Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? (8853 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by ATMC(f): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
BUAHAHAHA hey, its called a different unknown tongue. something you never heard before. you are used to the world reknowned oyakhilome and oyedepo doctrine which is all rubbish. you are now encountering someone who speaks in an unknown tongue wink grin
come again, you say what?
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
ATMC:
come again, you say what?
i say a different unknown tongue is a different dimension of scriptural exegesis
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
ATMC:
I honestly don't know the answer to this question.
Is it by speaking in tongues? What if I live in sin and speak in tongues, do I still have him? And how do I know I do? And what if I'm not speaking in tongues really but I'm being 'carried':-D away by 'everybody-does-it-so-let-me-do-too' syndrome?
Is it by hearing his voice?Is he my conscience?
Is it by the laying on of hands? What if the person that laid hands on me is not accepted of God, can he still transfer the holy spirit?
Abi Holy Spirit cannot live in 'dust'?
Cc Pastor kun Goshen Ihedinobi Humbledbygrace sukkot dagr8 Anonimus Truthislight and others.
the holy ghost was given to you when you got the baptism of the holy ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues.take note he came to help you live a holy life,he didn't come because you are holy.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
tim26will:

Well you've just succeeded talking to yourself if you call speaking in tongue awkward.
Rom 8 says ..."we do not know how to pray but Holy Spirit intercede for us in groaning which cannot be altered...."
Sir, if you are not yet being filled with the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, I'm sorry to say, you are yet to start the Christian race.
you can't say he hasn't start his xtian race.but you can say that they are some dimensions in the spirit he can never be exposed to.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
tim26will:

Well you've just succeeded talking to yourself if you call speaking in tongue awkward.
Rom 8 says ..."we do not know how to pray but Holy Spirit intercede for us in groaning which cannot be altered...."
Sir, if you are not yet being filled with the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, I'm sorry to say, you are yet to start the Christian race.

What I meant by awkward is when you are in a prayer meeting with some people and all of a sudden some of them start speaking in tongues knowing very well there is no one to interpret which isn't right.

Paul states that he who speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself , but only prophesy (preaching) edifies the Church (1 Corinthians 14:4)

Also, He states that if any man speaks in an unknown tongue, that it must be by two or three at the most, and each in turn,
one at a time (verse 27). In these Churches
today, a lot of people babble and speak in
tongues at the same time,and Paul says this
should not be.
Paul also says that there must be an interpreter (verse 27). But you never hear, in your own language, the interpretation
of these tongues in these Churches. That is a
direct contradiction of this scripture -Apostle Paul says.

if there is no interpreter, then the tongues
must not be spoken in church!
1 Corinthians 14:28, "...let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." If a man feels moved to speak in tongues, and there's no interpreter, then he should speak to himself and to God.

And sir, I have started the Christian race, I was slow, thus am still a baby Christian but I will get there.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
[b]speaking in tongues is not biblical. its rubbish. it is mans wrong interpretation of the bible that brought about that confusion. in acts the second chapter jews from all the nations under the sun came together for the pentecost and they all spoke different languages. that is what is called tongues. so when these jews went out to preach, people of different nations heard them speak in their own tongues because the jews spoke different languages. this is what is mistaken for ' speaking in some demonic babbling language '. its rubbish and does not exist. secondly baptism with literal water is rubbish and non-biblical. when bible says water it means the knowledge of the scriptures. so getting baptized with water means getting taught the esoteric understanding of the word of God. baptize means to teach esoteric knowledge and water means the scriptures. so you shouldnt be expected to speak gibberish and neither should you be expected to be dipped in h20 ( water ). these are all traditions of men culled from mis-translation of scriptures[/b]

Sukkot! shocked shocked

Please don't tell me all those Christians speaking in tongues are just saying rubbish.

Ever came accross 1corithians 14 or Acts 8:38-40; 9:17-20; 16:15,32-34.

Mathew 3:13-17 is an evidence that Jesus
was baptised in water by John the baptist.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
malvisguy212:
hey bro. I try to post a comment on the christian chat box but I couldn't, but I can post in every other religion thread, is there a new rule in there? Thank you.
Are you sure you were not banned? If there is a new rule, I am not aware. I just tried posting now and is normal,may be you should try again.
It has been a while, I hope you are doing great smiley.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
@Sukkot grin
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:
@Sukkot grin
i troway salute my bros wink grin
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joavid:

Sukkot! shocked shocked

Please don't tell me all those Christians speaking in tongues are just saying rubbish.

you need to start getting into the etymology of words undecided
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joavid:

Sukkot! shocked shocked

what the bible defines as WATER.

REVELATION 17 VERSE 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the wh-ore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
@Sukkot grin ..Speaking in tongues is Biblical and is real
@misreal, the Holy Spirit is not given when you get baptized with the Holy spirit but when you believed in Jesus and If @Joavid have received Jesus as her Lord and saviour, she has the Holy Spirit in her.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:
@misreal, the Holy Spirit is not given when you get baptized with the Holy spirit but when you believed in Jesus and If @Joavid have received Jesus as her Lord and saviour, she has the Holy Spirit in her.
Well you can go ahead and keep pretending to speak gibberish, oops i meant speak in tongues >>> shalababababalababababa shablababababababababababa shocked grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
Well you can go ahead and keep pretending to speak gibberish, oops i meant speak in tongues >>> shalababababalababababa shablababababababababababa shocked grin
Yes, I will continue to speak as He gives me utterance and I hope you would come to that understanding someday smiley
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
what the bible defines as WATER.

REVELATION 17 VERSE 15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the wh-ore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Ok. But can you please explain what happened in Mathew 3:13-17?

Also, apostle paul teaching on the holy spirit and speaking in tongues.

I would love to know.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

Yes, I will continue to speak as He gives me utterance and I hope you would come to that understanding someday smiley
what understanding ? how to speak as if i have lost my mind ? grin wink
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joavid:

Ok. But can you please explain what happened in Mathew 3:13-17?

Also, apostle paul teaching on the holy spirit and speaking in tongues.

I would love to know.
this what happened. ' john the baptist ' taught christ the deeper secrets and meaning of the scriptures. thats what it means by john the baptist baptized christ. and after christ became seasoned in his studies he got spiritually raptured and reconnected with Yah after which the utterance THIS IS MY SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED is uttered as a sign of approval for christ studying to show himself approved to Yah.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
what understanding ? how to speak as if i have lost my mind ? grin wink
Nope, how to edify yourself
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
this what happened. ' john the baptist ' taught christ the deeper secrets and meaning of the scriptures. thats what it means by john the baptist baptized christ. and after christ became seasoned in his studies he got spiritually raptured and reconnected with Yah after which the utterance THIS IS MY SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED is uttered as a sign of approval for christ studying to show himself approved to Yah.
grin...sorry Iam laughing, it sounds funny
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

Nope, how to edify yourself
i edify myself by reading scriptures not speaking some non-existent language cheesy
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

grin...sorry Iam laughing, it sounds funny
i know. you have never heard scriptures like this before so its funny.

mark 1 verse 27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? wink
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
i know. you have never heard scriptures like this before so its funny.

mark 1 verse 27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? wink
lol, you made me remember MEILYN, are you him?
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:
you are mistaken.the work of the holy ghost during conversion is different from his work during the baptism of the holy ghost.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by dagr8(m): 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
misreal:
you are mistaken.the work of the holy ghost during conversion is different from his work during the baptism of the holy ghost.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:

John taught christ deeper secrets and the scriptures
It should be the other way round.

I hope you are gonna tell me next that Jesus is not who I think he is. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

what's with the face.why did Jesus ask his disciples to wait in Jerusalem after his death
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by misreal(m): 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

what's with the face.why did Jesus ask his disciples to wait in Jerusalem after his ressurection
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joavid:

John taught christ deeper secrets and the scriptures
It should be the other way round.

I hope you are gonna tell me next that Jesus is not who I think he is. lipsrsealed
well initially john taught him and then he went to egypt and when he returned from egypt and john had been corrupted ( beheaded ) by the roman empire, then he had to teach john all over again.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by sukkot: 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
dagr8:

lol, you made me remember MEILYN, are you him?
nah chief i aint MEILYN.
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Iaz93: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joavid:
That awkward moment when you are in a group prayer section and some people start speaking in tongues all of a sudden sad

Somehow I think its not right

There is nothing as fulfilling for me when I pray privately and cry to God. I feel good afterwards. Like no shaking. Lol

I don't know if its just me.
I feel exactly the same way, too.

On their speaking in tongues all of a sudden, I feel like they're forcing themselves. grin Even before the prayer starts (they're just raising the praying points o), you hear someone behind you already blowing it. grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
sukkot:
well initially john taught him and then he went to egypt and when he returned from egypt and john had been corrupted ( beheaded ) by the roman empire, then he had to teach john all over again.

You never cease to amaze me.
I still have a long way to go in this christian journey.
And I must say, the way you interpret the bible is not what we are used to.
Are there preachers/pastors with the same view as yours? So I can get their CD's

And One more thing, you said those filled with the holy spirit are on the fourth dimension seeing things in 4D. How does someone get to that point?

Please answer the 2 questions o. smiley
Re: How Do You Know You Have The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Iaz93:
I feel exactly the same way, too.

On their speaking in tongues all of a sudden, I feel like they're forcing themselves. grin Even before the prayer starts (they're just raising the praying points o), you hear someone behind you already blowing it. grin lipsrsealed

Its common in churches today. I try not to judge, and focus on what am doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Is It Right For A Christian To Take Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.