Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl (30539 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
:shipit:
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by ProfRoland(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
Pls update na...next pls
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Clarakings

literally
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Clarakings:
Immediately they left, mother heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the pavement and Dera hurriedly went to lock the gate. I went in search of my Father behind the house carefully calling out his name softly. He emerged from behind the bathroom all clothed in mud. I quickly fixed water for him to wash up before he joined us in the house. Mother had stopped crying as Peter snored away in his arms.
"This is worse than I anticipated. Who would have thought that our peaceful village will turn to a war land. I just hope this fracas ends soon because feeding will soon be a problem". Mother said staring into nothingness. I brought out the mat from under the bed, carried Peter from mother's arms and laid him on the mat.
"I have been thinking of a way you and the children can leave this village at least for the time being".
"Pa Ibe said its not safe to leave the village yet and besides if we are leave, you must come with us because you are not fit for war yet".
"Don't worry about me, God will take care of me". We turned to look at Father simultaneously. His new found faith in the God he once insulted was a surprise to us. He seemed to notice and began to explain.
"While in the prison, some persons came to preach to us about the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Prior to that time, I had attempted to commit suicide twice but the warder intercepted me and I kept cursing this man in my mind. I never knew that God was using him to save my life because I lost so much blood in my last attempt before he saw me. After that, I lost all hopes of living and even dying too. Life was meaningless to me coupled with the ill treatment meted out to prisoners. Living was intolerable for me until a group of persons came to minister to us. I found hope in the words that the said to us and strength in the little that they taught us. I instantly gave my life to Christ and since then I have felt a lot better knowing that I have this very hope" Father stopped to wipe a tear that have escaped unto his cheek.
"I know that I have lived a terrible life before now but I am new man now and I promise to be a better husband and father." Father finished as tears flowed from my eyes. I had never seen father this emotional before. Mother turned her face to wall and I wondered at her reaction. Mother seemed to have other problems bothering her other than the family issues and I could not stop thinking what it might be.
"Only time will tell" I thought to myself as father signaled us for our first ever family night prayers.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by donmat06(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nyc story u gat here, by we nid an update or don't u guys tink xo?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Clarakings(f): 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2015
I yawned and stretched out on the mat as rays of sunlight from the slightly opened window hit my eyes. Dera had rolled onto the floor therefore affording me enough space on the mat. I looked at the bed where father was sleeping soundly. Mother appeared to have been up early because I couldn't see her around the room. I dragged my tired self outside, and shut the door quietly behind me.
"Good morning Mother" I greeted on seeing her bent over a bucket. My voice startled her and she hastily wiped off saliva that was trickling from her mouth, and that was when I knew that she had been vomiting.
"Mother are you having fever? Should I get some medication for you?" I asked searching her face as she tried to force on a smile but I was not deceived.
"No, I am fine. Its just the stress of yesterday. I will just wash my face and I will be alright".
I nodded forcing myself to believe that she is alright even when she appeared pale. Deep down within me I knew that there was more to mother's paleness than she was making me to believe.
I had done the little chore at home while putting together the last tuber of yam in the house for breakfast. Dera had woken up a little disappointed that his trap inside the compound had caught nothing save for grasshopper.
"Such a waste of time" I muttered as he busied himself setting it after freeing the helpless creature.
We ate in silence savoring every bit of the porridge. Dera was washing the dishes in the kitchen reluctantly when a loud knock on the gate interrupted my train of thoughts and we stilled for a moment. Although doing domestics was not one of Dera's favourite but he seemed not to have much choice on this one. The knocking came again and this time louder.
"Open the gate, it is the youth of Isieke" a voice said from behind the gate.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Olaide59(f): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ride on sis
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by Rukkydelta(f): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nice one
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by bquin2all(f): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
ghost mode deactivated #bringupmoreupdates
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by dherbee: 10:46am On Oct 31, 2015
Carry go!!!
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Schoolgirl by icequeeTM(f): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2016
Pls why the long hiatus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.