:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Gombs:

How?

Because there are 3 persons in one. Jesus prayed to God the Father to send the Holy Spirit as a Comforter to believers!
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by Gombs(m): 6:20am On Apr 27, 2015
kay1one2:

Because there are 3 persons in one. Jesus prayed to God the Father to send the Holy Spirit as a Comforter to believers!

Read the OP again.. You'd notice

He is same as God... God never leaves his throne. He manifested Himself as the Holy Spirit and the Word.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by Emteebee(m): 7:09am On Apr 27, 2015
kay1one2:

What?
- which Holy Spirit was Elizabeth filled with?
- which Holy Spirit was Zachariah filled with ?
- which Holy Spirit was John the baptist filled with from his mothers womb ?. ( I'm yet to establish what this phrase really means, if you don't mind making it clearer to me.).
- which holy sprit help Jesus and his deciples?
- which Holy Spirit did Jesus fill his deciples with ?
- which Holy Spirit helped Jesus and his ministry?
- which Holy Spirit did Jesus receive while baptized from John who had already been filled with the Holy Spirit ?
All this happened before and while Jesus was on earth . But which Holy Spirit was Jesus talking about in John 16:7?
I would appreciate your reply. Tnx
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by kay1one2(m): 7:16am On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:

What?
- which Holy Spirit was Elizabeth filled with?
- which Holy Spirit was Zachariah filled with ?
- which Holy Spirit was John the baptist filled with from his mothers womb ?. ( I'm yet to establish what this phrase really means, if you don't mind making it clearer to me.).
- which holy sprit help Jesus and his deciples?
- which Holy Spirit did Jesus fill his deciples with ?
- which Holy Spirit helped Jesus and his ministry?
- which Holy Spirit did Jesus receive while baptized from John who had already been filled with the Holy Spirit ?
All this happened before and while Jesus was on earth . But which Holy Spirit was Jesus talking about in John 16:7?
I would appreciate your reply. Tnx

All these people had the Holy Spirit but 1. To a measure limited and determined by God.
2. The Holy Spirit Jesus wanted us to be filled with was going to come upon us through faith in Christ not a close to complete fufillment of the law. Those who had the Holy Spirit then had to have a certain level of righteousness through the law to be considered worthy.
3. The Holy Spirit hadn't been poured out to all believers but to a select few for the purpose of carrying out God's purpose on earth.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by kay1one2(m): 7:21am On Apr 27, 2015
Gombs:

Read the OP again.. You'd notice

He is same as God... God never leaves his throne. He manifested Himself as the Holy Spirit and the Word.

He is God but not God the Father. At the baptism of Jesus, Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit who descended on him in the form of a dove while a Voice from Heaven; God the Father, confirmed Jesus to the onlookers by calling him his beloved Son in whom He was well pleased. Voice from Heaven. The Holy Spirit descending. Jesus in water. The Holy Trinity all in various positions!
Re: The Holy Spirit Is God by austinejohnson(m): 8:45am On Apr 29, 2015
The Holy Spirit is God Himself, God is not Here on earth, but ther Holyspirit Manifest God's presence to us,He communicate God's presence to us, that's isaih called Him the "angel of His presence" that state was only used once in the Bible,isaia 63:9... He carries God's power, it the Holy spirit that takes any form or shape of any creature that pleases Him, because God exist in His eternal state...no wonder David said He bends the heaven to come down to earth,,,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Is The Largest Religion In The World / Atheist Are Not Bad People / See What I Saw On A Friend's Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.