Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? (8855 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 9:32am On Apr 26, 2015
I honestly don't know the answer to this question.
Is it by speaking in tongues? What if I live in sin and speak in tongues, do I still have him? And how do I know I do? And what if I'm not speaking in tongues really but I'm being 'carried':-D away by 'everybody-does-it-so-let-me-do-too' syndrome?
Is it by hearing his voice?Is he my conscience?
Is it by the laying on of hands? What if the person that laid hands on me is not accepted of God, can he still transfer the holy spirit?
Abi Holy Spirit cannot live in 'dust'?
Cc Pastor kun Goshen Ihedinobi Humbledbygrace sukkot dagr8 Anonimus Truthislight and others.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by p2t2r(m): 9:48am On Apr 26, 2015
Getting answers is not as easy as raising questions.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 9:52am On Apr 26, 2015
^Someone might have the answer, you know.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ITbomb(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by swaggzo(m): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2015
DID YOU JUST MENTION SPEAKING IN TONGUES?

THAT'S WHAT THESE CHARISMATIC PEOPLE USE TO DECEIVE YOU PEOPLE.

THE SAME PEOPLE YOU GROOVE AND PARTY WITH IN THE NIGHT, START TO PRAY THE NEXT MORNING AND IN LEST THAN 6 SECONDS TIME OF PRAYERS, THEY START TO MUMBLE IRONIC WORDS, MEANINGLESS AND UNRELATED TO ANY TRIBE OR ETHNIC GROUP IN THE WORLD. .

AND YOU SAY THEY'RE LED BE THE SPIRIT?

NIGGA PLEASE! !
undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2015
The word Stupid begins with S, so does Swaggzo **rolls eyes** #Nooffence. I'm not a NIGGA.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 10:30am On Apr 26, 2015
ITbomb:
Following
You have the Holy Spiritcheesy
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by swaggzo(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2015
ATMC:
The word Stupid begins with S, so does Swaggzo **rolls eyes** #Nooffence. I'm not a NIGGA.

MY NIGGA. .I FEEL YOU!
cheesy
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2015
swaggzo:

MY NIGGA. .I FEEL YOU!
cheesy
lol. Goat!
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ITbomb(m): 10:58am On Apr 26, 2015
ATMC:
You have the Holy Spiritcheesy
Yeah I believe so cos the Holy Spirit convicts me when I sin (John 16:cool but when I am in the spirit, it fills me with power (Acts 1:cool and conviction (the speaking in tongues is just a small sign of the overwhelming inner power) .
It also leads me to the truth cos I can read the Bible with understanding and have revelations from it without waiting for my pastor.

I believe it is the Holy Spirit cos not many people have that consciousness. But then, I am following to hear what the men of God have to say.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2015
ITbomb what if it was your conscience that convinced you of sin?I thought it's your conscience that pricks you.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ITbomb(m): 11:39am On Apr 26, 2015
ATMC:
ITbomb what if it was your conscience that convinced you of sin?I thought it's your conscience that pricks you.
My conscience tells me it is wrong, that is the pricking, and sometimes I present a good argument (maybe for a greater good) and go ahead and do it.
But if the mere thinking about it or after doing it, I feel guilty without any argument, that is the spirit in me convicting me.
But then it is just me, not a general rule
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by An2elect2(f): 2:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Can i come in smiley

Look at the cross, behold Christ on the cross with
bruises all over him, holes in arms and legs. Look at
Him, holy and blameless, lamb. Lonely. You can't find
any trace of smile on his face. Forsaken. He is not just
a good man, He is perfect that there is no guile found
in Him. Not even one. If there is, hanging there on that
cross wont be His lot. Look at Him, bearing on his body
the consequences of "our" sins. All "our" sins! All! Not
one is allowed to slide. It is a painful death. Need i say
it is not deserved. He didn't commit a crime but
wicked men and women like us are crying "crucify
him!!!" Is Jesus not able to come down from that
cross? He raised Lazarus from the dead after all!
"save yourself king of the jews!!!" Now someone is
shouting! More wails and cries that amidst that no one
remembered that "The temple MUST be destroyed and
built in 3 days" "That the saviour must of need suffer"
"That the good shepherd must lay His life down for His
sheep" "That the ONLY way they can live is through
death"
There was only one thing that took Jesus to Golgotha
and that one thing was what kept Him there on the
cross till He took in the full wrath of God. And it was
His ETERNAL LOVE for His people. His people were all
on their way to eternal damnation cos of one thing. You
guessed it, sin. One sin was enough for God to call it
off with man! When Jesus hung on that cross, it was to
pay for this sin, this sin that caused men to hate God,
was atoned for, for ever! God cannot punish any of His
people for their sins again! If He did Christ died in vain.
He cannot punish twice for the same sin. All His
people's sins He has paid for through the death of
Christ. Here is the summary, their salvation judgement
has taken place on the cross already. They are saved
for ever and sealed with that Holy spirit of promise.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2015
ATMC:
I honestly don't know the answer to this question.
Is it by speaking in tongues? What if I live in sin and speak in tongues, do I still have him? And how do I know I do? And what if I'm not speaking in tongues really but I'm being 'carried':-D away by 'everybody-does-it-so-let-me-do-too' syndrome?
Is it by hearing his voice?Is he my conscience?
Is it by the laying on of hands? What if the person that laid hands on me is not accepted of God, can he still transfer the holy spirit?
Abi Holy Spirit cannot live in 'dust'?
Cc Pastor kun Goshen Ihedinobi Humbledbygrace sukkot dagr8 Anonimus Truthislight and others.
you will have lots of celestial communication in your dreams and even when awake. if you have the holy spirit the LORD will open up a portal in your mind to where you will see things others cant see. you will see the messages in everything he is doing. some people call it being in the fourth dimension. even though we all exists on earth as humans some peoples eye can only see in three dimensions but if you have the holy spirit you will have a four dimension vision wink

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
you will have lots of celestial communication in your dreams and even when awake. if you have the holy spirit the LORD will open up a portal in your mind to where you will see things others cant see. you will see the messages in everything he is doing. some people call it being in the fourth dimension. even though we all exists on earth as humans some peoples eye can only see in three dimensions but if you have the holy spirit you will have a four dimension vision wink
You and I deep down know that this is a bloody lie and it doesn't happen. You can claim it happens, but in your heart you know it doesn't.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:

You and I deep down know that this is a bloody lie and it doesn't happen. You can claim it happens, but in your heart you know it doesn't.
bros, just because i have never been to australia does not mean australia does not exist. i want you to think deeply about that
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Weah96: 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
bros, just because i have never been to australia does not mean australia does not exist. i want you to think deeply about that

Materials prevent you from visiting Australia. You need money and documents.

What do I need to get this spirit? Some esoteric balderdash, isn't it? I need to listen to my heart and embrace the love of someone.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
anyway. #shrugs.
Sukkotsmiley will always be fun...not in a 'hahahaha' way shaa.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
Nice. Now do you believe Australia exists by faith? Obviously no, you have one evidence or the other. Likewise, the Holy Spirit situation, we need evidence. We don't need someone to come and tell us some wierd out of imagination events which only he experiences. Also remember these things,
-people with near death experience see wierd things.
-mad people see wierd things
-people with mental problems see wierd things
-people see wierd thing in dreams
What do you think will happen to the world had we started believing all their stories.?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:

Nice. Now do you believe Australia exists by faith? Obviously no, you have one evidence or the other. Likewise, the Holy Spirit situation, we need evidence. We don't need someone to come and tell us some wierd out of imagination events which only he experiences. Also remember these things,
-people with near death experience see wierd things.
-mad people see wierd things
-people with mental problems see wierd things
-people see wierd thing in dreams
What do you think will happen to the world had we started believing all their stories.?
some things in life just are. just cuz you cant see it dont mean it dont exist. for example you breath in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide but can you see the oxygen that you are inhaling ? but you just assume you are inhaling it right ? even though you dont see it. another example is a tornado. do you see the wind ? but just by how it is swirling the sand and destroying things in its path you know even though you cant see it, it exists. like i said initially, some things just are. you dont have to see everything to believe it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
ATMC:
anyway. #shrugs.
Sukkotsmiley will always be fun...not in a 'hahahaha' way shaa.
trust you had a good weekend ATMC

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
some things in life just are. just cuz you cant see it dont mean it dont exist. for example you breath in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide but can you see the oxygen that you are inhaling ? but you just assume you are inhaling it right ? even though you dont see it. another example is a tornado. do you see the wind ? but just by how it is swirling the sand and destroying things in its path you know even though you cant see it, it exists. like i said initially, some things just are. you dont have to see everything to believe it.
Weah96:

Materials prevent you from visiting Australia. You need money and documents.

What do I need to get this spirit? Some esoteric balderdash, isn't it? I need to listen to my heart and embrace the love of someone.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
Do you believe Santa claus is real? If no, why?
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 4:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:

Do you believe Santa claus is real? If no, why?
Santa claus is real. it started with a guy named saint nicholas who would go around and give poor children gifts. its a true story. historically logged. the name santa claus is a modofication of saint nicholas

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Emteebee(m): 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
Santa claus is real. it started with a guy named saint nicholas who would go around and give poor children gifts. its a true story. historically logged. the name santa claus is a modofication of saint nicholas
commercialization and consumerism has made Christmas to stray away from st Nick. He is now depicted as being fat, dressed in red with a flowing white beard, and being jolly and plump. There is a lot of debate whether he is real or not. Now, despite having not seen this mystical dude nor knowing st Nick, why do you think people still believe that this mystery guy is real? (i mean fat mystery guy)

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Emteebee:

commercialization and consumerism has made Christmas to stray away from st Nick. He is now depicted as being fat, dressed in red with a flowing white beard, and being jolly and plump. There is a lot of debate whether he is real or not. Now, despite having not seen this mystical dude nor knowing st Nick, why do you think people still believe that this mystery guy is real? (i mean fat mystery guy)
he is real same way ajayi crowther and mungo park and lord lugard are real even though you and i never met any of them
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Goshen360(m): 4:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
The two evidences of the Holy Spirit in believers in Christ are the GIFTS and FRUITS of the Spirit. The gifts are subject to as the Spirit distribute but the fruits are produced just as a result of the Spirit residing in the believer.

The rest you said as regard sin, has nothing to do with the Spirit because He will never leave you alone nor forsake you just because you sin. He will help you not to sin but the choice to sin or not is still on you. Sin temptation comes with or without the Holy Spirit. He's there to help your weaknesses and build you up. This isn't the covenant of "take not thy Holy Spirit from me", this is the covenant of "you have been sealed with the Spirit". I don't even know how you can loose yourself if you're sealed with the Spirit.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Alexk2(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
@ op., i believe the most important question to ask is how can i be sure that i'm a child of God or born again or a genuine christian?...to me, this is the most important as you'll always be given this free gift of the Holy Spirit the very moment you say a genuine YES to JESUS.
To answer the above questn, go to Romans 8:16.."the Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."....if you belong to Him, there will be the witness of the Holy Spirit inside of you.

Now abt other evidence, we have the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit..gal. 5:22-23 give us an insight into those fruits---every believer is expected to display all that to God's glory--bt remember that fruits are 'product' from a fruitful tree just as those qualities are products of a life surrended totally to the master and been lead by the Holy Spirit(old things must have passed away).

Speaking in tongues is one of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit(check 1 cor. 12:7-11) and "He gives it to each man, just as He determines."
there is no need to fret, trouble yourself or condemn yourself as an unbeliever just because you cant speak in tongue yet. All you need do is ask and keep asking for it..then wait patiently and with a clear understanding that you relationshp with Jesus Christ is far more important than 'gifts'

so in summary, all that is so important is to be sure you belong to Jesus---all other things will come as He promised.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
An2elect2:
Can i come in smiley
When Jesus hung on that cross, it was to
pay for this sin, this sin that caused men to hate God,
was atoned for, for ever! God cannot punish any of His
people for their sins again! If He did Christ died in vain.
He cannot punish twice for the same sin. All His
people's sins He has paid for through the death of
Christ. Here is the summary, their salvation judgement
has taken place on the cross already. They are saved
for ever and sealed with that Holy spirit
of promise.
Kai, there is nothing as sweet to hear and to know than the finished work on the cross. Christ died for us, so that we can never ever be condemned again(forgiven forever). On the cross, on the cross, be my glory ever smiley.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
@topic...You will know, like Alexk2 rightly said, if you belong to Him, there will be the witness of the Holy Spirit inside of you.
Is it speaking in tongues? No. Speaking in tongues IMO, is the evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit(power) and not salvation.
Whoever is saved is given the Spirit as a deposit and a guarantee of our inheritance(Eph 1:13-14, 2 Cor 1:22)
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
These are effects. Existence of oxygen can be proved. But from what you wrote, I see mostly the effect not the evidence of the presence of the Holy Spirit. You sound very convinced that the Holy Spirit lives in you.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
sukkot:
trust you had a good weekend ATMC
I want an extra day#pouts...Is the weekend enough for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Is It Right For A Christian To Take Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.